It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: I Will Attack Iran Alone if Necessary

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I guess it's official, Romney won...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
How about Iran stops sponsoring terrorist organisations and quits playing games with a nervous world regarding their "peaceful" nuclear ambitions?

Iran has done their part as well to bring the rhetoric and saber rattling to where it is now, to pretend otherwise is naive or disingenuous.

and i cant understand how a comment made in the 1980s.....is still being used to war monger

i dont know what they want

permission
or us to fight for him

see look

there is more evidence to show iran are not sponsors of terrorists....
while they help terrorists in syria, libya and kurdish rebels in turkey....

just saying....without the persian army...zion is only a short tank ride away

edit on 6-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

I see this argument repeated by the Iranian apologist crowd quite often on ATS.

How exactly does "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" and "wiped off the map" differ in this context?

On one hand "wiped off the map" implies the abolition of the modern Israeli state to be replaced by a greater Palestine.

On the other saying that "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" is a more melodramatic reference to the abolition of the Israeli state to be replaced by a singe Palestinian state.

It means the same thing.

No, literally it really doesnt. I dont know about you, but when I say something, I say what I mean, not some cryptic BS. If what the Iranian head honcho said, was that "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" then THAT is precisely what he meant. That and nothing else. Do not interpret, just read and comprehend. Its plain enough language after all.

How about Iran stops sponsoring terrorist organisations and quits playing games with a nervous world regarding their "peaceful" nuclear ambitions?

Iran has played no games what so ever with its nuclear program. They have every right to create nuclear power stations and infrastructure, and I have to say, I am glad that they are making this choice to continue. Even the Iranians dont want to use oil right now, and that says something.The nuclear power they are producing is going to make life much cheaper and easier for the nation as a whole, which can only be a good thing for its people.

And as for the deliberately inflamatory reference to "peaceful" nuclear ambitions, very well done, that was particularly childish. The reality of the situation is that no one has ever been able to prove that the Iranians have, are working on, or have aquired the requisite parts to make a nuclear weapon, and until that proof exists, the only reason to suggest such a thing is outright xenophobia.

Iran has done their part as well to bring the rhetoric and saber rattling to where it is now, to pretend otherwise is naive or disingenuous.

For the record I believe that diplomacy, not force is the solution to the current quagmire.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

Either your preference for diplomacy is false, or your attitude toward nuclear power production in Iran is. Having both is a completely unresolveable position. If you wish a diplomatic solution, you have to accept that the Iranians must be allowed nuclear power, and quit being so afraid of them that you assume that thier every nuclear effort must be negative. You cannot have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Netanyahu reminds me of crazy ol Don Quixote, and his lone crusade against those massive windmills.
(I wish he'd take his steed and sword, and go after these horrid Agenda 21 giant songbird killing things littering my rural areas.)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Netanyahu: I Will Attack Iran Alone if Necessary

www.israelnationalnews.com

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu promised on Monday that by the time his term as Prime Minister is over, Iran will not have a nuclear weapons program.

Speaking to Channel 2, Netanyahu said that if it is necessary, he will lead an independent Israeli attack against Iran, even without the support of the United States.

“When former Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion declared the establishment of the State of Israel, was it with the consent of the Americans? When former Prime Minister Menachem Begin bombed the Iraqi nuclear reactor, was that with the consent of the Americans?” asked Netany
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

This man is a raving man... a man that can't carry out his warmongering plans, but can't
let go of his war lust. Ben shut up and concentrate . You're holding an entire people in a concentration camp.
Given your peoples history your face should turn red.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is a bit hypocritical. There is very high probability that Israeli strike on Iran and hell breaking loose as a result of all this WILL draw US troops into the fight.
Also, he mentions that Israel is going to strike before he is out of the office? This is double dumb.
If he speaks truth (not granted, politician after all and there are elections soon) - he reveals to Iranians that strike will come during next three months. And he will drag pre-election politically unstable country into most serious conflict it had since 1973.
And if he means that it will be after he is reelected - or lies - it comes out like an empty chest-beating and weakens Israeli deterrence.
On more personal note, i voted for Likud since i could vote and i actually liked Netanyahu. He saved Israel from Greece economical scenario despite political costs. But his stupid push for no-win-just-delay-a-bit war and that unholy alliance with Lieberman.... Green party, you got one more vote on this elections. Maybe they will actually make it to Knesset this time,thanks to me.

P.S
OP , regime occupying Jerusalem = Israel. Iranian political ,religious or whatever leaders never ever ever ever officially use the name Israel.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
go on i dare ya!!! i double dare you muthaf@&ker

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CONEDESTROYA

I take it your comment is aimed at Netanyahu? What precisely do you think the effect of his hitting the killswitch will be? Would you really want to see that?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
By all means Bibi, go ahead - alone.

But no... we all know he wont do it alone. By the time he'll strike iran he'll also stage a supposed "iranian" attack against the us fleet, getting the US instantly on his side against iran - I dont think the US can avoid a war against Iran.

Sure we can. We just tell Israel that if they take military action of any kind against Iran for any reason whatsoever...we just go ahead and level Israel instead of Iran.

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i giggle every time i see that picture of him with the cartoon nuke

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

But no... we all know he wont do it alone. By the time he'll strike iran he'll also stage a supposed "iranian" attack against the us fleet, getting the US instantly on his side against iran - I dont think the US can avoid a war against Iran.

Sure we can. We just tell Israel that if they take military action of any kind against Iran for any reason whatsoever...we just go ahead and level Israel instead of Iran.

Problem solved.

so your saying that instead of killing muslim civilians we should be killing jewish civilians? sounds kinda racist to me

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I find this highly interesting and I was totally unaware of it.

P.S OP , regime occupying Jerusalem = Israel. Iranian political ,religious or whatever leaders never ever ever ever officially use the name Israel.

This makes me laugh but it just goes to show ya how these two regimes will never get along peacefully and sooner or later the war will begin. Bibi has been mongering for how long now? A long time, but I truly believe he will get his way because he doesn't stop and it you want it bad enough it will be yours. He and Israel may just lead us all into WWIII and everyone should be very afraid of this.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

So you think killing jews is bad but killing muslims is ok?
That sound kinda racist to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Problem solved.

Like I said on another thread, thats the stuff dreams are made of! But I dont think so... unfortunately.

Although if that happened, it would only be required 1 aircraft carrier, and it would be there only half-an-hour...

No, I have a feeling the US are cornered on this one...

EDIT: Mastashake , you know exactly what hes talking about - stop being hypocrite and dont play that over used racism card... if really don't know what he meant, then your brains are off.
edit on 6-11-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The thing is, by thier warmongering, the Israeli government system has proven that, just like its counterparts in the surrounding Arab states, it has no business being in power. It has proven that it cannot be proportionate, even handed, or compassionate to non combatants in contested areas. It has proven by occupying land it has no legal right to, that it is incapable of remaining within the accepted boundaries of its influence, as recognised by international law. It has proven that it is incapable of acting within the international law applied by the UN, by setting up blockades of civillian areas.

It refuses to use its significant resources of technology to prevent rockets passing over its borders, because it prefers to have a handy excuse to occasionally shell a Palestinian school, or a residential neighborhood. It refuses to use methods of fighting the real threats that are ranged against it, and have, for no reason that makes sense what so ever, decided that rather than sniping combatants, and using surgical and precise methods of taking out its enemies, that it would rather use white phosphor, prefers to use massive explosive shells, and potentially kill Palestinians by the tens of thousands, rather than effectively battle the real enemy.

Meanwhile Israel KNOWS that the methods they HAVE selected to use, are going to cause a rise, not fall, in terrorist recruitment, and how could it be otherwise? When a child sees his family vapourised in a missile strike, or his school friends obliterated by tank shelling, what recourse does he have? He knows even at a young age that justice is dead, that he has no legal ability to bring anyone to book for that. Why shouldnt he pick up an AK and make war on those who killed his family and friends? Why not?

By putting Gaza in the position in which it currently is, Israel is deliberately nurturing its future excuse for mass murder and illegal occupation of territory to which it can lay no realistic claim. It is so obvious, and yet nothing is ever really done to prevent it. They run over protestors in JCBs and no one is ever bought to book. They kill humanitarians on an Aid mission, and call the victims terrorists in order to justify it, and butcher the innocent claiming that because there MAY have been a terrorist at the site where the bomb landed, that the deaths were unfortunate but necessary.

There has not been such a violent regime, such a psychopathic system of government since the mid ninteen hundreds, and the last time we had such a thing it was in Germany, and was responsible for the deaths of huge numbers of civillians, and soldiers, not to mention millions of Jews. I find the comparisions (which are obvious when looking at this thing impartially) suprising, and horrifying.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

its was directed at netanyahu he likes to poke the hornets nest to often. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has made it clear what he will do if this happens many times and i dont see anything wrong with what iran is doing, i dont want to see it happen but the singular moment is coming closer every minute.
but after saying that i still think all this badgering is all for the media!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CONEDESTROYA

I agree with you. I think that the Israeli leader is far too fond of the sound of his own quotes, as is the leader of Iran. I almost feel that the only solution would be to abduct both gentlemen, and leave them locked in a cage together for a few months. They are politicians, so they are unlikely to show there mettle by killing one another, and if they did, you could televise it to the residents of both nations with the subtitle "this is what you get for promoting war, and denying peace".

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Shut your pie hole and do it already bibi.
I Bet you wont.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
with obama's win, is it the start of world war 3.

he's got nothing to lose and keeps his cards very close to his chest.

the future is uncertain, but isn't that what he promised.

it's your choice that determines the future, and not ride along with your candidates.

freedom back to the people, responsibility back to the people.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

"What is this talk about us being the ones to decide alone about our fate and not take anyone else into account?” said Olmert. “Someone please explain to me exactly with what planes we’ll attack if we decide to attack alone contrary to the opinion of others? Will it be aircraft we created here? With which bombs we will bomb? With bombs we made? And if we find that we are missing something, who will we ask for it? Those in the face of whom we spit today? The one that we have done everything to ensure that he will not be president of the United States?

That last line strike anyone as just a little curious?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join