It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army Rebellion.. Today, We March on Parliament!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Im from the US and i with you my british brothers from over seas!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
According to BBC news the lads in the march got what they wanted, I seen it on tv so haven't got a link. All's I can say is well done

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is impressive, but battle-hardened or not, a poorly equipped force of this nature, in this day and age, could not actually stand at arms with too many government sanctioned military, anywhere in the developed world. Technology has simply advanced too far for illustrious victories over oppression by a smaller force, as we have seen throughout history.

But the main factor would be how many are left to run the military, lol? Of course if there is no one to operate the high tech equipment, the war will be short lived...But in my personal opinion there will always be those who, at the very least, can be bought to serve the interests of tyranny. And for the right price, anyone can assemble quite a sizable force of well trained infantry...But it will cost them quite a bit.

But anyway, I like what I see you guys doing, as it is more than is being done in America. So I applaud you, and if I were still in the military I would salute you as well, lol. I hate to be pessimistic, but it really does pay to be realistic in any situation. Except creative writing.

CX

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nice one lads.

MPs have backed a motion calling for the government to reconsider its decision to axe the Second Battalion, the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (2RRF).

A Commons motion by MP John Baron asking for the cut to be reversed was supported by 57 votes to three.

Earlier, more than 400 regiment veterans marched along Whitehall in protest at the axing of the battalion.

MPs urge battalion cut re-think

Conservative MP John Baron, who served in the regiment himself, told the Commons after the march as many veterans looked on from the public gallery: "The government is wrong. Military logic and not political calculation should determine Army cuts.

Would have liked to have seen that lol....no pressure.

CX.
edit on 18/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

So mission accomplished? The cut ain't gonna happen, which is good. But the gentleman squaddy that posted still has to fight in the places that he said that he and his brothers didn't want to. Where is the victory? What is the agenda? An end to the fight that they disagree with? An end to fighting? A new order where the wrongs of the last twelve years are actually debated?

Fair play squaddy. But what are you after, really?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

CHEERS!

CX

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazernation
reply to post by CX

So mission accomplished? The cut ain't gonna happen, which is good.

I wouldn't get your hopes up yet...they voted in favour of reconsidering the cuts.

In other words, they'll have another think about it.

As it stands, these lads are still for the chop unless they decide otherwise in the next discussion.

CX.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
For the second time in the British Army's 300 year history, we are marching on the streets of our capital to the very gates of parliament..

Veterans and serving soldiers alike are marching not only to save our illustrious historical regiments, but to throw our collective shoes at David Camerons government..

This move is not to be chuckled at.. A strong force of trained infantrymen.. Battle hardened and tested soldiers are now heading to the capitol, defying orders and in direct opposition to this countries government..

Last night we were attacked via facebook and other social media pages that the organisers have used to synchronise efforts.. They had blocked the pages, removed posts et al.. But we are already organised and on route..

Strange days we live in hey?
edit on 18-10-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!

I'm w/ you guys 100% and will spread it around in 'ye ol' Social Networks here in the States.

I've been saying for years that the best way to end the wars if for the Admirals to just turn all of those carriers around and bring 'em back.

So what if Washington doesn't "approve"...f^ck 'em.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

God Bless you all, From me and my Family we thank you all again x

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's just been on the TV that a vote by MP's was taken today on the regiment being cut by Cameron, Cameron lost the vote in the house this vafternoon vote was 57 to 11 not to cut forces won. Then at 14.00 today Cameron said he will take no notice of the vote, cuts will still go ahead, hey up this is the fool who went into Libya to install democracy for it's people, the fool don'n't know what Democracy means, he is a twerp.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Out of over 600 MP's, that was a disappointing turnout for the debate and to be honest, it was never going to be binding. It was just a motion calling for the Government to reconsider.

They did.

And said no.

Personally, I think it's time for the Army to get rid of Parliament. We, the people, have neither the power or the strength of will. All it will take is for some to take a stand though and the rest should follow. I just wish we had that coup that was in the works during the 70's.. If the brass thought about it then, you can be sure they can think about it now.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Take your guns and sort out Parliament once and for all, remind them they serve us the British people.
Oh and I hope it turns out for you guys, it is disgusting how you are treated.
I tip my hat off to you and your pals for being an alot braver than me. Good luck dude

They got rid of guns awhile back....so they are going to haqve to use rocks or spit balls...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Rebellion is a strong word to use when you are not planning to overthrow anything.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This move is not to be chuckled at.. A strong force of trained infantrymen.. Battle hardened and tested soldiers are now heading to the capitol, defying orders and in direct opposition to this countries government.

I don't understand. Are you protesting because your Gov't is basically downsizing the troops and you will no longer be in uniform, or because these wars are unjust and you are rebelling against that?

To me it sounds like you are marching against 'Parliment' because well, because you will become [or are already. ex-military]. So, you think you have been lied to for the last ten yrs, but angry because you can no longer be a part of that group any longer..

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I did not read all the threads...But Maybe us Americans could learn something from this!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Good luck to you guys

Maybe our troops should learn a thing or two from the Brits.

S&F'd

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What a load of rubbish.

the British army has "downsized" - removed regiments, merged battalions, etc. - ever since it was formed.

this is a bunch of idiots with gradiose ideas that whether a particular infantry battalion can trace its "ancestry" back 2-300 years is actually an important issue!!

Yawn

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
What a load of rubbish.

the British army has "downsized" - removed regiments, merged battalions, etc. - ever since it was formed.

this is a bunch of idiots with gradiose ideas that whether a particular infantry battalion can trace its "ancestry" back 2-300 years is actually an important issue!!

Yawn

Brave words from someone hiding behind the saftey of the internet!!

Still, used to you trolling all over threads.

Regards

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
GO FOR IT - and while you're there - remind them you're not fighting any more wars for other people than your own - when and if you're ever attacked!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
What a load of rubbish.

Yawn

Brave words from someone hiding behind the saftey of the internet!!

Still, used to you trolling all over threads.

Regards

I served my time in the New Zealand Army which has afiliations to many of those regiments, my best friend at the time was 6th in his class at Sandhurst and served in the NATO trigger brigade.

Your "regards" are fatuous.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join