It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army Rebellion.. Today, We March on Parliament!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Will the princes be attending or do they need permission to pull away from grandma's breast for a few hours?????
edit on 19/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So the UK Government is planning to disband the 2 RRF. For those of you unfamiliar with the British and Commonwealth army unit designations, 2 RRF does not refer to the 2nd Regiment of the Royal Fusiliers but rather to the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.

The UK Government is disbanding one of the two Regular Force battalions that make up the Regiment, not the Regiment itself.

The RRF was formed in 1968 when four older regiments were amalgamated into one consisting of four battalions. I'm sure the members of the four original regiments were upset with the retirement of their names, even if the RRF carried on their traditions. Two of the battalions have been disbanded since that amalgamation and now they are disbanding a third.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by ciscoagent

Do you realize this is a hoax and you typed all that?

Was not a hoax

We marched yesterday muppet.

I just got back!

We are going in again in a few weeks

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
We won the first round in Parliament.. 57 for us and 3 against..

Our presence there was a real smack in the face..

This action has emboldened other units to come to the next one..

Its growing..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

Correct to a point..

There are also plans to disband the first battalion too in a few years.. So basically destroying a 300 year old regiment..

To be replaced by private military companies.. Mercenaries..

Who would you rather have watching your back?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Correct to a point..

There are also plans to disband the first battalion too in a few years.. So basically destroying a 300 year old regiment..

And instead you want o retain that regiment, and disband thr Royal Scots - a Regiment that goes back even further.

Give us a break!!

Not lying scum like you - that is for sure!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Correct to a point..

Well i wouldn't want mercs watching my back... because their eyes follow dollar signs, or in your case pound notes.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I can't think of any words to go with this.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
So you marched for this?

North East veterans march for pride and to save Fusiliers

Its a start, and good for you that it worked, but there is much larger issues to march for...

Anyway, nice to see how people can make a difference.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Lying scum...

Please point out where I lied mofo

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

So you marched for this?

North East veterans march for pride and to save Fusiliers

Its a start, and good for you that it worked, but there is much larger issues to march for...

Anyway, nice to see how people can make a difference.

Yes there is.. Like our forces being replaced by PMO's.. Our police the same.. Our NHS by private companies too.. The next one will address these.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

A defence minister allegedly tried to have dozens of veterans thrown out of the Commons for opposing his plan to axe their historic battalion. Parliamentary sources said Andrew Robathan demanded the men of the 2nd Battalion Royal Regiment of Fusiliers be ejected from the public gallery for making too much noise during a heated debate over the unit’s future. The request was denied by Commons deputy speaker Lindsay Hoyle who told the Tory armed forces minister to calm down and continue with the debate, in which the Government later lost a key vote. Mr Robathan’s extraordinary intervention provoked an angry backlash last night. Joe Eastwood, a former captain in the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers who served for 30 years and was mentioned in dispatches, said he was dismayed the minister had wanted the soldiers silenced. ‘We’re told the reason for us being in Iraq and Afghanistan is to help them lead a democratic life like us,’ said the 75 year old. ‘But who would want a democracy like ours, if when we go to watch a parliamentary debate we’re threatened with being chucked out. ‘Our supporters in parliament were ordinary chaps from London, Manchester, Birmingham and Newcastle who were simply showing their support for their brothers in arms facing the chop.’ Retired Colonel Brian Gorski, who served for 30 years, insisted the fusiliers had behaved impeccably in the public gallery. ‘I would be thoroughly disappointed if this attempt to have fusiliers thrown out of the public gallery happened, because I believe that they behaved impeccable whilst in the public gallery,’ he said.

DailyMail.Co.UK

To the person who accused me of lying.. Up yours mate!

You are just like those who tried to shut us up in parliament..

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Lying scum...

Please point out where I lied mofo

With pleasure:

You wrote:

Veterans and serving soldiers alike are marching not only to save our illustrious historical regiments, but to throw our collective shoes at David Camerons government..

But in actual fact you marched to save your own BATTALION, and at the expense of disbanding a different battalion of the Royal Scots -

The Fusiliers claim Mr Cameron forced through the disbandment of 2RRF to save the Royal Regiment of Scotland because he feared cutting soldiers north of the border would boost nationalists in an independence referendum due in 2014.

This is petty regimental politics - once upon a time the Regimental System was considered a strength of the army - clearly now it is a pox on the lot of you!
edit on 20-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Total crap... Its a lot more than that.. I would be sad to lose the Scots too.. I was totally gutted when the superb Black Watch got binned :-(

Its not just about us, but all of us.. All of that history consigned to the bin.. All of that bloid and comradeship gone forever.. To be replaced by foreign mercs...

We are in it together.. Other regiments are getting in on it now too thanks to us leading the way..

Some may indeed play politics.. But the truth of it is that English regiments are indeed bearing the brunt of these cuts as a move by Camoron to appease the Jocks in their comming referendum.. We are making our stand.. There is no reason at all that any unit be disbanded considering the monumental waste of the MoD and the fact that this world gets more dangerous by the day..

Nobody is lying here mate.. We are working towards a goal for us all..

Not in hundreds of years have the armed forces carried out an action like this against the government..

Unprecidented stuff

edit on 20-10-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Our Past governments Disbanded the Cameronian Scottish rifles in the sixties, of which i was a member in Territorial form in the 80's..my uncles and grandparents were in this fine regiment in WW2 and the Middle east and in the jungles of Malaysia were they fought a few campaigns...

regiments die, Fact...And If it can happen to a regiment like the "Poisoned Dwarfs" it can happen to any other Regiment.... Move on Soldier or move out.

www.cameronians.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Every one of those soldiers who marched should be charged with insubordination. There is a good reason why this should not happen. You are all a disgrace.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stevie777
Our Past governments Disbanded the Cameronian Scottish rifles in the sixties, of which i was a member in Territorial form in the 80's..my uncles and grandparents were in this fine regiment in WW2 and the Middle east and in the jungles of Malaysia were they fought a few campaigns...

regiments die, Fact...And If it can happen to a regiment like the "Poisoned Dwarfs" it can happen to any other Regiment.... Move on Soldier or move out.

www.cameronians.org...

Why?

When does it stop?

I was there when our third battalion got chopped.. Just got back from the first gulf war.. Lost many guys in a blue on blue with the Yanks.. Was handed P45's on return.. Same is happening again.. The battalion is off to Afghanistan soon.. On return P45's will be handed out with medals.. Again..

Same thing happening too other regiments and corps too.. Also there are troops who are being slung out months before they qualify for full pensions! F##king disgracefull how this government is treating us as a whole!

We have had enough!

Why should we keep bending over for these scumbags? Who will speak up for us if we dont?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Every one of those soldiers who marched should be charged with insubordination. There is a good reason why this should not happen. You are all a disgrace.

Why?

We swore loyalty to the queen and country.. Not to the government!

Charge us.. The government betrayed us first.. Suck up our response

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Evan..
if our government said to your regiment tomorrow to man the barricades in the UK and shoot anyone who crossed the line, your regiment would follow orders and fire on it's own people....Fact.

I'm older and wiser now and thank god i didn't sign up full time in the 80's...
when you take the queens shilling, you are her "Dogs of War" and you will do this governments bidding at their request, whenever and wherever and without question...

I feel your pain at losing your regiments History, but i the grand scale of things, a wee walk down to Parliament square means nothing...still waiting on the shoe throwing action BTW.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Why?

We swore loyalty to the queen and country.. Not to the government!

Charge us.. The government betrayed us first.. Suck up our response

Yes you swore allegience to the Queen and the Queen delegated her responsibility to the government. When you join the Army you join knowing that you have to follow your orders to a tee and the only time you don't is when it is an illigal order, this is not an illigal order. If you have displeasures towards the way the military is run, then you have your right to vote to protest. Talk of marches on parliment and strikes ect ect is just subordination and you get no sympathy from me for taking this route. Whats next? You refusing to go help you r oppo out because you might get shot at helping him, this is a slippery slope to ill discipline and slipping standards.

Like I say, I stand by what I said and you should all be charged. I am an ex-serviceman btw.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join