It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army Rebellion.. Today, We March on Parliament!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Too bad the Americans didn't have the same degree of cahoonas..

I've witnessed and been a part of several protests against job loss. Many people have, and this one is no different simply because those protesting are in the military

Even worse if you think about it; The OP says that his bosses have been lying to him for over ten yrs., and yet..he's protesting the job loss.. protesting the fact that he can't do something he himself thinks is wrong or immoral [the lies]. This isn't a moral issue for these protestors, it's worry about job loss, and makes me wonder if our own military would work against us if that's what it took to keep them working. Just thinking.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I don't blame you and its good to see a march by people who truly are affected by these cut backs, I can't stand Union marches within the public sector! All those unions are Commie run and they don't care about any of their members, not one, its about making a buck out of other people's misery.

The PCS, which is what I am apart of and most people, at least in the Police, are apart of, are totally trash! For an example, when in a meeting with the gov, HR, other Senior officers etc about shift changes and a few other changes, the PCS bloke sat there in front of everyone and said yeah I reckon its a good deal, who the f**k does that in the middle of a meeting? I almost knocked him out afterwards, absolutely unreal! Thats just one example of the PCS being absolute trash! Also, alot of these unions will make decisions without the backing or even consultation with their members.

Anyway, that's enough about my rant with union scum!

Bottom line is, I sure wish the old bill would grow some and strike. Unfortunately, most are like me, family, bills to pay and used to being smashed by internal politics and bureaucracy.

Well done to the soldiers on this march, to cut back on the army and yet still get involved in wars across the planet seems in total contradiction. If there was no delpoyment of soldiers, then I could understand it, but while soldiers are being used, may be this government should think about a)Whether to engage in a war in the first place b)Cut back on the 8 billion in foreign aid (British territories aside)! c)Close the doors to this already overcrowded dump! There you go, multi billion saving strategy without any cut backs that involve wrecking working British men/women/familes!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I hope the Yomp went well lads.

Good luck to you all

An ex pat and ex squaddie.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The Awoken.
They will not simply 'hand' you the keys to their false kingdom.
They must be 'taken' back.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
So if a march of 300 strong can march on parliament to make them reconsider a decision , why arent you guys just marching over there to take the place back for the people !

It makes sense right !

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
and what is your biggest issue with how things are in your country?

just curious.

Army at war over axing of battalions

Ministry of Defence plans to scrap historic battalions are unfair on troops, undermine the Army and could threaten future operations, the commander of one of Britain’s most decorated regiments has warned.

I would think this probably has something to do with it... Telegraph

So the army isn't even marching to save the people... it's down to totally selfish reasons and to support the continuation of waging war on countries who didn't ask for help or to be attacked...

To be honest, I hope you fail as hard as OWS unfortunately has.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
So if a march of 300 strong can march on parliament to make them reconsider a decision , why arent you guys just marching over there to take the place back for the people !

It makes sense right !

No - like most conspiracies it is a fantasy - on several levels - that "the army" is marching, that the decision will be reconsidered, or that anyone other than a few nutjobs thinks that parliament needs taking "back".

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
hey right before you kick somebody say THIS IS ENGLAND! you know sun tzu? hit and run?

"let your plans be as dark as night then strike like a thunderbolt"

-sun tzu-

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
They want a one wprld government and therefore need a one world army made up from diffrent countries. That way they can clamp down on locals using foreign troops.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I can't find ANYTHING on this in lame stream media

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Good luck. I saw a piece on television last night and understand the emotions that run high at the government's decisions. The Ministry of Defence is 'not fit for purpose' - it doesn't know how to spend money wisely when procuring equipment. As a result, the armed services are having to bear cuts in equipment and manpower which which reduce them to levels at which it would be virtually impossible to defend the Realm. This may indeed be the long-term intention as part of the European Project. When, as predicated in the Lisbon Treaty, all the armed services of the European Union are amalgamated, we as a nation-state, will have ceased to exist for practical purposes and will simply be a collection of regional administrative areas, centrally managed and directed from Brussels by an even-larger army of Eurocrats.
It's not my preferred vision for the country that my grand-children will inherit.
Admittedly, we are a small nation that has punched above its weight ever since the end of World War II, and suffered economically because of the self-imposed burden of being one of the world's policmen. Arguably, however, we need to retain a fully-functioning national defence capability that deters any potential aggressor. In this context, we should consider that the European Union itself might act against us in the future, much as the Northern States of the USA acted against the Southern States in the American Civil War, to 'protect the Union.' For the next dozen or so years, our nation will be severely deficient in its capabilities in key areas of defence and the government should hang its collective head in shame for its behaviours in this regard.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

How is this any different from the last thread you did?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19/10/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Good luck Evan!

Nice to see the nations armed forces stand up for what they believe, for their fellow troops and countrymen, not for a government in power...would be nice to see our boys do something similar to let Obama know how they feel for some of his policies and treatment of them.

Though I'm in the U.S., thank you for serving, our troops work closely together, your guys efforts and sacrifices are appreciated.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Another 'march on parliament thread'? These hoaxes are getting boring EvanB.

Although I see people keep falling for it and are giving you stars & flags.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-10-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ciscoagent

Do you realize this is a hoax and you typed all that?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

All part of the americanization of Briton,I see the ranks of the marines are rapidly expanding.No doubt we will soon be killing wedding parties with our very own drones and lying about the amount of gold we have,"I love the smell of bull# in the morning,smells like failure.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
well its Friday, no news, no updates??

Evan are you even a veteren? Or an internet hawk look for attention and sympathy? There are millions who count on your word here, these types of things can cause a revolution if the right people take notice and join the walk.. influencial to other militiaries world wide.. like I said a page ago, I hope this isnt all talk brother.

Hope to hear something soon, as you did post this same story and rant a few months ago with no conclusion, dont disapoint again or people wont take you so seriously, let alone Cameron...

Goodluck..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This illustrates that there is always a human element to Defense spending cuts (or Defence, if you are across the pond). Even if these cuts do't directly impact servicemen, cuts in spending with defense contractors mean equates to a loss of jobs in the private sector.

How do we reach a happy medium? Pro-defense politicians never want defense spending cuts, and they use the same scare tactics every time "this threatens our ability to protect our citizens".

Western countries have some very serious decisions to make over the next few years. We've all apparently been kicking the can down the road for far too long and are already borrowing heavily from China. Cuts will have to be made both domestically and in defense spending. It's a reality we all need to face.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
Awesome! I'd be very interested to see how it goes, and how many people are involved...of course, the media won't talk about it, so yea...hopefully some streaming online feed. That's the only way you can hear about important events that aren't approved by the establishment.

Why don't you guys march on the media. Those are the cockroaches keeping the powers against you in business. Over here in America, I'd like to see people horde against NBC, CBS,ABC, MSNBC and go in their houses and pull them out at night with torches and tar and feather them like we use to.
The media will receive the greater damnation in the judgement to come.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl
Good luck Evan!

Nice to see the nations armed forces stand up for what they believe, for their fellow troops and countrymen, ..

You should try reading what they "stand up for" - they are standing up to have a different regiment disbanded instead of them!! Standing up for "their fellow troops"?? Not likely!!
Standing up for their countrymen?? Couldn't care k
less!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join