It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army Rebellion.. Today, We March on Parliament!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
For the second time in the British Army's 300 year history, we are marching on the streets of our capital to the very gates of parliament..

Veterans and serving soldiers alike are marching not only to save our illustrious historical regiments, but to throw our collective shoes at David Camerons government..

This move is not to be chuckled at.. A strong force of trained infantrymen.. Battle hardened and tested soldiers are now heading to the capitol, defying orders and in direct opposition to this countries government..

Last night we were attacked via facebook and other social media pages that the organisers have used to synchronise efforts.. They had blocked the pages, removed posts et al.. But we are already organised and on route..

Strange days we live in hey?
edit on 18-10-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
and what is your biggest issue with how things are in your country?

just curious.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Take your guns and sort out Parliament once and for all, remind them they serve us the British people.
Oh and I hope it turns out for you guys, it is disgusting how you are treated.
I tip my hat off to you and your pals for being an alot braver than me. Good luck dude

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
and what is your biggest issue with how things are in your country?

just curious.

Army at war over axing of battalions

Ministry of Defence plans to scrap historic battalions are unfair on troops, undermine the Army and could threaten future operations, the commander of one of Britain’s most decorated regiments has warned.

I would think this probably has something to do with it... Telegraph

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
During the depression the Navy went on strike which was a major factor in why Britain had to come off the Gold Standard (the Invergordon Mutiny) it just shows what you guys in the Services can do, and the power you really do hold, am hoping you achieve your aims with minimal fuss, good luck.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Don't forget where the thin red line comes from....now I forgot what I was about to say..Oh yeah,happy Marching.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I would love to see more of this and I applaud your people for having the courage. You say defying orders? Now that would be what I call a statement. They've been known to go as far as bad conduct discharges for that here. I've always heard it said the British Army is far harder on discipline than our side is....so what is the penalty?

Also, I found the BBC London Traffic cam site. London Traffic Cams. Are any of those located where we can all watch anything happening? I noticed the BBC - London edition isn't saying a word....but that sure isn't shocking.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm amazed that no one opined on how much the Defense of their Nation costs.

Personally, I'm for spending every penny of it on the troops.

Good luck guys! Maybe it's the start of a Soldier Spring?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
wow, this is a huge event. Again, if not for ATS, I would not even hear about it until it was mistakenly written in a page of history years later.

be safe.

CX

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well i wish you well in whatever goes down today Evan.

There are so many mixed messages regarding what is exactly going to happen today, much of which i tend to think his a tad too much bravado and movie style dramatics if i'm honest.

Even battle hardened soldiers will not be armed today, nor will there be any threats of any kind towards parliament. I doubt many will even be in uniform, when push comes to shove, i've seen the threat of the MCTC at Colchester put off even the hardest guy.

If you really do "March on parliament" and give them something to worry about, i'll be impressed and surprised.

If it turns out to be like the more probable, "Meet near parliament, do as you're told and support the debate about the troop cuts", again, i still take my hat off to you all. A show of numbers will at least make it to the news. It will still be more than many nations troops would do.

CX.

edit on 18/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hopefully this will get some media attention. Not really heard anything about it on any of the radio stations this morning. Maybe if there are enough numbers the media won't be able to ignore you. Evan you should contact the media and let them know your movements.

CX

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This was posted in another thread and on an Army site...i am presuming it is the "official" plans.....not what the soldiers have planned...so i'll be watching Sky News between 9:30 onwards.....

Update Please pass this information on to anyone who you think will need to know.

Where & When:

09.30 Those taking part are asked to be at Richmond Terrace (off Whitehall).
09.50 Address by Brig Minter 10.00 March to Old Palace Yard, Houses of Parliament
10.15 Form hollow square, and photos.
10.30 Address by Col Gorski and John Barron MP
10.35 Move to House of Commons
11.15 Scheduled tim for Debate in House
12.15 Disperse Dress: Collar & Tie (Regimental preferably), with jacket/suit/blazer Beret & Hackle (Red & White)

Dress appropriately for the weather.

To avoid any possible risk of disciplinary action and accusations of disloyalty, serving members of the Regular Army, Territorial Army, and Cadets are not to participate in the Parade, or attend in uniform.

Much of the Press comment so far has lacked a degree of accuracy. We are not "marching on Parliament", but we most certainly are gathering to show our support to the Parliamentary process, where a debate is to take place about the future of 2RRF.

CX.
edit on 18/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If your going there m8 then wait till bonfire night and join operation jubilee. We will need you then to help us clean up the govt. You are for the people? Or will you help the govt to supress us, the people? If you are going to do some thing then lets have it done right. Did`nt you lot march to London a few months ago? Do it with the people this time and we will back you 100%

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thanks guys..

This was actually reported in the Daily Mail on Sunday, however was very quickly sidelined..

As a move, this is unprecidented, historical and VERY damaging to the government..

We have had to employ a lot of operational sercurity for our own protection and the general public in terms of safety, public order and possible risk of terrorism..

However as messages goes.. This is HUGE..

We will be forming up at the Cenotaph at 1030hrs where we will be honouring our dead.. Then we will march as four guards to downing street to deliver our shoes at the door..

Then, as units, we will be marching to parliament.. Straight to the public gallery for the commons debate.. They think it will just be a few officers lol.. Try hundreds of battle hardened troops!

If you are in London today and see our colours marching.. Please show support for those that support YOU..

We did NOT swear allegience to any government.. But to YOU and the queen..

After over a decade of war over lies.. We have had enough..

CX

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
A question Evan.....is the 2RRF official site forum usually out of action, or is this a planned thing?

Says you can't even connect to the server.

CX.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hope to see some of your boys at the demo on saturday, good to see the Armed Forces taking a stand aswell. Maybe the army can join forces with the protesters if the police get batton happy. Help lead the way right into parliament and help any occupation of it. (that would make my day/life)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Smoke and mirrors ;-)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Take your guns and sort out Parliament once and for all, remind them they serve us the British people.
Oh and I hope it turns out for you guys, it is disgusting how you are treated.
I tip my hat off to you and your pals for being an alot braver than me. Good luck dude

i agree totally with that mate

on a side note are you still in touch with pigsy and sandy

your avatar brings back my youth cool

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

We have had cyber attacks over the last 24 hrs.. Even on facebook posts have been removed and forums deleted..

Big brother is most definitely watching! And worried!

However luckily for us, we know how to adapt and overcome

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Good luck
Its a disgrace how our boys/heros are treated

my uncle ronnie waters was killed in action i think hes buried in stella belgium

he was only 17 BRAVE SOULS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join