It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins; Update: Deleted tweets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by TDawgRex

Same reason I didn't go to the polls four years ago, threats of Obama (Black Panthers) supporters beating up people at the polls if they were to give their vote to the other candidate. This is wrong it is mob rule and I won't be going out of the house for three weeks if he don't make the Presidancy for fear of being mauled. I guess I better send for my absentee ballot.
edit on 9-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: left out a word

Are you kidding? I hope you are kidding.

I feel so sad for our country if people really think like you do.

Can you tell me how many people were beaten at the polls in 2008?

I am female and soaking wet weighed 97 lbs at the last vote. Okay, so yes I wouldn't go out and vote (Living in a predominately black area of the nation, who the heck knows if they were members of the black panthers?) I'm sorry but they don't let you have mace here or tazers and even if you have a permit no guns at the polls here. So yea I stayed home and did absentee vote for McCain. Safer for me.
edit on 9-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So a bunch of idiots on Twitter is now "evidence" that the entire Democratic voting public are going to riot?

What, we don't even get a YouTube video of someone spouting their opinion these days? All it takes is a few Tweets?

Come on guys, get some freakin' perspective. I know you hate Obama with a passion, and you think Romney is awesome - even though he STILL hasn't told anyone how he plans to do the impossible and fix the country, just that he'll somehow do it - a few Tweets is not indicative of anything.

Deny ignorance - don't embrace it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Miss the riots under the current dude?

You know that movement named OWS?

There will be riots as OWS 3.0 swings back about.

There is no doubt.
edit on 9-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Americans need to read a dictionary once in a while, and work out the difference between a riot and protest, or civil disobedience. Calling OWS a riot is like calling a Tea Party protest a Nazi Rally.

Edited to add...

The London riots last year were actual riots. The Poll Tax riots in London in the 1980's were actual genuine riots. The people throwing petrol bombs in Athens is a riot.

Americans don't riot, they protest and then get beaten into a pulp by thugs in uniform, then the political opposition try to call it a riot to bolster their own party.
edit on 9-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
reply to post by Phoenix

"As far as martial law is concerned there is no way the feds could do it on a national basis, maybe some localized urban areas, not possible elsewhere."

Forgive my ignorance on this subject, but why isn't this possible? Isn't there a standing martial law order that was signed the very day the president took the oath?

Anything can be written or promulgated as law, actually carrying out such a plan would require disarmament of the civilian population which is not a practical numbers game here in this country. Or lets look another way, how many total LE types nationally vs US population? Lock down some urban centers, close interstate transportation, shutdown internet - yeah.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

It's simple fear mongering.

We already have one example of a person here scared that black people will attack her if she goes to vote. Absolutely no evidence to back that up, but this is what fear mongering does.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The idiots on twitter tweeting all this riot nonsense are not going to even be voting. Any sensible person that votes has none of this rioting crap on their minds. I am truly ashamed at how alot, not all, or even most, of urban black youth carry themselves, and I want to state for the record that these moronic, young IDIOTS are not a representation of black people. The POTUS hasn't really done anything to help anyone IN NEED, and these cretins talk of riots. They ought to be pissed about young black males eradicating each other, and shunning an education. They ought to be pissed about the declination of rights in this country, but nooo, let's riot over this guy losing just because he's black. I'm at my wit's end concerning this kind of sh!+, and this is coming from a black man. But, this is what a low socioeconomic environment produces.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Thank you. I appreciate your response and I do agree that it would be hard to enforce martial law for the same reasons but on the other hand, I don't put anything past the government.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

You welcome! yes I agree an attempt is possible and I can see government controlled media making appearances that all is under control but believe reality would be far different on the ground - just not enough numbers to do the job - anything heavy handed enough to maintain control will only stoke the fires.

Admiral Yamamoto warned his government about waking the sleeping giant prior to the Pearl Harbor attack and said "we only have six months to win" the rest is history and we know how that turned out. I say the same holds true for the general population if pushed far enough by the federal government. As it stands most are shrugging off any inclination and saying "its not my problem and does not affect my daily life" change that and everything finds a new reality.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Riots? Riots? Don't think it's anything to worry about, but I will be checking my mail for my invitation to the "Riot".
Wouldn't want to miss it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So I guess the question is will there be riots if obama loses? Or are these tweets from a bunch of children just blowing off steam?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
So a bunch of idiots on Twitter is now "evidence" that the entire Democratic voting public are going to riot?

What, we don't even get a YouTube video of someone spouting their opinion these days? All it takes is a few Tweets?

...- a few Tweets is not indicative of anything.
Deny ignorance - don't embrace it.

Your ideology blinds you to simple facrs.

Twitter and cells have started "flash mobs" and "flash robs" across the country. If you'd been paying attention instead of posting fairy tales of Obmaland, you'd have ssen the news, forums, blogs, and my cites to these events here on ATS.

Americans need to read a dictionary once in a while, and work out the difference between a riot and protest, or civil disobedience. Calling OWS a riot is like calling a Tea Party protest a Nazi Rally.

Once again, you've established your obliviousness and sycophancy.
Did you not see OWS Oakland riots destroy storefronts and private property? Google those 3 little words and see the truth and your lack of credibility.

Americans don't riot, they protest and then get beaten into a pulp by thugs in uniform, then the political opposition try to call it a riot to bolster their own party.

Since you are unable to think for yourself, or only selectively recall history, look up Watts, Detroit, NYC, Cincinnati, Chicago, Newark, and Los Angeles together with the word "riot." You might want to get a good look at the people and neighborhoods involved as well.

You want to see what is happening right now?
Look here:
www.youtube.com...

Deny ignorance.

jw
edit on 9-10-2012 by jdub297 because: add url

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
www.westernjournalism.com...

Hmm.... This election is going to be a nail biter...

Thomas Sowell claims there will be riots if obama loses.
edit on 9-10-2012 by shadwgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Whether or not violence occurs seems to be up to how media plays things leading into the election, if the meme is kept up that Obama is even or ahead in the polls and continued downplaying of scandel after scandel keeps happening then its kind of easy to see how an ill-informed segment of the population could go nutter if he loses.

Of course another self immolation in a debate may change things for a fickle media once they read which way wind is blowing - seeing some cracks already.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Conservatives being ruled by fear as usual. Why do you fall for scare tactics over and over again? Isn't it time to rise over the fight or flight reptilian brain yet? Why do you tend to rely on such basic, primitive behavior? Is it something in the water? Stop being terrified ALL of the time! Seriously.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Are you serious? It's not being ruled by fear when people are threatening to do something and others are commenting on it. Also, it's not conservative fear mongering...if anything I would say it's young people threatening to throw a supersized tantrum if they don't get their way.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

There's a big difference between being scared, and being aware and prepared.
You wouldn't get it, but you will.

Some saw this coming in 2008.

jw

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Deleted tweets

If these tweets were deleted, how did this pro-Romney webpage find them? They couldn't possibly have made it all up, could they?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It's my understanding that only some of these tweets were deleted. Also, even if they were deleted, they were there originally and someone somewhere saw them. Once it's on the internet it can't be erased.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I fully expect to riots of some degree if the OBAMANATION loses the election which will most likely happen. 10% of those whom Romney identified correctly in his 47% remarks will take to the streets and destroy their very own neighborhoods. I expect the New Black Panthers to incite the crowds and cause chaos as the black man has been cheated again. Sad but true, buying more ammo and securing the home for a rough week following the 4th. this will make rodney king look like a brawl at the basketball court.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

It's my understanding that only some of these tweets were deleted. Also, even if they were deleted, they were there originally and someone somewhere saw them. Once it's on the internet it can't be erased.

Which is too bad for Todd Kincannon, who seems to be the source for this story:

www.theblaze.com...

twitter.com...

www.dailykos.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join