It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins; Update: Deleted tweets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Honest question, then.

Are YOU worried, if Obama wins?

I'm not worried if either of them win. I support Obama and want him to win, but I'm not worried about much if either of them win.

I don't think there will be riots if Romney wins, and I don't think there will be a revolution if Romney wins.

I don't buy into the fear mongering that goes on, but I will call out hypocrisy in those that try to hype up fear mongering on one side and dismiss the exact same thing going on in the other side.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Same reason I didn't go to the polls four years ago, threats of Obama (Black Panthers) supporters beating up people at the polls if they were to give their vote to the other candidate. This is wrong it is mob rule and I won't be going out of the house for three weeks if he don't make the Presidancy for fear of being mauled. I guess I better send for my absentee ballot.
edit on 9-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: left out a word

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

So you are more worried about internet tough guys than elected officials?

Talk about lying to yourself.

You have official GOP members calling for Revolution and Civil War if Obama is re-elected, but you are worried about a tweet saying that some anonymous individual is going to riot, all by themselves.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Not hypocrisy at all.

Those GOP members...I have never heard of them. And since they have spouted that crap...are more than likely in their last term.

But a tweet can go nation-wide and can and has cause wide spread damage. This is a proven fact.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Miss the riots under the current dude?

You know that movement named OWS?

There will be riots as OWS 3.0 swings back about.

There is no doubt.
edit on 9-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
I remember when a lot of people said George H. W. Bush would declare martial law and put us all into camps.

I remember when a lot of people said Bill Clinton would declare martial law and put us all into camps.

I remember when a lot of people said George W. Bush would declare martial law and put us all into camps.

link   
This just shows that idiocy is alive and well.
Trying to spin it as left or right shows the same thing.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Same reason I didn't go to the polls four years ago, threats of Obama (Black Panthers) supporters beating up people at the polls if they were to give their vote to the other candidate. This is wrong it is mob rule and I won't be going out of the house for three weeks if he don't make the Presidancy for fear of being mauled. I guess I better send for my absentee ballot.

This is what I fear...The Mob Rules.

Elections based upon emotion, rather than rational thought. Being a elected official is no easy task, but it seems to me that they are trying to make it so.
edit on 9-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If the quality of the spelling and grammar is typical of the potential rioters, I'm going to suggest everyone store all their valuables in the bookshops.

They'll be safest of all in the dictionary section it seems.

Oh and Glenn Beck called this ages ago. That's the plan according to him, via the hands of spooky George Soros.
edit on 9-10-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Are you kidding? I hope you are kidding.

I feel so sad for our country if people really think like you do.

Can you tell me how many people were beaten at the polls in 2008?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Fear is a powerful motivator. It can motivate people to do or not do things.

I felt safer patrolling the towns of Iraq than I do going into East Cleveland.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

And you are helping promote that fear.

Congrats.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I prefer to think of it as exposing that fear.

Once you know what you fear...you can address it or succumb to it.

And sometimes, acknowledgeing what you fear, leads to finding the courage to address it.

edit on 9-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that if martial law is declared then there would be no exchange of power. Romney would not be able to assume the office of president.
edit on 9-10-2012 by shadwgirl because: (no reason given)

That notion has been tossed around if trouble develops before the election. Enough trouble to warrant martial law and thus suspend the election into next year or until "order" is restored.... Who knows... I don't put anything beyond them right now... The tactics being used are like none used before...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

East Cleveland!!! Ooof!! I hear you... Reminds me of a nice quiet stroll Down E.79 and Hough.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of this type talk from both sides,

I am biased leaning to the right due to original construction, simple language, constitutional beliefs.

First off at this point the election seems to be about whether we go over the cliff faster or slower, nonetheless we're going over unless drastic change happens - no matter the change it WILL disenfranchise many who have come to depend on federal largesse. Math does not lie! and math says we cannot as a country continue as we have been - anyone believing we can is fooling themselves badly or just ignorant of the facts.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I will say this too,

If Romney wins and the losers riot its going to set the progressive movement back 100 years, thats the only good of it. The rest would be a national disaster.

As far as martial law is concerned there is no way the feds could do it on a national basis, maybe some localized urban areas, not possible elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Yep...anyone who thinks that this entitlement society can sustain itself is clueless. We are regardless whether we want it not, going the way of Europe.

But I'm thinking that their way of thinking is that a World War is a way of keeping the masses happy. It ain't gonna work. Not in todays age.
edit on 9-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: Misspelling

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Oh let them riot...

Who cares, if anything the truth will reveal itself....

All I have to say is, if you riot, like a spoiled brat for not getting your way like having a temper tantrum when your mother said NO, when you asked for candy... Your an idiot...

Do not FEAR..

When Romney, passes the bill, that taxes Americans for air he will get rid of all the spoiled brats in America, dependent on the system... AKA our tax dollars....

They should be happy air is still free..

Just wait til Romney, taxes it to pay off the deficit..

edit on 9-10-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

"As far as martial law is concerned there is no way the feds could do it on a national basis, maybe some localized urban areas, not possible elsewhere."

Forgive my ignorance on this subject, but why isn't this possible? Isn't there a standing martial law order that was signed the very day the president took the oath?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is hysterical.
I am always amazed by the differences on the ATS boards. From Far Left to Far Right...

Does make me wonder if someone is deliberately stirring the pot on both sides.. just to keep things interesting.

I distinctly remember many Tea Party Right wingers running their mouths about a "revolution" if Obama won and they were carrying around their guns and insinuating revolution left and right.

but now you claim the "n*****S" are gonna riot and allowing some tweet to give voice to your racism and hatred of Obama.

I have my concerns about Obama as I don't feel he is LEFT enough...

but we have a 2 party Hegelian dialectic going on here.. the racism pot is getting stirred. I am tired of the stupidity and insinuations that there is widespread voter fraud and therefore we must have voter ID's.

Romney ain't no great thing

but quit feeding the racism on these boards.. geesh!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join