It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins; Update: Deleted tweets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
Out of curiosity, I have to ask this question. If there are riots after the election, wouldn't this be all obama needs to declare martial law and suspend the constitution? This could be good for him. He would never have to step down and could become king of America.
As strange as that sounds that's the same thought that came to my mind,
At least the martial law part.God help us these next months....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I'm just speaking generally. Neither of these "candidates", powerful as the position of POTUS could be, and powerful as some presidents have been, are powerful enough to invoke martial law.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Tolerance?

I see no tolerance.

None at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by spoonbender

..the same place the tea party went. There are more active OWS protests than tea party ones.

OWS I think is taking the same tactic that many Tea Partiers took. They are breaking up...or maybe going back to their roots? into smaller groups and trying to sway local elections and policies rather than on a National level.

Oh, there are still those who claim the mantle, but they are sell outs at a minimum.

Also, you have to admit, the Tea Party protests of 09-10 were a whole lot more peaceable than the OWS protests of 2011. But then, many are older and can't run very fast if they decide to trash things.

Back on topic, if there were riots, it'll be the Rodney King, Watts fiasco all over. Poor people burning down their own neighborhoods and businesses.

They best rethink that tactic as it is self defeating.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

Out of curiosity, I have to ask this question. If there are riots after the election, wouldn't this be all obama needs to declare martial law and suspend the constitution? This could be good for him. He would never have to step down and could become king of America.
As strange as that sounds that's the same thought that came to my mind,
At least the martial law part.God help us these next months....

If he declared martial law and refused the incoming POTUS...

Well, then he would see a REAL revolution on his hands. I don't think that the American people would stand for it, nor would Congress or the Military.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I would hope that the American people wouldn't stand for it but I do have my doubts. As a nation we have become very placid and content. Lazy is a good word for us now. A lot of the people depend on the government for financial support and will be unwilling to rock the boat. Also, didn't the government recently do a questionnaire with the military to find out who would be willing to fire on citizens? Maybe (again possible conspiracy), obama and friends are planning and encouraging this type of event to seize control of the country. Didn't obama's pal say to never let a good crisis go to waste?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins; Update: Deleted tweets

Bullying tactics from the left.

Typical.

S&F

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

For every soldier willing to fire on American citizens, there will be ten Soldiers who would take him/her down, and then a hundred and then a thousand, etc.

Of course, if there is a tense situation and someone in the crowd decides to do something stupid...well, we've all seen how that plays out.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The inner city population will be suddenly reduced. May I remind you of Homeland Security procurement of 750 million rounds of hollow point?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So you guys are crying about random people on the internet tweeting their tough guy tweets about rioting if Romney wins.

Yet, you don't seem bothered by multiple GOP offiicials calling for a revolution if Obama wins, how hypocritical of all of you.

www.politicususa.com...

but a Virginia Republican Committee newsletter has called for armed revolution if President Obama is re-elected in November.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

Lubbock County Judge Tom Head is convinced that Mr. Obama winning a second term would lead to a revolt by the American people and he’s is pushing a tax increase for the district attorney’s office and the Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office. He says the money is needed to “beef up” its resources in case President Obama wins the November election.

Or this fear mongering from well known Republican, Chuck Norris

entertainment.nbcnews.com...

Chuck Norris: America faces '1,000 years of darkness' if Obama wins re-election

There are idiots on both sides. At least the dem idiots are random twitter users, while the GOP idiots are their elected officials.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Chuck Norris never lies.

Never.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Thanks for the opposite side of the story.

But truthfully, I'm not worried about these guys. With the exception of 'ol Chuck, I've never heard of them.

But I have personally heard people here in Cleveland say that this is what they will do if Obama loses. The ironic thing is that while they say they will do this rioting is because of...wait for it....racism.

What!?

People are voting based upon the color of skin should have no right to vote at all.

Policies, policies, policies. That should be the issue.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Excellent point. Both sides are clamoring for some sort of decisive action dependent on who wins the election

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
So you guys are crying about random people on the internet tweeting their tough guy tweets about rioting if Romney wins.

Yet, you don't seem bothered by multiple GOP offiicials calling for a revolution if Obama wins, how hypocritical of all of you.

The difference being, which side has the 'inner city youths' who are prone to violent flash mob actions against others? There is plenty of video documentation of that which can't be denied- and it is ALL racially motivated. How many retaliated on the Trayvon Martin thing? Do you honestly think they'd see the election of Romney as being anything other than an excuse to do more of the same?

ETA: I'm not saying this will happen- but I'm not going to be shocked and surprised if it does.
edit on 9-10-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Chuck Norris never lies.

Never.

Off topic: Chuck once bent the truth...just for grins and giggles.

I hate myself for saying this, I really do. But I see this scenario playing out.

Emotions are high and the divisiveness seems to be higher than ever before.

Crap

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by beezzer

Chuck Norris never lies.

Never.

Off topic: Chuck once bent the truth...just for grins and giggles.

I hate myself for saying this, I really do. But I see this scenario playing out.

Emotions are high and the divisiveness seems to be higher than ever before.

Crap

Emotion s are high, but I can only hope that cooler heads prevail. Regardless of the outcome.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I have heard this from some pretty intelligent people.
Aside from the "king of america" part it's not unlikely.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So you are more worried about internet tough guys than elected officials?

Talk about lying to yourself.

You have official GOP members calling for Revolution and Civil War if Obama is re-elected, but you are worried about a tweet saying that some anonymous individual is going to riot, all by themselves.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

So you are more worried about internet tough guys than elected officials?

Talk about lying to yourself.

You have official GOP members calling for Revolution and Civil War if Obama is re-elected, but you are worried about a tweet saying that some anonymous individual is going to riot, all by themselves.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Honest question, then.

Are YOU worried, if Obama wins?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I understand your point but it was more than one anonymous tweeter. Humans on a whole are pack animals and will follow the herd. If some start rioting or start a revolution, others will follow because it is in our nature. Hopefully, both sides are just grandstanding and blowing off steam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join