It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins; Update: Deleted tweets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I, along with others here at ATS, have predicted that this very thing probably will happen if Romney wins.

twitchy.com...

Now granted, it's twitter and people can just blow it off. But isn't Social Media claiming responsibility for the Arab Uprising and broadcasting OWS as well?

We've seen similiar, but more civil comments here as well.

Here's the rub in a ironic way. If massive rioting were to break out in major cities after the election, it will still be Obamas job to deal with them and provide support to those cities governments. At least until the inauguration.

Timing is everything I guess.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This reinforces my belief that people should have to pass a test to be registered voters...half the reason this country is in the mess it is in is because voters vote to vote. No education necessary. I'm sorry but people saying "If Romney elected 'n-word's gon' riot, or anything to that effect, can not possibly know enough about the issues that need to be addressed in this country to cast a vote which could determine if anything is ever solved, or fixed, or improved....blows my mind how ineffective it is to elect our own president...

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW
edit on Tue Oct 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

There is a definite need to be aware in the days to come. The overall tone from the far left is getting worse by the day. Now anyone can be a racist simply for calling Obama "Lazy". Lazy is how he described himself to Barbara Walters not to long ago. He claims he got lazy from living in Hawaii as a kid.... Wow! Don't ever criticize Obama but feel to criticize anyone else in their bizarre world....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, I have to ask this question. If there are riots after the election, wouldn't this be all obama needs to declare martial law and suspend the constitution? This could be good for him. He would never have to step down and could become king of America.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ah.. I mentioned this as a possibility just the other day. Wish I could remember the thread. Although the "hope" thing has been put down, just the fact that it seems so in the bag might start people up if he loses.

I honestly still think it's in the bag for Obama.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

This would be good for him.

Uh.. not if the riots are because he lost the election.

Wah wah wah.

Re-read O.P., try again. If there were riots because Obama lost then Romney could crack down. He would probably love that. Funny enough that the supporters are rioting because they had to settle for a different guy saying the same thing they supported from the other guy. Mind blown.
edit on 9-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
too many i-doodads here in the states

no body would riot
not even if Fascistbook went down

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Really? He couldn't declare martial law before January? And there is no need to be snarky, I was just asking a possible conspiracy question and this is the place to do that.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

He could certainly enact Martial Law even if he losese because is still the sitting president until January when the new POTUS is sworn in. I think the "occupy" movement was just a test... Where have they gone?? or are they just waiting....?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 10/9/2012 by mademyself1984 because: dp

link   
reply to post by jibeho

And then the new president is like.... "ummm, alright, I'm sworn in now so....you can stick your martial law where the sun don't shine..."

link   
reply to post by jibeho

So he would declare martial law and lock up his supporters? Nah. He wouldn't do that. The whole idea is pretty absurd anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

What do you mean? Are you implying that Romney isn't the same and would end martial law if it were to go down?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I'm implying Obama could do whatever he wanted, as the "sitting" president, but once the new president was sworn in, I'm not so sure his opinion would matter...much less anyone should care...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You were technically right. I probably just wanted to go "wah wah wah."

I don't think Obama would declare martial law to crack down on his own supporters. He could turn that energy into something else. I really have a hard time believing successful nation wide or even multiple state martial law could be enacted without natural disaster or attack.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that if martial law is declared then there would be no exchange of power. Romney would not be able to assume the office of president.
edit on 9-10-2012 by shadwgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

They have the same opinions though. I haven't seen two presidents agree on so much since Gore and Bush.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

He could certainly enact Martial Law even if he losese because is still the sitting president until January when the new POTUS is sworn in. I think the "occupy" movement was just a test... Where have they gone?? or are they just waiting....?

where did all the OWSer's go ...

their lined up out in front Apple stores
waiting for the i-fone 5 z

edit on 10/9/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

..the same place the tea party went. There are more active OWS protests than tea party ones.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
thats what happens when we have such crappy choices. No matter who wins, people will be pissed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join