New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins; Update: Deleted tweets

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

considering this country hasn't had an 80% voter turnout for the Presidency since 1876, i doubt there is much to worry about here. www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

then again, we could stand to do without DC

ETA: odds are at least 20/1 that those who are willing to riot are NOT even registered to vote.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by campanionator

Um it's the liberials that have a history of dead people and family pets voting for them. Not the GOP get real.

The GOP uses state governments to suppress the vote, YOU get real -

Who needs to stuff a ballot, when you can block the door or change the laws.

biznatch

OHIO

www.huffingtonpost.com...

COLORADO and FLORIDA

www.startribune.com...

Florida: Gov. Rick Scott (R) signed a bill last year to impose harsh new restrictions on third-party voter registration groups, requiring them to turn in completed registration forms 48 hours — to the minute — after completion, or face fines. A federal judge blocked the law in late May and agreed to permanent kill its provisions this week. In a separate case, a judge rejected provisions earlier this month that would have reduced the number of days and hours available for earlier voting.

Ohio: A 2006 Ohio law, signed by then-Gov. Bob Taft (R), said that even in cases where poll-workers steer voters to the wrong polling place, provisional votes cast in the wrong precinct must be discarded. Monday, a federal judge granted an injunction to block this rule.
'

Texas: A U.S. District Court three-judge panel blocked a Texas voter ID law — signed by Gov. Rick Perry (R) last May, finding that it “imposes strict, unforgiving burdens on the poor” and that “a disproportionately high percentage of African Americans and Hispanics in Texas live in poverty.” Earlier this week, a different federal three-judge panel ruled the state’s gerrymandered redistricting law was also in violation of the Voting Rights Act.

Wisconsin: In July, a state circuit court judge blocked a voter ID law, signed by Gov. Scott Walker (R). In his ruling, he noted the law addressed a problem that was “very limited, if indeed it exists” and would create a “needless and significant impairment of the right to vote.”

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by mademyself1984

BRAVO!!

I have believed that people should have to pass a test in order to vote for a while now, and I was always hit with "but they have the RIGHT to vote"...my response is "So What? You probably have the right to do many things- doesn't mean that you should DO it".

For example, just because you can physically reproduce does not necessarily mean that you should.

As comedian Bill Mahre stated, "Most people cannot name the three branches of government- therefore, they should not be allowed to vote." I agree.
I totally agree Buttercookie.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I just read a tweet from some Romney supporter out there in the web. He is threatening to RIOT if Obama get´s re-elected! We need to get ready for a war! Obama vs Romney voters!! Justing Bieber fans vs Conor Maynard fans! Lil Wayne vs Eminem fans!! Linkin Park vs Korn... And SO on...

Don´t you think there are more important things going on? Divide and conquer!! This is what the ptb want! Time to use our brains!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
At this point there is no way Romney can win.

Romney has to sweep all swing states in order to reach 270

I think this is why the Republicans are in panic mode and going crazy and losing mental stability.

Obama leads in Ohio at this point.

This is bad news for the Mittens voters

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

it certainly doesn't hurt to own the machines that count the votes either.

ya know though, the fraud is exercised on both sides, regardless the threats of bad behavior.

heck, they've even entered the high schools fraudulently here in FL ... read it for yourself

www.tampabay.com...
The visitors who showed up at Gulf High to talk about voter registration efforts weren't from the county elections office, as school officials thought, but from Organizing for America, a project of the Democratic Party supporting President Barack Obama's re-election campaign. And it turns out they made their way into three other high schools — Hudson, Fivay and Sunlake — without question.

Now local Republican Party leaders are calling for an investigation, an official with Organizing for America-Florida has apologized for the mess and a Pasco Libertarian is insisting on getting his slice of equal time.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

I think this is why the Republicans are in panic mode and going crazy and losing mental stability.

Actually thats bad news for ALL americans.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If it happens it happens. One day at a time please. I am not crazy about Romney or Obama, it's just Romney fits me better than Obama.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
It's amazing to me that no one noticed the repetitiveness of the tweets. Obviously few people here are below the age of 20, or listen to current rap music. The majority of these tweets are referencing to a popular song by the artist 2 Chainz. He's a rapper from Atlanta who raps a song called "Riot".
Explicit Language Warning:

Sure, some of these people are probably honest in their declaration to riot. But, come on? I guarantee that 90% of those people were just trying to copy 2 Chainz and seem like they support Obama at the same time.

But hey, I'm just a college kid. What do I know?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

We;re 4 weeks out.

You guys are hilarious with this stuff..... I'd be JUST as utterly absurd saying Obama was cooked for chances after his blowing that debate performance like a school kid in front of the class for the first time. In fact, I did tell the numbers in a post that it was FAR too early to call Obama done.

At least this election has no lack of extreme and premature predictions.. I Predict the exit polls will show a Romney Win *AND* and Obama Win at the very same time, depending only on what channel one is watching at the moment. We'll see but I'll bet my prediction is closer than anything saying either man has no chance.

This nation is a 50/50 split damn near dead even these days for Lib/Con split. This will be another Horse Race Photo finish and we'll all be lucky if it's not another Court Room finish, IMO.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh please God tell me that Mitt Romneys brother isn't the Governor of a swing state!!!!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Jeb Romney ??

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
And?

There have been a bunch of republicans threatening to start an armed rising if Obama wins again.

Virginia Republicans Call for Armed Revolution if Obama Wins in November

The groups claiming President Obama is a tyrannical leader have never given one example of tyranny, but they, with the GOP’s assistance, have whipped themselves into frenzy and openly called for armed insurrection against the United States government. One may be inclined to excuse talk of rebellion as angry rhetoric from a fringe element in the tea party, but a Virginia Republican Committee newsletter has called for armed revolution if President Obama is re-elected in November.

Republicans calling for armed insurrection against the government is nothing new, and few are apt to forget congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN) saying “I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back,” and went on to specifically cite Jefferson’s quote from 1787. Bachmann continued that, “we the people are going to have to fight back hard if we’re not going to lose our country,” and encouraged Americans “to do everything we can to thwart the Democrats at every turn,” and apparently that included armed rebellion.

Another Republican, Sharon Angle, said in a radio interview that it may come to the point that the public would bring down an out-of-control Congress with “Second Amendment remedies.” Angle repeated her warning when she called for “Second Amendment remedies” to deal with the “ever-growing tyrannical U.S. government,” and to replace her election opponent Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

www.politicususa.com...

Tom Head, Texas Judge: Obama Reelection Could Lead To 'Civil War,' I'm Ready To 'Take Up Arms'

Head told FOX34 that Lubbock's law enforcement needed extra tax dollars in order to be prepared for a full-scale uprising, which he said could be a byproduct of Obama's reelection. According to Head, the president is seeking to sign a variety of United Nations treaties that will effectively take precedent over domestic law.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 10-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
And?

There have been a bunch of republicans threatening to start an armed rising if Obama wins again.

...and both extremes are equally wrong and pig headed.

Frankly, and I've said this before, if I found myself caught between the extreme of each side about to fight...then I have a huge problem. I can only shoot one direction at a time and all sides need attention.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There is a difference. Republican officials are calling for armed uprisings, the Obama people are just random kids on twitter who are quoting a 2chainz song and aren't even being serious about it.
edit on 10-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
250million tweets a day.

3000 tweets a second.

you present 20tweets of supposed obama supporters threatening to riot.

this is a non-story.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

I expect the New Black Panthers to incite the crowds and cause chaos as the black man has been cheated again.

Yeah not going to happen. The new black panther party consists of like 10 people.

reply to post by ldyserenity

be going out of the house for three weeks if he don't make the Presidancy for fear of being mauled. I guess I better send for my absentee ballot.

Wow, you really live in a fantasy world. You must watch Fox news.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
....There is no "so what" here.

Threatening crime if you dont have your way.

Its never good, no matter who it is.

But I guess since hes Godlike; its acceptable.

People do and say stupid things when defending their Gods.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

". I expect the New Black Panthers to incite the crowds and cause chaos as the black man has been cheated again. "
Dude for real? You have got to be joking!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It makes sense , if blacks start rioting when Obama is thrown out that gives them a window to get some "rebels" in there and start an "uprising" in America similar to those we`ve seen in Libya and Syria.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join