It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins; Update: Deleted tweets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

BRAVO!!

I have believed that people should have to pass a test in order to vote for a while now, and I was always hit with "but they have the RIGHT to vote"...my response is "So What? You probably have the right to do many things- doesn't mean that you should DO it".

For example, just because you can physically reproduce does not necessarily mean that you should.

As comedian Bill Mahre stated, "Most people cannot name the three branches of government- therefore, they should not be allowed to vote." I agree.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

For all you know that bored right wing trolls (just like we have here at ats these days) strating drama.. They wouldnt do that you say? No they havent been busted for the ACORN set up etc, some havent ever served prison terms over it..

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

New civility: Obama supporters threaten to riot if Romney wins; Update: Deleted tweets

Bullying tactics from the left.

Typical.

S&F

Agreed.

This is typical of the Klan-o-Cratic party.

Vote or Die- yes they continue to use this as thier slogan. And Vote or Die meant literally "Vote DEMOCRATIC or die, referring to the Ku Klux Klan that they funded in response to blacks gaining the right to vote.

link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Is that one of those examples of right wing freedoms?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected

Is that one of those examples of right wing freedoms?

Not sure what you are referring to, but if you are referring to the Right to Vote and it being mandated to pass a test before doing so, then that is not a partisan issue.

It is an intellectual one.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

He will then declare a state of emergency and Never give up the throne.. Hell ...he will probably be the organizer..

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I am talking about,..

"but they have the RIGHT to vote"...my response is "So What?

Which seems to be the right wing mantra.. Half the time its FREEEDOM! But when you get into it, its freedom for things the right supports.. Its right wing ideals and ideas they hold freedom for. Anything else, no room for it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984
This reinforces my belief that people should have to pass a test to be registered voters.

Same here. And to make up for the MASSIVE loss of voters in the U.S., people in other countries, who pass the same test and countries whom the U.S. has a direct relationship with, should be able to vote as well. The U.S. is not EVEN the same country as it was when the constitution was written and the amendments made to it don't even come close to compensating for that. And they don't compensate because the amendments are based on the basic tenets. Tenets that were written in 1776, before cars, electricity and running water. For pete's sake people, wake up.

America is stuck in a time warp.

The leaders of the U.S. have a great impact on the rest of the world in real time, therefor it should go to reason that the rest of the world should have a say in who leads it. As it stands right now, I think people in foreign countries care more about what happens to the U.S. then the people in the U.S. do. Look at the types of people the U.S. keeps putting into office, and that should be proof enough right there. They only have a rudimentary understanding of the people who vote them in. Do you think they will have a working understanding of people in foreign countries? Foreign countries that they have a direct influence on because of their status of "leaders of the free world? Whatever that means. I wouldn't bank on it.

And speaking of banks, the wealthiest among us, those who have a direct influence over Washington via lobbyists, have their wealth scattered in countries all over the world for tax purposes. Tax money that if, were in the U.S., would be able to help maintain the infrastructure. You think they care about the average American? Of course not. Caring isn't what made them rich. People in other countries see this, so why don't Americans?

Blind patriotism, ignorance of history and the fact that they don't want to admit the ship is sinking.

I feel bad for the U.S, I really do.

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I OFFICIALLY DECLARE THAT IF HOSTESS EVER STOPS MAKING TWINKEES I WILL RIOT!!!!!

There. Now does that imply anything other than I might be a kid, dolt, extremist, or sarcastic person with access to a keyboard? And if 20 others star, quote, or agree with this post, is Hostess responsible for it?

Every village has an idiot - for better are for worse - the Internet means that they can all coagulate in one place and seem like a larger group than they actually are.

I, by default, have ended up being labelled as a Democrat and I can assure you I am not going to riot if Romney is elected - nor will anybody I know. If we didn't riot about Bush 43, in that second term... Well we kind of proved we're pretty peaceable folk.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Not sure what you are referring to, but if you are referring to the Right to Vote and it being mandated to pass a test before doing so, then that is not a partisan issue.

It is an intellectual one.

Been an advocate of this for a long time – there should be some kind of test similar to the one those who apply for Naturalization take to qualify for voting rights.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then at poll time a simple 100 point test on who the candidates are (some basic background bio data) what they stand for on certain issues (questions evenly distributed about all candidates on the ballot including the obscure parties Green, Libertarian etc.) The test is scored and if you make the 75% score or better your vote counts if not thanks for playing the voter game.

For instance – this young man:

Probably is a hoot at a party and all, probably has a touching life story and has to deal with things that most of us will never understand. All that said he has Down’s Syndrome and likely an IQ between 50-75 or so. According to the DSMV (the terms and such Doctor’s use when they catalog symptoms) – mentally retarded. As non-PC as that may be it is the medical term currently used.

A person with Down’s will at best be highly functioning with a mental age (regardless of physical age) of somewhere around (at best) a 12 year old. Some might be able to live in a semi-supervised home but most are unable to do that even. Some can hold a menial job - or local grocery employs a kid with Down's he is terrible at bagging gorceries.

You can hear in this video endorsement of Obama 2008 that he likes him because of a couple things:

1) He is black. Period.
2) He is a good speaker.

Best part of it all is this kid who is 18 in terms of age with an IQ at best around 75 and the maturity and social functioning of a 12 year old can and will run down on election day and cast a vote. Neat – we should just let all pre-teens vote for POTUS.

Maybe we can get Justin Beeber or Lady Gaga to run next.

With free candy and no-school for a platform.

I thought this was a funny comedy; however, in retrospect it might have been a speculative documentary that happens to be coming true.

edit on 9/10/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurected

Not true at all.

My statement was referring to the Right to Vote, in which, thanks to the REPUBLICAN party, all races are able to do so.

What a few of us here are saying is that there should be a test to pass in order to do so.

There is a test to pass in order for you to exercise your right to drive. Otherwise, if you get behind the wheel and are not competent enough to make sound decisions, you are an endangerment to society.

Same point.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

It use to be that you had to own property in order to vote. The reason for this to my understanding was that people with something to lose will vote responsibly. The people of this country fought to change that law and to give everyone, regardless of race or gender, the right to vote. Now people are starting to say maybe every one shouldn't be allowed to vote. It seems to me that this country is starting to go backwards instead of forward.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! They only way Obama supporters will riot is if they get there monthly check cut off.... seriously....

and even then the only reason for riots will be to loot....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! They only way Obama supporters will riot is if they get there monthly check cut off.... seriously....

and even then the only reason for riots will be to loot....
Such a juvenile way to perceive things, Caddy. Your veiled ''ism'' is showing, my friend. MOST of Obama's supporters are not black people. Black people couldn't have put this guy in office with a genie in a bottle, granting FOUR wishes. Get real or get gone, champ. Monthly checks cut off you say? Do your research, or clam up, champ. EVERY FRIGGIN' BODY that has ever PAID into this crooked system will want their dividends. I can agree that O has been lackluster, at best, but you come across as a guy that tends to generalize. And before anyone says anything about me ''playing the race card'', to that I'll say, check my ATS resume'. I cut no corners, and will never mince words, across the board, any ethnicity, nationality, or locality, bar NONE, if I find you anal, I'll say it. The black people you speak of, are in the very minor percentile. Get out more, get more research under your belt, and get in less haha's. No disrespect intended, but you went there, boss.
edit on 10-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I think Fiscal Cliff, will Threaten ALL of us, regardless if Romney or Obama, are President.

MHO....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I OFFICIALLY DECLARE THAT IF HOSTESS EVER STOPS MAKING TWINKEES I WILL RIOT!!!!!

There. Now does that imply anything other than I might be a kid, dolt, extremist, or sarcastic person with access to a keyboard? And if 20 others star, quote, or agree with this post, is Hostess responsible for it?

Every village has an idiot - for better are for worse - the Internet means that they can all coagulate in one place and seem like a larger group than they actually are.

I, by default, have ended up being labelled as a Democrat and I can assure you I am not going to riot if Romney is elected - nor will anybody I know. If we didn't riot about Bush 43, in that second term... Well we kind of proved we're pretty peaceable folk.

~Heff
As usual Heff, I can appreciate your work, my man. Hey, sue me for the one-liner, or is it two?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by shadwgirl

He could certainly enact Martial Law even if he losese because is still the sitting president until January when the new POTUS is sworn in. I think the "occupy" movement was just a test... Where have they gone?? or are they just waiting....?

Shadwgirl bring up a good point and your answer also bring something interesting up. obama could enact Martial law, but what if upon enacting martial law he also takes Romney into custiody under the charge that he's the cause of the riots, would that be a possibility? It would be the one way obama would stay in power.

No, the second in charge, vice president, duly elected, would then take the seat of power, and don't know if the court case would have to be finished, and a new election called only if the newly elected president was found guilty, or before hand.

However, the President isn't the police and DA and doesnt actually arrest people.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If the GOP cheats, I'm doing more than rioting

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

LOL so what? Let em riot. We live in a police state. They'll just get crushed.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Um it's the liberials that have a history of dead people and family pets voting for them. Not the GOP get real.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join