It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a shadow of a "person" in this Mars rover image?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
of course it is. there isn't a single other logical conclusion you can come to

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by GArnold

there you go..

im not seeing the foot though.
that guy's reaching for a cider jug! maybe he's using it to refill the briggs&stratton motor. those motors will run in just about any enviroment just keep them filled with gas and oil

edit on 30-9-2012 by grubblesnert because: added an n

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

ROFL, I couldn't see anything until you said a guy choking a pig... Too funny, we see what we want.. power of suggestion..

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
NASA did send Mars Rover to Mars but pictures what we are seeing are from Chile

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hrabialolo
NASA did send Mars Rover to Mars but pictures what we are seeing are from Chile

Why do you say Chile? There's a few thousand NASA engineers who I bet would disagree! Hell there's even a picture of Curiosity on its descent taken by an orbiting satellite.

Why would they fake pictures of a dead planet?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
it looks like Master Chief reaching for his shine

second

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Scary, this is embarrassing.. It seems a good portion of ATS is afraid of the dark. All those shadows must scare the living heck out of you. Is it a demon, or a monster... Oooohhh. Has to be one or the other, no shadows in the history of imagination have ever looked like something else.

2 Dimensional representation of a 3 Dimensional space, created by objects within that space..

Has to be a person, on mars, having a drink.. Or in Chile, it seems.. But in a space suit. In Chile. And he can drink without removing his helmet. From a jug of wine. I used to pay good money to think crazy things for a few hours. I should have asked around here first..

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

The maintenance man walked in by mistake in the filming area, that’s all.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

here's a thought..........what if instead of seeing objects that are not human as human we all saw humans that are not objects as objects.

E.G.:

your son as a cloud
your daughter as a shadow
your wife as an outline on a piece of toast
your mom a stain on a sidewalk
your dad an piece of equipment on a NASA rover.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Swamp gas.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hey guys n gals, long time follower of ATS, new time member

I think a lengthy but absolute solution might be to get some accurate photos of the rover itself, 3-d model it, and place a spotlight around the object at various angles- that or the proposed direction of the sun.
and see if its even slightly feasible to get such a humanoid shape out of the rover.
The only tricky part is, if the rover has foldout parts and a lot of different stages to it. Either way, i'm sure if someone really wanted to get to the bottom of this, then a few hours modelling wouldn't hurt anyone

just an idea!

- Neb.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist

Originally posted by 4chi11e
marsmobile.jpl.nasa.gov...

Look again

That convinced me, the shadow in question is part of the rover not a person.

Yeah, That image does show the shadow in question at a different angle which now looks nothing like a human cleaning the Rover. I too zoomed in on the would be head of hair and noticed what you said as well, but I still can see what looks like hair, not sure.

People keep mentioning a space suit, but the would be he or she is not wearing a mask and looks to be wearing a day pack or some sort of Camel back bladder pack. Which would make sense if they were in the Chilean desert. LoL!

Course, If we were to read between the Lies, we should take note of the posters name who provided the image that swayed your opinion, which unbelievably is 4chi11e! Get it, for chile? That was an inside elbow rub and call out to his buddies on their film set out in the Chilean desert.

That's how arrogant and bold these people are. That's just how stupid they believe the $heople are. Unfortunately they are usually correct about their assessment. LMAO!
~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

I haven't read all responses or the entire thread yet...so someone may also see what I see...it looks like a shadow of someone with a mask but not a helmet because it looks like hair, a pack, reaching up and pulling something like a juh of water or something.The foot people are talking about isn't a shadow, but looks like some kind of gravity boot from star trek bottom left....NOT SAYING that this is what it is...just what the shadow looks like it COULD be to me ;0)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
my 6 year old son says it is a guy choking another guy. he also sees a blood sevecation machine that shreds you and sucks your blood out

yikes

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

This is very very odd..

I have been looking at this for about a hour and honestly cannot think of any answer for this image.

Does anyone have any explanation?

www.ufo-blogger.com...
edit on 29-9-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

Yes.

The rover is on Earth, in a desert within a desert. Just like many other sets NASA has used.

The operations on Mars have nothing to do with what you are being told.

There is, and has been a base on Mars for sometime.

This is to create a breakaway civilization from current Humanity.

This is being done for several reasons, but the most important of them all, is that Earth is not going to be inhabitable much longer.

Let me repeat that.

Earth is not going to be inhabitable much longer.

Meanwhile, while the public awes over pictures, and la da, real work is underway on all levels in the context of the above mentioned.

T-?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
my 6 year old son says it is a guy choking another guy. he also sees a blood sevecation machine that shreds you and sucks your blood out

yikes

Your son sounds a little sadistic.

I wonder where his mind is being fed from?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Just a shadow from the robot. See, the "head" is too small, and components are too straight. Mars's lack of gravity should permit indigeneous life-form to actually be bigger than humans.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This thread could go on and on for days and days, because of the deep desire many of you share, longing for this to be proof of a NASA hoax.

Most of you probably wouldn't even look at this↓ long enough to understand that it is the most plausible explanation.

Originally posted by CLPrime

That would be the joint of Curiosity's robot arm:

Just look at it.
Compare the images.
Think about the angles and perspective.

It's not hard to comprehend.
You just have to try.

reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Why would some guy, as the site in the OP claims, be cleaning the Mars Rover while wearing a suit, helmet, and backpack? If the implication is the Rover is fake and here on earth using some remote terrain to fake a Martian landscape, then wouldn't this dude "cleaning the rover" just be some schmoe in a ball cap and short? Why the 'spacesuit'?

Obviously it's a shadow of a portion of the rover itself.

That's a good question. Sadly however, anyone believing that the entire thing is a hoax, would never even attempt to answer such a question, which is based on....... logic & reason.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
IF I wanted to play along though, I might say that the shadow does slightly resemble this↓

(Just tilt your head a lil to the left.)

edit on 9/30/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
there isnt, thats the boom arm in a crunched position, loooks like a guy in some kind of suit fixing arm, but really its just the arm bent looks real convincing, but if it was a tech cleaning it or something id doubt they would use huge heavy gear with a helmet in desert to clean off a vehicle when they could wear shorts and visor hat.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join