It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a shadow of a "person" in this Mars rover image?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Can even see the guys hair in those photos!!

Definately something afoot but wouldn't those photos have been taken down by now or actually would they have even gone up in the first place because they are plan as day.

Or someone is having a laugh in the Lab.
edit on 30-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Can even see the guys hair in those photos!!

Definately something afoot but wouldn't those photos have been taken down by now or actually would they have even gone up in the first place because they are plan as day.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

This is very very odd..

I have been looking at this for about a hour and honestly cannot think of any answer for this image.

Does anyone have any explanation?

www.ufo-blogger.com...
edit on 29-9-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

It's one of those guys in the Bronx with a spray bottle and squeegee.

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
wait a minute

people really believe the rover is in chile ?

and nobody has noticed it ?

that's a record, even around here

really ?

What do you mean, nobody has noticed Chile, or nobody has noticed that rover is expecting very soon?

nobody in chile noticed the film crews

golly why do I even get drawn into these things

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreshAirGirl
I'm sitting here looking at the picture and don't see anything unusual at all. Shadows can play tricks. That being said I watched the new episode of Ancient Aliens and they said this is Rovers 19 visit to mars. Alot of people believe this is all fake but why waste all the time and energy to do so. I think they have been up to alot of interesting stuff that we are just starting to come to terms with and will find out about sooner than later coming up.

Boris Johnston, would be proud of that statement, had he said it. But I agree, it looks no more like a person, than the man in the Moon. Since the lowest part of 'the body' is distinctly...indistinct, it is ambiguous.
edit on 30-9-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

It looks like a shadow of the rover itself, to me.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by GArnold

No shadow of a person, its part of the "rover". However, I agree with the theory in the article, that there is no "mars" mission, just being filmed in Chile somewhere.

That is what I see as well. Just part of the rover casting a shadow that slightly resembles the human form.

Personally, I disagree with your stance about the mars mission and do believe we have a rover on Mars...But that is just my humble opinion and I do respect yours.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
are there any shots from the same angle without the 'person' shaped shadow?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So they're able to put rovers on Mars, but they couldn't film in a Chilean desert without getting caught? Come on man, that is way too naive. I'm not saying they're in Chile, but it's not impossible.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
solved

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

So they're able to put rovers on Mars, but they couldn't film in a Chilean desert without getting caught? Come on man, that is way too naive. I'm not saying they're in Chile, but it's not impossible.

for a few days, sure. but just like the apollo missions, too many people to keep quiet, too many people would have to know, too many ways to get caught.

they aren't filming in the basement of a hollywood house this time, they are out in very open spaces

and nobody in chile has noticed a similarity to their desert ?

and....

golly why do I even bother

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrshakabuku

Yes. See the last poster that I responded to. Then see who he had responded to inside my quote prior to responding to me. It was 4chi11e's post where he posted a different shot of the same shadow.

On another note, Why do all you guys who keep bringing that question up have such a low post count here at ATS?
Just curious that's all.
~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I know that hair, it's Giorgio Tsoukalos!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by GArnold

No shadow of a person, its part of the "rover". However, I agree with the theory in the article, that there is no "mars" mission, just being filmed in Chile somewhere.

I can't help but wonder if President Eisenhower had to agree with the ET's that we would stay off Mars and this is just another attempt by NASA and the US Government to Hoodwink us into thinking that we have a mission on Mars when we might actually be in the Chilean desert ???

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Can't see it...I even tried clenching my butt cheeks and pulling a silly face while trying to view it through the legs of a silver fork (I dunno, I just made that up), still couldn't see it...
edit on 30-9-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Let me understand this - Mars does not rotate on an axis like every other planet in the solar system? The sun does not arc across the Martian sky, causing shadows to change?

Can we all engage our brains for once?

edit on 30-9-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The rover is a complex piece of equipment with many parts who's shadows will resemble many things that we're familiar with -- like a chicken sandwich or chihuahua ( I was looking at my dog Spike because she's tilting her head like she has a question).

Cartoonists and artists (I've done both jobs) train to create shadows of familiar objects to create a mood or story. Therefore, shadows cannot be a trusted source of representation of anything--too easy to fake.

I think the rover is on Mars because NASA's been working their butts off to make sure that it's there. I also think that the rover will gather enough data that will eventually allow us to determine that life once existed on Mars--perhaps even a civilization.

But that's just the rover wheel. It does look like an astronaut though...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have a few things to say on this, as I'm pretty good at looking at these images (I noticed the tiny wet spots on the rover wheels a few weeks back and made a thread on it).

1) for the people thinking they are seeing hair sticking out.....you aren't. I'm not sure how good your imager is, but if you look closely you'll notice the things that do indeed look like spikey hair sticking up out of "the helmet" are just outlines of the rocks there joining with the larger shadow looking like hairs....but that's really just outlines of rocks.

2) I've looked at every single Curiosity image, and I've seen MANY of these images of the rover casting it's shadow in front of the camera, and that shadow is NOT normally there. That is something different.

3) The "foot" at the bottom of the image certainly does coincide with the shadow in question. And that "foot" is not a part of the rover. It certainly does look like some kind of advanced "space suit" boot that isn't public. It looks well articulated for walking. And based on the shadow, the "space suit" is FAR less bulky and encumbering than the kind of space suit we see in the public space program (obviously, since the public space program isn't walking around on other bodies).

4) Everyone here....that's been here since the John Lear days. And anyone who is familiar with Hoagland's research into a "secret space program" should know EXACTLY what this image is showing. It's a member of "The Secret Space Program" (which to me is a fact, and have had bases on and orbiting Mars for a VERY long time), going down there......as John Lear would say......"with some windex and a roll of paper towels", cleaning the solar panels off and doing some general maintenance.

Anyone REALLY paying attention the the subject of "The Secret Space Program" should know what these guys are up to by now. They did this same thing with the "Twin Rovers":Spirit and Opportunity as well. There are even images of "tool marks" on the hex style allen key like bolts, and pics of areas with the dust wiped off, on the old rovers.

The only real question I have here....is why would they even be taking pictures at all durring this maintenance? And even if it's normal for them to take images durring maintenance.....why would they post any images from the maintenance period? Is there perhaps another true patriot in NASA like Ken Johnston (whom Jim "Enemy of Truth" Oberg ratted out and got fired from NASA for finding interesting images in the archives to help Richard Hoagland's research), trying to let the cat out of the bag, so to speak and fill in the public about "The Secret Space Program"?

If nothing else, this image is incredible to further the investicgation into The Secret Space Program.

IMO, the only true whack-os in this thread, are the people who hanestly think we don't have rovers on Mars at all. Much like the people who say "we never went to the moon"....these people are full of complete non-sense. They are absolutely hiding the truth of what's on these places.....but they ARE on these places.....and not with just rovers. We have feet on the ground, and I'm convinced we've had feet on the ground of Mars since even before Viking landedin 1976.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
God that shadow just shouldnt be there. Looks like the guy has an breathing un it on his back and wearing a face breathing mask, hes got some hair sticking out a bit. Wow this one does it for me, yeah there are humans on mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join