It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a shadow of a "person" in this Mars rover image?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Odd? The shadow looks like a person choking a pig (or a pig-person it is Mars after all)
reply to post by Guyfriday

Yep, that's it alright! An earth astronaut choking a pig.
...I guess we're getting the martian pigs back for mutilating our cows! Take that you martian pig!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Odd? The shadow looks like a person choking a pig (or a pig-person it is Mars after all)

Yep, that's it alright! An earth astronaut choking a pig.
...I guess we're getting the martian pigs back for mutilating our cows! Take that you martian pig!
This makes the game 'Angry Birds- Space' a little clearer for me now.

NASA should send up Angry Birds to take care of the Martian pig problem.
edit on 29-9-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Odd? The shadow looks like a person choking a pig

I thought the pig part looked more like a gallon jug of wine. The Person with a head of hair and a backpack on is reaching for it because they been up there for months now and ran out a long time ago. The mistake is that that dude isn't wearing any helmet.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
hmmm..interesting....anybody have better images of the rover, its layout ? how would the rover be positioned in arder to take the pic? and why is the rover taking a pic of its shadow and the ground...is this part of a bigger pic?

questions people, questions.....go

whats that 'bright spot..are they using xtra lighting...
edit on 29-9-2012 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

Exactly, logical thinking. If we had some images of the rover, and lord knows a multi million(billion?) dollar project ought to have hundreds if not thousands of images of it, we could have a better grasp on the realities of this picture rather than make grandiose statements back and forth as facts.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Google is our friend, err when they aren't spying on us or bombarding us with ads.

anyway I don't want to learn ow to post pics. enjoy.

www.google.com... .11.7.0.4.4.0.92.580.7.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.p5dK6riJAUE

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
if you think this is bad, why don't you look at the mars images of the planet, and how parts look copy and pasted. Including the aspect of twin or even triplet clone sections revealing the obviously bad job at it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think that's Master Chief!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
A crane on Mars building the first skyscraper.

A Martian robot doing the gangnam style on Mars.

Seriously, its a shadow from the rover. On mars.......

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

So NASA are hoaxing everyone regards the Mars Curiosity landing?........why exactly would they release that image?

I know ATS is a conspiracy site....but purleeese!!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Could it not be that it is the dish at the back (making the back pack) and the folded up solar panels? The main problem with these types of pictures is that not only do individual 'limbs' make weird shapes that merge into the main shape and make it look like something different ( just have to look at hand shadow puppets for that) but we as a species are hard wired to recognise faces/people shapes in just about anything, like shadows or even daubs of paint ( just have to look at the impressionist art era for that).
Good example of how the shadow is nothing like the real thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If you take a good look and think about how the shadow lays out, it seems that if it were human in the picture, he would have to be hanging off of the edge of the rover for it to lay out this way in the shadow. The work position that he is in looks like he is leaning over the top, kind of like he is putting oil in his car or something right? But if you try and think about how the shadow might look of you putting oil in your car, it wouldnt really look like the shadow in the pics. With the angle of light behind the rover the shadow is all wrong to me. Any artist that has studied or thought about shadow effects should be able to tell us if this is not a person, anyone else have any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by GArnold

That would be the joint of Curiosity's robot arm:

That would have been my first guess before a person and then being on the desert on Earth or a person on Mars would have been more believable actually. Why wouldn't a conspiracy of having a Martian base be better then sticking this in the desert here?

But I am going to go for the simple explanation of the arm that or Aliens...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Kind of looks to me like an obscured shadow from a piece of the rover, with a time lapse photo showing us the essential principles of a sun dial.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be horrible if they were faking? What would the outcome be? It looks like a person to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Is real strange, it shoouldnt be there. Ok what game is nasa up to.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It's probably just part of the rover, I can't see how they would be so careless, but it is odd when you consider what happened with Opportunity:

Jim Erickson of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory admitted that the cause of this surprise "cleaning" could not be explained. "These exciting and unexplained cleaning events have kept Opportunity in really great shape," Erickson said.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What part of the rover can cast a thick bush of hair...thats the question..

While at it..it will solve the money question too. This money is sent to pay the guy cleaning the rover...so he can see a hair dresser...or at least buy a comb.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday

Clearly, the shadow person is punching another shadow person wearing a baseball hat.

Or it's Rock'm-Sock'm-Robots.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ok, I just showed the original image to my wife and told her only that it was an image of mars, and she says "Why is there a man on mars?"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join