It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a shadow of a "person" in this Mars rover image?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why would some guy, as the site in the OP claims, be cleaning the Mars Rover while wearing a suit, helmet, and backpack? If the implication is the Rover is fake and here on earth using some remote terrain to fake a Martian landscape, then wouldn't this dude "cleaning the rover" just be some schmoe in a ball cap and short? Why the 'spacesuit'?

Obviously it's a shadow of a portion of the rover itself.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Here's the "man" I thought you guys were talking about:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Thank you.. What is the white thing directly outside of what you circled in green on the bottom left almost centered?

I am looking at this image of the rover and do not see what it could be..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Wrong rover..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Looks like Master Chief to me..Maybe he's up there kickin' a lil' Forerunner ass?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by GArnold

Wrong rover..

Really because the JPL site says "Mars Rover detail". I suppose it could be wrong but what other Mars rovers are there?

Then additionally it says "Examine the components of the Mars Rover Opportunity".
edit on 29-9-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There was another article which said this:

"Something (or somebody??) has been regularly cleaning the Mars rover Opportunity's solar panels during the night, enabling the device to continue to work much better and longer.

NASA rover team leader Jim Erickson has said that the unexplained cleaning events have kept Opportunity's solar panels operating close to their maximum daily output of 900 watt-hours. Due to a previous accumulation of Martian dust, which is heavy and dense, output had dropped to 500 watt-hours per day.

The output of Mars Spirit's solar panels, which are not getting cleaned, have dropped to 400 watt-hours per day.

NASA has no explanation for the cleaning till this day ..."

www.ufo-blogger.com...

and here is the actual source too
www.msnbc.msn.com...-eIo
edit on 29-9-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Yeah, It's being filmed in Chile
...It's not like the sky is full of satellites looking down on Earth or nothing..If you honestly think they could do this on Earth without it being seen you've got some serious wiring crossed in your gray matter..Let me guess, the "guy" in the photo runs out everytime a satellite passes over head and holds up a picture of the ground over the rover until the satellite is gone.
edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by GArnold

Don't they have the twin rover here on Earth. They practice certain maneuvers on it before they try it on the one up there..AT the end of the day nothing in the picture says it is the Curiosity rover.
Therian

link   
reply to post by GArnold

Look I could be way off base here. But lets try to look at this from one vantage point. I mean, take it with a grain of salt if you want but....

here it goes....

Lets say you have a criminal, some moffia guy, who is well renouned for his lies, cheating, deception etc etc. So lets say you hand over to him a project that would normally cost billions. But he does some research and figures out that infact he could do the project for just hundreds of thousands, fake it, and then he could pocket the difference.

to make matters worse the project is just the kind that could be easily faked and no one would ever know any different. Also it's the kind of project that if faked no one would really get all that hurt by the trickery. You think the maffia dude isn't going to do this. Someone with a long criminal history isn't going to pocket the money and give you a fake that likely you won't be able to tell any different if it's real or not?

Because think about it, this is your hard earned tax payer money. It's real money that people pay to TPTB. After it goes there billions are appropriated to NASA. My understanding is they then come up with these hairbrained missions and report that it's going to cost billions of dollars. So essentially those billions disappear, and in the end they have to produce a movie to the person that paid for it.

Problem is....

Anyone with access to a junk yard, and some hollywood prop professionals could build a rover like that for maybe 10,000. The filming is so grainy that anyone could do that film and pictures with a regular video camera you buy from walmart.

Example:

You can make even a good movie for cheap!!!! Which looks quite real...

.................Paranormal Activity - filmed for 16,000.00 dollars (sixteen thousands)

.................Open Water - filmed for 75,000.00 (seventy five thousand)

.................The Blair Witch Project - ESTIMATED BUDGET: $22,000

.................The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - $83,000

Look, the point is you got people that used false flags (lies, stagged events) to get into every war since the 1800's running things, so it's a documented fact that they'll lie, cheat and do anything they want. But yet people are so dumb that they actually think they'll get a "real mars landing" for that 2.5 billion they claim to have spent on that rover mission.

Do have any idea what George Lucas could do with that kind of money. He made Starwars in todays money for 45million.

I come from a business background, that why I just think..... wow this is so nuts, you got people who's job it is to lie to the public all day long, now telling them that they spent 2.5 billion of your money (taxpayer money) on this rover mission, which anyone amateur film maker could do in a desert for maybe 25,000.00 and they could then pocket the rest.

Ahhhhh people, wake up already. the moon landing was no different. You paid 100 billion dollars to watch a 12 part series, basically about the same as watching 1 season of survivor, for 100 billion dollars. Where did that money really go? Like seriously. You get a grainy video of a guy bouncing around that a million youtube'rs have proven could be recreated for peanuts.

Like geeper creepers since everyone is so dumb out there, so zombie like, I should set up the next NASA and all I need is access to: a desert, a cheap walmart home movie camera, and a junkyard to build rover and I could reproduce this and pocket all the rest of the money and be rich hurrayyy!!!!

It's so obvious this was filmed in a studio. Another reason that comes to mind is why can't they ever, not one time point the camera up into space, or do a 360 with the camera, or anything else. It's always stills in one small area, or them moon walking in on small area. Or driving the lander in one small area. Because they can't point the camera around as the rest of the studio would show up.

Anyway food for thought. Also I'm not saying I know for a fact either. I'm saying the evidence suggests, and if you follow the money we're talking billions of tax payer money, basically which could have been stolen.

edit on 29-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by GArnold

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by GArnold

Wrong rover..

Really because the JPL site says "Mars Rover detail". I suppose it could be wrong but what other Mars rovers are there?

Then additionally it says "Examine the components of the Mars Rover Opportunity".
edit on 29-9-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

You want the third rover to land on mars.. The first 2 were solar power little baby rovers. This new one is like an actual car. And has nuclear power? I think

It's called curiosity.

Here's a video:

edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by thesmokingman

Yeah, It's being filmed in Chile
...It's not like the sky is full of satellites looking down on Earth or nothing..If you honestly think they could do this on Earth without it being seen you've got some serious wiring crossed in your gray matter

satellites have to be told where to look. They have small keyhole views... And they are on courses that take time to re-adjust.

Why would the same people lieing expose the lie? You're being silly.. It would be much more practical to use drones.. Whos to say they aren't green screening it? Ie you just lazer map an area of ground you would like a picture of. Then you make the same area inside. Then you make it all green. Then you drive the rover over it. Then you film same area. Then you overlay the film, then you have a rover driving outside, but really it's inside...

There's different ways to get away with this. What's the next top secret airplane? And how do you think we hide this from other countries? You avoid the satellites. You have it all timed.

I would like to believe they are on mars. So I'm still sticking with that. It makes the most sense to me at the moment. I like to point out everything though.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You think NASA or the U.S. is the only organization/country with satellites up there? NO, you are the silly one..It's not like we have enemies that would love to expose this "HOAX" as so many of you geniuses put it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf

You think NASA or the U.S. is the only organization/country with satellites up there? NO, you are the silly one..It's not like we have enemies that would love to expose this "HOAX" as so many of you geniuses put it.

I don't agree that it's a hoax.. But your name calling needs to stop now.

Go back and re-read I was still editing post.

How do you think the USA hides any secret aircraft? you are still being silly. Why do you think we are building so many spy drones? satellites are very very limited with what you can see. They are only useful against big sites or if you have info on the ground to guide you where to point. It's like looking through a powerful zoomed in scope and trying to find a target without ever pulling your eye off the eye piece.

We are still building spy planes.. That's what that new mach 10 or whatever drone thing is going to be..

You can track every satellite (if you are USA) and look at your watch and go, hey I've got 20 minutes to go out and get pics, let's roll. And then you go back in, or throw a tarp over, it's not that hard.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If you look closely at the shadows head you can see hair sticking out,
can anyone see what I'm seeing?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the photo of Jesus on a Pizza... any moment now.

People are seeing what they want to see. It's part of the Rover, not a Human.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
the 3d model is accurate enough for a comparison i believe..

interesting i must say

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
we need the actual 3d model and recreate the scene in 3dsmax..if no one tries till tomorrow i can hace a shot at it

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

That would be the joint of Curiosity's robot arm:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's part of the rover.

People really think it's the shadow of a person??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join