It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a shadow of a "person" in this Mars rover image?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
there isnt, thats the boom arm in a crunched position, loooks like a guy in some kind of suit fixing arm, but really its just the arm bent looks real convincing, but if it was a tech cleaning it or something id doubt they would use huge heavy gear with a helmet in desert to clean off a vehicle when they could wear shorts and visor hat.

There is no helmet.

And there is no heavy gear.

And thats not a robotic arm, sorry.

And where all of this is being "studioed" is in a very cold place, a desert within a desert.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidEspinosa
BS BS BS there is no rover in mars! Its all made up!

You win the prize. Your 100% correct. There is no rover IN mars, there is a rover ON mars though.

Oh BTW, just saying.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Looks like Master Chief to me..Maybe he's up there kickin' a lil' Forerunner ass?

Mars rover is actually an advertisement for Halo 4!

SOMEONE CALL THE ATS POLICE!

In all seriousness Its probably just a shadow of the machine, think about how stretched a human shadow can look under certain light conditions, which could be happening to a piece of the machine

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Originally posted by HermitShip

There is no helmet.

And there is no heavy gear.

And thats not a robotic arm, sorry.

And where all of this is being "studioed" is in a very cold place, a desert within a desert.
Well that settles it.

Nobody could possibly dispute the undeniable definitive evidence you have provided.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by GArnold

Look I could be way off base here. But lets try to look at this from one vantage point. I mean, take it with a grain of salt if you want but....

here it goes....

Lets say you have a criminal, some moffia guy, who is well renouned for his lies, cheating, deception etc etc. So lets say you hand over to him a project that would normally cost billions. But he does some research and figures out that infact he could do the project for just hundreds of thousands, fake it, and then he could pocket the difference.

to make matters worse the project is just the kind that could be easily faked and no one would ever know any different. Also it's the kind of project that if faked no one would really get all that hurt by the trickery. You think the maffia dude isn't going to do this. Someone with a long criminal history isn't going to pocket the money and give you a fake that likely you won't be able to tell any different if it's real or not?

Because think about it, this is your hard earned tax payer money. It's real money that people pay to TPTB. After it goes there billions are appropriated to NASA. My understanding is they then come up with these hairbrained missions and report that it's going to cost billions of dollars. So essentially those billions disappear, and in the end they have to produce a movie to the person that paid for it.

Problem is....

Anyone with access to a junk yard, and some hollywood prop professionals could build a rover like that for maybe 10,000. The filming is so grainy that anyone could do that film and pictures with a regular video camera you buy from walmart.

Example:

You can make even a good movie for cheap!!!! Which looks quite real...

.................Paranormal Activity - filmed for 16,000.00 dollars (sixteen thousands)

.................Open Water - filmed for 75,000.00 (seventy five thousand)

.................The Blair Witch Project - ESTIMATED BUDGET: $22,000

.................The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - $83,000

Look, the point is you got people that used false flags (lies, stagged events) to get into every war since the 1800's running things, so it's a documented fact that they'll lie, cheat and do anything they want. But yet people are so dumb that they actually think they'll get a "real mars landing" for that 2.5 billion they claim to have spent on that rover mission.

Do have any idea what George Lucas could do with that kind of money. He made Starwars in todays money for 45million.

I come from a business background, that why I just think..... wow this is so nuts, you got people who's job it is to lie to the public all day long, now telling them that they spent 2.5 billion of your money (taxpayer money) on this rover mission, which anyone amateur film maker could do in a desert for maybe 25,000.00 and they could then pocket the rest.

Ahhhhh people, wake up already. the moon landing was no different. You paid 100 billion dollars to watch a 12 part series, basically about the same as watching 1 season of survivor, for 100 billion dollars. Where did that money really go? Like seriously. You get a grainy video of a guy bouncing around that a million youtube'rs have proven could be recreated for peanuts.

Like geeper creepers since everyone is so dumb out there, so zombie like, I should set up the next NASA and all I need is access to: a desert, a cheap walmart home movie camera, and a junkyard to build rover and I could reproduce this and pocket all the rest of the money and be rich hurrayyy!!!!

It's so obvious this was filmed in a studio. Another reason that comes to mind is why can't they ever, not one time point the camera up into space, or do a 360 with the camera, or anything else. It's always stills in one small area, or them moon walking in on small area. Or driving the lander in one small area. Because they can't point the camera around as the rest of the studio would show up.

Anyway food for thought. Also I'm not saying I know for a fact either. I'm saying the evidence suggests, and if you follow the money we're talking billions of tax payer money, basically which could have been stolen.

edit on 29-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

--------

Exactly r2d246, you are Exactly Right On ! And now to solve these Shadows Pictures for everyone - It's obvious that the picture in question is one of " The Shadow Government " at work........ LOL

BTW - They Filmed all of the Curiosity Landing photo's just on the other side of the mountains in the background of this picture below at the Atacama Desert in Northern Chile, South America.

extra DIV

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
People here seem to WANT to believe the space program is all fake. Why?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

For same reason as most conspiracy theorists, its a more interesting way to saunter through life.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
It is Gordon Shumway. Very obvious.

No, it wasn't me. I am safely grounded on Earth...
Second line.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Some part of curiosity fake was done in Clear Lake, Texas. Northern part of the facility.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
It is Gordon Shumway. Very obvious.

I wonder if I am the only one that got that joke LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advancedboy
Some part of curiosity fake was done in Clear Lake, Texas. Northern part of the facility.

Now that you have stated that, with no proof of that claim, I will most undoubtedly believe it. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

On the topic within the thread, it's a simple shadow made by the robotic arm of the rover itself. the images from other posters on prior pages prove that definitively.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm more curious about this picture tbh.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

Can anyone confirm/Debunk this?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Clearly it is a highly trained Nasa engineer holding a jug of moonshine and not choking a pig. You have been corrected!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Gordon Freeman?

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-9-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HermitShip

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
my 6 year old son says it is a guy choking another guy. he also sees a blood sevecation machine that shreds you and sucks your blood out

yikes

Your son sounds a little sadistic.

I wonder where his mind is being fed from?

so know you know him ?

settle down professor

he's a kind gentle and honest boy. he is also a primate with a vivid imagination. right now he is napping with the kitten

sadist

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ
I'm more curious about this picture tbh.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

Can anyone confirm/Debunk this?

I believe that the NASA curiosity rover was first tested in the desert of Chile prior to being sent into space and would explain those photos in the link you provided.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
wait a minute

people really believe the rover is in chile ?

and nobody has noticed it ?

that's a record, even around here

really ?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
wait a minute

people really believe the rover is in chile ?

and nobody has noticed it ?

that's a record, even around here

really ?

What do you mean, nobody has noticed Chile, or nobody has noticed that rover is expecting very soon?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
What part of the rover can cast a thick bush of hair...thats the question..

It's not hair, although it looks like hair at first glance. If you zoom in far enough you'll see the hair effect is caused by little stones. Had me going for a while though

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm sitting here looking at the picture and don't see anything unusual at all. Shadows can play tricks. That being said I watched the new episode of Ancient Aliens and they said this is Rovers 19 visit to mars. Alot of people believe this is all fake but why waste all the time and energy to do so. I think they have been up to alot of interesting stuff that we are just starting to come to terms with and will find out about sooner than later coming up.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join