It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What about people/planes etc that has gone around the world, or planes that have taken routes that should show them the edge of the world but nothing appears except they keep going AROUND the world to their destination. Are you saying they teleport to the other side of the world? Come on now.

Why hasn't anyone ever seen/taken pictures the edge of the world?

Why is this even a debate? Almost 7 billion people and nobody has traveled far enough to see the edge of this flat world? Come on haha
edit on 17-9-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This link, especially the globe in flat folded geometrically gives a visual hint at how multiple flat projections can resemble a sphere, imho.
www.vortexmaps.com...
gravitor

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I honestly believe that the flat earth society is just a group of practical jokers who have taken a prank to extreme limits. I'm sure there's a few people with legitimate mental disorders out there who truly believe the flat earth doctrine but I'm firmly of the mind that at least 95% of flat earthers are just trolls who love getting a rise out of people. I mean every other conspiracy has the element of "you can't know for sure if you weren't there' but this one literally has 7 billion people observing it at all times. I

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainpudding
I honestly believe that the flat earth society is just a group of practical jokers who have taken a prank to extreme limits. I'm sure there's a few people with legitimate mental disorders out there who truly believe the flat earth doctrine but I'm firmly of the mind that at least 95% of flat earthers are just trolls who love getting a rise out of people. I mean every other conspiracy has the element of "you can't know for sure if you weren't there' but this one literally has 7 billion people observing it at all times. I

And what qualifications do YOU have to declare such??????
gravitor

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor

gravitor

About the same as your qualifications for anything that you say.

Everyone has a right to express their opinions on here, just as much as you have expressed yours in this thread.

Don't like it?

The door is over that way. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

gravitor

It wasn't a declaration it was a statement of belief. It's the only logical conclusion I can come to as I don't believe that people with the required level of mental deficiency to believe in a flat earth theory wouldn't be able to organize such a group on their own. I can't back it up factually as I don't have the qualifications to administer psychological testing to members to confirm or deny it. I was stating a hypothesis, if you have a better theory as to how so many people can deny a fact that any person on the planet can verify, I'll gladly adjust my hypothesis accordingly.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

gravitor

It wasn't a declaration it was a statement of belief. It's the only logical conclusion I can come to as I don't believe that people with the required level of mental deficiency to believe in a flat earth theory wouldn't be able to organize such a group on their own. I can't back it up factually as I don't have the qualifications to administer psychological testing to members to confirm or deny it. I was stating a hypothesis, if you have a better theory as to how so many people can deny a fact that any person on the planet can verify, I'll gladly adjust my hypothesis accordingly.

Why do people have to be "mentally defiecient" to have a different comprehension of reality than You?
What "fact" can any person on this planet verify???
gravitor

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Why do people have to be "mentally defiecient" to have a different comprehension of reality than You?
gravitor

People have to be mentally deficient because no sane person can deny reality as well as these people do. This isn't a "Maybe someone else shot Kennedy" conspiracy where there COULD be an alternative this is basic reality, the Earth is round, there's no possible way to debate that. We have planes that constantly fly around the world If I start at any place on this planet and go due east (west, south or north) I'll always end up back where I started. The "fact" that any person can verify is that the Earth is round.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

gravitor

About the same as your qualifications for anything that you say.

Everyone has a right to express their opinions on here, just as much as you have expressed yours in this thread.

Don't like it?

The door is over that way. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

Who asked You??
gravitor

You did.

You "asked" because you made your post on a public forum, in a thread that can be read by anyone, commented on by all members, whether you wish them to or not.

If you do not desire other people to comment on any posts you make in a thread (whether or not it was directed to that person or not), then might I suggest you utilize a feature here on ATS known as "U2U" that will allow you to have a private conversation with someone, with only their response being given to you.

If you do not do that, but post in a thread, then other people can and will make other posts responding to your posts.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Please remain on topic.

Further violations will result in Posting Bans.

~Tenth
ATS Mod.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

gravitor

People have to be mentally deficient because no sane person can deny reality as well as these people do. This isn't a "Maybe someone else shot Kennedy" conspiracy where there COULD be an alternative this is basic reality, the Earth is round, there's no possible way to debate that. We have planes that constantly fly around the world If I start at any place on this planet and go due east (west, south or north) I'll always end up back where I started. The "fact" that any person can verify is that the Earth is round.

So! What You are stating is that anyone who does not comply with or adhere to the ASSUMED reality that You adhere to is mentally deficient????
And because of the mass indoctrination that has the vast majority of humans BELIEVING that the world is round, anyone who dares to suggest otherwise is mental, or of a deminished mentality?

You therefore will fit perfectly into the BELIEVERS camp, and will fight to defend that belief??
Just as any organised religion will create wars and kill people to defend their ASSUMED belief system.

I am attempting against such fundementalist belief structures to descibe how the assumed spherical and visual appearance of the earth and moon and sun etc etc is an optical illusion created by our short distance senses.
That what is actually at play is a memory based system of universe that operates on DEAD FLAT and straight projections of universe, and that this leads to wherever the observer is sited experiencing the illusion of spherical creations.
That these projections are PHASE CONJUGATE in nature , and of spiral opposed route( think of how DNA is portrayed)
This phase conjugation in all directions at once of signal routes is what creates the illusion of spherical creations.
The geometry involved creates a dominant cross feature that leads to polarity and equator, and the switching rates then give rise to the illusions of spin and movement.

Nothing but the signals upon these universal Birkeland currents is actually moving, as this is a SOLID based universe.
Don't fret, You can simply ignore My posts and say I am mentaly deficient, but remember...that is a two edged sword.
So I can view others as such also.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

gravitor

So! What You are stating is that anyone who does not comply with or adhere to the ASSUMED reality that You adhere to is mentally deficient????
And because of the mass indoctrination that has the vast majority of humans BELIEVING that the world is round, anyone who dares to suggest otherwise is mental, or of a deminished mentality?

You therefore will fit perfectly into the BELIEVERS camp, and will fight to defend that belief??
Just as any organised religion will create wars and kill people to defend their ASSUMED belief system.

I am attempting against such fundementalist belief structures to descibe how the assumed spherical and visual appearance of the earth and moon and sun etc etc is an optical illusion created by our short distance senses.
That what is actually at play is a memory based system of universe that operates on DEAD FLAT and straight projections of universe, and that this leads to wherever the observer is sited experiencing the illusion of spherical creations.
That these projections are PHASE CONJUGATE in nature , and of spiral opposed route( think of how DNA is portrayed)
This phase conjugation in all directions at once of signal routes is what creates the illusion of spherical creations.
The geometry involved creates a dominant cross feature that leads to polarity and equator, and the switching rates then give rise to the illusions of spin and movement.

Nothing but the signals upon these universal Birkeland currents is actually moving, as this is a SOLID based universe.
Don't fret, You can simply ignore My posts and say I am mentaly deficient, but remember...that is a two edged sword.
So I can view others as such also.
gravitor

Can you please provide links to some documentation helping both define and demonstrating this version of a flat Earth that you are describing?

Thank you in advance.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

But you see, I assume flat Earthers are mentally deficient because they ignore indisputable fact. Any human being can observe that the Earth is round. Granted many lack the finances to purchase a plane ticket which will make it painfully obvious, they can still observe things such as celestial angles which show the curvature of the Earth or simple trigonometry . Not only would you require to prove that we're some how genetically predisposed to believing a flat earth is round you would also need to prove how the laws of gravity and trigonometry are wrong. Both principles have been proven beyond any doubt to be correct (the finer intricacies of gravity are debatable but on a whole gravity will always cause planets to be round is a known fact). So me believing a flat earther is mentally deficient because they ignore reality and fact and refuse to prove their stance is not nearly the same as a flat earther believing i'm mentally deficient because I believe in fact and reality and can PROVE my stance on the subject. In fact that would even further re-enforce the fact that flat earthers are mentally deficient (or trolls, naturally)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Can the flat earth believers please explain why long haul flights, for example flights from heathrow to San fransico, why they fly up toward the artic circle to cross the Atlantic rather than fly in a straight line. Ive always understood they do this as its less of a distance to fly because the earth is round ... Sorry of this question is hard to understand I hope you (ATS users) understand what I'm trying to say

Also I'm not sure if this question has been answered if the earth is flat and I was to drill through the entire earth ground would I fall into a bit of darkness once I reached the other side.

Another question why would communication companies have to use satellites to allow us to communicate (telephone calls etc) to other parts of the world, I presumed they use them as the earth is round and not flat

Finally can the flat earth believers explain why the southern hemisphere has a different view of stars compared to the northern hemisphere, if the earth was flat wouldn't we all see the same stars ?

Again apologies if this questions don't make sense I'm just a simple guy living in a confused round world

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

That will have to wait, as I appear to be been set up for a fall .
So this will be My last reply on this thread.
Have a nice day.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Aw can you not answer my confusing questions before you go ?
2nd

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Aw can you not answer my confusing questions before you go ?
2nd

Sorry..NO.
Captainpudding has declared Me mentally deficient, and some nice men have arrived with a jacket that fastens up at the back....so My fingers won't be able to reach the buttons, sorry.
They won't remove the jacket until I agree that the earth is a football.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So this will be My last reply on this thread.

gravitor

Last reply? Fail.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join