It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

According to the FAQ section on their wiki page:

Q: "What about Lunar Eclipses?" A: A celestial body, known as the antimoon, passes between the sun and moon. This projects a shadow upon the moon.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by eriktheawful

According to the FAQ section on their wiki page:

Q: "What about Lunar Eclipses?" A: A celestial body, known as the antimoon, passes between the sun and moon. This projects a shadow upon the moon.

Woah! Say what?

A celestial body known as the 'antimoon' ?

omg......

Oh me, oh my. How does that saying go?

"Oh what a tangled web do we weave, when we practice to deceive."

So, there's a body in orbit (uhm.....orbit.....flat Earth.....I'm having issues again....),...that blocks out the sun light, and produces Lunar Eclipses.......

Riiiiight.

And of course there is no way for any of us to detect this body, correct? I mean it can block sunlight, but it can't block star light?

Oh wait, let me guess: it stays in front of the sun because it orbits closer to the sun, just right so that it's never far from Earth so we can have lunar eclipses, AND it varies in size to give the different types of lunar eclipses that we experience.......

Oh, and it absorbs ALL radiation, so that it can not be detected through thermal means (like with IR).

Hey! It just hit me!

It must be Nibiru!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by gravitor

Your response seems to read like it's more on par with something that belongs in the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum and you haven't put out any real substance that's up for debate in this particular thread. There's nothing wrong with sharing ideas. I read through those kinds of threads often because I feel like I learn new things all the time and I like reading the different ideas being put out there. But I don't usually reply unless something catches my interest and I want to read more.

I was under the impression you wanted to debate the fact that the earth is spherical, not flat. My mistake, sorry.
edit on 13-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

Cop out.

The Earth is both flat and spherical.
I am debating how multiple flat earths criss cross each other to form spherical illusions of spheroids.
This is a holographic in nature universe.
You are a tiny such hologram.
You think You are seperate, as You think the earth etc are seperate, they are not.
This is a solid universe composed of a geometric matrix substance that is akin to a framework or screen that enables conciouscness to enable local memory .

Many mock the flat earthers, I see the seperate round earthers in the same way....limited.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Oh wait, I've a question for the Flat Earthers. Not sure if it's been covered here or not yet.

If the Earth is flat........then what causes Lunar Eclipses ?

Less light.
You should with respect consider very carefully what light is, and how it occurs....it does not travel...there is no speed of light.

gravitor

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
What I would like to know is if there are really people who actually believe the Earth is Flat?

How can this be even possible that there are people who would believe that?

There is a Speed of Light though. We can calculate it. It is approx. 186,300 Miles per second. It takes about 8 Minutes for our Suns Light to reach Earth. Radio Waves are on the EM scale and also travel at about the same speed. That is why when we send a Radio Signal to a Space Craft...there is a Delay in the Time Response as the further away from Earth they are...the longer the delay. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
What I would like to know is if there are really people who actually believe the Earth is Flat?

There is a Speed of Light though. We can calculate it. It is approx. 186,300 Miles per second. It takes about 8 Minutes for our Suns Light to reach Earth. Radio Waves are on the EM scale and also travel at about the same speed. That is why when we send a Radio Signal to a Space Craft...there is a Delay in the Time Response as the further away from Earth they are...the longer the delay. Split Infinity

How do you know the speed of light? I think you believe that is the speed of light, there is no way for you to verify that.

Have you ever saw the tapes of astronauts talking to mission control, where there is no delay.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Oh wait, I've a question for the Flat Earthers. Not sure if it's been covered here or not yet.

If the Earth is flat........then what causes Lunar Eclipses ?

I don't know what causes eclipse, nor claim to know.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
seeing as this is clearly a troll thread, can we get the green light off mods to rip the bejayzus out of those upholding this crud?

please, everyone has banged their heads against the brick wall of FE posters single minded ignorance, they deserve to have some fun now.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

There is a small delay during Low Orbit Shuttle Missions but the Lunar Missions had a good deal of delay. Plus there is a Large amount of Delay when sending a signal to a Mars Rover. It takes some time.

The Sped of Light is easily calculated and you should Google how it is done. There is much to read about it. Also...every Time you see a Bolt of Lightning...you have to wait for the time it takes for sound to get to you as you will see the Flash and then wait for the Thunder which is the result of a Lightning Bolt creating a Vacuum where the air was where the lightning bolt traveled. The air that rushes back in to fill this space of vacuum travels at a speed faster than sound so you get a sonic boom. But it is easy to calculate both the speed of light as well as the distance of how far the lightning bolt is from you.

You take the distance by measuring the speed of sound and calculate the time it takes you to hear the Thunder and you get distance....then you take the distance of the lightning bolt from your position...and using the speed of sound you can calculate how fact the light traveled to your eyes by taking distance and use the ratios of the speed of sound multiplied by the distance and ths a ratio is established.

There are much more precise scientific ways by using light detectors and a laser beam. We set up a Laser Reflector on the Moon so we can shine a Laser at it and the bean reflects back to us and by measuring the time it takes to register back...can determine the exact distance of the Moon from Earth. There are a Multitude of ways to measure the speed of light. I am surprised you are arguing this point. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Please explain what light is and how it occurs. As I understand it, light is made of photons and they travel at the speed of 299,792,458 kilometers per second.

As for your cop out comment--well, a debate usually consists of one person making a claim with evidence to back it up. Someone else will come along and say, "You're wrong, here's why." Since you have brought no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim, a debate cannot occur. I cannot say you are wrong or show that you are wrong because you have brought nothing to the table but your personal belief with zero evidence to back it up.
edit on 14-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (not meters, silly!)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Being an electronics engineer who works with fiber optical devices, and an amateur astronomer who does astrophotography, I'm quite aware of what light is, and yes, it has a speed that can be measured.

Light is made up of photons that are subatomic particles that act as both a particle and a wave.

They are produced by excitation of an electron. The electron will move to a higher orbit around the nucleus, but can not remain there. So it will drop back down in it's orbit. In order to do this, it must loose that energy, which it does by releasing a photon.

The speed at which electromagnetic energy travels is a very measurable thing.

If this energy did not travel at the speed it travels, or at all, there are many electronic and electrical devices that you use on a daily basis that would not work at all.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

How do you know the speed of light? I think you believe that is the speed of light, there is no way for you to verify that.

Have you ever saw the tapes of astronauts talking to mission control, where there is no delay.

Experiments have been carried out and it has been calculated directly. We did this when we were in middle school, again in high school, again in college.
Here are some extremely easy ones that you might be able to comprehend.

www.ehow.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Being an electronics engineer who works with fiber optical devices, and an amateur astronomer who does astrophotography, I'm quite aware of what light is, and yes, it has a speed that can be measured.

Light is made up of photons that are subatomic particles that act as both a particle and a wave.

They are produced by excitation of an electron. The electron will move to a higher orbit around the nucleus, but can not remain there. So it will drop back down in it's orbit. In order to do this, it must loose that energy, which it does by releasing a photon.

If this energy did not travel at the speed it travels, or at all, there are many electronic and electrical devices that you use on a daily basis that would not work at all.

dont be ridiculous, coming here with your reasonable attitude, real life experience and clear scientific approach.

light consists of particles of dust that have become adhered to the bioluminescent clothes moths that fell out of god's sleeve when he banged the cosmic torch (whose purpose is to provide heat only, dummy) on the sink, due to it's battery connector temporarily failing, as i mentioned earlier.. didn't you read the thread? jeeeez

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The more you post, the more you sound like a person who hasn't been educated a single moment of his life.

You continue to post scientific fallacies on a grand scale (self-lit moon, speed of light impossible to measure etc), while failing to answer questions addressed at you. How do you even have the decency to keep making claims in this thread where you have made a complete fool of yourself?

Gravitor, you seem to be a person that holds himself in high enough regard not to let questions go by, perhaps you can provide us with your input - how come the moon is sometime a full sphere, sometimes half a sphere, sometime crescent etc if it is not round, ball shaped?
edit on 14-9-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Please tell me how you have verified the speed of light if you would be so kind.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

dont be ridiculous, coming here with your reasonable attitude, real life experience and clear scientific approach.

light consists of particles of dust that have become adhered to the bioluminescent clothes moths that fell out of god's sleeve when he banged the cosmic torch (whose purpose is to provide heat only, dummy) on the sink, due to it's battery connector temporarily failing, as i mentioned earlier.. didn't you read the thread? jeeeez

I'm sorry for that.

I guess I shouldn't point out how radars work either then, eh?

Or Propagation delay......

or any of the other practical effects of finitness.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Please tell me how you have verified the speed of light if you would be so kind.

this is covered in a post three up from your current reply, and i fear that i may be guilty of an assumption in presuming you can count that high...

Experiments have been carried out and it has been calculated directly. We did this when we were in middle school, again in high school, again in college.

linked to here...

www.ehow.com...

which neatly states that observing the role of light can give students a better understanding of the world around them.

you really need this, do the reading and experiment a little, the sacred texts link and related experiment that you posted was laughable.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I, myself, have never attempted to measure the speed of light on my own. However it is elementary school basic knowledge that it is possible to measure. We actually did this one day at science class. We used, with the help of our teacher ofcourse, the rotating mirror method used by Foucault, as shown in the following; (one out of several)
Here are several methods that were used in order to measure the speed of light, starting from way back in 1667 onto today

Now let me guess - you are going to dismiss it entirely while embracing the theories of your loony friends from that homepage of your's, just because I personally did not measure it but did it in a group. Right?

You wanna tell me that by reading your own posts, you don't agree that you give the impression of a person who is foreign to technology and science? I don't what would be a more fitting title - an Amish member or a Caveman.
edit on 14-9-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join