It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Nice TRY you may have done better using crayons & paper then taking a picture of it, you see using grown ups software you can show this.

or this

Using ahmm one of your efforts

I can draw a straight line along the surface, try it with the cloud layers above

Unless of course you think the atmosphere is flat like the flat Earthers head.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

three words

fish eye lenses

I love your enthusiam Another_Nut and so I gave your post a star, and while I'm not gonna resort to name-calling like some others here, I do think that in order to substantiate your claims the Earth is flat I think people are going to need more evidence than drawing lines across horizons. I want to see mathematical proof. Something that can't be refuted.

I agree that after looking at various photos (with different cameras) of Earth's horizons at simlar heights to the Felix base-jump that, yes, they probably used a fish-eyed lense. I saw a video of a ballon that had a camera strapped to it that went up 90,000 feet and there was no noticeable curvature that I could see, depending on how the camera swayed sometimes it looked curved, concave, or flat. Given how massive the Earth is though I'm not sure a curve that is noticeable to the naked-eye should even be present at these heights. Just think how big the Earth is relative to how small going up 90,000 feet is. It would probably be comparable to microscopic bacteria on a beach ball being elevated above the beach ball a few millimeters or something.

If you have any other proof other than the lines across the horizon which I don't think is proof, I'd like to see it. On a side-note, I did come across a bizzare video today from a Flat-Earth proponent of clouds that were seemingly disappearing behind the Sun and Moon. If you type "YouTube Clouds Behind Sun and Moon" you'll see them. It was pretty weird.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

your post is dishonest and just sad. just like i said

now i await your excuse or dismissal because of some nonsense you are sure to come up with

and you didnt disappoint did you

here is a pic you say proves curvature

here is a pic , using you logic , that also proves curvature

but then you change your tune then met with someone who doesnt play with crayons (i use photoshop for the record) and try to post my pic with a red line along the horizon and with some sort of nonsense that is only meant to confuse

I can draw a straight line along the surface, try it with the cloud layers above

Unless of course you think the atmosphere is flat like the flat Earthers head.

what?! just what?! cloud layers? clouds have differing thicknesses so NO you dont use pics with clouds in them. you want a clear clean cloudless pic to see the horizon and to see if that horizon if flat or curved.

this will be my LAST reply to you on these boards. as you have shown time and time again you want no part in honest debate or exchanging of ideas between free thinkers

you like your box and you want to spout obvious nonsense in this thread and others

good luck with your name calling and attempts to belittle . i will no longer take part in thick headed discussions with you.

a reply to: Nathan-D
thank you Nathan

I love your enthusiam Another_Nut and so I gave your post a star, and while I'm not gonna resort to name-calling like some others here, I do think that in order to substantiate your claims the Earth is flat I think people are going to need more evidence than drawing lines across horizons.

first off i agree with you and because of someones complete intellectual dishonesty i will no longer be replying to that person. as you can see from the post above you wmd will make up things and actually disprove his own ideas

second off im not a flatearther. i like ideas and debate . i like to approach an idea with an open mind and i find it helps in many ways but some people dont want debate or think critically. they dont want to believe their beliefs are infallible. they want to be "right" and often that forms a confirmation bias , again as can be seen in the post above mine.

I agree that after looking at various photos (with different cameras) of Earth's horizons at simlar heights to the Felix base-jump that, yes, they probably used a fish-eyed lense. I saw a video of a ballon that had a camera strapped to it that went up 90,000 feet and there was no noticeable curvature that I could see, depending on how the camera swayed sometimes it looked curved, concave, or flat.

it was and most,if not all, the vids you will see of the upper atmosphere will use fisheyes to give that curvature look. you have to find amateur vids such as the lego man the vid posted by wmd to see a non fish eye view.

Given how massive the Earth is though I'm not sure a curve that is noticeable to the naked-eye should even be present at these heights. Just think how big the Earth is relative to how small going up 90,000 feet is. It would probably be comparable to microscopic bacteria on a beach ball being elevated above the beach ball a few millimeters or something

that may be true but lets see what wmd posted from a pilot who says

From a friend who was a military pilot, and from sources such as the many books I have read on the SR-71 and U-2 it can be said that this doesn't appear until you get up to 55K-60K feet.

now these pics are from twice that height

If you have any other proof other than the lines across the horizon which I don't think is proof, I'd like to see it.

like most things data can be interpreted in many ways . like the 2 sticks to measure the circumference of the earth
one interpretation is a close, small sun ,one is a far large sun
i cant provide proof. if i did i would tell you im a flatearther . i can only say that i like looking into it. there are some experiments that i find fascinating and i wish i had the time and money to replicate them . hell i wouldnt mind trying to book a trip over the artic circle just to see if those routes are faked. but alas im not able to.

ill dig up some links or you can just google

id start here www.debate.org...

and i can only say that if it interests you i would suggest looking further into the topic

edit on pm720153101America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jul 2015 13:58:11 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

three words

Are you serious?

fish eye lenses

And yet none were used with the first video of Felix Baumgartner's space jump...

IN-FLIGHT CAMERAS

CAPSULE

Nine high-definition cameras
Three 4K (4,000 x 2,000-pixel) digital cinematography cameras
Three high-resolution digital still cameras
Pressurized electronics "keg" containing more than 125 electronic components and approximately two miles of wiring
PRESSURE SUIT

Three small high-definition video cameras: one on each thigh and one on Felix's chest pack

www.redbullstratos.com...

Don't see anything about fish eye lenses, but it is fun to repeat nonsense.

now here we have a non fisheye video . pause it at 18 sec or just look at the pre vid pic

You had one in the in the first video.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

this will be my LAST reply to you on these boards. as you have shown time and time again you want no part in honest debate or exchanging of ideas between free thinkers

There are free thinkers and then there are ridiculous thinkers...and I know where the flat earth believers fall and it isn't free.

Free thinking is great...but there comes a time when common sense should kick in.

like most things data can be interpreted in many ways . like the 2 sticks to measure the circumference of the earth

Actually there is only two...the right way and the wrong way...really because when done the right way it shows the earh is round.

Do it the wrong way and we get what we have here...science is wrong and the string between trees is the proof.

So which way have you done it?

Really because this makes me wonder...

Hard evidence that the earth is not a globe

A. Intuition

If i tell you your not reading words right now you would laugh and reject it. And rightful so. Intuition is powerful indicator of what is true and what if more likely true. You tell me earth is round is telling me to reject what my eyes tell me. Dont tell me to reject that. Simple proof there. The burden of proof should be on con becacuse a round earth is violating intuition. If con no have convincing arguments a flat earth is assumed

The common sense of man tells him - if nothing else told him - that there is an "up" and a "down" in -nature, even as regards the heavens and the earth; but the theory of modern astronomers necessitates the conclusion that there is not: therefore, 'the theory of the astronomers is opposed to common sense - yes, and to inspiration - and this is a common sense proof that the Earth is not a globe.

B. Experamental evidence

Yes, believe or not there is experamental proof of a flat earth.

like from the english mechanic. The english mechanic is a peer reviewed science journal. Before round earth bias was speread they published this

www.debate.org...

So it's intuition and exparemental proof (not experimental), is proof that your going to use as a source...okay.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

what a red herring. it doesnt say ANYTHING about the type of lenses used

so how do you know what lenses were used ?

i know because i watched the video of the jump and you can clearly see the distortion

here is a vid in which he mentions different lenses . he doesnt say what kind but we know there were differing types

in this next video we can clearly see the distortion from inside the capsule

in the first few sec of this next video we can also observe the distortion from outside the capsule

keep trying or find me a non distorted pic from the mission

ETA
www.redbullusa.com...

Adventure sports photographer Christian Pondella, who was brought in as a consultant early in the still camera system’s development to provide input on lenses and camera mount positions, opted for still cameras with small bodies yet large resolution, and suggested a 14mm wide-angle lens to capture Baumgartner’s exit from the capsule, as well as a 64-gigabyte flash card that has a high rate of speed in addition to high capacity.

a reply to: tsurfer2000h

blah blah ...your reading comprehension needs some work. you obviously didnt read the EXPERIMENTS part

not surprising. not uprising at all

what i said was

...there are some experiments that i find fascinating and i wish i had the time and money to replicate them . hell i wouldnt mind trying to book a trip over the artic circle just to see if those routes are faked. but alas im not able to.

ill dig up some links or you can just google

and now i add another ignorant person i will not be replying to

good day
edit on pm720153104America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jul 2015 16:01:23 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

blah blah ...your reading comprehension needs some work. you obviously didnt read the EXPERIMENTS part

It was Exparementals that you said and I don't know what that is, but experimental is something I know. And you do know I was talking about your source where that was written, so my reading comprehension is just fine.

and now i add another ignorant person i will not be replying to

Having your beliefs challenged must really get to you since your not replying to a couple of members in this thread alone. who challenged your belief...but I can't say it isn't expected.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

NO the only person that is sad and dishonest is YOU nut , now you are going for the petulant child ploy by not replying now that is sad it shows you have NO conviction regarding your stance on the subject because you KNOW you are wrong.

The pictures I did an adjustment on was to to show the layers in the atmosphere put the line at a tangent in the middle and the curvature can be seen !

The actual surface is not clear in the pictures,but having seen and replied to your post on here before I know what you are like if anyone is arrogant or ignorant you are right at the top mate !

Your reaction on here will speak volumes to others reading the posts whats even better is that those pictures from the youtube videos are not the most obvious to show curvature.

How about this. (right click on image then view image for a larger view)

I have even screen captured the exif data so people can see the focal length of the lens by the way to be classed as a fish eye lens the lens has to show 180 degree or above field of view so technically even gopro cameras don't have a fish eye classed lens.

As everyone can see the above shot is at 24mm they were using a Nikon D4.
It's a still from a timelapse which can be seen HERE now all the members can check for themselves so lets see if your NADS haven't totally shriveled up.
edit on 1-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Wow I am surprised how duplicitous this site really is
Flat Earth theory is physically impossible given the constraint of gravity
and dubious even without that predication of knowledge
that people contemplate issues like this while resorting to classless personal travesties against real secret bearers
the hypocrisy is astounding but predictable among truth poachers

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumina233

that people contemplate issues like this while resorting to classless personal travesties against real secret bearers

Hahaha haha ....and i quote

Flat-Earthers are so stupid that they do not even belong on a site like this. But it is hard to convince someone so stupid of anything other than their own stupidity

those stupid stupidheads!

Hypocrite much? Still wondering why your 9/11 thread was brought down....even tho it wasn't posted in the 9/11 forum?

Still see those batman aliens?

What. A.joke
edit on pm820153110America/ChicagoSat, 01 Aug 2015 22:43:44 -0500_8000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

originally posted by: Illumina233

Hahaha haha ....and i quote

Flat-Earthers are so stupid that they do not even belong on a site like this. But it is hard to convince someone so stupid of anything other than their own stupidity

those stupid stupidheads!

Hypocrite much? Still wondering why your 9/11 thread was brought down....even tho it wasn't posted in the 9/11 forum?

Still see those batman aliens?

What. A.joke

Wow it looks like you take a keen interest in my posts considering the second quote was from quite a long time ago
You are probably right about the 9/11 forum being the reason for being taken down...but how would you know about that considering the post was taken down?
but coming from someone who calls himself "Another_Nut" it doesn't sting that bad
I don't really consider myself a joke.
And neither should you
I am a sensible and smart person...and yes it might have been partially classless to debase the proponents of a theory worthy of derision as stupid...it might be slightly hypocritical to take umbrage at people assailing me.
nevertheless unlike people dumb enough to believe that even though the sun is round and the moon is round that somehow the earth is flat...physics just doesn't work like that...I don't spew baseless garbage on the net because I'm fatuous and ignorant...my complaint is that when legitimate events occur and you have documented proof of their occurrence it should be proper not to impugn them baselessly on perceived demerits...I stand by my account and I know it really occurred.
By the way why have you been trailing all of my posts? that seems suspicious it is as if you are going out of your way to deride me for things that are rather inconsequential
It is not like flat earth theory needs to be debunked because it is some pressing secret

edit on 1-8-2015 by Illumina233 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

www.google.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

.........................................................................................................

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gestas
en.wikipedia.org...

www.google.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

.........................................................................................................

this immediately invalidates flat earthers entirely...how can you sail to Asia from the United States if the world is flat??
it should be immediately obvious the earth is round

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumina233

.....considering the second quote was from quite a long time ago

yeah...2 weeks...such a long time

You are probably right about the 9/11 forum being the reason for being taken down...but how would you know about that considering the post was taken down?

no i am right . i know because you cant create a thread in the 9/11 forum until your wats is over 10 .

I am a sensible and smart person...

no .. no you are not. you type text walls . you think 2 weeks ago is a long time. you try to use big words in an attempt to make yourself out to be intelligent.

these are the signs of a young adult with inadequacy issues who will revert to, what amounts to,calling someone "stupid stupidhead"

if you joined june 3rd chances are you got out of class may 2x .

and yes it might have been partially classless to debase the proponents of a theory worthy of derision as stupid...it might be slightly hypocritical to take umbrage at people assailing me.

no .. it is outright hypocrisy. and noone assailed you . you came to this thread posting insults like "truth poachers" and "hypocrits"

nevertheless unlike people dumb enough to believe that even though the sun is round and the moon is round that somehow the earth is flat...

and now you are drawing false conclusions that everything round has to be a sphere and at the same time calling someone "dumb". do you not see the humor in that?

.I don't spew baseless garbage on the net because I'm fatuous and ignorant..

yes...yes you do. and here are some examples

One of them landed near my apartment complex it looked like a futuristic batmobile like in The Dark Knight but more blocky with black colors on it. I went outside my balcony to check it out but it made a noise and scared me to death so I went back inside. When I went back out it disappeared... I must have seen four different UFOs that night

Time travel is evident based on masonic lore
For masons which movies seem to be most key for understanding future events?

for some reason I posted a thread about hidden in plain sight 9/11 references and it got censored after only 25 minutes and I was not perpetrating a hoax or doing anything that violates the rules...I guess it hit the core of the conspiracy movement and thus was immediately censored...not classy by a site that claims to be a repository of secrets

you do it often , and whats worse you do it willfully

my complaint is that when legitimate events occur and you have documented proof of their occurrence it should be proper not to impugn them baselessly on perceived demerits

yet

I stand by my account and I know it really occurred.

if you have proof dont "stand by your account" present the "documented proof"

man i cant wait for school to start again...

ETA

no no it doesnt prove a spherical earth . east to west circumnavigation can be accomplished on a flat earth. its actually just going in circle on top of a disc shape

north to south circumnavigation cant be done on a flat earth.

and to go north to south you have to cross the poles in order to prove spherical earth .so it really cant be done on a spherical earth either without the use of planes. of which, flat earthers claim , there are none that have done it

and this is why you have much learning to do padawan

EETA

lemmings like yourself...
Clearly subscribing to flat-earth theory is a sign of stupidity

i will just reply with

it might have been partially classless to debase the proponents of a theory worthy of derision as stupid...it might be slightly hypocritical to take umbrage at people assailing me.

and good luck with your classes and bullies this fall
EEETA

Alright I am not going to get in a flame war with a flat-earther

i am not , for the record , a flat earther. and i have never claimed to be

i am a debater who likes to think critically of things we sometimes take for granted

Do you not understand the fundamental principle of gravity

do you not understand we have no idea what gravity is or really how it works? we can only try to describe its effects, which may be manipulated or just plain wrong?

In addition why would NASA fake its satellite imagery?

HELLO! this is ATS! why wouldnt they? and why would they tell me why they fake their pics. but there are a lot of ideas that poeple have come up with

How could satellites so seamlessly traverse a so-called disc shaped earth over and over again even when it traverses from south to north or conversely sometimes?

im iso non governmental "polar orbiting " satellites

somehow being a disc-shape would enable circumnavigation?

yes . yes it does . if you imagine looking down at a flat earth then "east to west" is simply a circle

science mocks your flat-earther nonsense

it also mocks your , and i quote ,

firm progressive Christian
beliefs too. but that doesnt mean its right. and again it is not "my " flat earther nonsense as i have never claimed to be a flatearther nor have i ever claimed the earth is flat

as a matter of fact just like flat earth i often defend religion on this site even though i have no belief in a supernatural creator

again, i just like to think critically about things and debate. but then you have people such as yourself and wmd and tsurfer where there are only personal insults and attacks . its sad.

dont worry you are young and have plenty of time to think about things

edit on am820153112America/ChicagoSun, 02 Aug 2015 00:33:00 -0500_8000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

.....considering the second quote was from quite a long time ago

yeah...2 weeks...such a long time

no i am right . i know because you cant create a thread in the 9/11 forum until you wats is over 10 .

I am a sensible and smart person...

no .. no you are not. you type text walls . you think 2 weeks ago is a long time. you try to use big words to try and make yourself out to be intelligent.

these are the signs of a young adult with inadequacy issues who will revert ,to what amounts to, "stupid stupidhead" replys

if you joined june 3rd chances are you got out of class may 2x .

and yes it might have been partially classless to debase the proponents of a theory worthy of derision as stupid...it might be slightly hypocritical to take umbrage at people assailing me.

no .. it is outright hypocrisy

nevertheless unlike people dumb enough to believe that even though the sun is round and the moon is round that somehow the earth is flat...

and now you are drawing false conclusions that everything round has to be a sphere

.I don't spew baseless garbage on the net because I'm fatuous and ignorant..

yes...yes you do

One of them landed near my apartment complex it looked like a futuristic batmobile like in The Dark Knight but more blocky with black colors on it. I went outside my balcony to check it out but it made a noise and scared me to death so I went back inside. When I went back out it disappeared... I must have seen four different UFOs that night

Time travel is evident based on masonic lore
For masons which movies seem to be most key for understanding future events?

for some reason I posted a thread about hidden in plain sight 9/11 references and it got censored after only 25 minutes and I was not perpetrating a hoax or doing anything that violates the rules...I guess it hit the core of the conspiracy movement and thus was immediately censored...not classy by a site that claims to be a repository of secrets

you do it often , and whats worse you do it willfully

my complaint is that when legitimate events occur and you have documented proof of their occurrence it should be proper not to impugn them baselessly on perceived demerits

yet

I stand by my account and I know it really occurred.

if you have proof dont "stand by your account" present the "documented proof"

man i cant wait for school to start again...

Alright I am not going to get in a flame war with a flat-earther
basically it is impossible to circumnavigate the world if the world is flat yet it has been accomplished many times dating back centuries...so you think in the 1600s people deliberately lied about that because they were supporting a scientific conspiracy? Do you not understand the fundamental principle of gravity which dictates that all things being equal mass gravitates towards the center of an object ( well to be more specific mass attracts mass, so objects agglomerate around a central piece of mass which in turn attracts more mass so in reality it attracts towards the center) ? In consequence most objects in the universe would thus be spherical rather than flat...In addition why would NASA fake its satellite imagery? What would they gain from such an undertaking? nothing at all.
Ok hypocrisy might be one thing but subscribing to one of the most boneheaded theories of all time is another one entirely
I sleep better at night knowing I have graduated from fatuous sophomoric theories that amount to but a mere curiosity that preoccupies lemmings like yourself...
Clearly subscribing to flat-earth theory is a sign of stupidity
Flame me all you want but I won't waste my time responding
How could satellites so seamlessly traverse a so-called disc shaped earth over and over again even when it traverses from south to north or conversely sometimes? and somehow being a disc-shape would enable circumnavigation? That doesn't make any reasonable sense.
Face it, science mocks your flat-earther nonsense because there is incontrovertible evidence that the earth is indeed a sphere just like the Sun and the Moon. As below so above remember that

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If the moon, sun, mars and all other photographed planets are round, then the earth is also round.
Just look at some water floating in the air inside the space shuttle....it instantly turns into a sphere.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I thought flat earthers were all trolls who were looking to win debates on a subject they know is pure rubbish. How could anyone really believe it?

You'd have to assume that thousands and thousands of scientists are idiots for not realizing the earth is flat and wasting their lives researching things that are not based on reality.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I'd say it's about 90% people in on the joke and 10% ignorant/dim witted/crazy.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I agree, its a touchy subject by those unwilling to challenge authority.

So, here goes again... sigh..

Quote -
In Fig.2 on the left you are looking at a demonstration model of the inside world (geocosmos) with Helmut Diehl. You are looking at the inside of the two halves of the earth. Surely you must have thought that the earth in Fig. 1 (photo) was a solid, convex sphere.

A satellite camera does not see anything different either when it uses curved light rays while photographing the inside of the earth. A satellite photo therefore, of the hollow earth, appears to us as a solid convex sphere, as shown in Fig.1.

Our old habits of thinking are deceiving us. After understanding this optical illusion you can switch back to the starting page.

On the other hand you may also want to look at the photograph of the optical illusion of North and South America which is shown in Fig. 3.

The comparison between the satellite photo and the photos made of the inside world model is not 100 % correct. A satellite photo produces the optical illusion using the curved light rays. The photos made of the inside earth model (geocosmos) causes an optical illusion due to our habits of thinking. In the photos taken I cut off the part that showed the shell around the hemisphere. If instead I had left it on, we would recognize that this photo was taken of a hemisphere. As long as the surrounding area of the hemisphere is black we assume it to be space.

www.rolf-keppler.de...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I found it very interesting to entertain the idea that there aren't people living in middle earth, but rather, we are. What if as this man above has stated then this is 'agartha' and the outside is being blocked/guarded. Like old writings of fire blocking the way by means of giant beings as so none can escape. Just a thought that crossed my mind today.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join