It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Originally posted by gravitor

So this will be My last reply on this thread.

gravitor

Last reply? Fail.

It was simply good manners to reply, You can rest assured this is My last reply on this thread.
Have a nice day.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Aw can you not answer my confusing questions before you go ?
2nd

Sorry..NO.
Captainpudding has declared Me mentally deficient, and some nice men have arrived with a jacket that fastens up at the back....so My fingers won't be able to reach the buttons, sorry.
They won't remove the jacket until I agree that the earth is a football.
gravitor

Type with your nose

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

But that's captainpudding ... The questions I asked were mine not theirs. Despite what others say if you believe the earth is flat you should ignore what others say and help the people asking questions. The way I see if the earth is flat at some point you will have to come to an edge

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Reading this makes me ill.
I am nearly speechless.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeWayz

In order for the Earth to be flat a lot of people would have to be lieing, so for that reason I believe these people think every one is lieing. According to the Bible every one is a demon so maybe it's the Bible that leads them to think that everyone lies. No offence to Christians or these people who believe the world is flat, I'm just trying to explain that the world is... most likely round.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The greeks figured out that the world was round because of the fact that we can only see something around 30 miles on the ocean before it moves out of view due to the curvature of the earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Thanks for the read OP. I needed a laugh today.

I am with you I needed the laugh. As if it were flat you could not travel to the edge today. Lol. He seems so serious about it. That is even more scary than the theory lol.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
The greeks figured out that the world was round because of the fact that we can only see something around 30 miles on the ocean before it moves out of view due to the curvature of the earth.

The horizon is only about 3 miles away for someone of average height standing on a beach.

For an observer standing on the ground with h = 1.70 metres (5 ft 7 in) (average eye-level height), the horizon is at a distance of 4.7 kilometres (2.9 mi).

Horizon Distance

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes I can relate to this. Wake up people, the earth isnt what they told you what it is. Amd people who mock this idea are plain ignorant and have no clue what they know or dont know. And are talking parrotwardly.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StrangeWayz

Nevermind

edit on 3-3-2015 by lambs to lions because: Edit

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: coyote66

Hey Coyote, if you know something I don't is love to hear it. Feel free to U2U

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The flat earth society is nothing but an elaborate troll - it is an extremely dry sarcastic commentary on human thought - All of our brains are geared for "magical" thinking - from the brightest to the most dull, we all have a tendency for illogical thinking, and the vast majority have no inkling they're participating in it. There may be a few "true believers" but I get the feeling most of it is a sarcastic commentary on popular thought, and pseudo-intellectualism.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: downtown436
Ok, here is why I think the Earth is indeed a sphere.

I have been in a lake, that was dead calm, like glass, and looked across the water with my eye only an inch or two above the water at a sailboat across the lake. I could only see the sail, not the boat. Why???? Because you can actually see the curvature of the earth if you have a big enough body of water. Meaning that there was a hill of water between me and the boat.
This is not necessarily the case. You can put a camera at ground level at water and even at distances of 6 miles and beyond there won't always be noticeable drop-off. There is probably a simple explanation for this but it can and does happen and there is plenty of video demonstration of this on YouTube. My question to anyone who believes the Earth is flat is, why was there an obvious curve when that Felix guy recently base-jumped from 28,000 feet? I asked this question to some guy a few months ago and his argument was that gravity bends the light from Earth and merely gives the illusion of a curve. By my understanding people who propose this theory argue that no actual photograph or video-recording of Earth from space has been taken and that the ones that exist are either composites or faked in real-time as the documentary 'A Funny Thing Happened on The Way to The Moon' argues. The footage from the base-jump would have to be faked too, but it looked real enough to me and I'm not sure how they would go about faking it.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

three words

fish eye lenses

my god people call flat earthers crazy but wont , or cant(??),READ THE OP

and then expect anyone to take these debunkers seriously when they show they are terrible at reading and comprehension

instead they just parrot what they are told

What about amateur pictures from weather balloons where you can supposedly see the curvature of the planet?

Most of these endeavours use a fish-eye or other wide-angle lens. This provides a spectacular field of view, but also introduces barrel-distortion in the image.

Look at 1:33-1:36 in the video.
Look at 2:47-53 in the video
It's pretty clear that the horizon is flat when he opens the door to the capsule, and that it looks curved when seen from the wide angle view outside of the capsule. The horizon looks curved even at ground level from the outside cameras.
Some curvature should be evident from height above the portion of the earth lit by the sun. This is the boundary of the area illuminated, and not (necessarily) the bounds of the earth.

now here we have a non fisheye video . pause it at 18 sec or just look at the pre vid pic

that seems to be a flat horizon

could there be a reason for the horizon to be flat at that altitude?

maybe

but hen again maybe not
edit on pm720153106America/ChicagoWed, 29 Jul 2015 18:57:50 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
a reply to: Nathan-D

three words

fish eye lenses

Two letters BS

Explain the curvature seen on this to everybody.

I CAN'T WAIT to read your BS about this.

The only thing flat in the flat Earth theory is the believers HEADS

edit on 30-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
The only thing flat in the flat Earth theory is the believers HEADS

THIS.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

1:16

1:21

Please show me where the curvature in those photos are

Not to mention the entire video after 2 min shows no curvature that i can see

But I'll check closer tomorrow when I'm on my comp and post the results

But i see nothing but a flat horizon so far

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Some more info for nut and the flat Earthers

Pilots comments

The curvature of the Earth was visible on my Concorde flight, along with the darnkess of the sky. It wasn't black but very dark blue. I have not been able to see either features on a normal flight up to 40k

From a friend who was a military pilot, and from sources such as the many books I have read on the SR-71 and U-2 it can be said that this doesn't appear until you get up to 55K-60K feet.

Some info on Concorde

Whilst traditional subsonic jetliners usually reach a cruising altitude of thirty to thirty-five thousand feet, Concorde nearly doubles that, cruising at an altitude between fifty-five and sixty thousand feet

So nut are the Pilots lying.
edit on 30-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

No CURVE after 2:00 book that opticians appointment quick.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

hahahahahahahaha thats got to be the most ...well t&c ya know

i mean just the dishonesty of that pic

here (according to your own warped logic) you can see the curve of the earth from the ground

no thats not how it works

now for some honest pics

o look! the earth completely changed direction of curve!

yea ... no... the camera is wobbling on the end of the balloon therefore you make a line from edge of pic to edge and see if the earth goes above that line . that would prove curvature

you dont just draw a straight line ...thats just ignorant

and you dont just use one pic. i have tried to find ones where there are no clouds like...

tada. now i await your excuse or dismissal because of some nonsense you are sure to come up with

eta here is a little pic i made in paint just now to illustrate the point
blue ball = earth
black is space
yellow circle is the pic
red line is ...well... red line
hope this helps with your handicap

edit on pm720153105America/ChicagoThu, 30 Jul 2015 17:01:42 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join