It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It's still a little worrying that lobbyist groups are openly attending political conventions IMO.

I guess it's kind of ok, considering that Mr. Eastwood is a former politician.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

By your same standard, I could ask why is a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER running the country?

Uhhh...Obama was a constitutional lawyer, professor, state congressman,and senator......He's president because he was elected.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It was gross when he said we shouldn't close GITMO because we spent so much money
on it.......

I guess he sees money is more important than human rights
edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes , we should close Gitmo... and when Obama becomes president, he will close Gitmo...

Uhm, in Obama's second year as president, he will close Gitmo...

OK, in his third year as president, Obama will close...

wait... how many years has Obama had to close Gitmo?

Oh yes... FORWARD... in his next term, Obama will close Gitmo.

He hasn't yet because it's all George Bush's fault.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by pajoly

No, you're making a basic flaw in cognizant thought. Let me break it down for you, you simpleton. Obama has access to the time stream. Bush isn't even a real person, he's actually Obama in a mask. Obama, along with Biden (see Cheney) constructed this whole war back in 2001 and traveled to 2007 to campaign against it and everything else carried on in the previous administration.

Proof? Do I need proof that the sky is blue? The obvious is the obvious, man.

You may be right; they do have the same ears.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

In Obama's defense, it is possible that "I will close the doors to Guantanimo Bay" may have meant "I will close the doors to Guantanimo Bay... Uhm, each day after the prisoners have their short exercise break."

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

OK well maybe they will just stick with Biden and oh I dunno axelrod and Jarrett. They could bring back Anita Dunn for a cameo appearance.
In all seriousness though, I believe Charlie Crist is scheduled to speak. That was yesterday's leftover Republican Fla governor. Having lived in Fla during Crist's tenure, I do believe he is now in the party he belongs in.

Further research has turned up a celebrity sure to beat out the ratings of Clint.... Sandra fluke. I guess they are going to run with the whole "women deserve free contraceptives" theme, and it works great with the whole depopulation theme of Agenda 21. Of course that will just make it harder for Code Pink to make their obligatory flash run.

They also have Planned Parenthood and NARAL lined up....omg I was right about the agenda 21 thing....
cnsnews.com...

edit on 30-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
poor clint he was bombing pretty hard

kinda felt like watching a bunch of smart arse teenagers teasing and antagonizing your grandpa
why republicans?

really shameless!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by antar

It's still a little worrying that lobbyist groups are openly attending political conventions IMO.

I guess it's kind of ok, considering that Mr. Eastwood is a former politician.

Both sides have done that for decades. The GOP has some prominence in the NRA and AIPAC while the Democrats have prominence with Greenpeace, PETA, the Sierra Club, etc. it really isn't that shocking or that big of a deal, to be honest. If anything, the NRA should be considered among the most desirable advocacy groups in the US as they are directly defending a clearly stated Constitutional Right rather than pushing for something open to interpretation or not even mentioned in the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenie65
www.c-span.org...

Here's a link to the video.

Personally, I think Mr. Eastwood's presentation was dead on. Given his age he seemed to stumble a bit for the words, but I think he was dead on right.

Really awesome speach. Of course the mass media doesnt like it since its intelligent and honest. But I liked it a lot. Clint shows integrity and humanity.

edit on 31-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Clint's comments regarding the economy are shared by many uninformed citizens. Let's take a quick look at what got us here in the first place.

Clinton enacts NAFTA, and sells out to the Chinese, so now Communists are our main suppliers of goods and lack of jobs.

Bush spends like there is no tomorrow for 8, yes count em' 8 years, and begins the economic meltdown, along with being a warmonger.

Now we come to Obama, who is basically Bush jr.

When will the public wake up and see both sides are dooming this country and then pointing fingers at each other. Now we need a "businessman" as President? Romney may as well be a Texas oilman...wake up America.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It wasn't his finest moment, but parts of it worked. More misses then hits, though. I would not have let him speak, especially with him winging it. I'm not going to really bash him for it.

They should have had the guts to put Ron Paul up there in that spot.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Quite the shtick. Since when does anyone go around pretending to be a crazy senile person?

Really?

You are really asking when people started pretending in the context of this thread which is about an actor?

Heh..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
So a man comes out and says some # that makes sense, puts his own comedic spin on it, and people focus on him talking to a chair,as though he is a nutbag. An 80 something year old man can't falter in his speaking without being called senile,or accused of having dementia..Hopefully some of you will experience this yourselves someday. Maybe you will remember this when it happens. But you will probably have dementia and/or be too senile to realize wtf is even going on.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Woulda' been better coming from Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
Chuck Norris counted to infinity. Twice.
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Woulda' been better coming from Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
Chuck Norris counted to infinity. Twice.
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Jesus walked on water... Chuck Norris swims through land.

Anyway... Didn't watch. Didn't care. Still don't. TV rots the brain.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It was the most awkward speech I have ever seen in my life, the guy was talking to a CHAIR.

Clint is an ACTOR, why is he speaking at a political convention?

Are you serious? Do you try to look stupid? Ever seen any actors at Democrat conventions or making over the top adds in support of Democrats?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by AlreadyGone

In Obama's defense, it is possible that "I will close the doors to Guantanimo Bay" may have meant "I will close the doors to Guantanimo Bay... Uhm, each day after the prisoners have their short exercise break."

You know he was blocked at every turn by congress. Even Democrats in congress blocked every attempt he made. I know you know this because you care about politics and the truth so you have the facts on your side. Why you go out of your way to distort the truth about them is the weird part.

It just always makes me wonder whether or not you actually have decent arguments against the man when you parrot things most people know are untrue and are so easy to check out. Deny ignorance, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It was the most awkward speech I have ever seen in my life, the guy was talking to a CHAIR.

Clint is an ACTOR, why is he speaking at a political convention?

Are you serious? Do you try to look stupid? Ever seen any actors at Democrat conventions or making over the top adds in support of Democrats?

I would just love to see an example of anything from any DNC that is is anywhere near as crazy.
Unless you are trying to look stupid?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
I'm going to go with fantastic. I just watched the whole thing - it was nice not to hear the same old partisan crap. He was speaking for the frustrated American, and there are a lot of them out there, be it Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, etc. It felt real, it felt authentic, it felt, well, like it had feeling. Kudos to Clint. (And this is coming from a "liberal" who voted for Obama).

Oh, and btw, this is the best thing that could happen to Obama at the RNC. NO ONE is talking about Romney's blah blah blah speech, and EVERYONE is talking about Clint's.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join