It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it a 'speech'. It was more like an informal fireside chat, but instead of a fireplace there was an empty chair (Las Vegas Style). Keeping that in mind it was .... okay. I thought Rubio did a much better job.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

errrr....
I don't know.
What did he say?

Yeah. That is the real question.

Even if you listened to every word.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I thought it was good. I'm willing to bet he is more of a libertarian than a republican. It was said in a round about way as to not offend republicans but he made bringing the troops home an issue. I also liked how he reminded people that the US president is the employee of the people and America belongs to every American. In my view it wasn't a very partisan speech. It could have been viewed as disrespectful to the President but the US President (a public servant) is not the sun god Ra and you can't expect to be President without having to listen to people who are vocally critical of your performance. Bush, Clinton and every President before them all experienced it.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha
I thought it was good. I'm willing to bet he is more of a libertarian than a republican..

He says he is fiscally conservative and socially liberal.
That sounds pretty much like a libertarian if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Heh. Comment of the day: "It wasn't so much 'Dirty Harry,' more like 'Gran Torino' and he was telling Obama 'Get off my lawn.'" Perfect.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Perfect SonOfTheLawOfOne! I could not have responded better! Some people just don't get it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Clints not a poltician so dont expect him to talk like one. hes speaking in his own way with no teleprompter and saying what he thinks. For people knocking him why dont you go make your own speech and put it on a new thread for critique.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
he was clearly nervous and out of focus
his speech wasnt normal at all .. he showed many signs that he wasnt thinking straight
maybe he had to return back a favor from the old time when he became rich ?
he had to read the telepromter and make his silly speech about Obama
and look like a fool in front of everyone
but i think he made his worst act ever on purpose ..
very clever of him if i think about his performance that way
if he have familly and grand kids they can make him do a speech about mickey mouse or worst
a famous actor making such poor performance make us questions more the behind the scene

i knew something wasnt making sens when i saw his complete speech
we already know the entire convention is riggued so Clint was surely riggued to
he wasnt given much choice to make that speech so he made sure
that it would be the worst performance of his career
that alone mean a lot

so please people be open minded and dont think Clint was crazy or drunk
edit on 8/31/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yeah, I didn't know this was "normal behaviour" in U.S. elections and I didn't mean to criticize lobbyism at the GOP exclusively either... both your parties should stop it.

Lobbyism has no place in genuine democratic elections anywhere from anyone period.
The fact that you don't think this is "that big of a deal" is even more worrying to be honest.
edit on 31-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Personally, I thought his speech was fantastic and right on.
I especially loved it when he said, "We own this country" and that the politicians are our employees.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 31-8-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I thought it was pretty funny...and a nice change of pace.
One thing is for certain...the man showed some guts: standing up as a conservative for a member of Hollywierd...is generally the kiss of death for most actors in the industry. I'm sure he'll become a target for the Hollywood limosine-liberals.
edit on 31-8-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
I especially loved it when he said, "We own this country" and that the politicians are our employees.

Replace "We" by "NWO"

Thats the real meaning !
the "WE" is just an illusion for the sheoples
and look NWO is just beside the WE in "OWN"
why did he not said "AMERICANS OWN THIS COUNTRY"
whos the "WE" ??

come on people .. take the red pill asap
NO stop taking your pills .. bad reference sorry about that

edit on 8/31/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

We will all age...our minds will get a little cluttered. We deserve to have some dignity in those years.

I think the RNC exploited a great man. He obviously was having rough moments and the RNC didn't care, they were just gleeful to find a well known celebrity that would back Mitt Romney.

Clint's speech was rambling, sometimes nonsensical, confusing and strange.

The RNC folks who commented on it said that he threw out the script that they had prepared for him.

I respect Clint Eastwood. I don't respect those who would exploit and embarass him for potential political gain.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It was the most awkward speech I have ever seen in my life, the guy was talking to a CHAIR.

Clint is an ACTOR, why is he speaking at a political convention?

edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Are you serious? This is the dumbest statement on here.

Kal Penn was part of Obama administration before he wised up and got out of there.

So, while you're to busy worrying about Republicans...you can't even keep up with your own group.
Not to mention the fact that Clint has seen more changes and presidents to this world to have his own expert opinion.

And for those of you who are weak minded. The chair is a metaphor..............for a president who is not there for the people.

All of you are entitled to your own vote but just realize, when the crap hits the fan and there is no government.....you will be the first I blame for the crap. Just like Clint said in the video, "if someone doesn't do the job...we got to let them go." Well, I'm going to start holding all of you to this account. I'm tired of you lazy, inconsiderate, ignorant, non-smart people, doing as you please. So, you better watch yourself when its all over because I will be there. Too late to rip your bumper sticker off. You have been flaunting it, since he took office.

Oh and weird thought...If someone of you have so much faith in Obama to fix this. Why are you preparing for the end of the government? That's like protecting yourself from a bear, when you are the bear. Personally, I think most of your just vote for whoever is the Democrat. Doesn't matter if he is satan or Russian. You will still vote for the person and that's the reason why this world is where its at.

Oh and just to let you all know. I'm neither Democrat nor Republican. I'm the minority, minority of those who can actually form an opinion based on what either candidate says. Not based on title and I think they are both pieces of crap. I do think that Obama had his shot and failed miserably. He didn't kill Osama...Navy Seals did. He got us downgraded. He has increased unemployment. Cities have lost funding to their fire departments and police. Failed stimulus bill because we got downgraded. My personal favorite...made the American public dumber. Do I think McCain could have done any better? NO but it couldn't be any worse than this. Obama and Bush are on the same level in failure. So, keep saying Obama is better...they both did the same stuff ladies and gentlemen. Start paying attention to the truth and form your own opinion about things because it isn't looking good for Obama supporters.

edit on 31-8-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by sealing

errrr....
I don't know.
What did he say?

I can help you with that.

Go here:
- Clint Eastwood Hits Grand Slam Home Run -

Clint Eastwood slams Joe Biden AND Obama !

Well done Clint !

edit on 31-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui

Clint Eastwood is plain speaking and has credibility.

He did a great job.

------------

- Obama is a fraud. -

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Clint Eastwood is the Charlton Heston for the new GoP. (And let's not forget Eastwood is Skull and Bones)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Same problem I we were discussing earlier...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He was having dementia attacks during his speeech but is creative enough to hide it through improv when he caught himself.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Dementia attacks?" Looked more like the guy was talking off the cuff. Not everyone is permenantly attached to a teleprompter.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

A little of both.

Love him.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join