It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

page: 8
13
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I agree, it was extremely entertaining, can't believe I have to wait 4 more years to see the next one. I wonder who they will drag up next and what new crazy characters will be on the scene. Is the democrat one as crazy. I imagine it's an Obama worship fest




posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

A little of both.

Love him.


The DNC will probably respond with a Star of their own.

- Adam Smith or Cher -

----------
Sandra Fluke will be a disaster.


Eva Longoria will be the DNC star. Another desperate housewife ironically for Obama.
Oprah will probably be sitting this one out.
edit on 31-8-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)


Eva Longoria isn't as well known as Clint Eastwood.

Adam Smith is more popular that Eva Langoria. The orginal video had over 1 million hits !




posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I agree, it was extremely entertaining, can't believe I have to wait 4 more years to see the next one. I wonder who they will drag up next and what new crazy characters will be on the scene. Is the democrat one as crazy. I imagine it's an Obama worship fest


Clint Eastwood said what needed to be said.

- We own this country. -


- When someone does not do the job, you got to let them go.




posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I don't believe Obama has done a good Job and would not vote for him, even if I could. His policies have been no better than bushes, just got a flashy smile and is more likable than Romney.

What does "we own this country mean? I mean who else owns it? If Romney is elected then the American public, will end up owning even less of the country, as it will al be privatized under austerity measures.

Parks, Schools, Libraries. They won't be owned by Americans, but private companies. Same as your homes and other property owned by private banks. So what part of America do you own? How much is left in the public/civic realm that can't be privatized?



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
reply to post by sealing
 


I've always like Clint Eastwood for his straight-up straight-shootting attitude (real or fake), but man, when it's time to retire, retire already. He stumbled a lot and that's just age, the message was still there, the real problem is that he is backing the wrong horse. It doesn't matter whether he is behind Romney or Obama, all doors lead to hell as they are cut from two parts of the same dirty cloth. One half is dyed blue and the other red, but it is still infested with the same ole garbage.

It would have been so much better if the RNC/Romney hadn't cheated with the signatories and Clint was backing up Ron Paul or at least some candidate with integrity.

Cheers - Dave


Clint Eastwood is backing the right horse and he has the right message.

- We own this country. -


----------

America tried on a socialist suit and it didn't fit.


I think socialism sucks as well, I believe in the rule of law and the US is a republic as far as I am aware. Representative democracy is a joke and every country in the world with such a farce has shown to be corrupt. If Romney or Obama gets it, the next four years of hell will be probably be the last. Either way, you'll have a corporate rapist and debt scavenger for president that hides behind his religion everytime he takes away a right, increases security, starts more wars, etc. All the while, he'll be privatizing everything. You might want to look at his campaign's main financial backers, groups like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Chase, Citibank, etc..

Say goodbye to pensions, say hello to higher taxes and work camps, and certainly, you had better kneel before your new dictator ;-) I normally wouldn't care (except for the American people and the harm they will be done) but, the US is going to drag every western country down when the collapse occurs. Governments are corporations and there is no democracy in a corporation, there is only fascism and totalitarian dictatorship. Whether it's Romney or Obama at the "helm" matters not, both of the meat-puppets work for the same people.

Cheers - Dave



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


What was your favorite part of Clint's speech and why?



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr
 

Wait until the next UK Elections. Cameron is going to wheel Thatcher out just like that. Only lulzier.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well he is an 'Actor' so he probably has been brainwashed by the Illuminati since they control all of Hollywood, or maybe he was using subliminal Illuminati codes

*Sarcasm*



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I started this thread because I knew
it was one for the record books.
And after 130+ replies in less than 24 hours I'd say many feel the same.
Clint is a great man in my opinion. And although he actually is a politician
he is not concerned with coming across as a perfect orator.

As a liberal, this is the first political thread I've done where no one gave me any ****.
so thanks for that.
I guess we need to get this over with, so......

Remember posters;
Clint supported the auto bailout and voted for Obama in the last election.
My thought is some whacky conspiracy theorist got a hold of him as to why he isn't this time.
He has very different views than the Republican platform on War for instance.
(what was up with Romney wanting war with Iran?)
And from his work and other comments he's made, I'd say he has very
different ideas about Immigration and Unions than the Right.
So fiscally conservative and socially liberal?
Where have all those guys and gals gone?
They were heaven compared to the crazies we have now.

Like I said I'm a liberal and I respect that he can operate this way, blurring party lines.
And if you are on the right, I hope you can respect the fact
that he thinks for himself.
Anyway thanks for a great thread to all on the right or left.
And now its clear to let the insults fly.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing
 


If his intent was to convince people he wasn't using a telepromtor it worked. Ad libbed all the way.LOL.

He is a "director" and was sure using his creative license. I guess it was kind of funny. He had em leaning foreward in the chairs across the country, for him, that's a successful performance.LOL



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Joe Biden's "back in chains" remarks were pretty damned stupid, and he's not even an actor.


Then you responding with this is pretty stupid.
I asked for anything nearly as crazy as the Clint Eastwood stunt from any DNC ever.
You pick something Biden said out of context not at the DNC but someplace else.

Tell me all about stupid.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I don't believe Obama has done a good Job and would not vote for him, even if I could. His policies have been no better than bushes, just got a flashy smile and is more likable than Romney.

What does "we own this country mean? I mean who else owns it? If Romney is elected then the American public, will end up owning even less of the country, as it will al be privatized under austerity measures.

Parks, Schools, Libraries. They won't be owned by Americans, but private companies. Same as your homes and other property owned by private banks. So what part of America do you own? How much is left in the public/civic realm that can't be privatized?


Oh, you are from the UK. Let me explain.

The USA currently has a National Debt of $16 Trillion.

We consider that debt to placed on the backs of our children. The idea / goal is to

leave our children a nation that is stronger not weaker.

We consider it - our money - that Obama is spending like a drunk sailor.

We own this country. The liberal /socialists in Washington DC are elitists who

think it is -their- money to spend as they see fit. - Wealth Redistribution -

---------------
It turns out that Obama is a Radical Marxist masquerading as a moderate in order

to get re-elected. Obama HATES capitalism and the private sector.

We deserve better than Obama. His time is short.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing
 


Crazy.

But then again, he fits in quite well. From what I've seen the entire Republican party is stark raving mad, with their blatant lies on the podium, extremist opinions, dictatorial control of changing their own party standards and upsetting hundreds of thousands of their own supporters...

The entire event seems to have been a farce from the start. It's no longer about politics, it's a chance for the rest of the sane world to point and laugh at one of the most deranged groups of people on the planet.

I see that as a good thing. Over the last few days the Republican party has likely lost thousands of votes, shown themselves to be the extremists they are, and proved that they cannot be trusted by their own party faithful, let alone everyone else!



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
We consider it - our money - that Obama is spending like a drunk sailor.

We own this country. The liberal /socialists in Washington DC are elitists who

think it is -their- money to spend as they see fit. - Wealth Redistribution -

---------------
It turns out that Obama is a Radical Marxist masquerading as a moderate in order

to get re-elected. Obama HATES capitalism and the private sector.

We deserve better than Obama. His time is short.



And we have more nonsense by people who selectively rewrite history to suit their politics.

BUSH bailed out the bankers. Bush started wars costing you billions of $'s and thousands of lives. In the same act, he made the USA more of a target too.
It was BUSH who gave tax cuts, which then forced everyone else to pay MORE tax to cover the asses of his rich buddies.

You want to talk about elitism? You need to go back a few years and see how the rich became the elite picking your pocket thanks to the idiot you elected.

I agree you deserve better than Obama - he's disappointed me too - but to suggest that this radical bunch of bible thumping hypocrites could do better is just political insanity at it's absolute worst!

The idea that any person can support the Republican party and all their hypocrisy is completely insane to me.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


What was your favorite part of Clint's speech and why?


Best part of Clint Eastwood speech:

- " We own this country. "

------

2nd best part:

- " When someone does not do the job, you got to let him go." -


---------
Apparently, playing over 100 rounds of golf was a bad idea for Obama.

- Obama is doomed. -

I think Obama has already written his concession speech for the evening of Nov. 6, 2012.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Alot of responses on Clint ! First and formost Clint is an ACTOR.
Clint is one of my favorite actors, love his movies.
The fact of the matter is Clint has always been a republican and is a die hard supporter.
Mittens team approched Clint to READ a script at the GOP convention .
I'm not saying Clint was payed, but was offered a major speaking ROLE in the GOP 2012 convention performance.
To still be an major actor and director at his age speaks volumes to his real competancy.
What people saw at the convention was an ACT.
All Clint did was to do his part to help unite a party that he believes in, and it was a sad display of acting by a great actor at a bad venue for all the wrong reasons, for a dying party.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I understand your predicament in America, it is serious here too. I was addressing the claim that "we own this land", when in fact you probably own very little. I was also explaining how Austerity is not just a case of cutting SS and medicaid to the needy, but, also selling Public and civic property to billionaires, like Romney backers the Koch brothers. Do you think they have any demands from Romney for stumping up millions to his campaign?

Spending needs to be controlled, but not at the risk of millions of Americans lives, who depend on some government assistance.

Romney don't give a damn abou those people and neither do his billionaire backers. Same applies to Obama



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Alot of responses on Clint ! First and formost Clint is an ACTOR.
Clint is one of my favorite actors, love his movies.
The fact of the matter is Clint has always been a republican and is a die hard supporter.
Mittens team approched Clint to READ a script at the GOP convention .
I'm not saying Clint was payed, but was offered a major speaking ROLE in the GOP 2012 convention performance.
To still be an major actor and director at his age speaks volumes to his real competancy.
What people saw at the convention was an ACT.
All Clint did was to do his part to help unite a party that he believes in, and it was a sad display of acting by a great actor at a bad venue for all the wrong reasons, for a dying party.


I can see Colorado is turning - RED - this year.


Don't feel bad. Wisconsin is - ALSO - turning - RED-.

It looks like a Republican Senator is going to get elected in Connecticut ? What is going on ?

edit on 31-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Clint Eastwood inspires 'Eastwooding': Social media users upload empty chair pics online

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... 594JxJg1
www.foxnews.com...

ha



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I understand your predicament in America, it is serious here too. I was addressing the claim that "we own this land", when in fact you probably own very little. I was also explaining how Austerity is not just a case of cutting SS and medicaid to the needy, but, also selling Public and civic property to billionaires, like Romney backers the Koch brothers. Do you think they have any demands from Romney for stumping up millions to his campaign?

Spending needs to be controlled, but not at the risk of millions of Americans lives, who depend on some government assistance.

Romney don't give a damn abou those people and neither do his billionaire backers. Same applies to Obama


I see you have a - quick fix - over there in the UK.

It's called - monetizing the debt -.

Do you think that's a good idea? How's that Value Added Tax working out for you over there?



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join