It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Well think about it. By playing the nutty old man, he can get away with saying what he said. It was brilliant. How's your butt feel?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by sealing

errrr....
I don't know.
What did he say?

I'm paraphrasing here, but this is essentially Eastwood's script.
"Unemployment is high
Obama hasn't done enough
Time for someone else to actually solve the problem?
Obama lies, not fulfilling his promises to people.
GitMo... Hello?
Successfully extracting from Iraq doesn't forgive miserably failing in Afghanistan.
Why set a target date to extract from a failing war instead of simply bringing the troops home now?
Imaginary Obama suggests Romney get to know himself in a carnal fashion, making him as ridiculously clueless as Biden.
Joe Biden epitomizes the Democratic brain trust.
Attorneys make poor presidents, whereas businessmen can better deal with the economic rigors of the presidency.
Air Force 1 uses too much gas when utilized to jet set around for the purpose of spreading personal opinions rather than performing the duties of president.
Imaginary Obama now suggests Eastwood get to know himself in the Biblical sense.
The people own the USA, the politicians are employees of the people.
America is the best, yay us!
Underperforming employees must be let go.
Some politicians seem like nice guys, but we should vote based on results.
Vote Romney, go ahead and make my day."

His delivery was a bit awkward, but the message wasn't lost nor disagreed with by me, at least.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

If you were not star struck, you would have been able to differentiate the acting from the struggling for train of thought. I would like to say he was on medical marijuana but I doubt it. Wonder if he was packing? He is a great actor in those westerns my Grandpa watches...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

In all sincerity I will tell you what will happen if Romney wins. The same exact thing that happened the last time we elected a businessman to be President, his name was Hoover. There are reasons, we have not elected one to the office since.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

When he stayed on track and on script, he touched on some important subjects but then it went awry when he struggled to improv and that was very telling of his mental state.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I appreciate that post, u2u me sometime ok? I would like to learn more from you.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Afghanistan thing was weird, like he forget the Right put us there, He said maybe we should have asked Russia what happened to them before we went in there, Uhhh? Gonna lay that on Obama? He also pretended that Obama told him tell Romney to go f himself. Not especially dignified.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How many Hollywood actors, singers and reality tv celebutards speak regularly about their liberal views and love for our current administration. Heck, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Oprah, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and freaking Kim Kardashian get White House invites and private, one on one time with our President and that is supposedly perfectly acceptable. Yet Clint Eastwood speaks about his political beliefs at the RNC and suddenly there is an issue?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Attorneys make poor presidents, whereas businessmen can better deal with the economic rigors of the presidency.

He ragged on attorneys and wondered why we ever elect them politicians. You folks do know don't you that Romney is also a Harvard Law graduate, right?
edit on 30-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't care what you want to call it, for me, it was hard to sit through. I really enjoy Eastwood, I just think its unfortunate and I'm wishing I could un-watch it. I'm really surprised the RNC would allow this to go off without knowing exactly what they were getting.
Or worse, they did.
edit on 30-8-2012 by slowisfast because: Sp

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenie65

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Some people can't recognize genius when they see it...

You all should give Clint the respect he deserves, he was eloquent and trying to raise the spirits of the American people, get over yourselves and try to remove the sticks long enough to have a sense of humor.

~Namaste

Just progressive liberals doing what they do best.

Indeed, it's painful to get kicked so hard by a seemingly dithering old man. Gotta love Clint, brilliant as ever. Ah well, let the whining dog pile resume.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
my opinion? he's an intelligent man that's also really old. it's expected for someone of his age to stumble a bit.

actual dementia? no way. the fact that he was aware of his condition to the extent that he could rapidly switch to likely pre-rehersed creative tidbits pretty much shuts out that possibility.

someone with dementia wouldn't remember to switch it up when they are stumbling trying to verbalize a tidbit.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Well think about it. By playing the nutty old man, he can get away with saying what he said. It was brilliant. How's your butt feel?

Ah, my butt is kinda numb from sitting in a chair all day. I suppose Clint is trying to make every person in America think he is out of his mind so he can prove a point? What better way to elucidate that point than to pretend like you are a crazy senile old man who looks like he needs his diapers changed? Boy, what genious.

CJ

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

No, you're making a basic flaw in cognizant thought. Let me break it down for you, you simpleton. Obama has access to the time stream. Bush isn't even a real person, he's actually Obama in a mask. Obama, along with Biden (see Cheney) constructed this whole war back in 2001 and traveled to 2007 to campaign against it and everything else carried on in the previous administration.

Proof? Do I need proof that the sky is blue? The obvious is the obvious, man.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
Yet Clint Eastwood speaks about his political beliefs at the RNC and suddenly there is an issue?

It may have something to do with talking to invisible people in chairs. It was just odd.

Also, people criticize liberal celebrities that make political statements all the time. They don't get a free pass just because of their particular political view.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

He ragged on attorneys and wondered why we ever elect them politicians. You folks do know don't you that Romney is also a Harvard Law graduate, right?

Just because he had a law degree doesn't mean he's an attorney... and you fail to mention that he also had a 2nd degree from the same school in Business, which is what he pursued.

Typical propaganda... get your facts straight before you try to distort them.

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Uh, actually it is a master of business administration doctor of business law degree administered from Harvard Business School jointly working with Harvard Law School. It in no way qualifies Romney to sit for a bar exam or practice as an attorney.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I read the speech and the content wasn't much. I gotta see the speech. I like Clint Eastwoods style, what he says isn't important. I get by the transcripts that he was trying to make a joke about the way Obama speaks. Other than that it was hard to catch the puns without hearing his voice and expressions.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
He did good. He kept it light and he kept it real. I truly hope he doesn't have dementia.

I didn't see him reading notes or using a teleprompter.

Anybody that's going to give an 82 year old man #te for that speech is way too finicky for me.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

By all means get up and move around. Get the blood running back up to your brain. Exercise is also helpful in maintaining a sense of humor! Having a numb butt is never fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join