It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDING! Seeking Experienced Military on where to hide in town?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Reality is we will not know when, how and what exactly to be precise.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by crazyguy2012

It is a terrible thought really. But the fact you think of it, shows you love your family very much. I can honestly say a soldier looks at things very different and vets do not fear the same things others would. But I can say their family would be the first thing on their mind in such a case.
There are so many, what ifs, should you find, you and yours in an occupied area. Number one would be don't draw fire or attention to yourself. Evade and exscape would be number two. But if there is some sort of order and security you may not want to leave. Just a thought. Unless you plan on becoming a combatant, skilled or not. Staying In a military occupied area may be not so unsafe for you and yours, all depends.

If your talking riots? Button down at home and defend whats yours. I don't know, what I would do for me, may not be good for you. But do plan and let your family know what that plan is. Should you have to use it you'll all be on the same sheet of music.

I am a trained soldier, so what I would do depends on what cards I'm dealt at the time. But always live to fight another day.

Exactly, we are talking hypothetically so who knows what kind of SH$# it will be and how bad it will smell. It might be better to run to live to fight another day, it might be better to stay put... One area could be completed uninhabitable and you might have no choice but to go along with a government sponsored evacuation...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
Nuclear Diver and Ex-Commando... You both also sound kind of unpatriotic... I see Ex-Commando is in Australia.. Not sure where you are from Diver... But if a foreign force invades my country. I will not run... Hopefully neither will my neighbors, the police, the militias, and the military. We will fight to repel any invaders... It seems like you believe our government will collaborate with some foreign enemy to take out its own people. Never gonna happen. The officers and soldiers in our armies have sworn to uphold and defend this country, its people and its constitution.

The more likely scenario is a major disaster. Perhaps a large scale attack (nuclear, chemical, biological)... But a coordinated invasion and attempt to take over and enslave us is not very likely...

Things would get messy don't get me wrong... There would be large scale urban conflict, looting, rioting, murder... But no force going door to door and executing everyone who doesn't go willingly to a fema camp....

Unpatriotic? Not at all, I just realize that to maintain any type of resistance to whatever the implied situation is you have to be logistically and tactically capable of maintaining that force and that will nit be possible in a collapse urban environment.

Im sorry that you misinterpreted what I wrote, I never implied that I would duck and run, in fact that would be the opposite of what my plan would be, however if I am not capable of surviving then I have no chance of providing resistance in any form. I would not run, regardless of the threat to my life, family, and constitution. I took an oath to defend the constitution almost 20 years ago and I take that oath to heart to this day and will until the day I die.

During my 16 years serving as a NEC 5253 SWCC Operator assigned to SBT 12 based at NAB Coronado and SBT 22 based at C. Stennis S.C. as a sniper element assigned to my Boat Team I have seen combat in almost every conceivable environment known, from Columbia, Samolia, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan and am well aware that sometimes a strategic regrouping is vital to the survivability of your team and your mission. In a SHTF scenario my team is my family and my mission is to ensue their survival and the survival not so much of my government but the American way of life.

All I was saying in my post is that you never, ever stay in a hostile urban environment. We were even trained to evac urban environments ASAP. I'm not saying a hostile force will invade an urban environment, I am saying an urban environment will TURN hostile as soon as the basic needs for sustainability run out and when a person is facing hunger and thirst they will act in ways that are unexpected and completely irrational and will be a threat to anyone whom they perceive to have anything they can use.

Either way you are safer and can better concentrate on survival and maintaining resistance when the numbers are in your favor and you don't have to concentrate on constant defense and can therefore focus the majority of your energy on survivability and offense. That is the strategy behind our special operations clandestine MO.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here is a good way to prepare.

Plant seeds.

If you plant honesty, you will reap trust.
If you plant goodness, you will reap friends.
If you plant humility, you will reap greatness.
If you plant perseverance, you will reap victory.
If you plant consideration, you will reap harmony.
If you plant hard work, you will reap success.
If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation.
If you plant openness, you will reap intimacy.
If you plant patience, you will reap improvements.
If you plant faith, you will reap miracles.

A quote taken from this poem........

www.rnatsheh.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I only said that to make a point. I do not think you are unpatriotic. We have the best trained and best equipped military in the world. Plus you have to take into account that our military is a voluntary military. Volunteers train harder and work harder. Plus in addition to our standing military, reserves, national guards, we have quite a large number of experienced and proud veterans. Lots of proud civilians as well. It would be almost impossible for a foreign invader to take one city...

It would take something big to allow an invasion of our cities. To invade all of them? New York? DC? LA? Chicago? Boston? Atlanta? Dallas? Houston? Seattle? etc... There is no force in existence that could do it. Maybe they could cordon off a section? Maybe take over Florida or California... but not all of them... Not unless something major happened first. Then we would be dealing with all of the above so to speak... Let's hope that never happens.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I couldn't agree more with you, it's so true.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Also you are talking about a hostile urban environment wherein you were the invader. We are talking about a role reversal here. You are on your home turf. The invader is in a foreign environment with death around every corner. They would have a much more difficult time than you did...

Someone with your training and knowledge of the are in which you have lived for along time would have no problem taking out a large number of enemy soldiers. A few people working with you your neighbors and friends (yes even civilians) providing distractions, cover etc... The enemy wouldn't stand a chance...
edit on 13-8-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: just because

edit on 13-8-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxybrain

You are supposed to be agreeing with me my love... lol

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am not butting into this thread to troll. Rather, it's something I've been wondering for a long time. In your various hiding scenarios and plans, how do you deal with the fact that you might be a heavy snorer?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxybrain

Just make sure you plant those seeds far and wide,don't just keep it local.

I have done that across the US,and across the globe.
More than you know going on behind the curtain of OZ.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You are supposed to be agreeing with me my love... lol

Sorry,didn't mean to disrupt a love affair there.

link   
reply to post by Foxybrain

Very true. I have seen enough to know, train with plan A. But train for plan B and C even harder.
If you see it going south un-a** the AO.

My advice to folks with families is to do your darndest to move out of urban areas. I know easier said than done. But give yourselves some stand off, maneuver room, both physical and monetary wise if at all possible.
Where ever you choose to "bug out" to make sure it sustains life. And remember getting there will be the first problem. And don't be shocked when you find out you aren't alone when you arrive there. Military training would give people so much insite to many of the situations one would come accross.

There is so much that needs said regarding this topic. I hope and pray we never have to deal with it in this country.

link   

Text
That's right

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I always do.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Also you are talking about a hostile urban environment wherein you were the invader. We are talking about a role reversal here. You are on your home turf. The invader is in a foreign environment with death around every corner. They would have a much more difficult time than you did...

You keep emphasizing a foreign invasion which is honestly the farthest scenario from reality. The true threat to an actual realistic, and I also think impending SHTF scenario is a collapse. A collapse of the economy which will eventually lead to a complete collapse of society as we know it, and we could see this on a near global scale. At that point the introduction of foreign troops in the form of UN peacekeeping troops is a possibility albeit a slight one.

At the rate we are going we are definately heading toward a future collapse of our financial system and when that happens you will see TSHTF like its never hit before. When people lose their cell phones and internet they will complain, when they lose their electricity they will riot, when they start to go hungry they will steal, pillage, and kill to survive and there won't be much TPTB can do to stop mass civil unrest on a national level. Even with all the law enforcement in the nation combined with the 4 million active and reserve military they will be outginned and outnumbered by a pissed of armed society.

If you think this will never happen then perhaps it is you that has not studied history enough, it has happened numerous times throughout the world in just the last 100 years, and our technological achievements and world might will not make us immune from this possibility.

There is something coming down the pipes in the near future that TPTB are trying their best to keep under the wraps for now. Even some of the brightest economic minds in America are issuing warnings of a pending collapse, anyone who knows how to balance their household budget can see that as a nation we are heading off an economic cliff.

This is the threat of which I was speaking of preparing to survive and in this scenario you damn sure don't want to be in a city with your stockpiles of food and water surrounded by starving, desperate masses. At that point you are better off heading for a rural setting with resources enough to survive.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I am off to bed soon but I have been pondering what kind of force (or what would it take) for a full scale invasion of the States? An alien invasion is the obvious answer... But what else. They would have to obtain aerial superiority... They would have to either wipe out our communication lines and the command and control currently in place? Or they would have to completely replace the command and control currently in place...

Alternatively society itself would have to completely breakdown. Kind of like a zombie invasion... Not zombies per se but neighbors turning on neighbors... An everyone for themselves kind of mentality...

The best way to combat this is to stick together. Build stronger communities... Build stronger families.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It's called God, even for many that don't believe that a God exist.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Which is why I do not live in a major city... I agree your scenario is more plausible and quite probable... Civilization will collapse eventually. History has shown this repeatedly. There are numerous problems that will arise when this happens. It will be a mess. But it will be rebuilt a new civilization will rise... You just have to hold out long enough and work for it....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It's called God, even for many that don't believe that a God exist.

Well if god takes over then I would hope that he has a plan which I am sure he does... I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. We just won't know what that reason is until after the fact...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You are a 100 % right.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join