It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDING! Seeking Experienced Military on where to hide in town?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There is a lot of good advice in this thread! It would be difficult to survive any of the situations discussed if you don't know wht you are capable of before the SHTF. How experienced are you at survival? Don't wait until it happens to find out. I suggest you go on survival trips when you can to learn how to get by on nothing, learn your strengths and weaknesses now. All the gear and survival literature inthe world wil be of no use if you lack the knowledge one how to apply/use them. A firearm is a very powerful tool, but limitied by the ability to obtain ammunition. A good knife is a must. Moving your wife and children swiftly and silently out of town? Good luck with that, children are rarely silent when hungry, scared, tired. I have 2 small boys who spend time with me in the wild every chance we get. If your children don't know how to stay silent whenit is necessary now, don't expect it then. My advice to you, spend time outdoors with your children and wife. Take them to the mountains, desert, somewhere everychance you get. Teach them and learn what you can. One thing that has not been mentioned yet, what about people that are mentally ill such as bipolar or depressed, and on heavy antidepresants? Does this apply to your family? If so, you need to figure out what you will do there. Withdrawals from those meds can be deadly if not done right. I hope to never see the scenarios discussed here, but I will try to be prepared anyway. It is better to be prepared and never need it than to need it and not be prepared.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

2) my wife flat out denies, no matter what happens, that anything bad will ever happen in America. Getting her to bug out will not happen until the internet goes down, the TVs shut off, and she starts hearing gunfire

... I suppose it could be a spur of the moment "camping trip" though!

By the time those things are happening and she wakes up, it's likely she will have already killed any escape and ultimately ...... your family's lives.

The camping trip sounds creative but you would probably need to practice it several times to work out the bugs. Will you have a food/water cache? Will she allow it?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I know there is a lot of suggestions here...but heck why not go all the way...this was done by a man...and it was not even known about...so get digging.....and then you will not only have a place of hiding...but it will be amazing and enjoyable for you to enjoy.

go to the website to see the scale of this...It shows what can be achieved it you are really that concerned....but always remember this...NEVER tell anyone what you are doing...EVER.

temple underground
edit on 093131p://f59Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I am very curious to know why you think Americans would be rounded up, put into concentration camps worked to debilitated health herded into gas chambers then stacked into rail cars, moved to fields and planted into the ground 3 per large coffin?

This line of thought sells books, makes Alex Jones very wealthy and makes you live in fear of your life.
I can see why people buy into it, face it, it makes a cool story(fiction)

Are we seeing any Governments killing citizens in France? Greece? Did we see it in Russia when it fell?

see past AJ's story. who is going to move all the dead bodies killed by these fictitious soldiers? These kids are griping about the food they eat, worrying about girlfriends, and want to buy cool cars.

If you turn off your radio and TV and forget about Alex Jones and Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh and Fox news for just 3 days you will still see children playing in the streets and their parents planning on tomorrow.

how does the boogie man make money off dead people? why would anybody want to kill a tax payer....why are great lengths gone to to stop viruses around the globe today. Why do nations help other nations at times of disaster.

Lets take the radioactive sinkhole near Baton Rouge. Government agencies are evacuating the area, why not just leave them there to get sick and die.........see my point.
edit on 14-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I truely under stand your view point there Reball, But you stated Western European countries that have on the whole sensible militery leaders and of course a democratic system, But when TSHTF it will be pretty much anachy on the streets,

I have seen it first hand here in the North of Ireland during the height of the troubles, There was "no go" areas and they were policed by local "milita" type gangs, No authorities would venture into these "enclaves" without air support or militery armoured back up.

The place goes to hell when it comes the ransacking and the booze and cigerate suppliers get hit first by organised milita units cleaning out all the shelves, Literly everthing gets ransacked and sold "down the club".

Then come the "collecters" for you to donate your spare food and clothes for the protection of your area,
So thats only the start off it you would have to speak to some more people from that time to get the full picture of what it was truly like,

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
If someone hostile approaches them can you take them out silently without being seen?

Do you even appreciate how difficult it is to do this? I've met experienced assaulters, who train extensively in this form of combat - it would be almost impossible for an untrained civilian to do this, let alone contemplate or train for it.

ever heard of a bow and arrow?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Three more books to consider,

1. The Boyscout Handbook, it's loaded with valuable information for survival such as; building shelter, fire starting, knot tying, first aid etc. A must buy.

2. The first run of Readers Digest Back to Basics. Another must have that provides the basics of survival in the long term.

3. A herbal medicine book..there are many recipes that can be concocted with natures offerings. Plus it will keep you from ingesting some thing poisonous.

Practice something new in the books, and embrace the things that you would normally shy away from.

Remember when it comes to eating insects, nothing brightly colored and 6 legs or less.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Originally posted by ExCommando

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
If someone hostile approaches them can you take them out silently without being seen?

Do you even appreciate how difficult it is to do this? I've met experienced assaulters, who train extensively in this form of combat - it would be almost impossible for an untrained civilian to do this, let alone contemplate or train for it.

ever heard of a bow and arrow?

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Since when did/does SWCC ever see action? Simulated maybe.. but most of your operations are so secret due to the sEAL movements.
edit on 14-8-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Because it is a known fact society fails, civilizations fall and anarchy always wins out when people are desperate. Look at history, it has happened hundreds of times, it has happened to the greatest nations on earth as well as the least. Just because it is today, and you feel secure doesn't make your situation any different than any other human that ever lived.

Our current society is now on the edge, see "financial crisis" for more details. Every single economy on this rock is interconnected, when they begin to fail, so will all the others. When that happens, your paper won't buy anything. At that point every man for himself will be more than a cleche from and old movie, it will be the law of the land.

Soldiers don't work for free, neither do LEOs, when the pay stops, so will their service. They will do what everyone will do, take care of theirs, even at the cost of yours.

If it is my kids eating tonight at the expense of yours, and I am more prepared to do what is necessary, my kids will eat, yours will not.

It is pretty easy to understand, look at history, it will show you what men will do to men when their children are hungry.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

so then government hunter killer teams hit the streets and shoot to kill everything that moves?

does anybody admit there is a little brainwashing for the purpose of making money here.

COME ON PEOPLE THINK!!! use your heads !!!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I have not really seen much in the way of repondants claiming "the.gov hunter killer teams shooting people" being the main concern here.

This is an idea you are projecting on others, just because we are talking preparation and necessary skill sets required to life in a life without law and order, does not mean we all think the .gov is going to execute everyone.

I think you assume to much, or your just trolling. As you don't believe you perfect world will change, the facts speak differently.

As far as the .gov goes, many of us were in the system already. Military, spec ops, law enforcement etc. And have seen the truth about the .gov. they don't care about any of you at all, they pretend to for the sake of keeping you compliant, and docile.

Having said that, what would be the use of building hundreds of FEMA camps? They wouldn't build them if they weren't planning on using them. Complete with double fences and barbed wire facing in not out, for the purpose of keeping those inside inside, not those outside from getting in. Also why the militarism of the police force? What has changed since the 50s? Nothing except, your LEOs used to wear a standard nonintimidating uniform, vs the obviously designed to intimidate uniforms used today. How about armor in suburia? WTF reason do they have for those? They are WAR impliments, not civil service vehichles. Also look at the hippie protests of the 60s, hundreds of thousands protested without permit or permission, with little violent results from authorities, fast forward to today. " the rights of the people to peacfully assemble shall not be infinged" then why do we need to have a permit? That is an infingement is it not? How about unarmed peaceful protesters being beaten, tazed, pepper sprayed etc? For the "crime?" Of protesting their displeasure at the .govs actions? Last I checked it is a RIGHT, meaning you are aloud to do it no matter who likes it.

This is only a small example of reasons, there are numerous others.

Also, I don't think the .gov is the villain, I think they are a tool being used to further the goals of a few people at the tippidy top of the pyramid.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The flaw with underground bunkers is the air intake and exhaust. I know a man that builds underground bunkers and I asked him what is the defense from a person blocking your air vents? He said you have 36 hrs of air to figure it out!
I just hope it is not radiation we would be hiding from...
If it is a fallout then no one would be plugging your pipes.....
With that said you would still need a way to defend your perimeter or really hide well your exhaust ports.
Just thinking outloud.....
edit on 14-8-2012 by hanyak69 because: typo

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

It's better than mace, sprays real far (Raid brand, big can) and I found this out from a Police Woman.

She says that if you spray someone in the eyes, they actually have to have medical attention so use it only if someone is going to rape or kill you.

Useful to know though.

Don't experiment with it as XXX told me the person would actually have to go to the ER for treatment.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I have not really seen much in the way of repondants claiming "the.gov hunter killer teams shooting people" being the main concern here.

I'm not really sure why American troops are sent through cities in various countries we bomb, but I can't imagine what might go on behind the scenes. A co-worker of mine who re-enlists often "likes knives a little too much" and generally can't wait to get shipped back over. I could imagine him coming into my house In going from house to house "looking for bad guys" how long does it take? Does just anyone get killed or do you usually have intel and a names list? If a person's name IS on that list is it ransack the house and neighbors til you find him or her? Would hiding help (or only running)?

The OP did.

have a nice day

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

Super glue is actually good for cuts vs. stitching in a emergency.

They use super glue in surgery now sometimes.

Good advice.

Pack some Super Glue.

And I have One Second After...............Excellent read.
edit on 14-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Please share your stories of good places to hide! And also, about military equipment.

10 feet under in a coffin would be a good place to start hiding.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

A bow and arrow are even better because they are a quiet kill vs. a loud bang a gun produces and let's everyone around for miles know where you are.

Good advice.

I was good in archery in High School but haven't tried it since and my arm muscles are sadly out of shape.

Being in peak physical condition along with being in the right place at the right time will somewhat determine who survives and who doesn't.

Also, in South America the natives use a hollowed out reed tube and load a sticker with venom (posion) on the tip and blow dart it - that is also a primitive but very effective and quiet method to kill.

Just make sure you don't touch the poison and load the poisoned end to the front.

Uploaded by DiscoveryNetworks on Apr 22, 2011 Watch Human Planet Sundays @ 8pm | For more, visit dsc.discovery.com...=ytdsc1 | The Matis of Brazil use mimicry to lure a troop of howler monkeys, then shoot their prey with poisoned darts fired from blowpipes. There's less protein in the jungle than in the desert, so hunting monkeys is essential to the Matis' survival.

Depending on what chemical you choose for either hunting or getting rid of a approaching enemy it is again a quiet kill and will not send out a long bang to announce your presence.

Also, when cooking - if you have smoke or a generator (noise) your cover will be blown.

The secret I think is to be illusive enough that you remain hidden somewhere where few people are.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I am sorry to say...if they want to find you...they will find you. Split Infinity

Sadly, with the technology we currently KNOW ABOUT you're right.

The only way is to hide so well like in a deep cave under a mountain or somewhere that TPTB just don't want to bother with the location you have chosen.

But your quote above is most accurate. If they want to find you - they now have the technology to do so.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So because 1 person said it once we all think it? Well then by your logic we all think your a troll, since I said it once.

Also nice try at derailing the thread but it seems to continue just fine with or without your trolling.

I didn't see any evidence of the military hit squad coming to kill everyone your talking about, I believe your bottom quote was for the purpose of asking how search tactics work. Since not all former soldiers or LEOs will be friendly, it is good to know what type of tactics might be employed against you.

Sorry guys I won't feed the trolls anymore, they are just so cute and cudly, I can't help myself somtimes.
edit on 14-8-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join