HIDING! Seeking Experienced Military on where to hide in town?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

First of all I wouldn't hide in a city, besides thermal imaging they have hand held retina scanners and facial recognition equipment. Find a nice house in the country like the big O had in Pakistan and then just don't answer the door.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
When hiding in a city setting what currently known technologies can see through walls, etc?

If someone hides in a closet does your thermal imaging equipment, your scope, etc see them (or a red silouette for example)?

Please share your stories of good places to hide! And also, about military equipment.

Would digging a hole under your house work, or maybe in the backyard under a bush?
Does hiding on your roof work, or in your attic?

The only way a person could hide anywhere on Earth never mind a City...is Highly Problematic given the High Level of Tech. that the U.S. currently has and uses on a daily basis.

Thermal Imaging or Infra-Red Light can easily be detected to the point that even if you were to wear a COOLING SUIT...and they have these for use of Special Forces to avoid detection of an adversaries IR-Detection Units...are so precise these days that a Good U.S. Military Version of one of these could by way of connection to a Computer...compare the ambient Temperature around you to locate a persons Body Pattern by it being either Cooler or Warmer than the surrounding environment.
Then you have Ground Penetrating Radar that can see deep underground as well as map the Oceans of the World...SEA BED...as well as penetrate even deeper so hiding is the 10th Basement Level underground of a skyscraper...just won't cut it. You can even be detected by sound of even your Heart Beating by either a Microwave Sound Detector or bouncing a Laser Beam off any surface and the Micro-Vibrations of the surface become like a Speaker. This works very easily on a WINDOW of GLASS but with the advent of Super Computers....a Concrete Wall will also work.

I am sorry to say...if they want to find you...they will find you. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So far, the most common advice here is get outta town. Learn to live off the land with the right gear.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Got the zombie apocalypse covered.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Got the zombie apocalypse covered.

Yup. he is also the reason why no one will ever successfully invade the good old US of A... We have Chuck... S&F

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thanks OP I'm really enjoying this thread.

A question for ExCommando & Nucleardiver
First of all I apologize for some lack of knowledge on the subject...

1) How to you find a place to Bug Out if you don't own any property ?
2) Bugging out if you are a single male or female & if the only closest family
besides your dog is (6 + hours away)...& dog trained not to bark...is a working dog
3) Don't own any weapons...wish I did but cannot afford at the momment
4) Have fishing gear & know how to clean & cook
5) I am use to camping
6) Don't mind trapping or hunting but no experience about cleaning other meat...
I would assume slitting the throat for blood letting, & cleanly removing organs...
( ABD organs involved in one clean cut)

Nothing really grosses me out. I can see how it would be more advantageous
for a single male than a female to survive on their own....
Thank You for Your Time!!!

Cheers
Ektar

Feel free to u2u me as I do not want to go off topic however my questions may benefit others.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I have two main interests in this:
1) I have a four year old daughter so bugging out will be harder than otherwise,
2) my wife flat out denies, no matter what happens, that anything bad will ever happen in America. Getting her to bug out will not happen until the internet goes down, the TVs shut off, and she starts hearing gunfire

... I suppose it could be a spur of the moment "camping trip" though!

This may not be easy, but in that case, you may have to decide who you want to save the most. If your wife is denying a SHTF scenario, you may have to leave her. For your daughter and you to survive, you need a partner who will help, not someone you have to drag and coddle. Sit her down and show her all the things going wrong. Try to convince her that things are bad and there is a very good chance they will get much worse. If she can't see the writing on the wall, well, be ready to grab your little girl and GO. That may sound harsh, but survival is going to be dangerous. You don't need someone who is going to make it harder.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

1) I have a four year old daughter so bugging out will be harder than otherwise,
2) my wife flat out denies, no matter what happens, that anything bad will ever happen in America. Getting her to bug out will not happen until the internet goes down, the TVs shut off, and she starts hearing gunfire

This may not be easy, but in that case, you may have to decide who you want to save the most. If your wife is denying a SHTF scenario, you may have to leave her. For your daughter and you to survive, you need a partner who will help, not someone you have to drag and coddle. Sit her down and show her all the things going wrong. Try to convince her that things are bad and there is a very good chance they will get much worse. If she can't see the writing on the wall, well, be ready to grab your little girl and GO. That may sound harsh, but survival is going to be dangerous. You don't need someone who is going to make it harder.

Wow!!!! That is the worst advice ever. Families need to stick together. If TSHTF I am sure your wife will eventually see things as they are... It certainly isn't hitting it yet. It might. It might not... If it does you need to stick together... Till Death due you part... You could leave get killed... She could stay and survive. Since no one knows what will happen no one can say for sure... I am sure if you stay together you will find that you can make it through anything no matter what. I am sure Foxybrains will agree!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

WTF? Do you even have a family and would you do that to them? If the answer is Yes then you are heartless, come on!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Your comment about somthing coming down the pipes they are trying like hell to hide worries me to no end. I have heard similar rumors from a few friends still active. I see it everyday in the news, in their ever increasing need to distract us with the trivial instead of addressing the obvious.

Some think the FEMA camps are for us when TPTB try a hostile takeover, I don't see that scenario playing out. I see somthing more like the movie deep impact, hence the actual natl debt of 222,000,000,000,000 dollar debt. Most only believe it to be the 16 trillion espoused on fox and msn.

A lot of bunkers have been built in the last few years, that serve no actual need minus a woldwide cataclysm. Trillions of dollars turn up missing now overnight and nothing to show for it?

The entire strategic picture I see is one of planning behind the sceens to ensure survivablilty for as many as possible, but in secrecy because informing the general public would only make the necessary preperations impossible with society tearing itself apart. And it scares me #eless, as I am now out of the loop. So all I have to go on is rumors and observations.

So I think your summation, which is damn near the same as mine, is as close to the real marching orders I am going to get.

So I am planning for no help outside me and mine, I have been teaching my children the "plan" through. Playing thought experiments. Like " if the zombie apoolypse happened tomorrow we would....." they take to it like its a game. They already know the "plan" and they don't even realize it yet. That's the best part, so if nothing happens( not very likely IMO) we just act like we were planning a video game strat. If the worst occurs, they already know the drill.

I have family in the country( midwest has lots of that) all over, and we have already made plans A, B, and c just in case.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
Thanks OP I'm really enjoying this thread.

A question for ExCommando & Nucleardiver
First of all I apologize for some lack of knowledge on the subject...

1) How to you find a place to Bug Out if you don't own any property ?
besides your dog is (6 + hours away)...& dog trained not to bark...is a working dog
3) Don't own any weapons...wish I did but cannot afford at the momment
4) Have fishing gear & know how to clean & cook
5) I am use to camping
6) Don't mind trapping or hunting but no experience about cleaning other meat...
I would assume slitting the throat for blood letting, & cleanly removing organs...
( ABD organs involved in one clean cut)

Nothing really grosses me out. I can see how it would be more advantageous
for a single male than a female to survive on their own....
Thank You for Your Time!!!

Cheers
Ektar

Feel free to u2u me as I do not want to go off topic however my questions may benefit others.

Firstly, never apologise for asking questions and seeking knowledge.

1) How to you find a place to Bug Out if you don't own any property ? As remote as possible, but accessible either by foot or by car + foot, ideally off the main arterial roads (as they will shut down as soon as everyone tries to use them). I have a friend who lives in a major city in the US (he is ex US military), and he found a remote area. He has the GPS co-ords to the location, and has buried his bug out kit there, which includes tent, food and water for 3 months (not enough IMO but a good start), and his survival gear. All he needs to do if the SHTF is make his way there.

besides your dog is (6 + hours away)...& dog trained not to bark...is a working dog. Depends on the SFTF scenario. In a classic survival scenario, a dog is one of the best assets you can have. It provides companionship, early warning, can aid in hunting ... the list goes on. If you are trying to escape and evade, and your dog is not police / military trained, then leave it behind. If you have the resources, you can have your dog trained to be a defence / attack dog.

3) Don't own any weapons...wish I did but cannot afford at the momment. A weapon is only as good as the operator. In a SHTF scenario, you will want to avoid conflict. Any injury will effectively be the end of you. You will need to act the same as a recon patrol does; if they shoot, they've effectively failed their mission. It would be prudent to invest in at least a knife and possibly a crossbow, and learn how to use them.

4) Have fishing gear & know how to clean & cook - good. Make sure you can create your fishing gear out of commonly available materials.

5) I am use to camping - there's being used to camping, and being an expert. Invest time into studying new skillsets.

6) Don't mind trapping or hunting but no experience about cleaning other meat... LEARN - youtube / google are your best friends.
( ABD organs involved in one clean cut) - as above.
edit on 14-8-2012 by ExCommando because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Kidnapping is a felony
Sounds like your wife is of sound mind

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

You are right on every point. I see a lot of hints in the movie 2012, not that I think it will be as the movie as far as the coming event. I look at the government and world elites building means to survive off of our tax dollars and keeping the general public (peasants) in the dark as long as possible while they do all they can to ensure their survival and leave us to perish right up to the end. It took several times of watching 2012 but I eventually started seeing the parables in the story line to what's going on today with our massive debt and nothing to show for it.

Whatever it is that's coming its not going to be good and I believe its inevitable, we just can't keep going like we are and I see no way of stopping it except a reset.

I decided to bug out last year, I used to live in a county in central FL with a population of 350,000 but moved to North Dakota last year. A state with a total population of around 500,000 and live in a town of 700 with 2,000 in the county. A lot more survivability here with less population, less crime, and an abundance of wildlife.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I am not what one would call a religious man, having said that, I also know from experience, there are no atheists in foxholes.

Off topic I know......but, may GOD have mercy on us all, and if the end is near, let it be quick and clean. I don't want mine to suffer more than needed, and I don't ME to limp away in a "madmax" scenario.

ETA. A quote from roman times. " the strong did what they could, the weak suffered what they must"
Also leave your egos behind guys " a cowards mother never cries" running is not being a pussy, it is realizing accurately and honestly that a battle can't be won, and "retreat" is also known as a tactical withdrawl for a reason.

" it serves nobody but your enemy when you fight a losing battle, it is better to run and preserve your strength. If preserving your ego is the driving force of your actions, shoot yourself! As you have alreay lost the fight"

Last quote mine
edit on 14-8-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Wow I have only read a few pages in but the OP has asked a question I have always wondered about. What tactical advantages does the military have that we can cheat. There is a way there must be right? I would like to know but others are talking about bugging out ASAP and running for the hills.

Well my husband and I have no problem doing what needs to be done but in our case with 3 small children bugging out is not going to get us too far from home and we would have to leave most of our food and water behind for what? Others to steal what we have?

Farmers/landowners WILL be defending their own ground from our invasion? Plus lets put a few thousand people heading to the hills from a relatively small community say 200,000 ....what the heck does everyone think they are going to do in a week when most of their food and water run out?

Game will be shot and killed and fish caught but much will be wasted and many will go hungry or crawl back to town.

Holding your own may be plausible and maybe the only choice some of us have.

Sorry I would love to bug out location but I don’t have anything nearby. We have relatives to go to (over 200 miles) but would be nearly impossible on foot at least with small kids. Just saying I want ideas for not abandoning ship. We live on the outskirts of town in a pretty good location but we are surrounded by areas still considered in the city limits.
But if I do win the lottery anytime soon I would love to buy a home in a permeant bug out location and sit back and then wait but until then...........

I am ready as I can be!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

havok, you're answer, I think was the best.

Finding a cave under a mountain or surrounded by a mountain with high iron content might work well, below ground level.

It's my belief that once TSHTF one will need about 12 months worth of food and water at least (I'm thinking longer).

Also, any and all waste needs to be hidden (buried) or if you can find a big enough cave - you might be set.

Something like government installation at Cheyenne Mountain would work - that's why the military has this baby all ready.

Note: Bunker sales I read are up something like 700%.

People with money are building them at a phenomenal rate.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

My husband and three sons are the same way.

The truth that our cushy life as we know it hangs by a thread and that thread could break at any moment is too much for most people to handle.

All the signs are there, economic, social, family, government collapse are present.

I really hope I am wrong and I only have about another 20 years on this rock so hopefully TS won't hit TF until I'm gone.

But, I've had a really interesting life from day one - sort of like Forrest Gump and I have a feeling that times are a changing and not for the better.

I'm stock piling food and water, much to the laughter of my husband - however, I note that he too now actually has a bug out bag on the floor in his closet. We have rural property but no building and no cave - wish we had a cave, caves are going to come back into vogue in a few years.

The better your shelter is hidden, the better secured against the outside - the safer you will be.

What is currently going on with banks collapsing, major governments collapsing, people going gun crazy is just the beginning but obvious to me as I am nearing sixty and just the past forty years has seen a dramatic change in people, governments, politics and the world in general.

But again, some people cannot handle the truth until it's too late.

For your safety - buy a gun, learn how to use it and store it (hidden under lock and key) where you can get to it. A semi automatic is preferable to a six popper.

I've dragged my husband to a gun range and we're both quite good. He's not happy and thinks I'm paranoid but in the past 38 years we've been together, I've been proven right more often than wrong with my gut feelings.

As a side note: I've had dreams of fire, people screaming, all hell breaking loose for a while now. Maybe I've been on ATS too long, maybe I've read too many survival manuals, but a lot of people are now beginning to question what is around the corner.

Things cannot keep going on the way they are, not with the number of people, our resources being used up and the devastation and upheaval globally that seems to currently be happening.

Earthquakes, volcanoes becoming active, endless wars and rumors of war, people degenerating into animals.......maybe I'm just getting old.

I really hope someone reads this in twenty years and has a good laugh.

Last thoughts: I have a few books on survival you might buy for your library and read them, they're interesting:

- Urban Survival Guide by David Morris
- The Art of Urban Survival A Family Safety and Self Defense Manual by Stefan H. Verstappen
- How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times by James Wesley Rawles (also wrote Patriots and Survivors, good books).
- Where There Is No Doctor by David Werner, Jane Maxwell, Carol Thuman, Carol Thuman, and Jane Maxwell
- *** The Black Awakening by Russ Dizdar, even if you are not Christian.

Get your wife and you a bike with car seats for your kids on back and have a couple back packs packed.

One last book I read for fun (it wasn't fun) was "Lights Out" by Half Fast / now known as David Crawford.

Put the "Where There Is No Doctor Book" in your back pack AFTER you have read it.

I've had nurses training and even been in ER and OR as well as grew up on a farm so I've had some experience in emergency and self-sufficient situations.

If (and again I really hope I am wrong) TSHTF big time, remember 1 out of every 4 American adults are on some type of medication/alcohol for depression/stress/psychological management and when the pills and booze run out, millions of people will have to go cold turkey as well as being hungry and in survival mode. There will be a lot of very hungry, scared, cranky and unstable people to contend with. You want to keep as far away from the unstable ones and have a small circle of people you know and trust.

We will find, nice ordinary "normal'' people doing things they normally would never contemplate so getting to know your neighbors or having a couple of like minded friends (I met a couple at the gun range) might prove helpful.

Safe journey and boy I hope my gut instincts are dead wrong this time. I'm ready to quietly do my gardening, play with my dogs, feed the squirrels. My terrier can catch any small animal, the pointer points them out and the terrier goes after them - fast little guy, got a mole the other day, his third, seems to dig them up. Good at finding rabbits and rats too!

In Africa they eat bugs
which if you are hungry bugs and small rodents can provide enough protein to keep you going.

Did you know that boiling water, just getting it to a boil will kill all organisms, was on a You Tube Video.

Start watching survival videos on You Tube as well as make sure your whole family can walk long distances, and are in peak physical condition. If you are in good physical condition, you have a better chance of survival.

I apologize that my conversation has jumped around a bit, I've had a glass of wine and even 8 ounces makes me loopy so hope this isn't too disjointed and helpful.

Enroll your entire family in a self defense class - a gun will over ride being able to flip someone but never hurts for the wife and kids to know how to defend themselves, also gives them self confidence.

Don't have to say it's for the end of the world scenario.

Pack Wasp Spray in your bug out bag, it works well if you spray it in your attacker's eyes.
edit on 14-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Never thought about wasp spray.

Good tip. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
>Conspiracy theory website
>Thread about the government coming to get you
>Not a single reply talks about tin foil hats and foil wallpaper

Has this stereotype been officially broken now?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Like most of your ideas....I would also start planting caches around the area in different directions.
Also get an atlas and map out a perimeter of 1 tank of gas and how far you can get.
( avoid bridges and main roads ) The concrete on the bridges and freeway are for blockades not safety. Look at the commute and obeserve the concrete barriors and all they would have to do is turn a few.
Be ready to throw away your vehicle at any momment.
A good book to read "A second after"
Stay away from others as much as possible (the bigger the group the more attention)
Move during storms or rainy days especially at check points ( rain hides sound and noone wants guard duty during the rain, fog, or snow.
our BOB should look like a normal back pack like on a college campus ( do not go rogue military but go mickey mouse or daisies)
Have a good medium range pistol in your bag ( IE Thompson Contender with a good scope in case you need it.)
Super glue ....do not forget super glue!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join