It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDING! Seeking Experienced Military on where to hide in town?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Good catch 1st one to get it....But also donot forget about the fumes...If you need to perform minor surgery AKA bullet removal have the person sniff the glue get a buzz then remove bullet.
Also for perimeter security snap pops. The ones that use the pull string on both ends. String up about waist high and if someone walks through snap!.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69

Good catch 1st one to get it....But also donot forget about the fumes...If you need to perform minor surgery AKA bullet removal have the person sniff the glue get a buzz then remove bullet.
Also for perimeter security snap pops. The ones that use the pull string on both ends. String up about waist high and if someone walks through snap!.

I'm sorry - but "minor" surgery to remove a 7.62mm round fired from an AK-47? Unless the round has impacted the spine, or a major bone, it will have passed straight through.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Please share your stories of good places to hide!.....
Would digging a hole under your house work, or maybe in the backyard under a bush?

This explains all you need to know

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Out f cking standing, my friend. Just out f cking standing.

Rule number 1 for not being seen, don't stand up.

I really spit out good whiskey when I saw that.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Since when did/does SWCC ever see action? Simulated maybe.. but most of your operations are so secret due to the sEAL movements.
edit on 14-8-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

Okay, so the government spends millions of dollars to train approximately 650 of us SWCC Operators, in some of the most rigorous training in the world, just so we can run around South Delta Beach or the Silver Strand and play army?

While our primary operational role is to provide operational and tactical mission support, including insertion and extraction to SEAL teams, we also integrate with other Special Operators from other branches of the military under JSOC to provide support in many different roles.

Aside from our support roles we also operate independently performing counter terrorism, stealth recon, and intelligence/counter intelligence roles, depending upon which of the 3 SBT's you are attached to. Each SBT has its own primary role as well as primary operational area with the exception of SBT 22 which operates worldwide.

A big misconception regarding SWCC operations is that we are a littoral riverine and coastline only strike force which is not completely true. Once an Operator has attained a rating of NEC 5253, which is Advanced SWCC Operator that combatant can be directly attached to advanced operational support roles within a SEAL team or other special operations units that require advance training such as parachute, helicopter, and SDV insertions.

We have seen just as much action as any of the SEAL Teams with the exception of possibly DEVGRU (ST6) since we are a support unit for them which means when they deploy, we deploy. Some of the NEC 5253 Operators have seen just as much as the DEVGRU guys, even if we are just boat guys, because they require our primary support roles.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Funny video....I will miss John Cleese (the narrator) as Q in the new Bond film, Skyfall.
edit on 14-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Since when did/does SWCC ever see action? Simulated maybe.. but most of your operations are so secret due to the sEAL movements.
edit on 14-8-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

Depends upon when they were in. SWCC operators saw a lot of action in the 80s and 90s. I am sure they have had a lot of action in the 00s dealing with pirates and such. As an MP I am not sure you would have had much contact with them, but I may be wrong... MP is a probably one of the most diverse branches. Most people do not really know how complex of a MOS it is...

edit on 14-8-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Referring to "minor surgery " Mr extreme lol......... It is not good for everything but a buzz never hurts when you don't have anything. If you are nursing a 7.62x39 wound (or greater) or even a 40 you pretty much call in the family even at the hospital. I am talking straIGHT Ricochet or shot gun from a distance or laceration type injury.
Mr I would have a gun if I could afford it, but if your are from Australia like your avatar suggests then you would not be able to have a gun even if you could afford it.
Troll much. Oh He did not go there !!! and question ex commando's authenticity????? how dare he ....... who does he think he is.......... A hint ***** KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN
AND YOUR POWDER DRY!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

ah.. fair enough. I have a friend that is SWCC, and while he hasn't been specific, he just said he was security for SEALs. If you say it is what it is then i'll take your word as a service member and ATSer

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

???

You actually said, and I quote

"If you need to perform minor surgery AKA bullet removal"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

What are your suggestions then?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

YUP! If they want to find you...they will find you. Hell...even though POT has been Decriminalized in my state of Mass....a person can only carry less than an ounce...and NO...I don't smoke...but...they have Choppers with IR-Imaging that can fly over areas of the state and POT when in the ground growing...gives of a very specific Light Frequency that these IR-Imaging detectors can easily find and they pass over whole Counties with the choppers and they can find a SINGLE POT PLANT if they want to but they are looking for people who grow in clearings out in the woods. Mass is a very highly wooded area and there is Greater Forests and Tree Canopy cover than there was in the 1700's through the end of Millenia.

So the idea that a person can just pack up and move into the woods and live in a cave...Hell...they can see right through the ROCK above the cave. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

What are your suggestions then?

I'm not. If there is no medical facility, and you don't have equipment, and you have an AK47 bullet lodged in your body, you will die.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

and any kind of buzz is better than none ....AKA (also known as) not to be mistaken for Ak 47
Sorry for the misunderstanding....love ya man

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Baghdad Iraq fell to U.S. troops on 9 April 2003.
Saddam Hussein was no where to be found.
He was finally found on 13 December 2003

He managed to hide for 8 months in a spider hole in the ground. His hole was only small enough to lie down in and store a couple of firearms and a lot of cash. The entrance was not camouflaged very well.

Imagine how well someone with time to prepare in advance and some limited skill and know-how could do!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Are you Sarah Connor?

it depends.... who sent you?

*bugged eyed and shaking*

Skynet?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Personally, I'd ditch my vehicle as it puts a huge target on your head, not to mention all the crazy driving that would ensue.

I'd stay away from roads as well .... and if I saw anyone near me I didn't know... I'd blend quickly in with the ground and be ready to fight for my life, as that might just be the last day on earth if I wasn't alert, ready, and a little lucky.

I would also expect to see death... and expect death of my love ones... we would have to accept that fact beforehand... or in the midst of it... we can in doing so... lose our lives as well. Survival is preparing for the worst. You must accept your own fate and realize how lucky you are to be alive... how precious those breaths you're taking on borrowed time are. Life and death are both neutral and necessary.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Originally posted by ExCommando

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
If someone hostile approaches them can you take them out silently without being seen?

Do you even appreciate how difficult it is to do this? I've met experienced assaulters, who train extensively in this form of combat - it would be almost impossible for an untrained civilian to do this, let alone contemplate or train for it.

ever heard of a bow and arrow?
knowing the environment and studying the victims activities day in and day out....

hide in plain sight.... sharpened weapon to the carotid when no one's looking... compression on the vocal box for silence would be needed... as muffling down the death rattles would mean you getting caught or not

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It really does depend on the scenario that you are thinking of. For my info, lets say its a red dawn type event where a foreign military has invaded.

Bug out bag your bug out bag should be somewhere close at all times. Namely your vehicle secured some way. Your vehicle is usually always near you, at school, work, shopping etc. If you have to take up time to make your way home, then you are already behind the power curve.

City Being in a town or city is a bad idea. Those will be the first to fall as large concentrations of people and strategic places will be the first targets. The sooner you leave the better. The initial response will be shock by the majority of the population along with disbelief. Within 45 minutes to 2 hours people will realize the gravity of the matter they will be wanting to leave or panic. The sooner you leave, the better situation you will be in.

Route out Avoid major roads and highways. Once again this will be the major concentration of people that will be a first target. They will be the first to close off, or will be clogged with people trying to escape. Sticke to back roads. On technique is to use a quad, or atv type vehicle to take railways out. Atv's are narrow enough to fit between the rails, and they will not be clogged. Just watch for trains
and it will be a bumpy ride. Make sure you know which way is out of town. Do not try to drive on rails with your car/ truck, there is a very high risk of losing control and rolling over, screwing you in the end. Avoid large industrial complexes/ stadium like areas. They are more then likely taken being used as a staging refit area. They also house high vantage points for them to defend against assaults.

Sewers Sewers are a really bad idea, they contain toxic gasses, and most are not as easy to navigate as one thinks and make a effective chock point. Add that trying to open a man hole cover from underneath is nearly impossible. Sewers are easy to secure for the military. Spread some powder CS and when someone walks thru they are blinded and disoriented by the tear gas. Your only protection would be a gas mask, but then the military can throw High concentration smoke, even with a gas mask you would be suffocated.

Can't leave home If you are stuck at home for whatever reason, you are in bad shape. Secure your doors and windows by any means possible. Try to make your house look not occupied. Make a lookout point at the highest point of your house. If needed cut holes in your roof with just enough room where you can scan 360 degrees. Make sure you place some type of roof colored tarp like device over the holes to prevent rain from entering or from being obvious that you have look out peep holes. Be prepared to defend your house. Make an unoccupied house several houses down look to be a better target. Start a fire in the fire place, throw trash out front etc. That would draw the attention of a force and will possibly give you enough time to escape while a force is focused on that house. Pay attention to if they are doing a methodical house to house search. Units use specific signs or methods of marking searched houses. Try to copy it and mark your own house as a last resort if you have no other means. It might just make a unit bypass your house as most platoons cannot talk directly to each other.

Thermal sights Most military units thermals see a 1 degree difference in temp. They cannot see thru walls and sometimes windows block the sights (depends on if thermal energy is being reflected or not). They can see thru (to some degree) fabric like tents or curtains. Also if its winter and you are hiding inside with a house with a heat source the walls and roof will become hot in the thermals giving you away. Also if you are in the woods, no mater how deep, if you have a fire or running vehicle the heat will warm up the leaves above as it rises, and be a big arrow pointing to your position. You are just a mortar round away from meeting your maker. One way to lessen the effect is to start a fire deep into the side of a mound of dirt. The dirt will absorb more of the heat making it less noticable (but still dangerous)

Hope this helps some, sorry its a book. Feel free to dispute my thoughts

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
here is a few ideas for ways to conceal your hideout if you have an underground place plant pompus grass around top and in front of entry way plant several plants in a flower bed that can be slid out of way the grass grows well in southern climates and is a natural way to keep out large predators the blades are razor sharp and someone is just going to assume they are part of ornamental landscaping. another natural way to protect your hideaway is to plant brambles all around property in middle of a forset only you would know safe way around property anybody else would just thoink it was a bunch of thick underbrush.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join