It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Santa didn't, but his companion did.

Krampus accompanies Saint Nicholas during the Christmas season, warning and punishing bad children, in contrast to St. Nicholas, who gives gifts to good children. When the Krampus finds a particularly naughty child, it stuffs the child in its sack and carries the frightened child away to its lair, presumably to devour for its Christmas dinner.

Santa is a pagan hold over of the celebration of the birth of the sun god. We all know how the church used pagan holidays to knit pagans and heathens into their congregation. The confusion is embedded deep within the Christmas holiday spirit. Santa is an example of the blatant melding of the two, that lies below the conscious level of most Christian families.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

So are you attributing such behavior to Jesus. Oh wait sorry you don't believe in Jesus.

What's the purpose of this thread Win ?

"For adults that refuse to grow up " How blatant does it have to be ?
edit on 18-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My not buying into the story of the virgin birth, the resurrection and the god status of Jesus doesn't have any bearing this discussion.

Christmas and its celebration has nothing to do with Jesus. Really!

The fact that most Christians don't know that leaves them vulnerable to substitute, ignorantly so, the spiritual gifts that Jesus brings to mankind as material presents. Since we're incapable of giving the gifts that Jesus brings humanity ourselves, as they are not ours to give, we blindly substitute the giver as Santa.

Finally we abandon the spiritual gift of Jesus altogether at Christmas time, and assume the role of gift giver ourselves. We fool our children until they are old enough to understand.

When are we going to be old enough to understand the transference of shifted giving and receiving is contrary to the actual message of Jesus? When will see the irony that this whole mess was instigated by the church in the first place, to confuse pagan people into believing the message of Jesus?

edit on 18-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

The topic of this thread is For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss. Can we please stick to that and avoid bickering about each other?

Why doesn't OP include " Genie in a bottle " or " Bell hop " or " Wish maker " ? I think it's clear to OP and everyone on these boards. Does Santa have wrath ? The very Idea of this thread is to insult Christians and their God.

Is that cool with ATS?
I'm waiting for an answer.

The OP was keyed off of a URL about Santa giving the appearance of god, that was written by a Christian Oriented source. So, the Santa theme entered there, and the issues of fooling little children.

So, one then can connect the little children to a earlier theme about the "Children of god", which is the Essene's name and their movement that insisted on pious truth in religion and stories of god.

Did not Jesus tell on the Bible Account that his god was not their god...

The Chirsitians god is Yahweh, or the god of the OT.

So, by your criteria the NT and the real Jesus message is an insult to Christians that underwrite Yahweh.

What is an insult to overall religious intelligence is the pagan games of celebration of Jesus BD on a pagan Sun holiday of Dec. 25. Using the same day to memic elements of Jesus with Santa, which is also a myth to fool the Children of god. Plus, all these needs to special miracles to have believers.

The theme here is no different than the elements that Jesus wanted to put forward and, if anything, its intentions are to end the sins of current man's fallacy story for Jesus and correct the record toward truthful accounts for Jesus. The theme is highly supportive of Jesus, The Man. Also supports the elements for what was Jesus and his father story for god, which everyone found so special from the times of the Genesis Creation story of the times of the City of Ur and Eridu. There is a story of Creation and Eden there near the City of Ur, but one that doesn't need any miracles to take notice.

Genies, Bell Hops, and Wish Maker doesn't involve nice clean association to Christimas and Jesus BD, plus the OP's Religion site link just didn't get into that either. The whole story of Revelation is about the mountain of stone cast upon the feet of clay, the fallacy, which is about ending the corrupted church and its political religious games that make continual sin against Jesus name and hide his real message to the world.

Me thinks you jump far afield from the obvious source for the OP. "I Memorize (not think), therefore, I not" should be your slogan as opposed to I think, therefore, I am.

edit on 18-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Revelation speaks to the Jesus Mtn of Stone on the feet of Clay, or the fallacy orgins of political religion.......

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

I think not !

I concern myself with knowing.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Never understood why some feel the need to create threads like these, as if you could not see what the OP's true intentions here are. I am not a believer, but I never feel the need to attack someone else belief in something. As others have said, if believing in it makes them feel good then who am I to judge. Leave the Christians alone already. Attack the organized side of religion not the belief itself.
I could say a few choice things about Atheist yet I don't, just like I say nothing about any other religious beliefs out there.

I think this says it better than I did.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I think not !

It does not appear to be the case, else you would not ignore the previous page link that speaks to the Essene process of the Story of the Star, which even the Kings of Babylon keyed off upon. It is a story that does not require miracles, just knowing what the Essene believed, and their want for a Messiah:

www.mastermason.com...

This is strongly supported by the discovery of an astronomical tablet at Sipper, on the banks of the Euphrates, which contains a reference to the Triple Conjunction. 6 BC, Apr 17, Jupiter was in a rare alignment with the constellation Aries and marked an important date for ancient astrologers. Jesus was believed to have been born in this year. (SFC, 4/13/01, p.C1) 2BC Jun 17, Jupiter and Venus drew close together and appeared to fuse as a single star. This was later thought to be the Biblical star of Bethlehem.. ..but is not.(SSFC, 12/23/01, Par p.9 Time Lines

Me thinks you make lots of noise over nothing, as the Star is explained in the Essene history.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

I think not !

It does not appear to be the case, else you would not ignore the previous page link that speaks to the Essene process of the Story of the Star, which even the Kings of Babylon keyed off upon. It is a story that does not require miracles, just knowing what the Essene believed, and their want for a Messiah:

www.mastermason.com...

This is strongly supported by the discovery of an astronomical tablet at Sipper, on the banks of the Euphrates, which contains a reference to the Triple Conjunction. 6 BC, Apr 17, Jupiter was in a rare alignment with the constellation Aries and marked an important date for ancient astrologers. Jesus was believed to have been born in this year. (SFC, 4/13/01, p.C1) 2BC Jun 17, Jupiter and Venus drew close together and appeared to fuse as a single star. This was later thought to be the Biblical star of Bethlehem.. ..but is not.(SSFC, 12/23/01, Par p.9 Time Lines

Me thinks you make lots of noise over nothing, as the Star is explained in the Essene history.

If you ask me the guys research is valid to any insults the OP is trying to make.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

If you ask me the guys research is valid to any insults the OP is trying to make.

Ah, get over your non-sense. Nothing in this entire theme has suggested the Magi and Star story was false. It has, in fact, supported that the ancients studied the stars and if you read the Essene planned this timed birth for Jesus to celestially set the stage for his becoming the Essene Messiah, and they taught him what was the pious factors of relgion to go take on the Pharisee and the Saduccee. Jesus was raised to become the Messiah.

The Magi were Kings of the Babylon area that recognized what the Essene were trying to do with making a better message, and these Kings were from the very region of the Creator gods and they likely saw their cities and gave gifts symbolic of the creator gods, which was the Myrrh, Frankensense, and gold.

What this theme does take on is all the hocus-pocus exaggerations on Virgin Birth being taken into the world of myth and the death and resurrection stuff all overplayed. I am very fine with Jesus as the Man, but Christians have to turn him into a myth which has most of the world toss out the message as myth.

My theme supports the same message as in Revelations that the church will be political and become corrupt. The Bible was the start of the political corruption and it continues with the mainstream churches of today.

So, in reality you are calling "The Word" itself as insulting, and I echo the Revelation message. Plus, most of the real world tells Christians the same thing and calls them Infidels and False Idol Worshipers.

Your complaints appear far off base, and you as well.

edit on 18-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The gifts that mimic the values of the creator gods

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

What this theme does take on is all the hocus-pocus exaggerations on Virgin Birth being taken into the world of myth and the death and resurrection stuff all overplayed. I am very fine with Jesus as the Man, but Christians have to turn him into a myth which has most of the world toss out the message as myth.

It is the word of God that turns Christ into what you call a myth. The Word of God, The Living Bible, of which I have
found no better example of direct communication from God, of which if there ever has been one ? Communication there surely must be. All you have done is divert the truth to suit you. Shame will fall upon you.
edit on 19-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do you also assume that the words and advice from Paul are also the "Word of God?"

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by randyvs

Do you also assume that the words and advice from Paul are also the "Word of God?"

What ever lay between it's binders.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hmm, It seems to me that Paul didn't hear the words of Jesus, at all! Maybe he didn't have access to the gospels.

Paul says:
1Cor.4
[15] For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Jesus says:
Matt.23
[9] And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

Paul says:
1Cor.12
[28] And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers,
Eph.4
[11] And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers,
1Tim.2
[7] For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
2Tim.1
[11] For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher,

Jesus says:
Matt.23
[8] But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren.

Paul says:
Rom.11
[26] and so all Israel will be saved; as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob.

Jesus says:
Matt.7
[14] For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Paul says:
Rom.10
[4] For Christ is the end of the law, that every one who has faith may be justified.

Jesus says:
Matt.5
[17] Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
[18] For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

I love the way Paul usurps Jesus and sets himself up as the ultimate teacher, and then says "I'm not lying!"

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

What do you want me to say Win. A lot of the things Paul says are despicable in my view. It doesn't mean he didn't say them. So they're recorded as being the truth of he said. Not that what he said is truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It is the word of God that turns Christ into what you call a myth. The Word of God, The Living Bible, of which I have
found no better example of direct communication from God, of which if there ever has been one ? Communication there surely must be. All you have done is divert the truth to suit you. Shame will fall upon you.

Direct Communication from god ah.

What kind of pencil did god use?

How did god do battle with the Elohim, aka other gods, to decide who got the pencil?

I didn't think Mother Nature needed a pencil.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Now you're being naive. God spoke the uni-verse into existence. But needs a pencil to communicate ? You are without any knowledge of your own Heavenly Father.

Heavenly added

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Now you're being naive. God spoke the uni-verse into existence. But needs a pencil to communicate ? You are without any knowledge of your own Heavenly Father.

Heavenly added

So, tell why when we read the Bibles authors we find the various names of Kings and Disciples?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I don't see how it matters.
Men even Paul say what they want daily. And you're off topic.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I think if anything the OP is not only melodramatic, but childish in his attempt to mock christians like he does day in and day out, if not using ad hominem attacks against ats members themselves, going out of his way to mock their beliefs. He is not about targetting religions, only attacking christianity. He never posts anything about any other religions, showing he has a clear hatred for christians and Jesus.

Right. That's right, but what's absurd about it, is that he calls himself MagnumOpus, which is laughable in light of his M.O. and the nature and style of his attack, including the very title of this thread. Some people eh?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What do you want me to say Win. A lot of the things Paul says are despicable in my view. It doesn't mean he didn't say them. So they're recorded as being the truth of he said. Not that what he said is truth.

Star for you for saying that some of the things Paul says are disagreeable!

So, does that mean that we can safely say that not all Paul's words are the "Word of God, even though they fall between the covers of in Bible?"

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join