It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Then along the lines for the Santa Theme, we discover in Revelations that Jesus is going to look a lot like Santa with White Hair and White Beard. For some he has presents, but for those that don't want a King running the world perhaps not.

www.tellout.com...

(Revelation 1.13-14)
"Someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire." (Revelation 1:13-14)

---------

The robe that the Risen Christ was wearing was also then the robe of "royalty." (See painting of Christ's ascension at right.) No longer was he a criminal on a cross, he was dressed like a king. In the vision of Daniel, the divine figure who came to tell him the truth of God was clothed in fine linen and wrapped with a fine gold belt "a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest."3

-------

Jesus' appearance is further described in Revelation. His hair is described as "white like wool as white as snow." This is reminiscent of God himself in Daniel's prophecy.4 White hair indicates a person of great age, wisdom and pure motives. (Maybe like the photograph of the bearded man at right.)

So, by the times little kids get to read this sort of thing it appears Jesus and Santa have looks in common, plus lots of the other issues in the OP URL.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnumOpus

bible.cc...

John 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father.

Do not touch me, I have not gone to the Father. Which means he never died on the Cross.

Well said. Jesus survived the crucifixion. Should be obvious.

new topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join