It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There are some other decent sites that explain a lot of the most pious religious group from the Jewish religion. This one is short and written Newsprint styled:

www.newsfinder.org...

Some were celibate, others were householders with families.

The principle teacher for the Essenes was the rabban, or rabboni, which means master. The rabban’s assistant was the rabbi, or teacher. The rabbi was assisted by the rab, or assistant teacher.

The Dead Sea Scrolls established the fact that they revered The Book of Enoch (as differentiated from the Keys of Enoch).

In order to preserve their sacred records from the Romans and other profane groups, the Essenes hid such records in caves and crypts, and inside pottery jars especially made for this purpose.

It is scrolls such as these that were found in 1947 near the Dead Sea. Two of these scrolls were called, The Manual of Discipline and The War of the Sons of Light with the Sons of Darkness.

----------

The Essenes were loosely divided into two groups:

1. Practicai: Practitioners--focused on physical survival--pottery, clothing, pottery, and carpentry

2. Therapeutici: the healers--three categories: Master Herbalists--herbs, roots, leaves, bark Stone healings--clay Spiritual energy--using spiritual energies of the soul, monad, God

The Essenes taught that the physical body was the temple of the soul.

This one is one of the best of all the Essene subject sites on the Internet:

www.hisholychurch.org...

History and the Essene

They were labeled as healers and doctors. They sought the natural herbs and the use of oils in service, as well as the content of natural minerals and diet used in healing. They were devoted to service of poor and rich, Jew and gentile alike, even refusing to own slaves. They were hailed for their honesty, temperance, reason, and justice, as well as their talent as healers and prophets.

“The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,” Luke 4:18

Essene often lived in secluded places during training and preparation. Cities and towns did not have a monopoly on immorality, but they often had the lion's share of it. They believed that service and fasting allowed one to confront the beast or evil in their own heart. With the aid of grace, one could seek and find the truth of God’s Way on earth through service and sacrifice.

“And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.” Mark 1:13

The followers of Christ and John the Baptist were familiar with much of what was called “Essene”. They washed their bodies, but also their hearts. They spoke of enlightenment, not entitlements. They sought the sincerity in their novitiates with adherence to precepts, overlooked by others. They studied and meditated on the issues of man and God. Their “Schools of Prophets” were famous. Josephus tells of Manahem the Essene who prophesied Herod’s kingship when he had no royal expectations. They believed divine revelation was essential.

And this site on the Essene is linked to a Masonic crafted page. There are many teachings from the Masons that are extremely similar to the Essene.

www.mastermason.com...

Second, there is an ancient Babylonian clay tablet (a picture of a copy tablet in the British museum is not shown) dated to 8 BC, which describes the celestial events for then upcoming 13 months. The tablet shows that Jupiter and Saturn would remain together in the constellation of Pisces for eleven months and come in close conjunction three times. Since the Babylonian lunar year begins at the vernal equinox (March/April), the tablet's description refers to the period, March/April 7 BC - March/April 6 BC. According to Parpola, this tablet says "Month 10, the first of which (December 23) will follow the 29th of the previous month. Jupiter and Saturn in Pisces, Venus in Scorpio, Mars in Aquarius...." April 17th to be exact.

This is strongly supported by the discovery of an astronomical tablet at Sipper, on the banks of the Euphrates, which contains a reference to the Triple Conjunction. 6 BC, Apr 17, Jupiter was in a rare alignment with the constellation Aries and marked an important date for ancient astrologers. Jesus was believed to have been born in this year. (SFC, 4/13/01, p.C1) 2BC Jun 17, Jupiter and Venus drew close together and appeared to fuse as a single star. This was later thought to be the Biblical star of Bethlehem.. ..but is not.(SSFC, 12/23/01, Par p.9 Time Lines.

----------

Four copies of astronomical tablets describing celestial activities in 7 BC are known to have survived. This means that Babylonian astronomers were thoroughly familiar with the movements of the stars and planets, and hand carried tablets or c-mailed (mailed by caravan) tablet copies to fellow astronomers.

In the Babylonian system Jupiter represented the star of Marduk, the supreme Babylonian god. Saturn was the "Steady One." The constellation Pisces was associated with Ea, the god of wisdom, life and creation. The conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in Pisces predicts from Babylonian's viewpoint "the end of the old world order and the birth of a new king chosen by God." Parpola contends that Augustus' (BC 27 - AD 12 or 14) authority was still questioned and there was power vacuum in the Middle East, and the people, including the Jews, were looking for a new King that would topple the Roman Empire.

The Three Kings were expert astrologers. Knowing this conjunction would take place they set out months in advance to find the 'New King'. However they had to wait until the 'birth' star actually appeared before the final journey to Jerusalem.

So, there are some interesting associations with the Essene, and the issues of astrology from Babylon. The Babylon Kings would be sharing the gold, myrrh, and frankensence due to its associations from the Creator god origins of the region the Magi came from.

The religious issues of Jesus need no miracles like Virgin Birth, nor Resurrection, as most all that is trumped up overstatement, as all religious truth has to follow the laws of the universe. If you die you can't come back to life in any rational sense, and there is only conception of human life via the typical way.

edit on 17-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The unusual Jewish Community that the Bible omits and churches don't teach you

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You make fun of that which you don't understand. It's happened before, but that doesn't make it any less reprehensible.

People turn to religion for comfort. Who are you to judge them for it? Are you going to heal that hole in their heart where love used to live? Are you going to bring back the dead?

Save your sarcasm for those who deserve it. The religious seek their gods for good reasons. That they do so is none of your [snipped] business.
edit on Fri Aug 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

FINAL REMINDER!!

Originally posted by Hefficide
Folks,

The topic of this thread is For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss. Can we please stick to that and avoid bickering about each other?

Thanks!

Hefficide
ATS Moderator

Any continuation of off topic and/or rude remarks will result in the thread's closure.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

DontTreadOnMe
SuperModerator
edit on Thu Aug 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Hello Hefficide and DontTreadOnMe,

I think I can see where this might be heading, as you are going after any off topic and/or rude remarks and that results in the threads closure. I think all the Detractor folks just saw the "Go Button" to shut down threads discussion, as all they have to do is toss out some offensive comments whenever they don't agree with anyone or they don't support their cause or belief.

My I kindly suggest that the idea on ATS is to Deny Ignorance and in other to do this effectively one has to have some level of resistance to those not interested in discussions of more enlighting issues in religion or whatever the case may be. There will always be these name callers and detractors, where all they end up doing is trashing up a discussion with various levels of name calling.

May I suggest something more along the lines of what Hefficide suggested previously, which is go after those directly who obviously have intentions to disrupt a threads free discussions by tossing out their Huge Letters, various diatribes and such. Simply because if you close a threads discussion over their bad activity, you reward that bad activity. So, you have not acted to deter that bad behavior, but it appears perhaps to reward these acts of detrailing with bad language, Huge Letters, and basic not engaging in intelligent differing opinion process at the intellectual level that does ATS and everyone good.

Else, all a detractor has to do is come along and trash up a topic, and they silence the threads discussion and those that can maintain the difference of opionion via a friendly manner.

Too many times, I see these over the top religion believers easily becomes the most rude, most prone toward name calling and diatribes, rather that sticking to the subject and intellectual levels of debate.

So, in order to keep things at the intellectual level it appears a more direct approach toward the specific individuals may be more in keeping with ATS winning when it comes to being able to deny ignorance via not having those that can't maintain good behavior able to silence the others that do and find the subject interesting.

Thanks for any consideration,

MO

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
You make fun of that which you don't understand. It's happened before, but that doesn't make it any less reprehensible.

People turn to religion for comfort. Who are you to judge them for it? Are you going to heal that hole in their heart where love used to live? Are you going to bring back the dead?

Save your sarcasm for those who deserve it. The religious seek their gods for good reasons. That they do so is none of your [snipped] business.
edit on Fri Aug 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

You and I and lots of others hitched a ride on our little planet Earth. I don't oppose anyone helping folks in the way you tell, but a large stack of good deeds may not offset the one bad deed that leads everyone into WWIII.

So, just that defense doesn't excuse the churches and their followers for allowing political corruption of the churches messages that well go against truth and nature' ways in the world, abduct the pious beliefs of Jesus and subvert them into myths, and this process leading up to what John forecast from Patmos a couple of millenea ago.

It becomes my business and everyone elses business in the world when the game is using religion to subvert the world's knowledge in ways that depart from freedom, set up untruthful methods to gain power and control by hidden Royalist agendas.

I think you'll find not only me jumping onto these issues, but these Middle East problems are rooted in this process, and Russian and China are in there jumping on things too. Which is all part of the discussion for the issues linked to Revelations.

Religion isn't seeking truth, it seeks politics and gathering a following, which then supports the age old religious blood-line Royalist big money games.

So, get ready the entire world is about to heave a stone on your feet of clay.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Revelations speaks to serious problems with the political church, and I do think we are seeing how these problems actually stack up from today's perspectives. Obviously, if the Bible Narrative was not political it would have things like the Book of Enoch in there, plus give a lot of attention to the Essenes. One thing that I notice is that when I am inclusive of what the Bible left out, the Revelation things become much more clear.

All that "Sign of the Beast" issue on the forehead is about cognative function. Humans are supposed to think and this old slogan comes to mind: I think, therefore I am. Higher Thinking is what separates man from the beasts, and the mark of the Beast appears to be those that because they memorized only what a political religious process wanted them to know and told them that would make them close to god, and that empowers this arrogance that Revelations advertised would happen. The 666 is about temple destructions and failure to learn the lessons, and the Beast insists on walking the same old cattle trails from memory and resists change.

So, this thread has spend a little time presenting the issues on the Annunaki and Creator gods. They go by Shining Ones and a lot of other names, like Elohim, but these are the central issue for what is god in the Bible's narrative. The Essene information is there for those that want to gain a better knowledge of Jesus mentoring. We have seen how Revelations talks about the Essene by their look, because even back then the name Essene was not used for them.

The Big Problem is the Organized Church has issues with being rotten at the core, due to political games on recounting what really occured back in those days. The kinds of problems this causes ios they have the Middle East folks calling US Soldiers Infidels, most Americans, and any Christian country that gets into these false idol issues with perverted Jesus theology.

As we have seen, some Christians jump up and down about what business is this of yours, and pretend they do this in their own little house or something, but this isn't the case. Christians are on TV, on the Radio, running around counties that don't like faked up religion and they are pretty much trying to be in everyone's face. Nobody cares what some odd religion beliefs do when you keep to you own little world and out of politics, but when these religion beliefs take wings and end up on everyone's doorsteps and on TV and one finds they are not presenting honest truth from history and religion, anyone would notice these claims of benevolence appear more and more bogus.

It is the Christian's worship of false Idols that has American Soldiers called Infidels in war zones, and lots of bullets shot at Infidels that might not be, but for the political gains of the Churches. It is an issue that real citizens should not be ignorant as to what is happening, as this mess has become everyone's business these days. Else, if everyone remains ignorant of these problems and the other side isn't, tensons rise and we loose the peace and common ground of religious values.

So, here on ATS you get to watch some of the drama happen between the memorizers of one book and their need to feel correct to the point of the expressions of Arrogance. Yet, when that Arrogance is behind lots of the tensions for the estimated WWIII of Revelations, we all should pick up a mountain and not the little stones that Islam tosses at little things down in Mecca. It would appear in some ways that Islam is trying to toss stones on the feet of clay.

Slowly, it gets down to the church that has fallen away due to too much politics of religions are going to have to accept the honesty methods from the Essene and the Essene's knowledge of issues for the gods of Anu. There is a reason that lots of the Arabs may know parts of this old story better, as where it began sits right in the middle of Iraq and the Fertile Crescent zone.

There is a lot of problems, but the first one to acknowledge is the problems of the current organized churches and their political content that is at the roots of religious unbalance starting these wars. Plus, the money factor, because all these fake religion games are invested in weapons for wars. One can break their backs with peace, tossing out the balanced truths, and getting down to the business of real equality and peace.

Everyone gets to watch to see if this cracking open the Revelations story will cause serious change in those on the wrong side of truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I apologize for my language. I'm a little stressed lately.

My point is this, no one really has the right to judge a person as delusional (Santa Claus) because they believe in a higher power.

There is a great deal of evidence all around us that there is an intelligent force at work which is responsible for our existence. Look at your hand. Open and close it. When closed, all the fingers are the same length. It is a miracle of creation. Do you honestly believe its design is an accident of evolution?

We know who Santa is. We don't know who or what created the universe we live in.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

My point is this, no one really has the right to judge a person as delusional (Santa Claus) because they believe in a higher power.

The op has a higher power, just not the same one as the traditional Christian has, and says that christianity is based on false writings. Yet he has no proof that his resources are any more reliable and worthy to see as truth.

His religion could be deemed as delusional at Santa Claus , if some were to compare the two.

Everyone has the right to seek out their own truth,and there will be major disagreements along the way based on varying arguments.

I think its best to try not to put down anyone as delusional, especially when you don't have rock solid evidence that your truth is in fact any more of a reality.

edit on 17-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Speaking of clay feet, and the wrong turns of the church, I read the THE COMPLETE CANONS OF THE SYNOD OF LAODICEA IN PHRYGIA PACATIANA, just yesterday!

Talk about evil. It literally turned the church into an idol! You can see why the elite didn't want the average peon to read, lest they see who/what the Antichrist really is, and know who's speaking the words of Satan!

CANON XXXIV.

No Christian shall forsake the martyrs of Christ, and turn to false martyrs, that is, to those of the heretics, or those who formerly were heretics; for they are aliens from God. Let those, therefore, who go after them, be anathema.

CANON XXXV.

CHRISTIANS must not forsake the Church of God, and go away and invoke angels and gather assemblies, which things are forbidden. If, therefore, any one shall be found engaged in this covert idolatry, let him be anathema; for he has forsaken our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and has gone over to idolatry.

CANON XXXVI.

THEY who are of the priesthood, or of the clergy, shall not be magicians, enchanters, mathematicians, or astrologers; nor shall they make what are called amulets, which are chains for their own souls. And those who wear such, we command to be cast out of the Church.

CANON XXXVII.

IT is not lawful to receive portions sent from the feasts of Jews or heretics, nor to feast together with them.

CANON XXXVIII.

IT is not lawful to receive unleavened bread from the Jews, nor to be partakers of their impiety.

CANON XXXIX.

IT is not lawful to feast together with the heathen, and to be partakers of their godlessness.
reluctant-messenger.com...

Yikes! Clay feet indeed!

Akragon has a thread on these here: www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=677931

edit on 17-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Time has tempered faith with a measure of reality. Only the most deeply religious believe in such things these days.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Yes, but this is the stuff the "church" is built on. It was headed in the wrong direction back then, and it hasn't turned itself around. Some individuals have sought out other methods of worship and today, we can read and see what Jesus was saying. We can also see where the lies began and still are flowing forward, as MagnumO. is attempting to point out.

What direction would the church have gone had it been led by the Godly instead of the truly godless! Possibly the Essenes and Gnotics would have a better hold on religion these days, and not be swept under the carpet as heretics.

When I read the OP's comments about the Essenes it is like a breath of fresh air to me, and it rings true and reminds me of better days.

edit on 17-8-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The freaky thing about organized religion, to me, is that it all seems based on sado-masochism.

It would be nice if we could figure out where that came from. Is it a human trait in general, or was it encouraged somewhere along the way?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Right! See, it seems like it comes from Jesus, and his sacrifice. But that's not what he was teaching.

He walks in the middle of a situation where the people are ready to stone a woman for adultery, and he convinces them not to. Not very Old Testament, huh? Jesus taught self love and love of God, while the church taught self depreciation and love of the church over the teachings of Jesus! Or course, those people didn't know the teachings of Jesus, except what the church said he said. They couldn't read it for themselves and then question the actions of the church accordingly.

Now, the church is to big to fail, so people just keep up the image, and hope for the best.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Well, Christians aren't the only ones who deny themselves. Moslems claim they don't drink, etc., and they starve themselves all day for a month.

What is the point? You're a better person because you suffer? BS. To me, it's pure masochism.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I apologize for my language. I'm a little stressed lately.

There is a great deal of evidence all around us that there is an intelligent force at work which is responsible for our existence. Look at your hand. Open and close it. When closed, all the fingers are the same length. It is a miracle of creation. Do you honestly believe its design is an accident of evolution?

We know who Santa is. We don't know who or what created the universe we live in.

I don't have trouble with the higher power, intelligent design, or great architech concepts. It is the "I think therefore I am theme."

Here is were the issue begins, god created man in his image, so the story tells for the Creation of Adam.

So, what or who created god.

Get to tbe bottom of that and you'll find the point that I have been making.

Now, how many Creations were there?

edit on 17-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: the paradox

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Well, Christians aren't the only ones who deny themselves. Moslems claim they don't drink, etc., and they starve themselves all day for a month.

What is the point? You're a better person because you suffer? BS. To me, it's pure masochism.

Before this turns into another explicative deleted ceremony, loose the bad language. Pretend you went to church.

Nothing wrong with not drinking alcohol. Someday, allow the world to be the standard and not your limited viewpoint. Start with a google for Fasting, and you'll discover doing that helps health and longevity. And that is why they do it. Plus, it does a little control of mind over body, which is good training. Example

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 17-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Must not have been very sorry

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
In looking around the Internet to see how many other sites found that is obvious to those that know the Essene signature, this site popped up. It appears linked with Hindu and various areas, and they worry about the dual personalities of god.

www.newagegod.com...

The Original 144,000 “Male Virgins”

It is not obvious from this first description of the 144,000, that found in Revelation 7:4,5, that we are dealing only with males. We can assume that each of the tribes named had both women and children. But Jesus corrects this first impression later in Revelation 14:1-5, his second attempt to provide the clues necessary to identify the Essenes. (Clues which modern religious leaders of all denominations choose to ignore.)

Revelation 14:1 “And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.”

Some interesting bits of new perspective in this site, but it is very interesting that even the Hindu know the trademark signature for the Essene. And so did Jesus.

A bit more interesting is:

www.newagegod.com...

edit on 18-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: A Hindu Insight

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by aaaiii

Right! See, it seems like it comes from Jesus, and his sacrifice. But that's not what he was teaching.

He walks in the middle of a situation where the people are ready to stone a woman for adultery, and he convinces them not to. Not very Old Testament, huh? Jesus taught self love and love of God, while the church taught self depreciation and love of the church over the teachings of Jesus! Or course, those people didn't know the teachings of Jesus, except what the church said he said. They couldn't read it for themselves and then question the actions of the church accordingly.

Now, the church is to big to fail, so people just keep up the image, and hope for the best.

Excellent Points. I agree.

But, like in the times of Gallileo the church is going to have to get in tune with science. Which means recognize these points of yours, plus add in things like we don't need the fantastic departure from reality to consider Jesus, the Man, as Messiah.

The big issues tthese days is the church is so out of agreement with science that they look dumb, as they did in resisting Gallileo.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by aaaiii

The op has a higher power, just not the same one as the traditional Christian has, and says that christianity is based on false writings. Yet he has no proof that his resources are any more reliable and worthy to see as truth.

His religion could be deemed as delusional at Santa Claus , if some were to compare the two.

Everyone has the right to seek out their own truth,and there will be major disagreements along the way based on varying arguments.

I think its best to try not to put down anyone as delusional, especially when you don't have rock solid evidence that your truth is in fact any more of a reality.

I don't have any great issue with Intelligent Design themes, as there is order in the universe, plus a great deal of Chaos of that order. Science looks at this order of the physical world and it has physical laws self evident.

Religion however promote fallacy. ( A fallacy is incorrect argumentation in logic and rhetoric resulting in a lack of validity, or more generally, a lack of soundness. )

Examples of fallacy here is the Earth is 6,000 years old, when the fossil records show the Earth is millions of years old via dating processes, looking at coal beds high above oceans with little creatures embedded.

But what perhaps convicts religion the best of its fallacy is its own words from the Bible Narrative. Like god created man in his own image. The Bible speaks to Elohim, which means multiple gods. Then it tells of Adam was made by god, but then who or what created god and really the gods, plural. They always tend to get hung up right about there because it is required logically to admit that the Bible didn't stand the literal test for truth.

So, contrary to the supposition of the Bible thumpers, I have a huge mountain of truth to toss on their feet of clay and smash their vapid beliefs into nothing but fallacy.

Example:

www.scientificamerican.com...

Faith and Foolishness: When Religious Beliefs Become Dangerous
Religious leaders should be held accountable when their irrational ideas turn harmful

-----

I don’t know which is more dangerous, that religious beliefs force some people to choose between knowledge and myth or that pointing out how religion can purvey ignorance is taboo. To do so risks being branded as intolerant of religion.

-----

Keeping religion immune from criticism is both unwarranted and dangerous. Unless we are willing to expose religious irrationality whenever it arises, we will encourage irrational public policy and promote ignorance over education for our children.

Even the Church is having to roll over on the age of Earth and the proof of Evolution:

www.catholic.com...

Pope John Paul II, on the 23rd of October, 1996, while speaking to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences plenary session at the Vatican, declared the evolutionary theories of Charles Darwin to be fact, tacitly acknowledging that man evolved from the apes while teaching that at some period in history God gave souls to humankind, that leap from animal to human.

biblelight.net...

LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy - Pope Benedict XVI said the debate raging in some countries — particularly the United States and his native Germany — between creationism and evolution was an “absurdity,” saying that evolution can coexist with faith.

The pontiff, speaking as he was concluding his holiday in northern Italy, also said that while there is much scientific proof to support evolution, the theory could not exclude a role by God.
“They are presented as alternatives that exclude each other,” the pope said. “This clash is an absurdity because on one hand there is much scientific proof in favor of evolution, which appears as a reality that we must see and which enriches our understanding of life and being as such.”
He said evolution did not answer all the questions: “Above all it does not answer the great philosophical question, ‘Where does everything come from?’”

Now we have the church itself having to admit the Earth is much older than 6,000 years.

So, I dare say the fallacy of religious faith that leads to the corruption of reality are falling rapidly. That little game of god can do anything and the games of miracles by god are also falling down as being against physical reality and corrupts the laws of nature theme, or the design of god/intelligent design. That is very rock solid science.

edit on 18-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: How easily fallacy of faith crumbles when stones crumble feet of clay.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Huge Letters, and basic not engaging in intelligent differing opinion process at the intellectual level that does ATS and everyone good.

Else, all a detractor has to do is come along and trash up a topic, and they silence the threads discussion and those that can maintain the difference of opionion via a friendly manner.

Too many times, I see these over the top religion believers easily becomes the most rude, most prone toward name calling and diatribes, rather that sticking to the subject and intellectual levels of debate.

So, in order to keep things at the intellectual level it appears a more direct approach toward the specific individuals may be more in keeping with ATS winning when it comes to being able to deny ignorance via not having those that can't maintain good behavior able to silence the others that do and find the subject interesting.

Very well said. I gave you a star for this, M. I too see this all the time in ATS. Someone starts a thread exploring the origins of the Bible, for instance, and the local religious crowd does everything possible to close the thread, including all caps yelling, very long Bible quotes that take up a whole page sometimes, Links to Christian sites to support their agendas, calling names, and making personal insults. A good example of religious people killing a thread is right here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The detractors check in on page one, you can tell by the "Off Topic" signs and T&C Violations.

A simple question was asked at the beginning of the post:

Does Christianity forbid asking hard questions about its doctrines?

Yes, they certainly do forbid anyone from telling what they learned about the dark secrets of Christianity, and the sinister agenda of their holy books they hold up like a shield. Everything not biblical gets a nice little label, Demon. Any other God or Goddess becomes Satan. It is truly sad that religious people will not leave intellect alone to pursue their research and present it to the membership for consideration.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

The topic of this thread is For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss. Can we please stick to that and avoid bickering about each other?

Why doesn't OP include " Genie in a bottle " or " Bell hop " or " Wish maker " ? I think it's clear to OP and everyone on these boards. Does Santa have wrath ? The very Idea of this thread is to insult Christians and their God.

Is that cool with ATS?
I'm waiting for an answer.
edit on 18-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join