It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MagnumOpus

What this theme does take on is all the hocus-pocus exaggerations on Virgin Birth being taken into the world of myth and the death and resurrection stuff all overplayed. I am very fine with Jesus as the Man, but Christians have to turn him into a myth which has most of the world toss out the message as myth.

It is the word of God that turns Christ into what you call a myth. The Word of God, The Living Bible, of which I have
found no better example of direct communication from God, of which if there ever has been one ? Communication there surely must be. All you have done is divert the truth to suit you. Shame will fall upon you.

Direct Communication from god ah.

What kind of pencil did god use?

How did god do battle with the Elohim, aka other gods, to decide who got the pencil?

I didn't think Mother Nature needed a pencil.

How childish can you be?

And you say that Christianity is for adults who refuse to grow up?!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

reply to post by windword

What do you want me to say Win. A lot of the things Paul says are despicable in my view. It doesn't mean he didn't say them. So they're recorded as being the truth of he said. Not that what he said is truth.
edit on 19-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Star for you for saying that some of the things Paul says are disagreeable!

So, does that mean that we can safely say that not all Paul's words are the "Word of God, even though they fall between the covers of in Bible?"

And you're nitpicking just to be adversarial, it's always the same with you too.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So, does that mean that we can safely say that not all Paul's words are the "Word of God, even though they fall between the covers of in Bible?"

I will most certainly agree that if they are not Gods words then they are recorded there in because the truth of them lay only in the fact of what was said. So yes Win you've cornered me.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I don't see how it matters.
Men even Paul say what they want daily. And you're off topic.

Nope, we are very on topic and dealing with fables, aka Santa type words.

You stated direct communication with god.

Does this mean King David was god?

Does the gold laden pharoah feed the ground giving way under his feet of clay.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I believe it is a very valid point, Paul seems like he was trying to usurp Jesus, calling himself 'father'. There is no way you can take what he said out of context, it means what it means.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I believe it is a very valid point, Paul seems like he was trying to usurp Jesus, calling himself 'father'. There is no way you can take what he said out of context, it means what it means.

And so there is truth to it being what was said by a human being. You see the Bible can be filled with the lies of mankind telling himself he's better than God or anything else. But if that's what was said the truth lay in that context.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Paul stated his opinions, and he did have them. This doesn't mean he wasn't lead by the Spirit. Examples of his opinions are like his preaching celibacy. Jesus didn't order celibacy, only that not all men were meant to have a wife and to those who were not should be celibate (not fornicators). The stance of women in roles of ministry is also his opinion. Mary Magdalen and Mary the mother of Jesus and other women who remained unmentioned at the Upper Room were chosen for apostleship which is a role of ministry. By knowing the Word you can seperate his opinions from the mix. The Apostles all came from different walks of life, so it gave them a unique perspective.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Paul stated his opinions, and he did have them. This doesn't mean he wasn't lead by the Spirit. Examples of his opinions are like his preaching celibacy. Jesus didn't order celibacy, only that not all men were meant to have a wife and to those who were not should be celibate (not fornicators). The stance of women in roles of ministry is also his opinion. Mary Magdalen and Mary the mother of Jesus and other women who remained unmentioned at the Upper Room were chosen for apostleship which is a role of ministry. By knowing the Word you can seperate his opinions from the mix. The Apostles all came from different walks of life, so it gave them a unique perspective.

Excellent synopsis.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Nitpicking on the unerrable word of God? How can that be? Have you even read this thread, the thesis and the supporting evidence? Or is it your MO to just come in and attack the people you disagree with, without addressing the argument and the reasons for your disagreement?

Are we not to read and question what Paul has said that is the opposite of the teachings of Jesus? How is the Bible unerrable when Paul's words are in there. Who do YOU listen to, Paul or Jesus, when you read those words? Do you think Jesus changed his mind and his teachings between is supposed death and the time when Paul declared himself an apostle and a teacher? Or, is Paul just the kind of person the Jesus warned us against?

Don't you see how the church itself, built on the teachings of Paul, went astray and defiled the teachings and meaning of Jesus' words. No wonder Christians are so easily led. No wonder Christmas has become a pretend Christian holiday to honor the pretend birth of Jesus, and are confused about the source of their gifts/presents.

It's too bad that you see this thread as an attack on Christianity, when really it is an attempt to restore the spirit of true Christianity. I know that Christians fight among themselves too, but to discard and mock the teachings of the Essenes, which Jesus held close to his heart, is just sad.

Your petty, closed minded and judgmental attitude has betrayed your insecurities in maintaining your faith. You have shown that you are unable to discuss the issues at hand and have to resort to insults. You have a lot of fancy words and interpretations, but when your dogma is challenged you fold like an umbrella!

Please attack the premise of the conversation rather than rebuking the person for disagreeing with or questioning the validity your doctrine!

Hebrews 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

John.5
[24] Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life; he does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Paul is a faked up Christian with his own interpretation of a faked up Jesus! This is the origin of the (false) Church!

edit on 19-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Nope, we are very on topic and dealing with fables, aka Santa type words

Anymore very dull minded and off topic opinions that generate no response?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Can you please address the contradictions that I listed, such as Paul calling himself "father" against the teachings of Jesus. There are so many, that I have only listed a few, which I consider to be the most important ones.

Paul's doctrine on celibacy doesn't contradict the teaching of Jesus, so why do you present that. No need to sully the water when we already have so many open topics on this thread.

Instead of blindly defending the origin of Christian doctrine and dogma, you of all people should know how the church, beginning with Paul, has twisted the teachings of Jesus. It is the twisting of the words of Jesus that has led us to this discussion of Christmas, fake Jesus' and Santa Confusion. It's a really valid point!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Nitpicking on the unerrable word of God?

Under the guise of my explanation I can see his point Win. It is a bit nit picky.
Of course this is just an opinion not a thesis.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's not "nick picky" as it identifies the exact point where the church went astray to the teaching of Jesus.

When you check this out: www.abovetopsecret.com... you can see how misled the little people were. They didn't have access to the reading material of the words of Jesus, they believed what they were told. What they were told was not the teachings of Jesus. This is very important!

This is what led to all the crimes of the church, all of them! As a Christian, I would think that you would be upset about this, as I know some are, and seek to expose this corruption. These are the reasons that I can't call myself a Christian any longer, and have abandoned the teachings of the church and rely on my own understanding of the teachings of Jesus.

Even though I don't deify him, I still value and follow his teachings.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Habukkuk 1:13

Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?

This verse states that god cannot look on evil, so how was Peter one of Jesus' apostles? How could Jesus (God) look upon Peter and consider him one of his closest apostles if he would end up trying to usurp him?

It is blatantly obvious what he was trying to do after Jesus' death, so why was he so close to god in the flesh?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Nope, we are very on topic and dealing with fables, aka Santa type words

Anymore very dull minded and off topic opinions that generate no response?

I asked you direct questions that your are dodging, quite on purpose it would appear. Plus, you appear to have a real case of arrogance.

Why? Because you know I got you between a rock and a hard spot.

And now we watch you squirm.

Any real Bible Scholar knows that the 66 books were selected because of what they termed "Divine Inspired" words of humans. All the books of the Bible were written by humans, and none direct from god.

And thus, it appears you tried to mislead everyone by telling all they were the direct words of god.

The case is that the political church of Rome, beginning with Constantine's efforts to make Moma happy, and merge his Sun Worship gang with Moma's system, started to make the political workings of the churches worse.

The less political churches in Ethiopia put in the Book of Enoch, so folks would be more apt to understand the issues of the creator gods and their origins from space and their needs for exploitation of workers. That church was a good deal less politically corrupt. Now, due to the Enoch insights, we get to see humans that worked with god and even went off with them, plural.

And what did you present but another fairy tale, and your needs to feed on faked miracles that most don't need to value Jesus, THE MAN.

It does appear that you left off a lot of essential information to keep from misleading the sheep. One should expect for you to do this in other areas.

edit on 19-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Feet of clay area easily turned to dust

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

God cannot look on sin, so how could Peter be one of Jesus' closest apostles when he taught stuff like that? Things that directly contradict Jesus' teachings.

I assume someone is committing a sin when they purposely alter what Jesus taught, right?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In fact, I'd venture to say that (Simon) Peter and Simon the Zealot are the same person. Peter was renamed from Simon Peter to just Peter.

Simon the Zealot is depicted as holding a saw. (Simon) Peter twisting what Jesus said and trying to usurp him is the symbolism behind the saw.

Peter is the forerunner of the church, the one who indoctrinates and twists the truth to keep people ignorant.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Paul referencing himself as a church father is not really an issue. All the Apostles were church "fathers". You have an issue with Paul, i do not. He is a brother, that is how i see him. The only people who have a real issue with him are those who do not have eyes to see, you look at the surface but you do not see what is underneath.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He probably got the wrong idea when Jesus, after Peter gave his testimony (of the spirit/father) regarding Jesus' true identity, talked about giving him the keys, as if abdicating his authority before "leaving town", not realizing when he (Jesus) said that not even the gates of hell would prevail against his church, that the key wasn't for that very gate (of hell), to lock and unlock. That might have been the error of Peter, and the church which formed in his name, that they went to the wrong gate, never realizing that it had already been crashed, such that what's resurrected isn't the new life and the new creation (absent hell or duality leading to separation, as a possibility), but a new "divided middle" with Jesus' cross afixed between it, dividing heaven and hell, which is only a subtle or not so suble replanting of the very tree of the knowledge of good and evil which Jesus came to uproot, as the tree of life and as the living water of the spirit of life.

Let there be no more confusion, and let all who thirst come and let all who hear say come and freely drink the living water of eternal life upwelling and flowing from the throne and the lamb of God, like a river through a cosmic city.

edit on 19-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, I do have an issue with Paul and the way he usurps the "father role," ignores the words and teaching of Jesus and insists that his words are gospel. All the while, he hasn't an idea of what Jesus actual meant. He never even quotes Jesus or talks about his words.

Clearly, he attempts to, and succeeds, in usurping the hierarchy of the "new" church, against the teachings of Jesus.

I wonder what would be the result if true Christians had such an influence over the church as Paul, the politician, did.

But, it was not meant to be, and, Jesus did warn us! The church is corrupt from its conception. Run away, run fast!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join