It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hi, so sad to hear, i am a bit freaked out because the day before it happened i dug up my last thread ( sorry don't know how to link it in) and wrote a line that my husband told me about ages ago. It was meant to portray how even the sqeakiest clean person can commit a crime as in speeding tickets and other trivial matters. Then this happened. At the time i wrote it i thought it may not go down well and indeed it disapeared very quickly. so sad

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Thanks, the most concise report so far.

Here it is again for people to read, hopefully answering a lot of questions without reading the whole thread, seeing as most of it is about gun rants!.

www.californiality.com...

James Eagan Holmes, 24, is the suspect in a shooting that killed or wounded 71 people early on July 20, 2012 in an Aurora, Colorado movie theater during the midnight showing of the Batman film, The Dark Night Rises.

Holmes was born in the San Diego area of Southern California and lived his entire life in the Golden State, except for the last 11 months he was in Colorado doing research for a doctorate degree.

James Holmes is accused of throwing two smoke bombs, then firing an AR-15 assault rifle (equipped with a high-capacity, drum-style ammunition clip), a Remington 12-gauge shotgun, and a .40-caliber handgun into a packed movie theater in the Denver suburb.

71 were shot, 13 were killed, and 58 were wounded in the Aurora, CO movie theater massacre. Holmes is being held as a mass murder suspect in the Arapahoe County Jail.

James Eagan Holmes Facts

•The 1986 comic by Frank Miller, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, contains a scene in which a lunatic kills people in a movie theater.
•Columbine High School (1999 shooting) is 12 miles from the movie theater.
•Holmes was wearing a ballistic helmet and vest, ballistic leggings, throat and groin protector, a gas mask and black tactical gloves, armed with the three weapons.
•Holmes had painted his hair red and said he was The Joker, the arch-nemesis of Batman.
•Holmes bought a ticket to the midnight show and entered the theater with the crowd. Holmes then allegedly propped open an exit door after the movie started, put on protective gear, then started shooting.
•One witness stated seeing a white male ON A CELL PHONE prop open the emergency exit shortly after the movie started, and just before the shooting began.
•Most of the victims shot were those standing up and running out of the theater, with far less seated moviegoers being hit, and none ducking down to the floor being hit.
•Holmes reportedly fled to the parking lot after the shooting spree, then was confronted by 25 police officers and taken into custody.
•Holmes asked for an attorney and invoked his right to remain silent.
•Another .40-caliber handgun with a cache of ammunition was found in Holmes' 2-door white car, which was parked in the movie theater parking lot behind the rear exit.
•The guns were purchased in May, June and July at Gander Mountain Guns shops and at Bass Pro shops in Colorado.
•May 22, bought a Glock pistol in Aurora, CO. May 28, bought a Remington shotgun in Denver, CO. Early June, bought a .223 caliber Smith & Wesson rifle in Thornton, CO. July 6, bought a second Glock in Denver, CO.
•At least one of of Holmes' gun purchases was recorded by a video surveillance camera.
•During the last 60 days, Holmes had allegedly been stockpiling more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition through purchases on the Internet.
•Holmes' 3rd-floor apartment (1690 Paris Street) is 4 miles from the movie theater in Aurora.
•Neighbors described Holmes as a recluse and a loner, who always kept curtains closed and lights off at night.
•Police began searching Holmes' apartment building at 2:00 am, waking the residents for questioning and orders to evacuate.
•Police found jars of chemicals (flammable or explosive material) in Holmes' booby-trapped apartment. Officers found trip-wires attached to 1-liter plastic bottles filled with a substance.
•Police found 'disturbing' pictures in Holmes' apartment.
•Holmes had left a techno song (to repeat in a loop from midnight to 1:00 am) blaring in the apartment. Neighbors called police about the noise shortly after midnight, but the song was left to play until automatically shutting off at 1:00.
•Holmes left the door to his apartment unlocked.
•If police would have responded sooner to blaring music complaints from neighbors, they would have knocked on Holmes' door. After Holmes did not answer the door, police would have tried the doorknob, which was unlocked. Officers would have entered, tripping the explosive wires, which might have blown up the multi-story apartment building full of residents. However, when the music timer shut the blaring song off at 1:00 am, complaints ceased.
•Holmes received a traffic ticket for speeding in Aurora, CO in October, 2011.
•Holmes had no web presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace nor Twitter.
•James Eagan Holmes, born December 13, 1987 in San Diego County, California. Male, Caucasian, 6'3", known locally as Jimmy Holmes.
•Holmes' father, Robert Milton Holmes, is a manager for a software company.
•Holmes' mother, Arlene Rosemary Holmes, is a nurse.
•Holmes' family belongs to a Presbyterian church.
•Holmes has a younger sister, a guitarist and student at San Diego State University

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

•Police found 'disturbing' pictures in Holmes' apartment.

This is the first I've heard of this and it also doesn't make sense unless they are visible pictures hung on the wall and they were able to see them from the window. To my knowledge they have been unable to enter the apartment because of the complexity of the trip wires, etc.

I wonder if that is a misreport based on the fact the sheriff described it as the pictures TAKEN of the apartment were unlike anything he had seen before.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

#e i forgot his only crime was a speeding ticket.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yeah, this Denver Post article seems to back they haven't even been able to enter the apartment yet.

www.denverpost.com...

Interesting thing in this article I hadn't read before. When the lady downstairs went up to tell him to turn the music down the door was not only unlocked, according to this article, IT WAS AJAR.

Sick bastard.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It's probably not even booby trapped. And its water in bottles. Water is a kind of "chemical", isn't it?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Are me and manhater the only people to think this might somehow be connected to this guy

edit on 21-7-2012 by jd0Fengland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Let's hope IF there were any others, agencies, occultists or whomever behind this then they will be suffering now and always as are the victims and their families.
edit on 21-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

maybe he was getting trouble from one of the neighbours and he thought if the loud music was on that the neighbour would open the door to go and confront him
edit on 21-7-2012 by jd0Fengland because: i

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

This is the first I've heard of this and it also doesn't make sense unless they are visible pictures hung on the wall and they were able to see them from the window. To my knowledge they have been unable to enter the apartment because of the complexity of the trip wires, etc.

I wonder if that is a misreport based on the fact the sheriff described it as the pictures TAKEN of the apartment were unlike anything he had seen before.

That doesn't make sense, to be honest. They found out about the tripwires and bottles of liquid, but not the photos? I think it would be safe to assume they've searched the apartment.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

•Most of the victims shot were those standing up and running out of the theater, with far less seated moviegoers being hit, and none ducking down to the floor being hit.
NOT according to one of the shot patrons who was interviewed. (don't know his name) however, he referred to his friend "Rebecca" who was ducking down to the floor and was fatally wounded.

also, i've read very different information about his father.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I don't believe it's actual photographs found inside the apartment. It's police photos.

news.nationalpost.com...
"Vexing problem how to enter safely... I see an awful lot of wires... “I personally have never seen anything like what the pictures show us is in there."

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

There are reports of tripwires, they have equiptment on a cherry picker with a bot and remote controllled cameras, maybe referring to the images in general picked up of the devices or other images like posters, there was alread a report of some movie poster so maybe other posters or papers.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapkalna
reply to post by Valhall

That doesn't make sense, to be honest. They found out about the tripwires and bottles of liquid, but not the photos? I think it would be safe to assume they've searched the apartment.

Why don't you read the articles? They took pictures of the apartment after they busted out the windows. They were in a cherry-picker and took the pics. They could see the trip wires and the bottles. I'm not saying they couldn't see a picture, but I am saying it would have to be located in a place they could see it from the cherry-picker. Not one single source, nor statement made by officials, has indicated they have ENTERED that apartment....not that I've found. You can choose to believe they are waltzing around in there all you want, but there's nothing to back at this point.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Emergingtruth
reply to post by strangedays

If you go to the 9:27 mark the Riddler makes a riddle "what is once Red is Blue ..." the first part of the series does not mention the rest but maybe part II does, but Warner Brother took that video down and left the other parts.

edit on 7/20/2012 by Emergingtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/20/2012 by Emergingtruth because: (no reason given)

really....if you look at "strangedays" post above he says

Railroad tracks represent the black cross. It houses the 2 dark energies 8 and 6. 6 is RED/BLACK and 8 is BLUE/BLACK. There is usually a large concentration of dark energy there because it is the dividing line between the RED and BLUE side of a town. There is a lot of dark energy being blocked from the BLUE side, so much in recent years that you can drive along the RED side of the tracks and it will give you a headache

deep innit

Yea man the quickening is happening its just no one is noticing it or is too scared of it to speak about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Why don't you read the articles?

That's to yourself, right. I don't mess with you. You tried me earlier with no success. This time won't be different.

They took pictures of the apartment after they busted out the windows.

Thanks, but I read the arti- oh wait, thats what youre roleplaying now. That I don't read the articles.

They were in a cherry-picker and took the pics.

Youre talking about this twitchy.com...

They could see the trip wires and the bottles. I'm not saying they couldn't see a picture, but I am saying it would have to be located in a place they could see it from the cherry-picker.

Police pictures buddy

Not one single source, nor statement made by officials, has indicated they have ENTERED that apartment....

When police searched his apartment, they discovered it was booby-trapped and evacuated surrounding buildings, police said.

not that I've found. You can choose to believe they are waltzing around in there all you want, but there's nothing to back at this point.

I take my information from news sources. I understand you have a need to tell people things and spawn conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Screwed

(CNN) -- The extreme carnage at the Colorado movie theater, now one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history, reopens the nation's passionate debate about gun control -- or gun rights -- and both sides were readying for renewed legislative efforts in the aftermath of Friday's shooting.

I can keep posting links all night people.

link

um.... how about finding out who set him up to it......and stop these mugs that practice the black arts....
if thedirector is gonna make out he dont know about ledger, freeman the female (cant rememer her name) and now this mkultra dude.....then we need to string him up....

theyr just taking the P now.....the audacity has me so vexed....they "rekon" its easy to get away with......grrrrrrrr

these occultists think theyr fake religion is real....not understanding that they are the bottom feeders of the other religions....pure scum....i actually started being niave...but as were all waking up.....
edit on 21-7-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

I would like to interject that the majority of occultists would agree that the occult is not a religion and I think you mean cults not occultists. Secondly, hurling insulting remarks about occultists when you don't really understand what we are all about is silly. We are all vexed by this tragic event but try to understand the blame lay solely with James Holmes.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapkalna

I take my information from news sources. I understand you have a need to tell people things and spawn conspiracies.

lol...I think I'm the last person you need to be charging with "spawning conspiracies". I don't think there's a damned thing conspiratorial about this. I think it's a whack job who went nuts. I'm just pointing out that you are inserting information that has not been reported. Their search, according to all articles I can find, has been from a cherry-picker taking pictures through a window. I haven't been able to find any source that states they have PHYSICALLY entered the apartment yet.

They may have placed a robot in, but I haven't seen that explicitly stated. I did read they were considering sending a robot in but got concerned they'd blow the place up because of the complexity of the trip wires.

And when the hell did you and I take anything on? It must have been more memorable to you than it was to me because I don't recall it.
edit on 7-21-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Disgusting, I feel so sorry for these people, even the perp(s). Imagine what kind of world someone must be living in to commit acts like this.

If 1 person in the theater had a conceal carry on them this could have been ended in seconds, as with any other massacre in US history. I suppose gun laws only swing 1 way, but isn't this a part of the reason why the Second Amendment exists?
edit on 21-7-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
There seems to be some argueing of the facts here.

The fact is we are all relying on reports, we are posting them as we find them and trying to keep it up to date as possible. This is a good thing, perhaps there will be some understanding of human psychology or other finds from this, it won't ever make it ok that it happened but human nature has to find substance to learn from or give closure to such things.

The fact that htese reports sometimes vary is par for the course, so please read the reports without attacking posters like they say it fact. Reports on these things, especially in the early days are often chaotic and conflicting, remember chinese whispers. We can only post as we find then wait for the filters to apply naturally when all the information is gathered and new information found and released to get the full picture on the events.

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join