It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

So now you're all going to gang up on me, eh? That's convenient too.

You were all on the same side of the debate at separate points in the thread and now you all come back at the same time and start accusing me of being paranoid.

It's so obvious it's almost funny, but sad at the same time. Suppressing the truth for money, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

ETA: I never even accused you of being a disinfo agent yet you come out of the blue a couple of pages removed and imply I accused you of being disinfo. Do you really think I'm that dumb? You should have figured that I'm far from dumb by this point I would hope.

edit on 22-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So now you're all going to gang up on me, eh? That's convenient too.

You were all on the same side of the debate at separate points in the thread and now you all come back at the same time and start accusing me of being paranoid.

It's so obvious it's almost funny, but sad at the same time. Suppressing the truth for money, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Money? Where do I cash in?

Actually, as I pointed out earlier, before I got bored with your infantile debating style, you are presenting "truth" that has been presented by others before you, so you're a plagiarizer, at best.

Fortunately, no one, not even atheists who hate God, believes the nonsense that you claim is true, so your effectiveness is zero. If you're really concerned about stars and flags, I'd suggest either siding with the atheists or theists, because only a nitwit supports the D. M. Murdoch point of view.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I edited my previous post, take a look and explain why you assumed I was accusing you, personally, of being a disinfo agent.

Where did disinfo and your screen name pop up in the same sentence at any point?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Maybe I am justing seeing coincidences, but my gut feeling is that disinfo is going on right now.

"Disinfo"? What are you, kidding?

Oh noes, I am CIA/NSA/FBI come to derail 733t "Enlightened one"s thread so that no one learns the truth!

lol, you're as deluded as Murdoch and the Zeitgeist morons, if that's what you think.

You stated 'I am' when I never even brought your name up, you weren't even in my thoughts at the time. So blatant.
edit on 23-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I edited my previous post, take a look and explain why you assumed I was accusing you, personally, of being a disinfo agent.

Where did disinfo and your screen name pop up in the same sentence at any point?

Who said that it did?

Claiming "disinfo" is a classic milquetoast response to criticism. People will ALWAYS criticize you on ATS. You could claim that the sky is blue and the grass is green and someone's likely to complain about it. If you can't manage criticism, and have to trot out the "disinfo" claim, you'd best find another website to post on.

PARTICULARLY if you're posting something as boring as anti-Christianity rhetoric. Go post in the 9/11 Conspiracy forums if you really want to have to deal with disinfo

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Who said what did? What are you talking about? You are the one that said 'I am', not me. I bolded it in my previous post for you.

I don't reject criticism, I embrace it because it only drives me more to evolve my world-view.

Criticizing is ok, the point where it comes to blatant disinfo and constant bashing without putting forth any theory's to counter my point is where I draw the line.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Who said what did? What are you talking about?

You said this:

As you were replying to me, I am asking who said that this was true? I was replying to the silly claim that you were a "victim" of disinfo, regardless of my personal involvement.

I don't reject criticism, I embrace it because it only drives me more to evolve my world-view.

Sorry, I have a hard time believing that, because when I started to question your claims, you immediately started to attack me, and question my beliefs, which had nothing to do with your claims. That's called an "Ad Hominem" attack, and it pretty much opens the door to reasonable opponents dismissing you as not being worth the time of replying to, as I did.

You haven't seen me in your thread in a while, that's thanks to your behaviour. I am interested in an honest debate and exchange of ideas, not some crybaby who starts personal attacks once he starts losing, which is what you did.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

This post is completely off topic.

I never said anything about plants.

Are you a disinfo agent or something? You are acting mighty suspicious right now.

Actually, I'm the one that starred her posts. They were well-written and had much good intention behind them.

At least she knows her topic. That's called scholarship and the antithesis of what you've shown so far.

And, dude, your're sounding more than a little whiney and desperate about her stars and begging folk to go back and read your posts. You must be feeling some heat.

I don't ever recall myself mentioning that I wanted people to go back and read my posts. Stop the disinfo please.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I never attacked you, what are you talking about? I started off very respectful toward you, you are the one who started avoiding my questions and sidestepping the issues, not me. I answered all of your questions honestly and without attacking you.

Please stop lying, it makes you look bad.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

So you are aloud to question my beliefs but I'm not allowed to question yours? Is that how it works in fairy land? Because that's not how a debate works in the real world. Both sides state their beliefs then discuss their beliefs. Sound good to you?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I never attacked you, what are you talking about? I started off very respectful toward you, you are the one who started avoiding my questions and sidestepping the issues, not me. I answered all of your questions honestly and without attacking you.

Please stop lying, it makes you look bad.

Seriously? You have already forgotten the exchange that begins Here?

You know, where your buddy kept making ridiculous claims that had no actual basis, but you kept supporting him? Long after his "evidence" of Astrological Ages in the Bible were utterly refuted?

I think, at one point, I noted that you seemed to not understand the difference between "evidence" and "conjecture"? If you continue in that delusion, I think I'm out of here, once again.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well, my take is very different and we each have our own truth I guess. I believe we are told some pretty amazing things about what happened in times past in books like the Book of Enoch which is actually quoted in the Bible. The very truth and Divine Plan as far as I understand it is literally written in the heavens where no one can alter it ever.

Read God's Mazzaroth vs. Astrotheology

Oh, Lucifer loves religion that is certain. It took him about 300 years to really get a foothold into the new "church" but once he did he made the most of it. He consolidated power, killed a lot of people and still does in the name of religion, but particularly in those dark times in the inquisition which killed two birds with one stone. He always planned on ruling the world spiritually and politically. So, he kills off the competition, absorbs their beliefs and when it's time to blame all the ills of the world on Christianity, he's done the dirty work. Of course there is always a remnant.

There's all kinds of truth in nearly all religions I have studied, even Satanism. The issue is what is THE TRUTH. Man is very proud. We are not some experiment. We are ancient souls who are supposed to learn divine unconditional love. We have existed for a very long time, and the bible even tells us such. We existed in the age that was, this age, and hopefully in the age to come.

I applaud your OP, and hope you do not feel this is an attack. I just happen to believe differently, and hope you do check out my study I posted. Oh, it's long, and involved. But, for those who really want to see some hidden things from the foundation of this world, it's time well spent.

Much love,

Serenity

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Are you referring to the post about that guys opinion only being an opinion or another one? I don't understand why you would direct me to that post in particular because I am not attacking you in any way.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Are you referring to the post about that guys opinion only being an opinion or another one? I don't understand why you would direct me to that post in particular because I am not attacking you in any way.

No, it was his claim that the Bible supported the belief of Astrological Ages, which I demonstrated was nonsense.

If you want to admit that he was full of it, and there's no reasonable claim of Astrological Ages in the Biblical record, we can, obviously, move beyond that.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

What does his claim have anything to do with me? That is complete nonsense.

So since I supported what he said means I'm attacking you? You're not a good troll at all. My opinion is that what he said made sense, just as your opinion was that it didn't. How is that me attacking you exactly?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Okay, see you later

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

New Age is a nice title for a very old belief system. Again, Astrotheology is very twisted. I find it funny that those who teach it also tend to believe that the Illuminati use symbols in movies and other media to point to events they are about to do. Yet, these same people cannot believe what the bible says about the mazzaroth is a foretelling of events to come. Check out this information. It's long and involved, but I think spells out the truth fairly well.

Zeitgeist, Acharya S., Jordan Maxwell and others like them use poor methodology that sounds smart. They get their stuff from among other things channeled material that came from themselves and the likes of Blavatsky.

God's Mazzaroth vs. Astrotheology

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

You still didn't explain to me how I was attacking you, but I guess it's easier to just run than face the truth head on.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GalacticEmpire

For a very good explanation of all the problems with part 1 of Zeitgeist:

Zeitgeist refuted

There is a use for the constellations called the mazzaroth in the bible. I have given two links already if you are really interested in what it does say. A short part is:

God did not leave the truth up to man and certainly not limited to a book. Now, I am not dissing the Bible at all, in fact it it supremely excellent in sharing truth and what is to come. What I mean, is should the bible disappear from earth, the message of God’s plan is literally written in the Stars where no spirit from the ether no spirit of man can manipulate the message. It’s fixed in the heavens,

Psa 19:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

We see that there is something marvelous about the stars of the heavens and a message set forth. Do you know what they say? Are you afraid of looking into what they may say? Has the enemy of your soul so perverted your mind that you cannot even look to see what could God have possibly written in the heavens? God literally named the stars of the heavens and the order,

Psa 147:4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.

Isa 40:25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
Isa 40:26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

The stars of the heavens are a magnificent road map. Do not let any man fool you into believing they speak of some procession of ages going from Taurus to Pisces for the time of Christ and now 2000 years later to go into the age of Aquarius. These astrotheologians spin a good yarn, but walk with me for a little while in this place and examine the truth of fact verses what seems to me to be clever twisting of history and knowledge. I happen to believe astrotheology is the soon to be new world order religion. I am not even saying they are doing it on purpose as they may actually believe what they say. I demand solid proof regarding teachings from antiquity. There should be some data to back up what one teaches. If someone wants to simply say some stuff, say, it came to me in a dream and I believe it well, I might not believe it, but it’s their right to have their opinion. However; don’t take a dream or some obscure uneducated person in the 1800′s who never studied history, has no expertise in ancient languages or linguistics and then attempt to teach that information to millions that Christianity or Judaism are myths and religions set up on false pretenses. I will show quite clearly that is not the truth.

Now, I also want to present you with the truth from the beginning about the zodiac. Does the bible even talk about it? Yes, actually it does,

Job 38:31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?
Job 38:32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?
Job 38:33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

Let’s take this verse by verse:

In verse 31 we see two constellations named. There is historical evidence that the stars were named and fixed for the most part. There have been a few changes by the influence of the Romans and others, but the shapes are fairly well set back to ancient times. In verse 32, we have a very interesting word, “Mazzaroth” which is,

H4216
מזּרה
mazzârâh
maz-zaw-raw’
Apparently from H5144 in the sense of distinction; some noted constellation (only in the plural), perhaps collectively the zodiac: – Mazzoroth. Compare H4208.

H4208
מזּלה
mazzâlâh
maz-zaw-law’
Apparently from H5140 in the sense of raining; a constellation, that is, Zodiacal sign (perhaps as affecting the weather): – planet. Compare H4216.

It is widely held that Mazzaroth refers to the zodiac. There is more to this study of the stars, and in Genesis we read,

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the e
edit on 23-7-2012 by UnifiedSerenity because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

You just made your account only to so conveniently start talking about stuff from page one.

Try harder guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join