It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

For whatever reason, you believe that the universe has some kind of plan for us, why do you believe that? Honest question.

I understand that God has a purpose/intent/plan for us because that is what I understand by reading my bible. It looks like a lot of people forgot the purpose, but it is in there.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
(This verse indicates God has a purpose, there is a lot more but it would take to long)

Isaiah 55:11
My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do."
(this shows me that God has intent, there really is a result when we speak as well and all that is in the bible too).

Isaiah 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.
(I like this verse because as I said, there is stuff in the bible that applies to today, including the stuff that is going on right now, but it has always been in there).

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
(This is a verse describing one of the character traits of God, it says in here man may lie to you but God's word does not change).

Deuteronomy 32:2 Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
(This is how God's word ought be taught but, as you know people took God's word, twisted it for their own purposes... so now people blame God instead of people who do it). (Man can't have understanding to teach others when not walking in the light). If you think about it, those who rule have the bible being taught as a myth, claiming that the bible is full of fairy-tales....that's the same rulers that don't want people to know the truth, there is power in the truth. They claim to be Godly, but you can tell by their actions who they serve.

I can go on and on with examples from the bible but, you really ought to read the bible yourself, there are some exciting chapters and verses that even talk about now that will blow your mind.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
topdocumentaryfilms.com...reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If we change any of the strong or weak forces even by the tiniest fraction of a percent, the universe would cease to exist. The universe is perfectly balanced to support life. I don't mean that to make it sound as though something created the universe in order for this to be possible, the universe is this way because of itself, so that it may survive.

Hi 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I already know we disagree about a creator but, I wanted to say that I liked how you described the perfect universe. This is for you, a documentary "The Secret Life of Plants" topdocumentaryfilms.com... a bit old but, it has in there what I think you will enjoy, it is gave me chills about 22:00 gets started into explaining the discovery...I fast forwarded the areas where it dragged, and focused more on the findings... .Watch 37:39... I wanted you to see from there too...maybe you were taught that in school... but, I laughed when I wrote that so I'm thinking they probably wouldn't teach that. Oh.. my guy agrees it was the worst soundtrack we ever heard

edit on 22-7-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
(This verse indicates God has a purpose, there is a lot more but it would take to long)

What it says about everything working together for good is absolutely true. Why are we in the situation we are in today? Because noone seems to works together for the greater good, if we all worked in harmony with nature and each other, everything would be good, but some are greedy and want everything to themselves, they don't work for anyone but themselves.

Guess who runs the world? The greedy, and that is why the world is how it is right now. That is why I consider Earth 'hell', because we as a species intervene in the natural flow of nature, we corrupt it with our greed of material things.

That natural flow of nature is what is considered the 'purpose' of god, in my opinion.

Isaiah 55:11
My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do."
(this shows me that God has intent, there really is a result when we speak as well and all that is in the bible too).

This verse, in my eyes, is equivalent to saying 'what's going to happen is going to happen', if you can read it within that context then you would understand.

Isaiah 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.
(I like this verse because as I said, there is stuff in the bible that applies to today, including the stuff that is going on right now, but it has always been in there).

What lets be known the end from the beginning? Noone does and the universe has not made this known to anyone ever.

What is the only thing that survives from the 'beginning' to the 'end'? The universe. The natural flow of the universe is what is 'known' even though it will never be known. The universe let's the end from the beginning be known by not letting it be known. I'm not sure if you will understand that but that is the best way I can explain it, sorry.

ETA: This verse may also mean that there is no beginning or end too. The fact god does not let the end from beg beginning be known could imply that there is no beginning nor end. I agree that there is no beginning or end.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
(This is a verse describing one of the character traits of God, it says in here man may lie to you but God's word does not change).

I read this as 'what happens happens', no offense.

ETA: God saying he is not the 'son' of man could be implying that man is the 'son' of him. Wasn't Jesus 'god in the flesh'? What if Jesus the man (being in human form) is a metaphor for us all being sons and daughters of god and we are also god in the flesh.

Deuteronomy 32:2 Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
(This is how God's word ought be taught but, as you know people took God's word, twisted it for their own purposes... so now people blame God instead of people who do it). (Man can't have understanding to teach others when not walking in the light). If you think about it, those who rule have the bible being taught as a myth, claiming that the bible is full of fairy-tales....that's the same rulers that don't want people to know the truth, there is power in the truth. They claim to be Godly, but you can tell by their actions who they serve.

Why, out of all the words available to describe himself, did he choose the ones that describe nature? I believe this 'god' is nature itself, or the universe (heaven).

I can go on and on with examples from the bible but, you really ought to read the bible yourself, there are some exciting chapters and verses that even talk about now that will blow your mind.

God is 'now', it is what the universe is this very moment, and now, and now again. It is the natural flow of nature, and history repeats itself. The men who wrote the bible knew this so they metaphorized the past in order to keep it vague so that the bible seems somehow 'prophetic'.

As I said earlier, this is all my opinion based on what I have researched and what I have experienced.

I have read bible, I was a christian for 22 years, I know the bible but I am not claiming to be an expert. There are some things I remember and other things I do not. The bible is a lot to digest.
edit on 22-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

If we change any of the strong or weak forces even by the tiniest fraction of a percent, the universe would cease to exist. The universe is perfectly balanced to support life. I don't mean that to make it sound as though something created the universe in order for this to be possible, the universe is this way because of itself, so that it may survive.

Hi 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I already know we disagree about a creator but, I wanted to say that I liked how you described the perfect universe. This is for you, a documentary "The Secret Life of Plants" topdocumentaryfilms.com... a bit old but, it has in there what I think you will enjoy, it is gave me chills about 22:00 gets started into explaining the discovery...I fast forwarded the areas where it dragged, and focused more on the findings... .Watch 37:39... I wanted you to see from there too...maybe you were taught that in school... but, I laughed when I wrote that so I'm thinking they probably wouldn't teach that. Oh.. my guy agrees it was the worst soundtrack we ever heard

I will definitely check it out once I get home later, I don't feel like watching it on my phone right now.Not very comfortable on my eyes.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What it says about everything working together for good is absolutely true. Why are we in the situation we are in today? Because noone seems to works together for the greater good, if we all worked in harmony with nature and each other, everything would be good, but some are greedy and want everything to themselves, they don't work for anyone but themselves.

Hi 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The situation is a result. It corresponds with some of what you say...like cause and effect.

Guess who runs the world? The greedy, and that is why the world is how it is right now. That is why I consider Earth 'hell', because we as a species intervene in the natural flow of nature, we corrupt it with our greed of material things.

I noticed that too. I am sorry to hear you are going through hellish times. Are you ok?

That natural flow of nature is what is considered the 'purpose' of god, in my opinion.

That's cool, at least we still have that right, free will... the freedom to believe what we want to believe.

This verse, in my eyes, is equivalent to saying 'what's going to happen is going to happen', if you can read it within that context then you would understand.

I understand predestination and agree with you to a certain extent.

What lets known the end from the beginning? Noone does and the universe has not made this known to anyone ever.

I suspect we won't need the bible when we find out...but that's just a guess. Are you asking me? I don't understand everything in the bible, I think I get little spoonfuls so I can digest it properly before I can get anymore. I told you everything I have got from it has been what I need and it has never let me down.

I read this as 'what happens happens', no offense.

Dude, you asked me a question....

For whatever reason, you believe that the universe has some kind of plan for us, why do you believe that? Honest question.

I just answered it. Did I read the question wrong? I believe God has a purpose and I understand that because I read it in my bible. Sorry if my conclusion offends you, I am not considered greedy if that makes you feel better.

What is the only thing that survives from the 'beginning' to the 'end'? The universe. The natural flow of the universe is what is 'known' even though it will never be known. The universe let's the end from the beginning be known by not letting it be known. I'm not sure if you will understand that but that is the best way I can explain it, sorry.

ok, I guess there is no point is asking you if greed will ever end if people don't change.

God is 'now', it is what the universe is this very moment, and now, and now again. It is the natural flow of nature, and history repeats itself. The men who wrote the bible knew this so they metaphorized the past in order to keep it vague so that the bible seems somehow 'prophetic'.

As I said earlier, this is all my opinion based on what I have researched and what I have experienced. I have read bible, I was a christian for 22 years, I know the bible but I am not claiming to be an expert. There are some things I remember and other things I do not. The bible is a lot to digest.

Yeah, it is easier if you just let it feed you. But, I know what you mean, I been there.
One time ("At band camp".... sorry couldn't resist
) I was so upset, I sold my whole library (most money I ever made in a day) and didn't read a single book for a few years. I was burned out. Anyway, I am getting the feeling that maybe you aren't interested in any further discussion and thats cool I let other stuff get ahead of me I should tend too. I just want to let you know, I enjoyed your thread very much and it was intriguing
It was cool meeting you...take care

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

I would love to keep discussing it. I didn't mean any offense by what I said, I was just giving my opinion.

If you don't want to discuss it then that's fine, I respect your decision but I have never implied that I wished to stop discussing it.

Also, I am enjoying life the best that I can, considering the circumstances. I am better than ok, I'm great!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

It seems as though you are clinging to your conclusion on what god actually is. It's ok to change perspectives, change is good. They say the truth will set you free.

My theory in no way undermines the bibles message, in fact it strengthens it in my opinion. The only difference is that the men who wrote the bible corrupted its message.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

'Dude, you asked me a question....'

I'm not sure if you caught the edit on what I meant by the end from beginning be known, but that might imply there is no beginning nor end because the universe doesn't let that be known because a beginning or end of the universe does not exist.

Also, I own maybe 5 books and have never owned more than maybe 10 at one time. I think you'll know what this is a reference to.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I also notice how 'someone' keeps starring all your posts.

I hope if anyone does read the last 2 pages, they don't skip over my post because of those stars. Know what I mean?
*hint hint* *nudge nudge* I get what you're doing.

Another thing, you mentioned your 'guy' earlier, why not call him your boyfriend or husband or friend? That just seems a little suspicious as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Hi 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This post is completely off topic.

I never said anything about plants.

Are you a disinfo agent or something? You are acting mighty suspicious right now.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Are you a disinfo agent or something? You are acting mighty suspicious right now.

Actually, I'm the one that starred her posts. They were well-written and had much good intention behind them.

At least she knows her topic. That's called scholarship and the antithesis of what you've shown so far.

And, dude, your're sounding more than a little whiney and desperate about her stars and begging folk to go back and read your posts. You must be feeling some heat.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I also notice how 'someone' keeps starring all your posts.

I hope if anyone does read the last 2 pages, they don't skip over my post because of those stars. Know what I mean?
*hint hint* *nudge nudge* I get what you're doing.

Another thing, you mentioned your 'guy' earlier, why not call him your boyfriend or husband or friend? That just seems a little suspicious as well.

And you keep editing it, why? Wasn't it self-embarrassing, pitiful, and rude enough the first time?

She was very polite with you, you should be ashamed. And grow up a little.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I guess I don't see it that way baby. But you're free to see it any way you want baby. I don't discuss outright lies from people who obviously know their lying baby. Anything else you have to add baby ?

Ok baby, why do you keep saying baby at the end of every sentence? Surely that isnt a mark of intelligence.
edit on 22-7-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: yeah i make edits

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11

I guess I don't see it that way baby. But you're free to see it any way you want baby. I don't discuss outright lies from people who obviously know their lying baby. Anything else you have to add baby ?

Ok baby, why do you keep saying baby at the end of every sentence? Surely that isnt a mark of intelligence.

A.) Because she's gentle with those less fortunate maybe?

B.) In writing it's called "voice" and often includes colloquialisms when we look at some of our better known & perennially-loved writers.

C.) It's sounds more polite than saying, "Dweeb."

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

B.) In writing it's called "voice" and often includes colloquialisms when we look at some of our better known & perennially-loved writers.

I admit, it really creeped me out. Like guy gets out of windowless van and offers me candy creeped out. ;P

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

Nah, that's not what creeped you out. It was the message. It got under your skin so you had to come up with a juvenile and not very original slam.

That's my guess.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Actually, I'm the one that starred her posts. They were well-written and had much good intention behind them.

At least she knows her topic. That's called scholarship and the antithesis of what you've shown so far.

And, dude, your're sounding more than a little whiney and desperate about her stars and begging folk to go back and read your posts. You must be feeling some heat.

Why not enter into the debate instead if constantly starring one side of said debate? That is juvenile in my opinion.

For all I know, you two could be the same person or two guys that are working together. Call me a kook and paranoid all you want. I'm just calling it how I see it. It's so convenient for you to pop in to be at her side when I call him/her out.

Also convenient for LightWarrior to make his entrance as soon as you do too, to conveniently pull you off-topic for a bit. Maybe I am justing seeing coincidences, but my gut feeling is that disinfo is going on right now.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Now here you come in getting star after star.
Yet another convenience.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

He was replying to a post made by randyvs from the first couple of pages.

You're not fooling me. It's ok though, this will not be my last thread, I will make others with the same message, so you may as well give up.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Maybe I am justing seeing coincidences, but my gut feeling is that disinfo is going on right now.

"Disinfo"? What are you, kidding?

Oh noes, I am CIA/NSA/FBI come to derail 733t "Enlightened one"s thread so that no one learns the truth!

lol, you're as deluded as Murdoch and the Zeitgeist morons, if that's what you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join