It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

Actually, God did not leave it up to man, and we are told that the truth is known from the foundations, and it is written in the heavens. If you read in the original languages, it means the stars.

God did not leave the truth up to man and certainly not limited to a book. Now, I am not dissing the Bible at all, in fact it it supremely excellent in sharing truth and what is to come. What I mean, is should the bible disappear from earth, the message of God’s plan is literally written in the Stars where no spirit from the ether no spirit of man can manipulate the message. It’s fixed in the heavens,

Psa 19:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

We see that there is something marvelous about the stars of the heavens and a message set forth. Do you know what they say? Are you afraid of looking into what they may say? Has the enemy of your soul so perverted your mind that you cannot even look to see what could God have possibly written in the heavens? God literally named the stars of the heavens and the order,

Psa 147:4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.

Isa 40:25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
Isa 40:26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

The stars of the heavens are a magnificent road map. Do not let any man fool you into believing they speak of some procession of ages going from Taurus to Pisces for the time of Christ and now 2000 years later to go into the age of Aquarius. These astrotheologians spin a good yarn, but walk with me for a little while in this place and examine the truth of fact verses what seems to me to be clever twisting of history and knowledge. I happen to believe astrotheology is the soon to be new world order religion. I am not even saying they are doing it on purpose as they may actually believe what they say. I demand solid proof regarding teachings from antiquity. There should be some data to back up what one teaches. If someone wants to simply say some stuff, say, it came to me in a dream and I believe it well, I might not believe it, but it’s their right to have their opinion. However; don’t take a dream or some obscure uneducated person in the 1800′s who never studied history, has no expertise in ancient languages or linguistics and then attempt to teach that information to millions that Christianity or Judaism are myths and religions set up on false pretenses. I will show quite clearly that is not the truth.

Read the whole study of God's Mazzaroth vs. Astrotheology

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Actually, that is not true, and it is an ad hominem. I see you would rather attack me than deal with your own lack of ability to deal with what I have shared. You are entitled to your beliefs, but so am I and others. Your research is lacking, and those who teach astrotheology / mythicism disregard many facts like their information does not add up, it does not pre-date Christianity as their source documents are no earlier than 120 ad.

I made this account today because I could not get into my old one, and no matter how many times I tried, and requested a bit of help, I never got the email to recover my old name and password. I have not posted on ATS in over a year. I am well known on several popular forums. I have read ATS for a very long time.

Enjoy your day.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Well, I know that there are shills on this site and that they operate throughout the whole forums and you coming in, with a brand new account at the perfect time just seemed a bit off. Know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

So you haven't posted on ATS in over a year and you only now decide to make an account, as this is happening and decide to post in this thread.

Maybe I am being a bit judgmental but it just all lined up perfectly in my opinion.
edit on 23-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'd like to apologize to anyone I may have offended by calling them disinfo agents, I shouldn't just assume things like that without hard evidence to back them up.

But I still do have my suspicions.

These people include: ScatterBrain, adjensen, and the GUT. I apologize.

ETA: Also UnifiedSerenity.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

I admit, it really creeped me out. Like guy gets out of windowless van and offers me candy creeped out. ;P

Just make sure you always have your rape whistle handy. I mean ya never know. :

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hi 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Good morning, You have not asked me to define my God so I am thinking you are just guessing that you know about my God
ok good to hear you are not offended with my answer, I did get that impression... I was just answering a question you asked me

I added this to this post: I didn't intend to offend anyone reading, my apologies... we all come from different areas and I do know that our various ways of speaking can appear uncouth...but, I assure you that was not my intent. Take care, it has been fun
edit on 23-7-2012 by ScatterBrain because: added text

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

Ok baby, why do you keep saying baby at the end of every sentence? Surely that isnt a mark of intelligence.

I agree, It is a habit I am trying to break. I used to manage a crew of cooks. I picked it up there. Thank you for pointing that out, I will try to pay more attention when I write.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

That's a very good point, Scatter. Please, tell me about your "God". What is your god to you? Do you have a definition, in your own mind, of its nature, or do you define it by what it means in your heart?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Actually, God did not leave it up to man, and we are told that the truth is known from the foundations, and it is written in the heavens. If you read in the original languages, it means the stars.

Hi UnifiedSerenity,
I am not sure what gave you the impression that I think God "left it" to man, I am not always good at saying things clearly maybe that is it? If you go back to page 10, I explain the first verse that got me curious. Psalm 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. I do understand we are to pay attention to what is in the sky.

God did not leave the truth up to man and certainly not limited to a book. Now, I am not dissing the Bible at all, in fact it it supremely excellent in sharing truth and what is to come. What I mean, is should the bible disappear from earth, the message of God’s plan is literally written in the Stars where no spirit from the ether no spirit of man can manipulate the message. It’s fixed in the heavens, Psa 19:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. We see that there is something marvelous about the stars of the heavens and a message set forth.

I know these verses and agree. I am a little confused, I said I get what I need from the bible, the bible gives this directive and I agree with you.

Do you know what they say? Are you afraid of looking into what they may say? Has the enemy of your soul so perverted your mind that you cannot even look to see what could God have possibly written in the heavens?

I understand that the recent event is a kickoff to a series of coming events. I am not understanding this "afraid" and perverted comment. My life pretty much is what God said it would be as I let Him direct my path.... please clarify why you would say this to me, thank you.

I enjoyed reading your post, have you already dicussed the recent appearance of Venus somewhere on ATS? I would love to read your understanding. I do keep up with all the events on : www.windows2universe.org...

The stars of the heavens are a magnificent road map. Do not let any man fool you into believing they speak of some procession of ages going from Taurus to Pisces for the time of Christ and now 2000 years later to go into the age of Aquarius. These astrotheologians spin a good yarn, but walk with me for a little while in this place and examine the truth of fact verses what seems to me to be clever twisting of history and knowledge. I happen to believe astrotheology is the soon to be new world order religion. I am not even saying they are doing it on purpose as they may actually believe what they say. I demand solid proof regarding teachings from antiquity. There should be some data to back up what one teaches. If someone wants to simply say some stuff, say, it came to me in a dream and I believe it well, I might not believe it, but it’s their right to have their opinion. However; don’t take a dream or some obscure uneducated person in the 1800′s who never studied history, has no expertise in ancient languages or linguistics and then attempt to teach that information to millions that Christianity or Judaism are myths and religions set up on false pretenses. I will show quite clearly that is not the truth.

I study and pray because my bible says too and alerts me as to what to prepare for and what to pay attention too.
I am not sure if you are saying I shouldn't have spoken on this topic in your message or if you are speaking in general, or accusing me of something bad. I have mentioned in a previous post about dreams (about sometimes getting answers there).. if you wish to challenge me on that, I will share with you my experience there.... I really don't think you would call it nonsense...I am pretty sure they can be verified by the bible's standards, if someone had the fortitude to check into it. Anyways, I really enjoyed this post, I agree with paying attention to the sky.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

There's something to be said for viewing the Bible less as a survival guide, and more as a Chicken Soup for the Soul story. Plenty of good morals, pretty bizarre/funny/disappointing/sad in places, but overall, good for the soul. You know, not be so dependent on it, but recognize the lessons and apply them in your own life as needed.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'd like to apologize to anyone I may have offended by calling them disinfo agents, I shouldn't just assume things like that without hard evidence to back them up.

But I still do have my suspicions.

These people include: ScatterBrain, adjensen, and the GUT. I apologize.

ETA: Also UnifiedSerenity.
I'm not offended that you thought--and still have suspicions--that I'm a disinfo agent. Indeed, I find it humorous. I think the mods should have left up that thread you started last night accusing us of being disinfo agents.

Seems most folk thought you were being silly. Ahem.

It's funny, because I can't imagine what about your thread would require some disinfo agents to show up? Seriously, what? Please explain that.

This thread is full of speculation based on non-existant scholarship. Guesserology I call it. For example, you thought--and had worked into your theory--that the Tower of Babel was built of wood and made some remark to the effect of how backward--technology wise--folk of that day were.

But the Tower was made of brick that was processed and built by a people more ingenious than you give them credit for.

In light of that and many other blunders, it's hard to take your claims of having read the Bible for so many years too seriously, or to have been very thorough, or even with a sharp enough eye to be taken seriously.

So, I ask you again: For what purpose would your thread attract disinfo agents? Who would these agents be agents of?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

DARN! I'm bummed that I missed that thread.

As for dis-info agents, yes and no.

It seems that there is, in fact, a group of so called Christians who come to threads like these just to insult and pick fights.

Why, you ask? To discourage any kind of discourse, that goes beyond the perceived "status quo," and to turn off readers from following other's posts and discourage others from posting to the thread.

They try to intimidate the next person who even THINKS of making thread that might attract that kind of attack of personal insults, slurs and other such derailment as trying to change the subject by just plain pretending to be obtuse in an attempt to make the op look dumb or unable to be succinct.

It's happened plenty in this thread!

edit on 23-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The "bashing" goes both ways, windword. If you're truthful you will admit it. Our faith and belief is slammed and slandered all over these boards.

The woo-woo's show up in mass too, but I'm not silly enough to think they're organized disinfo units. It's just a passionate subject, and always will be, with guerilla "fighters" on both sides.

So, yeah, I'm game. I play.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Agreed. And they're not only in the "faith" forums, either. They're in political, health and medicine, chemtrail and aliens threads and even general chit chat threads!

They're everywhere man! (paranoia off)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by The GUT

DARN! I'm bummed that I missed that thread.

As for dis-info agents, yes and no.

It seems that there is, in fact, a group of so called Christians who come to threads like these just to insult and pick fights.

Why, you ask? To discourage any kind of discourse, that goes beyond the perceived "status quo," and to turn off readers from following other's posts and discourage others from posting to the thread.

Nice theory. So it's your position that Christians who come across a thread that's titled something like "The true story behind the bible" should just ignore it and/or if they read it and see obvious misstatements of fact, intentional misrepresentation and opinion presented as fact, they should just let it go?

I don't discourage discourse, what I discourage is lying about Christianity. If you go back and look at my posts in this thread, whether you think I'm being belligerent or not, I did try to keep things on topic and non-personal, while you and the OP insisted on arguing with opinion, presented as fact, and eventually just becoming personally insulting and trying to drive off anyone who disagreed with you.

If you'd like to have an interesting debate on philosophy, religion or whatever, great -- if it's a topic that interests me, I'll chime in if I notice it. But if you lie about Christianity, you bet I'm going to respond, because without refutation, for some people, the lies become their reality.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I've already evolved my idea of what the tower of babel represents. It's an allegory for the rise and fall of Babylon, you should look up the theory, very intriguing.

Please stop being an ass, I have already apologized for saying what I said, why must you keep it going? I've dropped it, so why can't you?

You just come off as very arrogant, and I don't much care for you. I guess my dislike for you and your demeanor throughout your time on this thread kind of fed my fuel for calling you disinfo. Drop it please.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

The difference between you and me is that I do not state what I say is fact, I tried to have a friendly debate with you but you kept spewing the rhetoric over and over and over, that is quite annoying and a very good way to derail a thread, which you basically did.

Your whole argument: 'That is just conjecture, please provide evidence. That is just conjecture, please produce evidence. That is just conjecture, please provide evidence.'

You chose to completely ignore the evidence we presented and instead kept calling it 'conjecture' over and over again without ever actually refuting the evidence we presented while implying that what your opinion is is not conjecture as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

That is exactly what I saw from them, and I do admit that a jumped to conclusions by accusing them of being disinfo, but my conclusion was based on what you just stated.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Well, since you're the one taking my observational comment to a personal level, I offer this advice to you. "If the shoe fits......."

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join