It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Thank you for the kind words.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm going to stop here but I will keep an eye on this thread and if anyone has any questions on anything in the bible, I will do my best to answer it. Thanks for reading.

Religion is of man, Christ is of the Father." No man comes to the Father without me ". Christ is the truth, the life, and the way. My question is why do you fail to even mention him in your opener ?

You speak of the Bible and fail to mention it's hero. Our hero ! So by what authority do you answer any ones questions ?
edit on 18-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If you read a little further down the line I do mention him. Jesus is a metaphor for the sun, because through the sun we are here. Without the sun we would not exist. The sun is our savior because without it, life on Earth would not exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Separatism is the feeling of being separate from one another, without self-awareness (awareness of self) we would not know that we are separate from everything else, we would not see ourselves as individuals.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

May I ask you question - when, why and where did mankind first feel the need for religion and an adoration of gods?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Since the Sumerians, when they attributed the chaos of life to the temperaments of higher powers.
edit on 18-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

I'm not sure, I'm not sure it will ever be known because it is in the past and all we can go on is hearsay. I'm sure not too long after society became reliant on money.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by randyvs

If you read a little further down the line I do mention him. Jesus is a metaphor for the sun, because through the sun we are here. Without the sun we would not exist. The sun is our savior because without it, life on Earth would not exist.

You fail to mention the name of Jesus Christ. You fail to acknowledge his existence. You say he is just a metaphor.
You are nothing more than a new age sun worshiper. With zero authority to even mention the Bible. Let alone answer any questions about it. You are a heretic. You fail.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Apparently if hes not a christian, he can't be a heretic...

I see the association hes giving... but i also agree with you

More credit is due to "the man"... hes more then just a metaphor

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Separatism is the feeling of being separate from one another, without self-awareness (awareness of self) we would not know that we are separate from everything else, we would not see ourselves as individuals.

i'm self aware yet do not feel separate from all life.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do your research, randy, instead of spending your time applying labels. Sun worship is not new age, it's very very OLD age.

Maybe next time, you can apply your labels correctly. Or better yet, try not to. It tends to be dividing and very belittling. Quite unbecoming, on a website designed to DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Can you prove it?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

He claims he is an authority on the Bible with his own interpretations. That my fellow member makes him a heretic in my book. As well as a New age sun worshiper.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Akragon

He claims he is an authority on the Bible with his own interpretations. That my fellow member makes him a heretic in my book. As well as a New age sun worshiper.

actually i heard that from NotYerTypical after being called a heretic myself... i had no idea but apparently you can't be a "heretic" if you're not a Christian in the first place...

Take it up with him brother...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The label stands and your comment is a misfit at best because there are new age sun worshipers as well as old.

No research is needed to know this. It's common knowledge that seems to elude you.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I can't imagine him calling you a heretic but I am aware of the definition exactly. And do believe it can apply as long as they claim authority on the contents of the Bible. I will however see if there's something I don't know about this.
Typ is quite an awesome fellow. I'll check it out.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Really? How are they new age? Just because they managed to resurface after Christianity stomped them out so it could take the pieces and build its own machine of manipulation?

Because that's called "Rediscovery". Not new age. And just because it's new, doesn't make it bad. You just don't like stuff you don't understand. But you won't have to worry about that much longer...new stuff is coming to light every day.

But then again, you don't like new stuff, like "worshipping the sun", so you'll be stuck in...shall we say, the DARK AGES?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

He didn't call me a heretic... he corrected the person that did...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by randyvs

He didn't call me a heretic... he corrected the person that did...

I was gonna say !

Ok gotcha.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

the DARK AGES?

Uh HuH ! Apparently you're to interested in silly attempts at humor, half truths and lies to even watch the video I posted.

Aren't we both in the here and now ? Try to stay in context and not lose touch with reality. K ?

The true story behind the Bible without a shred of truth truth be told. OP should stick to fishing from now on.

edit on 18-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join