It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This will be my first thread, so try to go easy on me if everything isn't in the neatest of orders. I am just doing this on the spur of the moment and haven't really prepared this post beforehand, so I may seem to jump from thought to thought as I go along.

Ok, now to the point of how religion keeps us separated from god. Religion teaches us that in order to get to heaven, we must believe in god, and in order to reach heaven, you must first die and leave this universe.

This is a lie, and the fundamental way in how religion keeps us seperate from god. Heaven is described as the kingdom OF god, which means that god and his kingdom are not separate but the same. His kingdom is him and he is his kingdom.

If we are not in heaven now, we are not with god because we have not yet reached his kingdom. This is simply not true, and I will explain shortly.

Another point of religion is to make us feel as we are inferior, as though we are not worthy in some way. If we feel inferior and unworthy, we are more easily manipulated. That is the key to why religion is, in order to manipulate us so that a few can benefit off of that feeling of inferiority, to make themselves feel superior to us in a sense.

Back to the point on heaven. We are in heaven now and the universe is gods kingdom. Heaven is described as perfect in every way, well so is our universe. Our universe is so huge and complex that it MUST be perfect in order to exist.

If we change any of the strong or weak forces even by the tiniest fraction of a percent, the universe would cease to exist. The universe is perfectly balanced to support life. I don't mean that to make it sound as though something created the universe in order for this to be possible, the universe is this way because of itself, so that it may survive.

We are all the angels within gods kingdom, in fact as far as we know we are gods greatest creation because we are the only ones that we know of as of right now that can comprehend how stuff works and the only ones that ponders its owner existence. We also have the greatest ability to do good in this world.

Lucifer is described as being gods greatest angel at one point, until he started to desire too much. That is the point where god threw him into the 'lake of fire' or hell, where he became its ruler.

That story is very similar to life on Earth.

Earth used to be Eden, a piece of heaven, then humans gained self-awareness (forbidden fruit). Self-awareness leads to seperatism which leads to opinions which leads to hate which leads to manipulation which leads to war. That is why god says to Adam and Eve in the bible that they shall surely die, because self-awareness almost always leads to war.

Humans are gods greatest angels, yet some of us become greedy and desire too much, and when we desire to have more than others we manipulate one another and nature in order to profit and benefit off of it. When we manipulate one another and start destroying nature and polluting it, heaven on Eden becomes hell on Earth.
The greedy among us are the ones that run the world right now, they are the 'rulers' of hell on Earth, just Lucifer is the ruler of the biblical hell.

We are in hell within heaven (as above so below), and the reason we are in he'll is because of man and his greed for more power and more control. We have destroyed heaven on Earth and replaced it with hell.

Religion is a direct result of this hell because if we do not believe that Earth resides within heaven and we only go to heaven after this life, we begin to not respect our mother Earth because there is something 'better' after we die. It is a vicious cycle, and religion encourages us not to care when we pollute our water or cut down our forests, because of the mentality of 'this life doesn't really count, what counts is what's after this life.'

The bible is spoken in metaphors, and the truth is hidden inside of these metaphors. It is quite brilliant how it works, they used the truth in order to lie to us, to take advantage of the vulnerability they bestowed on us.

I'm going to stop here but I will keep an eye on this thread and if anyone has any questions on anything in the bible, I will do my best to answer it. Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hi,
Sorry to be an ass but, does this go the same way for the Qur'an, and the Torah, and basically all religious texts?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I am not exactly sure to tell the truth, I was raised in a christian home and never had the chance to study the other holy books. My gut feeling is that yes, all religion stems from the same story, and that story has been twisted in order to benefit those who run religion, but like I said, I am not exactly sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
These are some interesting points that you make. Can you provide some source references for these claims?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I don't have any sources, these things come directly from me.

I have been soul searching for the past couple of months and I guess growing up in a christian home helped me to make these connections.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Also, Jesus describes himself as 'the light of the world' then states that 'whoever follows me shall never walk in darkness, but be filled with the light of life.' Jesus is a metaphor for the sun. If the sun could talk and it described itself, it would use those exact words.

Jesus' miracles are metaphors for completely natural phenomena as well.

Turning water into wine: In order to grow a grape vine you need two things, water and sunlight. With water and the sun, the vine will grow grapes that can be used to make wine. Nothing supernatural there.

Walking on water: If you have ever watched the sun rise or set on the beach, it looks as though the sun comes down from the sky and touches the water then 'walks' over the horizon, the opposite on sunrises, it looks as though the sun is walking from over the horizon then up into the sky. Nothing supernatural there either.

Healing the sick: Time is the measurement of the suns path across the sky. With time, the sick will heal themselves naturally, either with natural herbs or by their bodies fighting the sickness off, either way it takes time to heal. Nothing supernatural there either.

Jesus is the son (sun) of god. The son is a direct result of the universe, which is god, and literally is the Earths messiah, because without it we would not be alive. Everything on Earth relies on our sun, it is the most vital part of life.

You can get the true message of the bible if you read it literally, but you must also read it in a different context while reading it literally as well.
edit on 17-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i believe that the books of the christian bible have for sure been twisted or had books purposely inserted to push an agenda or have more control. i've also been soul searching for the past couple of years. i'm not sure about the whole heaven on earth type thought, because i believe very much in the spiritual realm, but everybody's got their opinions and i try to respect all of them.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

The spiritual realm is within our bodies and minds. Our spirits are what make us us. The spirit resides within our physical body just as the lord resides within his temple in heaven. Our bodies are our temples and the holy spirit is our spirit.

Our spirits (the lord) reside within our body (the temple) and our body resides within the universe (heaven).

Our spirits are not physical so we can and never will be able to observe them, but the fact that we are alive and we are all different and unique goes to show that we have a spirit.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Hello!

I'm also new to ATS and I wanted to share a video that I came across a while ago on youtube. In case some of you don't have time to watch this 3 part video, it talks about how all religions are similar and all stemmed from Ra, the Sun God from the ancient Egyptian days. If you have the time I strongly suggest you take the time and watch these videos. It's very interesting and makes you wonder about your own religion.

Part 1
www.youtube.com...

Part 2
www.youtube.com...

Part 3
www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-7-2012 by GalacticEmpire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GalacticEmpire

There are many similarities between Horus and Jesus. They were both born from a virgin, had 12 followers, performed miracles, were baptized at age 30, etc.

All religion stems from a single source material, and I'm sure that source dates back before even Egyptian times.

One thing to add, Horus was considered the sun god. Jesus' life has so many similarities with Hours' that I don't think it is a mere coincidence and it's not a coincidence that Horus was considered the 'sun' god either.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

A quick example:

When you (or the bible) references 'his kingdom' it is simply a means for the early Christian to relate. If the early message had described God as multidimensional or something similar, folks would have kept walking and we would not be having this discussion. But a King? Now that they understood.

I know there are those who take the bible literally (or the Koran or the Torah or the etc) but I believe that does a disservice to the message. It minimizes its impact.

Great post, thanks.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

You can read it literally and get the true message, but you also have to take it in a different context at the same time.

Almost everything in the bible is spoken in metaphor, and for good reason. The ones that wrote the bible knew the truth, and in order to deceive everyone they hid the truth within these metaphors.

Their mentality when writing it was probably similar to 'If there are non-believers then they will never look at the bible and what it says and find that truth within it, because they have already made their mind up that it is completely false.'

Religion is THE conspiracy of our time, because it deceives billions of people every single day. It is the mother of all conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1-

Wow. Your post completely makes sense. I can see your point of this (our existence) being heaven on earth and how it is also hell (for some). The simplicity of the idea is refreshing and concise - especially your ideas about the Sun/Son. That defenitly resonates for me. Awesome post my friend.

-Amy

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 4LPH483T50UP

Thank you, I was afraid it would sound all jumbled because I have so many thoughts running through my head right now that it's hard to focus on just one thing.

You are right, it is so simple yet so profound, not to toot my own horn though, I am sure that I am not the first to think of this.

Please flag this thread if you can, I'm not asking for handouts, I just want this to reach as many people as possible so that they could maybe see the truth behind it all and give their take on it.

I also have many other correlations between the natural world and what is in the bible, but I will hold off on that for now though. I'll try to let everyone digest the OP before moving along any further.

Again, thank you for your recognition.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Jesus says in the bible that in order to get into heaven you must be 'born again' or 'be born of water and spirit' depending on what version you have.

If we are reincarnated and this is heaven, then we are literally born back into the universe, which is heaven.

What Jesus means by being born of water and spirit is that you must be born from the water of your mother and you must have a spirit or soul. What is the last thing that happens before a baby is born? The mothers WATER breaks, that is being born of water, and all living things have spirits or souls.

Basically, we ALL have already been born again, or born from water and spirit. We are in heaven now, and we will have eternal life in heaven after we die because we are already in heaven and always will be, only as different people and things.
edit on 18-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hey pal, just wanna say how much I love this thread. A lot. And how cool I think the way you did your screen name. An equal amount to that which I described previously. Namely, a lot. Carry on, brotha, I hope you make some more threads!
I believe you and I believe IN you. And on top of that I agree with you.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

It is best to realize that when asking for "sources to back up these claims", you are asking for proof that what is being said is true. That's similar to saying, "Hmm, that's an interesting perspective, prove to me you are right". We would be here all day.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This will be my first thread, so try to go easy on me if everything isn't in the neatest of orders. I am just doing this on the spur of the moment and haven't really prepared this post beforehand, so I may seem to jump from thought to thought as I go along.

Ok, now to the point of how religion keeps us separated from god. Religion teaches us that in order to get to heaven, we must believe in god, and in order to reach heaven, you must first die and leave this universe.

religion was\is nothing more then a manipulation of various teachings designed to keep the upper crust upper and the rest of us at the bottom in fear.

Earth used to be Eden, a piece of heaven, then humans gained self-awareness (forbidden fruit). Self-awareness leads to seperatism which leads to opinions which leads to hate which leads to manipulation which leads to war. That is why god says to Adam and Eve in the bible that they shall surely die, because self-awareness almost always leads to war.

self awareness doesn't lead to separatism, duality does.

The bible is spoken in metaphors, and the truth is hidden inside of these metaphors. It is quite brilliant how it works, they used the truth in order to lie to us, to take advantage of the vulnerability they bestowed on us.

I'm going to stop here but I will keep an eye on this thread and if anyone has any questions on anything in the bible, I will do my best to answer it. Thanks for reading.

some metaphors, some not, some just the language of the time and much has been removed in order for there to be houses of worship and manipulation, which leads to finding salvation through men and their building's/teachings the only way to find said heaven, oh and please make a donation before you go.

i like your train of thought and just posting my views on the same problem area's.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You should take a look at sumerian religion, from my understanding those religions stem from there. Great post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join