It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Actually, your ego is way to big butter cup. I actually decided to start posting again on ATS because of the very serious psy op going on right now with the shooting in Colorado. I just happened to see you posted on one of my very favorite topics, The bible and Astrotheology.

You are welcome to go to my blog and look around and you will realize I am not some shill or anything. I am quite active. I have just gotten sick and tired of a particular sort of poster on some forums who seems to believe ad hominems and outright disinfo to derail threads is the norm for the day. I focus on my blog, and felt maybe ATS would have a little more sanity, but we shall see.

I don't mind you disagreeing with me, just show your facts. Don't assume anything about my motives, in this case you are dead wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

My mistake ScatterBrain,

I responded to part of your post by copy and pasting part of my article. It was not directed at you. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Like I said, I apologize for assuming that, but I had my reasons, even if they were misguided in your opinion.
edit on 23-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

So all you're really meaning to say honestly, is that the less passionate subjects don't have whatcha call, mosh pits ? I believe. Wrong or not, I myself just do not fit the passive Christian persona. I refuse to take any crap from people for what I believe, as it answers life's ultimate questions for me just fine.and I stand up for what I believe until the day it kills me..

It makes more than fantastic sense to me and I can't see why it upsets people so much if they don't believe ? Which in turn reinforces what I believe, because all of you such people were described far ahead of time. That time being now. I honestly believe in Christ thru no indoctrination but my own since I was kid because I've either seen the perfect sense it makes at any given point.

Or just gave the answer a lot of time to come as I would ponder it thru life and low and behold, answers always came with patience. Answers that made perfect sense and explained Gods plan to me further. I'm totally with out fear and know there is hope at the end of this physical existence. Thru a God who's plan provides a way for us to still have an exciting life populating the empty universe. As our Father in Heaven seems to be reproducing himself thru us. And with the creator of the universe as our more than willing oracle that would replace so much of the trial and error of testing and experimentation. if we hadn't lost our relationship with him from the beginning with some help from the wicked..

The Earth is home to the world man has created. The world God intended for us looks completely different. Money doesn't even exist for starters. Man chose to go it alone and then shows himself to still be a Bozo by using that to say God doesn't exist or if he does he doesn't give a crap about us.

Let your conscience be your guide people.

edit on 24-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's a very good point, Scatter. Please, tell me about your "God". What is your god to you? Do you have a definition, in your own mind, of its nature, or do you define it by what it means in your heart?

I define God by both what I read in the bible and I understand what I read about Him in the Bible through experiencing Him in my life.

He is a Spirit, my invisible Father who is Holy. I can only be with Him in Truth and reverense. When I am not walking in the light, I am in darkness. He has never broken a promise to me and when I was young His first promise that I remember was "I will be ok", and I am still ok. He knows what I need before I do, and knows every thought and not so bright idea I have. He is the only One who I can trust,and I dare not think for a minute God responds anything less than humble and sincere truth. He answers my prayers. When I am not paying attention, Like a father holding my hand he will tug me...if I let go of his hand (resist) because I don't want to go, it is me who left Him and His pure love, He didn't abandon me. He is the Light. After I had enough of darkness, I will search for Him (I have been far from him at times), OR he will use the darkness to bring me to exactly the place I am supposed to be...and the journey is miserable when in darkness. God isn't indifferent (He is personal), He just doesn't play favorites, He is Just and Holy. God word doesnt change.
I don't know what tommorow will be but, If I stay in His light, it doesn't matter because everything is in subjection to Him and nothing will happen that God doesn't allow.
My God is patient and merciful and everything happens for a reason that I don't always understand, that's why it's important for me to put my trust in Him and stay in the light. He is my hope my salvation. God is Love...the perfect and pure kind. Oh, and my God says we are strangers and our stay is temporary, so I ought not get caught up in worldly things. In my life, caring too much about worldly things has only hindered my growth in spiritual things.

edit on 24-7-2012 by ScatterBrain because: added text

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, that certainly is a very egocentric view of life and the universe.

However, If God created an empty universe, for us to populate, then why don't we see the same thing here on earth? For example, white people have to share the planet with black people, Asians and even mixed races! Why isn't everybody the same religion, why do Christians have to have tolerance for Buddhists, Pagans etc.?

How come the planet is populated with other life, that we don't need or care about, like jelly fish? Why did God make food for them?

If God meant for us to one day populate the universe, will we find Gardens of Eden on them for us, complete with trees and animals, or will we have to bring them along, with us?

And finally, what will it do your faith "IF" NASA was to release information of ancient structures on the moon or Mars?

edit on 24-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not a passive person either, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go into a thread and start off by bashing the OP and labeling him with names like 'heretic' and 'liar'.

You may not be a passive christian, but you are the worst kind. You refuse to just let others have their own opinion on the subject, and like I said earlier, you go straight into attack mode, which is extremely immature of someone especially a so-called 'christian'.

I thought christianity and the bible taught people to have compassion for others and to respect their opinions. Apparently you missed that memo because applying labels on your very first post in a thread does not shoe compassion, it shows bigotry and hate.
edit on 24-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I'm not gonna offer an apology, cause some of the things you said, still don't sit well with me. I'll admit the way you said, " Christ is just a metaphor " and then tried to jam me for posting a vid that is really just a lot easier for both of us ? That, did send me a bit over the top for a good while. But here's something to consider.

No matter how bad things get between another member and myself in one thread. I absolutely make it a point in my mind not to ever carry it over. Like for instance, you and I get involved again in a different thread, it will be as if nothing ever happened between us in the past. I absolutely refuse to hold a grudge. So at least my childish temper only goes so far.

SnF It is a good thread anyway.

Win

What, if you care to explain, is egocentric about it. Please ?

And all the questions you're asking would be moot if not completely non existent if we lived in a world God had intended for us. Instead of this utter mess we are obviously making for ourselves. As we go on our own, unguided.and feeble minded. How much farther can we really go without someone who could correct all we skewed and reboot our program ?
edit on 24-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
For example, white people have to share the planet with black people, Asians and even mixed races!

Geez, racist much?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

For example, white people have to share the planet with black people, Asians and even mixed races!

Geez, racist much?

Ok, I'll rephrase the question. "Why, then, do black people have to share the planet with white people?"

Satisfied?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Geez, racist much?

Ok, I'll rephrase the question. "Why, then, do black people have to share the planet with white people?"

Satisfied?

You think only white people can be racist?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I'm really NOT sorry that you can't see past your own personal bias of racism to read my entire answer and questions regarding Randy's post.

But, if your can't add anything other than accusations of racism, then I'm going to assume that you're just up to old troll tactics, again!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I believe it is extremely pathetic that you can't have a normal debate without calling names and slandering other posters.

Have a little respect because you're making yourself out to be very self-righteous and pitiful at the same time.
edit on 24-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Our universe is so huge and complex that it MUST be perfect in order to exist.

I would say that the universe is so "huge and complex" that it could not cease to exist once it came into existence, no matter how imperfect it may have been.
edit on 28-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

In my opinion, the universe never 'came into' existence, I believe it just always has been. The big bang was not the first big bang, only one along an infinite line of big bangs.

ETA: Think about it, if you believe that the universe won't have an end, then why should it have an end? All things that start must have an end, but the universe never started.
edit on 28-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Then, according to your theory, the universe is obviously not perfect, unless you think destroying itself periodically is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It is perfect, but everything works in cycles, why should the universe be any different? We are experiencing the latest cycle of the universe.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It is perfect, but everything works in cycles, why should the universe be any different? We are experiencing the latest cycle of the universe.

Nope, the Universe doesn't cycle -- observations from the Hubble Telescope have demonstrated that the Universe is expanding at an increasing rate, which means that the old theory (universe expands, collapses, expands, etc.) is not correct. If it was, the expansion would have to be decreasing, not increasing.
edit on 28-7-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

There is a theory that within every black hole there is a universe. Why do the laws of physics break down in the middle of a black hole? Because where it leads is no longer part of our universe, it leads to a seperate universe completely independent of our own. That could mean there are big bangs happening all the time and new space time being created all the time.

What does a black hole collapse into? A singularity. Where did our universe come from? A singularity.

I think that's an interesting theory, but until its proven I won't comment on it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Multi-universe theories abound, but they are yet to be proven. By the laws of physics, a black hole is simply a singularity that has the mathematical properties of infinite density and zero volume. Though, after watching The Black Hole I mused over the existence of White Holes, I have yet to see the maths that dispute the laws of physics.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join