It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I actually think this is a good thing. I know a few people who tried to do it the right way and it isn't that easy.
In fact I know one person who has their green card waiting for them but the government wants her to pay $5000 just to come pick it up.
I say this is actually a good thing Obama did.

It is not supposed to be easy, but it is not that hard either (from first hand experience). If someone doesn't respect the laws enough to do it legally, stay home. There are a tremendous amount of legal immigrants from Mexico (something like 30:1 on a per capita basis compared to the #2 country of origin) so not only can it be done legally they appear to have a significant advantage over other countries.

As the person you know for the rest of her story because "the government wants her to pay $5000" for a green card is pure BS.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
As to "legal" immigrants being angry over this.

If anyone is angry over someone else's good fortune...then they have a very deep character flaw within themselves.

Good point.

Next time someone robs the gas station down the street and gets away with it, rather than thinking crime is a problem I will simply applaud the perpetrator's good fortune in evading law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

i didn't read every page, so i am sorry if this has been mentioned already.

i thought presidents were elected by electoral college and not a popular vote. so if even if the people with the work visas could vote (they can't) it wouldn't matter.

-subfab

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

It's not amnesty. It's a stay of deportation. But you already know that.

Oh, and you never waited in any line to become a citizen, so don't even go there.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
But isn’t the deeper problem that the rest of the world all want to crowd into a handful of “western” country’s ie America, UK, Canada, Australia….sometimes being popular sucks!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by janus89
I am actually a legal immigrant. I have been here 4 years and graduated college. I will be a citizen next year and will be signing up as an Officer in the Air National Guard. I waited 14 years to get here and no I am not insulted by this development at all. In fact I am HAPPY that these kids will have a shot at the the American dream. Most of you don't know what it is like to be an immigrant so stop spewing your conjecture about what us legal immigrants think about this. Also have a heart. It helps sometimes.

Thank you Janus89!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This whole country is done.. Time for a mass exodus of the u.s.a.. This is totally lame. My grandmother was born in ny, and my dad was born over seas. And my dad, even though born to an american, had to drop out of college and join the navy to get considered for citizenship. An now you are just going to stamp all these peoples cards? Such bs

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
This whole country is done.. Time for a mass exodus of the u.s.a.. This is totally lame. My grandmother was born in ny, and my dad was born over seas. And my dad, even though born to an american, had to drop out of college and join the navy to get considered for citizenship. An now you are just going to stamp all these peoples cards? Such bs

Wherever you go they will follow you like ducklings following their mother

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

I think he did this because of what bush left him with. Bush never allowed legislation needed to renew immigration laws that was never voted on. Once the old laws expired, millions were left in legal limbo.

My wife was one of them. This was a small part of the reason why we left the US. We were legally married in the US, but since she had no valid entry into the US, We couldn't file for her legal status. They were trying to send us to Tiahauna to get raped and mugged for a dismal day in court.

Yeah.

So we left the US for that and other reasons. Many people that came with valid visas for work and suddenly couldn't renew them were forced to either stay illegally and work....or leave and say good bye to all the work they had already put in.

You can't just leave millions in legal limbo like that. I am glad they did something about it, but I would have just renewed the old laws. I wouldn't grant amnesty to everyone hands down. You can't choose what you get that way.

I don't know. We will return to the US, but my wife will come as a EU citizen. I don't know if we will get her American citizenship ever. I don't know.

I am sure there is a heinous reason for this. Call me a paranoid SOB, but I don't trust anything the POTUS ever does.

This is good though, just too good for potentially bad people to slip in. I wonder if they are retarded or just pretend things must be done badly if at all.
edit on 16-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I actually think this is a good thing. I know a few people who tried to do it the right way and it isn't that easy.
In fact I know one person who has their green card waiting for them but the government wants her to pay $5000 just to come pick it up.
I say this is actually a good thing Obama did.

I'm sorry Gmo, but I think your friend is being scammed. I cannot think of what forms your friend could possibly be filing with associated fees adding up to $5000. The typical cost for greencard application package ranges from $1500-$2000 depending on what forms need to be filed. And USCIS will not process any application that does not have checks included in the app package when it arrives at their processing center.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
"My Commander-In-Chief was Reagan. Who the hell is yours?!?"

This is the OP's signature.

Guess what REAGAN GRANTED AMNESTY. www.youtube.com...

Go back to watching Faux news.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Hey look I have found good fortune in someone elses house, It may have been against the law how I did it but good fortune none the less. Laws are based on principles you either have them or you dont. So by your statement it is OK to break the law. It is OK to jump ahead of the line. It is OK to be a troll.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

If you want to expatriate you are legally able to renounce your citizenship at any US consulate outside of the US. Though I do recommend having citizenship elsewhere before you do so you don't end up stateless in a refugee camp.

And who is stamping people's green-cards?

This a very temporary protection from deportation for those who entered as a kid, without inspection. This very very far from a permanent residency permit(GreenCard).

Also, if you dad was truly born to an American citizen he would be eligible for permanent residency first and citizenship second. Being the immediate relative of an American citizen, your dad would be given the highest priority to attain a GC and citizenship thereafter. This means he wouldn't have had to wait very long compared to others. VISA's are always and immediately available for immediate relatives of American citizens. Not sure why he needed to join the Navy. I call your bluff.

www.uscis.gov... 83e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MuonSpin

bluff? This was in 1965.. And yes, theey made him join the navy to gain his citizenship. It was that or he needed to be deported. Theres no bluffin..

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Annee

To bad they sold us the land and lost a few skirmishes. We won the land and purchased it. It is now ours. That is what happens when you lose a battle or sell something , it belongs to the person that purchased it or won.

So , i dont care if they have been here for 10000 years , we own it now. So ... if they want the land back. Pick up a gun , stop killing your own people , and attack America if you want American territory.

That is the bad thing about losing a war ... you lose ...

edit on 16-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

That is an extremely limited and biased view
There's a LOT of time between 1492 and 1776... and Columbus wasn't even the first on here. It wasn't started with a war, it was started with a whisper, a slow, trickling in and that trickle not being addressed.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

If anyone is angry over someone else's good fortune...then they have a very deep character flaw within themselves.

Good point.

Next time someone robs the gas station down the street and gets away with it, rather than thinking crime is a problem I will simply applaud the perpetrator's good fortune in evading law enforcement.

You do know that this whole topic is not about the parents? It's about their children who had no choice in any of this.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Good point.

What crime did the people benefiting from this commit???

Your analogy is off anyway...how about if the person who robs the gas station has their 10 year old kid in the car...should be throw them in jail for the crimes of the parents???

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.

Hey look I have found good fortune in someone elses house, It may have been against the law how I did it but good fortune none the less. Laws are based on principles you either have them or you dont. So by your statement it is OK to break the law. It is OK to jump ahead of the line. It is OK to be a troll.

Again...what law did these people break when their parents brought them here while they were underage???

edit on 16-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

reply to post by MuonSpin

bluff? This was in 1965.. And yes, theey made him join the navy to gain his citizenship. It was that or he needed to be deported. Theres no bluffin..

Under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 children of US citizens were able to naturalize.

library.uwb.edu...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
We could show all kinds of proof that many illegal immigrants bring all kinds of crime with them.

Obama-bots will just ignore it and repeat the same questions all over again.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join