It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah anyone who doesn't think this is about not getting votes are kidding themselves, it is all about securing the largest voter blocks in the country.

Yes it is a slap in the face to all those who have waited and or currently wating, but OBama is an insult to every American in this country.

Obama is speaking about this right now and he is being rude to a reporter like Obama is god.
edit on 15-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The Daily Caller was a refreshing change at the White House.

Usually NBC, ABC & CBS toss Obama fluffy softball questions.

Neil Munro from the Daily Caller tossed Obama a hardball question and

King Obama threw a hissy fit.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A very Reagan like move by Obama. As the Republicans move farther from being the party of Reagan, the Democrats seem to moving toward it.

Reagan signed a immigration reform bill in the 80s that granted amnesty to immigrants residing in the United States who entered before 1982. About 30% of all illegals at that time.

"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally," Ronald Reagan

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by RoyBatty

Originally posted by The Old American

Why don't we ask a legal immigrant if they are insulted by this? I bet they are happy for their family members who are here illegally! Everyone is so quick to say, this is insulting to blah blah blah. You don't know.
edit on 15-6-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

Good idea! Hey, projectvxn, what do you and your family think of this? What? You say you're too busy in the U.S. military fighting for a fool's freedom to answer a foolish question right now? Sorry to bother you...carry on!

How's that foot taste, genius?

/TOA

You are right, lets NOT ask immigrants what they think and just claim that they are insulted.
That makes a lot more since.

I'm a legal immigrant, I posted a couple of pages back that this is insulting and frustrating. None of my family members are illegal and even if they were, I wouldn't be happy Obama has done this.

One immigrant is hardly "all immigrants".

You said "Why don't we ask a legal immigrant if they are insulted by this?" One answered that he is. So far that's met 100% of your criteria. However, I don't why I expected you play by your own rules. Good job!

/TOa

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
As to "legal" immigrants being angry over this.

If anyone is angry over someone else's good fortune...then they have a very deep character flaw within themselves.

Good point.

Next time someone robs the gas station down the street and gets away with it, rather than thinking crime is a problem I will simply applaud the perpetrator's good fortune in evading law enforcement.

What crime did the people benefiting from this commit???

Your analogy is off anyway...how about if the person who robs the gas station has their 10 year old kid in the car...should be throw them in jail for the crimes of the parents???

The kids didn't do it, that's the shame of it.

But, I guarantee if I was the perp and had my 10yr old riding shotgun when I robbed the gas station, if I got caught there would be legal ramifications for both of us. I would be headed to prison and lose custody of my kid, if I didn't get caught, cool for me and my kid's and my good fortune.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
A very Reagan like move by Obama. As the Republicans move farther from being the party of Reagan, the Democrats seem to moving toward it.

Reagan signed a immigration reform bill in the 80s that granted amnesty to immigrants residing in the United States who entered before 1982. About 30% of all illegals at that time.

"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally," Ronald Reagan

That is a big part of the problem today. What seemed like a good humanitarian thing to do at the time planted the seed of wait long enough and someone will come along and give amnesty. If people knew there was a 0% chance of ever achieving a legal status there would be less coming illegally. I have friends who are legal immigrants and others who are not here legally and the illegal ones are ultimately responsible for their own decisions. I don't even fully blame the adults here illegally much less any kids when the government essentially encourages them in many ways not limited to the expectation of potential future amnesty.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
We could show all kinds of proof that many illegal immigrants bring all kinds of crime with them.

Obama-bots will just ignore it and repeat the same questions all over again.

And I'm sure I can find all kinds of proof that you're wrong. Here's a couple links to start with:

www.immigrationpolicy.org...

www.nber.org...

By the way, if you noticed, Obama's new stop-gap policy excludes criminal aliens.

And, I'm not sure you've heard, Obama's administration has been very busy deporting criminal aliens.

So Obama-bot or Truth-bot?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince
reply to post by whywhynot

No, my position is that you're freaking out over this when US presidents regularly overrule congress in matters they should be consulted on. If you decide to compare Obama to those dictators, why not add in all those other presidents, who most Americans consider great presidents (other than Bush)?

I was merely attempting to show a double standard in that you look at these things when you don't like the president, but presidents you do like you're willing to ignore or defend it.

Your response was to give a pass for illegal actions by pointing out such behavior by others. I suppose if your neighbors home is robbed it is ok to rob your home. I for one do not drop my standards of law just because there are law breakers out there.

Do you have any standard of law? Do you believe that a President can break the law? Remember that what the left today thinks is fine will not be so fine tomorrow when a right side President is enacting new laws without restraint. Are we to just forget about the Congress? As I said before, welcome Dictator Obama. What a joke, he gets awarded the Nobel Peace prize at the beginning of his term and then he spends the rest of his term killing people with drone attacks. What a joker. Did you notice that Gitmo is still open? Unemployment greater than ever? Drink the koolaid and dutifully follow Dear Leader Obama. I choose to follow the law until lawfully changed by our elected representatives. Without the rule of law you will fall into anarchy or dictatorship.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

If he can change immigration law without even an Executive Order, then why can't he declare that his term is extended without an election?
edit on 16-6-2012 by CharlesMartel because: corrected punctuation

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

If he can change immigration law without even an Executive Order, then why can't he declare that his term is extended without an election?
edit on 16-6-2012 by CharlesMartel because: compacted flatuation

Who said he can't or won't?

Just look at the "press conferences" with no questions allowed. Dictators are not obligated to answer questions nor do they take being questioned lightly. This is how it will be and you will comply, unless of course you are some sort of domestic terrorist or enemy of the state. You are not are you?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The conservative's favorite President Ronald Reagan signed into law an amnesty program in 1986, but if a black liberal President tries to do the same in 2012 he is considered a criminal President... what hypocrisy

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

Originally posted by bonnieprince
reply to post by whywhynot

No, my position is that you're freaking out over this when US presidents regularly overrule congress in matters they should be consulted on. If you decide to compare Obama to those dictators, why not add in all those other presidents, who most Americans consider great presidents (other than Bush)?

I was merely attempting to show a double standard in that you look at these things when you don't like the president, but presidents you do like you're willing to ignore or defend it.

Your response was to give a pass for illegal actions by pointing out such behavior by others. I suppose if your neighbors home is robbed it is ok to rob your home. I for one do not drop my standards of law just because there are law breakers out there.

Do you have any standard of law? Do you believe that a President can break the law? Remember that what the left today thinks is fine will not be so fine tomorrow when a right side President is enacting new laws without restraint. Are we to just forget about the Congress? As I said before, welcome Dictator Obama. What a joke, he gets awarded the Nobel Peace prize at the beginning of his term and then he spends the rest of his term killing people with drone attacks. What a joker. Did you notice that Gitmo is still open? Unemployment greater than ever? Drink the koolaid and dutifully follow Dear Leader Obama. I choose to follow the law until lawfully changed by our elected representatives. Without the rule of law you will fall into anarchy or dictatorship.

Illegal because you say so or because flagrant anti-immigration activist Kris Kobach says so?

Personally, I'll side with 100 law professors and 1 constitutional lawyer who believe this policy is completely legal.
unitedwedream.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

edit on 16-6-2012 by CharlesMartel because: corrected punctuation

By the same logic, why he can't declare himself a Klingon and fly away in a Bird of Prey without Executive Order?
edit on 16-6-2012 by MuonSpin because: typo

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Actually there are ways obama can extend his presidency without the need for an election. One example is he can declare martial law throughout America.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuonSpin

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
We could show all kinds of proof that many illegal immigrants bring all kinds of crime with them.

Obama-bots will just ignore it and repeat the same questions all over again.

And I'm sure I can find all kinds of proof that you're wrong. Here's a couple links to start with:

www.immigrationpolicy.org...

www.nber.org...

By the way, if you noticed, Obama's new stop-gap policy excludes criminal aliens.

And, I'm not sure you've heard, Obama's administration has been very busy deporting criminal aliens.

So Obama-bot or Truth-bot?

Personally I despise obama, and I dislike Romney and I have a bipartisan disgust for both parties.

But on the issue of immigrants I can tell you first hand that the legal immigrants I know are some of the most patriotic people I know. They wanted to be here and worked hard to get here. Legal or not, excluding entering illegally or overstaying visas, both groups morally are some of the finest people I know.

Either we enforce immigration laws or we don't but it is completely unfair to enforce bits and pieces and not others. It is also very confusing to all invloved.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

edit on 16-6-2012 by CharlesMartel because: compacted flatulation

By the same logic, why he can't declare himself a Klingon and fly away in a Bird of Prey without Executive Order?
edit on 16-6-2012 by MuonSpin because: charlie bit me

So just because he is 1/2 black you come up with a Klingon analogy, bit racist don't you think?

Star Trek trivia:
Did you know there is no word for 'Girlfriend' in the Klingon vocabulary.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I for one welcome the new tax payers!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
He didn't give amnesty to anyone didn't you even listen to the speech or read the article?

"This is not amnesty. This is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix," Obama said to take on conservative criticism of the step. "This is a temporary stopgap measure."

He can call it whatever he likes. It doesn't change the truth of the situation.
He did a 'run around' congress. He dictated that 800,000 illegals could stay here.
800,000 who will fast track to citizenship and then vote for the democrats.
IT REALLY IS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED AMNESTY from Mr. Transparancy.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

I agree with you in regard to many immigrants being both incredibly patriotic and refreshingly moral and genuine people. I have first hand experience with many first-rate immigrants.

As for immigration policy, I see the immigration laws in a process of changing yet again. Over the years it has had many faces. And now I hope immigration reform takes on the face of mercy, dignity, respect and fairness. I believe Obama's DreamAct is the best bet on the table. And its too bad the Republican Senate had to curb-stomp the such a good thing.

By the way, Obama is not causing any confusion in my opinion. This new policy is consistent with his widely publicized agenda for immigration reform.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

edit on 16-6-2012 by CharlesMartel because: compacted flatulation

edit on 16-6-2012 by MuonSpin because: charlie bit me

So just because he is 1/2 black you come up with a Klingon analogy, bit racist don't you think?

Star Trek trivia:
Did you know there is no word for 'Girlfriend' in the Klingon vocabulary.

Its your assumption I said it because he is black. Honestly, any racist thought is so far from my mind I didn't even make the connection. My best friends are Nigerian, and my wife's ethnicity is very much different than my own.

I was merely making a counterpoint to CharlesMartel's post which I believed to be far-fetched and highly improbable. I was also trying to be funny...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MuonSpin

Just messin' with ya.

Of course it is not a racist remark, we both know that. That was more a commentary of EVERYTHING being racist now. I'm almost 1/2 century old and have never heard people call each other racist more than now. Don't like a policy and we are racist.
edit on 16-6-2012 by KaiserSoze because: A Star Trek fan beat dyslexia by spending 12 years learning Klingon. His friends would be delighted. If he had any.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join