It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

What law did these people break???

They were brought here by their parents.

I understand when people want adults who came here illegally deported...but when people show anger and hostility towards people who were put into a situation by no fault of their own and then get pissed off when they are given an opportunity....it is just heartless.

The people who benefit from this are just as American as you and I.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

And I'm happy to see the law changed, not subverted. Again there is a right way and wrong way to do things. Amnesty should be done, if at all, through legal channels, not by backdoor policy.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

And I'm happy to see the law changed, not subverted. Again there is a right way and wrong way to do things. Amnesty should be done, if at all, through legal channels, not by backdoor policy.

How do you expect anything to get done when the Republicans block any and all entitlement to anyone?

Like it or not (I hate it), 'backdoor policy' has been and will be the only way anything gets done in this country thanks to the advent of obstructionist politics. In this case the backdoor policy does nothing but good for the American people, so I don't really have a problem with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

And this is the crux of the problem I have with folks who support amnesty. Don't like the policy? Can't get your way? Be subversive.

Ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

And this is the crux of the problem I have with folks who support amnesty. Don't like the policy? Can't get your way? Be subversive.

Ridiculous.

No one recieved amnesty.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Indeed I am aware. I was refering to the fact that he has no problem subverting current law and ignoring constitutional procedure to get his way simply because he doesn't like CURRENT policy.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ice was instructed many months ago not to pursue non-criminal illegal aliens, they chose to ignore this with regards to my wife. She made the mistake many years back to trust her ex-husband and he messed up badly. They were given voluntary deportation orders that became involuntary after they chose to ignore it and he failed to tell her this at the time. So, she had 2 kids one born in brazil the other in usa and she decided to divorce him and tried to get status through her child from usa. they would not approve her because her daughter was not a minor in need and they would not let her apply til she was 18, crazy huh? then we meet under very strange circumstances, she is my soul mate, and i tried to get her legal as my wife, they approved our marriage through dhs, but Ice ignored the fact she wasn't a criminal and deported her anyway, even with the directive from obama. so guess what i did, moved to brazil to be with her anyway. but, i am not mad about this at all, why? because, it makes no difference to me as long as i am with her. the grass is not always greener on the other side, just different shades. make the best of whatever your circumstances.

do something nice for a stranger today,

sincerely,

spiritual33

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

I'm glad that you found your soulmate and was willing to move out of the country to be with her. I wish you a long and happy life together.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33
Ice was instructed many months ago not to pursue non-criminal illegal aliens, they chose to ignore this with regards to my wife. She made the mistake many years back to trust her ex-husband and he messed up badly. They were given voluntary deportation orders that became involuntary after they chose to ignore it and he failed to tell her this at the time. So, she had 2 kids one born in brazil the other in usa and she decided to divorce him and tried to get status through her child from usa. they would not approve her because her daughter was not a minor in need and they would not let her apply til she was 18, crazy huh? then we meet under very strange circumstances, she is my soul mate, and i tried to get her legal as my wife, they approved our marriage through dhs, but Ice ignored the fact she wasn't a criminal and deported her anyway, even with the directive from obama. so guess what i did, moved to brazil to be with her anyway. but, i am not mad about this at all, why? because, it makes no difference to me as long as i am with her. the grass is not always greener on the other side, just different shades. make the best of whatever your circumstances.

do something nice for a stranger today,

sincerely,

spiritual33

Hi. I read your story and if you don't mind, I wanted to ask you a couple questions about your experience.

You said, "...tried to get status through her child from usa. they would not approve her because her daughter was not a minor in need and they would not let her apply til she was 18, crazy huh?"
- What status was she trying to get through her child from USA? Minor in need?? Are you saying your wife applied for a hardship waiver?
- They would not let her apply until she is 18 for what exactly? In the US, the son/daughter can only sponsor the parent when that son/daughter is 21. So, does this have to do with a 3-10 year bar?
- You tried to get her legal as your wife? Either she entered without inspection or she overstayed a VISA. Spouses of American citizens(assuming you are a citizen) are allowed to adjust status to permanent resident via form I-485 only if they entered through any US port, w/inspection. Assuming she entered on a visa, did you petition to have her status adjusted?
- So you moved to Brazil? How has it been adjusting to life down there? Do you speak Portuguese? Were you able to find a job?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Indeed I am aware. I was refering to the fact that he has no problem subverting current law and ignoring constitutional procedure to get his way simply because he doesn't like CURRENT policy.

Under current immigration law, passed by congress, the Department of Homeland Security has the discretion to determine a Code of Federal Regulations which grants a temporary stay of deportation and a temporary work permit for immigrants fitting the description outlined in the new policy.

There is no law being broken. And no, ‘constitutional procedure’ is not being subverted.

So are you really saying you want a president who follows your own personal interpretation of constitutional and immigration law?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MuonSpin

Under current immigration law work permits are issued to those who have visas. I know this because I have dealt quite a bit with the Citizenship and Immigration Service under the DHS. The DHS does not have the power to change immigration policy to suit political winds. That takes an act of congress, a procedure whose outline is found in the Consitution.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You just said the problem was with people supporting amnesty. Since this is not amnesty, what is your real problem? What exactly did Obama do that you do not like here?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

Backdoor policy. I think I've stated it enough times. The DREAM Act is a back door policy as well. The argument is that it was the parents, not the kids who committed the crime and therefore this policy is for the children, when in fact, this policy will guarantee the legal foothold for legalizing illegal immigrants by virtue of being the parents.

It rewards lawbreaking for political gain. And people like the poster I replied to believe subverting existing law and using slippery slope policies to get their way is reasonable.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

As a member of an immigrant family (first generation) I disagree. We don't mind at all. Our situation was really quite different than those who were granted amnesty We paid all our dues for citizenship and were happy to do it. In no way are we left feeling disgruntled or mistreated and we most certainly do not fault anyone else whose process is easier than ours was.

First of this amnesty applies to those brought here when they were young and in many cases have no or limited places to return to. They were after all raised here - illegally or not.

Second they are not being given citizenship, they are being given the opportunity to apply for a two year work visa (this is a fairly limited visa) that they can renew indefinitely (they will be run through the immigration process every two years which means they will be highly tracked).

No skin off our back. . .

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by habitforming

Backdoor policy. I think I've stated it enough times. The DREAM Act is a back door policy as well. The argument is that it was the parents, not the kids who committed the crime and therefore this policy is for the children, when in fact, this policy will guarantee the legal foothold for legalizing illegal immigrants by virtue of being the parents.

How does that happen when the parents have to go back to Mexico or wherever they came from?

It rewards lawbreaking for political gain. And people like the poster I replied to believe subverting existing law and using slippery slope policies to get their way is reasonable.

OK. Go on, in detail.
edit on 6-7-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join