It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyBatty
reply to post by Annee

You don't know my situation either and you're not answering my question. "Next"? Surely you should know better in all your years, than to answer so transparently.

What? Your situation is more important then someone else's? NO - - its not actually.

What question? You went off on some Political tantrum.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Just deny all illegals health care. Done. This place won't be such a score then. Sorry everybody, I'm still thinking of ways to get illegals out while Obama is thinking of ways to keep them here. Regardless of election, which I'm convinced votes don't count anyways, Obama is awful and this is just another fail to point out. I'll take anyone instead of repeating the same mistake over, that's on the verge of insanity. And if the next guy sucks, give me someone else.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I find it hilarious that people think that not deporting them makes them citizens who can vote

I'm hoping people really don't think that...and are just trying to spread lies...it's the lesser of the two ignorance.

When I went to get my Illinois driver's license, she put a voter registration form in front of me and asked, "do you want to register to vote" and didn't ask for any proof of citizenship. Just fill out the form and vote.

Just letting you know, before you call me and others "ignorant", make sure you're right first. Also, spell "ignorant" correctly.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyBatty

you're not really asking people to adhere to different rules.

this is why.

the legal immigrant enjoys a peace of mind the illegal knows not.

the illegal knows the severity of the situation and they constantly look over their shoulders trying to cover their tracks and for what...to provide what they hope will be a better future for their children.

for decades they live in this manner...never even telling the little ones the reality of their situation.

then 25 years passes, the time the average murderer would spend in prison and an opportunity arises, not for them but for their children...to live with a level of comfort their parent never could.

and the legal immigrant compares their 45 minute wait in a line to what they went through. considering the level of corruption in the system, with the fake marriages and such...i don't apply much value for the legals...i'll give them credit for being more sophisticated at most.

that's insulting to me.

but i'm only just barely lawful myself...so maybe that is why.

edit on 15-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Someday you will face a similar situation as mine and we'll see how you "mind your manners".

I can assure you that if I were ever in a situation where I was forced to leave my homeland and seek a new home, I would consider myself pretty damn lucky to have landed somewhere where people are treated humanely and with compassion

It speaks volumes to me that you resort to personal attacks.

it wasn't an attack - it was admonishment
edit on 6/15/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanceCorvette

I find it hilarious that people think that not deporting them makes them citizens who can vote

I'm hoping people really don't think that...and are just trying to spread lies...it's the lesser of the two ignorance.

When I went to get my Illinois driver's license, she put a voter registration form in front of me and asked, "do you want to register to vote" and didn't ask for any proof of citizenship. Just fill out the form and vote.

Just letting you know, before you call me and others "ignorant", make sure you're right first. Also, spell "ignorant" correctly.

Wrong.
DMV doesn't grant you the right to vote. They give you paperwork to register. If you're underage or not a citizen your registration will not be approved. Denial of Voter Registration is what follows.
DMV asked you if you wanted to register, not if you wanted the instantaneous right to vote.
edit on 15-6-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Ok, so clearly tonight the "pros" to this announcement are unable to have an intelligent discourse about this without resorting to name-calling. "Tantrum"? Really? I posit that this law undermines the confidence of citizens in their immigration laws, especially those millions who emigrated legally. Not just me. The country is debating this because it is a paradigm shift which dramatically affects immigrants, past present and future.

The question is, how do you justify this decision to the millions who have entered the country with difficulty but legally?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I would double check that.

I was at the DMV and they asked if I wanted to vote online.

I had to be a registered voter for them to process my online voting.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Someday you will face a similar situation as mine and we'll see how you "mind your manners".

I can assure you that if I were ever in a situation where I was forced to leave my homeland and seek a new home, I would consider myself pretty damn lucky to have landed somewhere where people are treated humanely and with compassion

It speaks volumes to me that you resort to personal attacks.

it wasn't an attack - it was admonishment
edit on 6/15/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

LOL!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

No they're correct in that you can register to vote at the DMV. In NY they give you the option. However, if you're not yet 18 or not a citizen, you will not be approved for such.
Otherwise, everyone with a felony would revisit the DMV

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyBatty

Ok, so clearly tonight the "pros" to this announcement are unable to have an intelligent discourse about this without resorting to name-calling.

Apparently - - - your definition of intelligent means agreeing with you.

I think we're done.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You never answer direct questions. This is not the first time. Yes, you are done.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

No they're correct in that you can register to vote at the DMV. In NY they give you the option. However, if you're not yet 18 or not a citizen, you will not be approved for such.

I just registered online for Arizona.

I don't think for a second its not being checked for eligibility.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

Originally posted by bonnieprince

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by milkyway12

This is the action of a dictator or a king. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad couldn't even do this in Iran by himself. I would suppose that Kim Jong il could. Is this the beginning of the end? Does Obama, the constitutional scholar forget about why we have a congress?

Where in the constitution does it talk about illegal immigrants?

Also i'm sorry, but Kim Jong il focused on keeping his people in, I fail to see what him and Iran have to do with immigration policy. I don't see what's so horrible about giving people who were raised here (so no, they often didn't choose to come all the way over here themselves, they were taken over by parents etc) a chance to live here. This isn't going to encourage mass migration, it's just saying people can stay in the country they were raised in, rather than having a situation where you can be deported to a country you haven't lived in since you were a baby (can you imagine being sent to a strange country you may not even know the language and customs of and told it was your home?).

Also everyone saying this increases his voter base, in what way? he isn't giving them immediate citizenship and registration for the next election, thus how could they vote for him?

Also on American jobs, by legalising immigrants, you probably help more Americans get jobs, as companies can no longer hire them illegally at reduced wages (which cuts Americans out of the picture).

One final point, there isn't really a line to get into the USA, I mean, for gods sake, you have a lottery to get in! I've known people to try dozens of times and never get it.

My post didn't speak what-so-ever to the value of the proposed action by Obama, I spoke to the unilateral action of the President who is acting beyond his authority. The Founders of this nation organized a system of laws. The President cannot "choose" which ones he likes. Obama wants to be a dictator like Kim.

So do you think other presidents like Lincoln, Bush, and many others were all dictators? They acted unilaterally, often against full approval of the congress or the constitution. Gosh what about the illegalities of Nixon (planning to kill a journalist, using the FBI to track anti-war activists etc). Hardly something new for American presidents

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Of course it is. I think the thing that the poster who brought it up was missing, was that they were picking up their license. Meaning the DMV already their personal data and suffiecient paperwork to infer their citizenship and they were then asked if they wanted to register. It's not like they walked in off the street, approached counter and was asked to register first off.

Much as I hate DMV, they seem to have their act together. They're nazis at their core and I think the TSA should take lessons from them. The old bags at the DMV give me nightmares. DMV ladies make soup Nazi look like a TellieTubby.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
and I want to add this concerning all these 'legal' immigrants.

it was recently, in the last month, brought to my attention that a woman, who is here in the US legally, has married eight (8) times in her 45 years of life, but none of them to the father or her children.

i can't prove it, but I suspect she is the involved in massive immigration fraud over a period of time exceeding 20 years.

i bet she's insulted alright. after living in this manner only at the end to see people where the only crime they committed was that they entered the country illegally as infant children receive Amnesty.

another thing is that such a condition can be exploited by enemies of America. if these young people are now legal, Obama has undermined this situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Of course it is. I think the thing that the poster who brought it up was missing, was that they were picking up their license. Meaning the DMV already their personal data and suffiecient paperwork to infer their citizenship and they were then asked if they wanted to register. It's not like they walked in off the street, approached counter and was asked to register first off.

Much as I hate DMV, they seem to have their act together. They're nazis at their core and I think the TSA should take lessons from them. The old bags at the DMV give me nightmares. DMV ladies make soup Nazi look like a TellieTubby.

I think most people missed the operative word in my post, and that word was "Illinois".

There's some kind of "motor-voter" law that, believe it or not, I am not the first to find that anyone can register and that they encourage anyone and everyone to register (that's sort of its purpose - to get anyone and everyone to register).

Yes, I was changing the address on my license. She handed me the form as I stepped up to her, before she had any of my information or knew my purpose in going there.

Also, I meant "just register and vote" in a figurative sense, not "vote instantaneously the second I register."

Anyway, one simple comment and everyone's jumping down my throat. Bye!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LanceCorvette

You were giving us your story in an attempt to connect the recent law with illegals voting. You responded to Outkast in that manner anyway.

I wasn't jumping down your throat. I was showing what the truth is.

That illegals cannot walk into DMV, sign some papers and gain suffrage.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

"Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line,"

It never ceases to amaze me the level of ignorance and lack of reading comprehension found here on ATS. For all those that think this is amnesty, immunity or a way for "illegals" to gain citizenship and thus "a slap in the face for legal immigrants" let's look at the original article.

This is not amnesty. This is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix," Obama said to take on conservative criticism of the step. "This is a temporary stopgap measure.
I added bold for those who are having trouble comprehending what was said. If you don't like to read there is a nice video that you can watch which says the same thing.

Here is more about "temporary relief".

"Over the next few months eligable individuals who do not present a risk to national security or public safety will be able to request temporary relief from deportation proceedings and apply for work authorization."
Perhaps many think Obama is lying or that there is a sinister plot involved. Even if that were the case we need to take it one step at a time. Accuse first then discuss, not discuss it as if it were fact first.

Originally posted by TheTardis

reply to post by TheTardis

Good lord...no one is getting "amnesty".

I haven't been able to listen to the Right Wing talk shows today...this must be their buzz word for the day since all of you are saying it over and over.

Take off the "Donkey" colored glasses for a second and read for yourself. Call it what you want. Play the Clinton word games. I even found you a source for the Clinton News Network (CNN)

SOURCE

And for those playing stupid word games

DICTIONARY (AMNESTY)

Now go troll somewhere else.
I found this reply hillarious. "Stupid word games", you mean literature? Let's look at the definition for amnesty.

1. a general pardon for offenses, especially political offenses, against a government, often granted before any trial or conviction.
  2. Law . an act of forgiveness for past offenses, especially to a class of persons as a whole.
  3. a forgetting or overlooking of any past offense.
In this case as it has been outlined does not include "a forgetting or overlooking of any past offense". This is a temporary relief, amnesty would be final.

Amnesty this is not! This title is misleading and as it currently stands this should be put in the HOAX bin!

edit on 6/15/2012 by Devino because: spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

its amazing how people pick and choose what to believe when it comes from the mouth of a Politician.

Obama is hedging his position with those statements, so the Republicans don't pounce.

This is total Amnesty and it will be extended to their parents before the general election.

All Illegals should realize that unless they get caught selling crack near an elementary school, they will probably get to stay here with their families.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join