It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Devino I applaud your efforts.

Sadly, we are going to soon see countless posts begininning with the following....."I can"t believe Obama is just declaring that all illegals are now citizens! It makes me so sick that these people who cannot even speak our language, are now given outright citizenship and the right to vote! Obama has done this to fatten up on votes no doubt."

Either that, or there will even be new threads about it declaring amnesty for all illegals.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I actually think this is a good thing. I know a few people who tried to do it the right way and it isn't that easy.
In fact I know one person who has their green card waiting for them but the government wants her to pay $5000 just to come pick it up.
I say this is actually a good thing Obama did.

Look all sides agree that immigration is messed up beyond belief. Congress panders to votes and the President panders to votes -- regardless of political affiliation.

Most people just want a sane and workable approach to uniform naturalization -- but none can do it because it threatens their voter base.

How can you be happy about this? Explain that please...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Don't get me wrong, the only thing I trust a politician to do is lie. I am no fan of Obama but my concern is for the blatant fallacy of the title to this thread. This is not amnesty as it has been clearly pointed out. It is temporary relief not permanent. The difference should be apparent to you as well as everyone else that can read a dictionary.

This is total Amnesty and it will be extended to their parents before the general election.
As the "Dream Act" is written this is not amnesty. Perhaps amnesty will be given to some, I don't know, but that would then be another issue. The issue here has to do with words given not actions taken and, as such, the title of this thread is false. As for amnesty being given in the future only time will tell but I trust that things will not go as you are fearing they might.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Thanks for the applause.

The least I can do is point out literary mistakes for the sake of understanding. It is up to the individual to choose what to do with this information.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm kind'a pissed off by this.

Get this. I'm from Sweden. I have an American girlfriend. I came to visit her in the US for five months. Because it was so difficult to get a work permit, I decided to stay here without working. Now, my five months are coming to an end, and I'm soon heading home, knowing that my plans to work in the US next time I go back, are going to be really difficult to achieve. What's even more difficult is getting a citizenship. Even marrying my girl isn't enough these days to achieve that.

So, would I say, if this is true, that I'm offended?

Hell yes! What point is it for me to jump through the #loads of legal hoops to become a US citizen so I can stay in this beautiful country permanently, if someone else can take a shortcut and reach the same goal without actually doing it with honest work - without actually deserving it?

This isn't just an insult to us legal immigrants (though I'm not yet one of these). It's an insult to American citizens, whether born here or immigrated. I want to say "Illegals should be shot", but that's too harsh, even for me. But they should be deported, and if caught again, thrown in jail. They are breaking the law. That's all there is to it. Giving them a 'pardon' is encouraging and giving green light to illegal immigration to the country.

That's like the victim telling the parasite, "Here, I made you breakfast", as said victim is being eaten up alive from the inside by said parasite.
edit on 16-6-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
I'm kind'a pissed off by this.

Get this. I'm from Sweden. I have an American girlfriend. I came to visit her in the US for five months.

You are an adult. You chose to come here.

This is about an opportunity for children who had no choice in coming here. They were brought by their parents.

My daughter's husband is foreign born. They went through all the proper procedures for him to get a green card and work visa.

The situations are completely different.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I find it hilarious that people think that not deporting them makes them citizens who can vote

I'm hoping people really don't think that...and are just trying to spread lies...it's the lesser of the two ignorance.

What's to say he doesn't put through another executive order giving them that right? Why not? He can do whatever he wants, I guess.

This move will cause deeper divisions and racial hatred, especially when considering the hideous condition of the US economy. Illegals cause real wages to drop, giving the unemployed an even harder time. Plus they are known to send wealth out of the country. Nothing good can come or this, except for maybe corporations and the president himself. Hmmmmmmmm.
edit on 16-6-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
They would have stood in line if a line had existed for them, but it didn't.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Though it isn't the fault of the kids that were brought here, they wouldn't be here if their parents didn't come here illegally. They shouldn't be rewarded. We have too many unemployed citizens, we don't need these kids taking more jobs away from citizens.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MollyMN

And how do you know all those people you are ranting about are illegal immigrants??? Did you check their citizenship??

Oh right...they are brown...and you are a racist...so that means they MUST be illegal...that clears it up.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Though it isn't the fault of the kids that were brought here, they wouldn't be here if their parents didn't come here illegally. They shouldn't be rewarded. We have too many unemployed citizens, we don't need these kids taking more jobs away from citizens.

there were some of them on the CBS Morning Show yesterday morning. They made some good arguments. They were here as small children and this is the only life they have ever known. They would have no idea of how to function back in their original country. The ones shown were in their 20's-30's and had good, productive lives and were making positive contributions. I hadn't thought about it until I saw the show, it was before Obama's decision. Watching them personally tell their story influenced my opinion a great deal. It gave me something to relate to.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Sir , if you cant speak English and are Mexican , there is a HIGH possibility you are Illegal.

Basic Requirement to be given a Citizenship.

***** You must know about basic U.S. history and government, and be able to speak, read, and write simple English.

So , if most of the Illegal immigrants in America are Mexican .... guess what! We should be looking for Hispanic people.

Oh , i am sorry , the person that JUST robbed the store was Mexican / Hispanic but we cannot look for him in the neighborhood because he is Mexican and we are racial profiling.

If you arent here legally , get out.
edit on 16-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

ME ME ME

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Sir , if you cant speak English and are Mexican , there is a HIGH possibility you are Illegal.

Basic Requirement to be given a Citizenship.

***** You must know about basic U.S. history and government, and be able to speak, read, and write simple English.

So , if most of the Illegal immigrants in America are Mexican .... guess what! We should be looking for Hispanic people.

Oh , i am sorry , the person that robbed the store was Mexican / Hispanic but we cannot look for him because he is Mexican and we are racial profiling.

Aaaand where the hell is any of that written?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

You must know about basic U.S. history and government, and be able to speak, read, and write simple English.

Those that this is about do.

Oh , i am sorry , the person that JUST robbed the store was Mexican / Hispanic but we cannot look for him in the neighborhood because he is Mexican and we are racial profiling.

I know its shocking - but Mexican/Hispanics were here before white Europeans.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

To bad they sold us the land and lost a few skirmishes. We won the land and purchased it. It is now ours. That is what happens when you lose a battle or sell something , it belongs to the person that purchased it or won.

So , i dont care if they have been here for 10000 years , we own it now. So ... if they want the land back. Pick up a gun , stop killing your own people , and attack America if you want American territory.

That is the bad thing about losing a war ... you lose ...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

*facepalm*

Really? The people that are being given this temporary "amnesty" are kids man, kids. nearly all of them consider themselves to be citizens, because most if not all of them have had to go through a lot in order to make a living in this country, I understand your point of view, but I don't respect it one bit I guess its easy to criticize people when you haven't had to go through your childhood as a second class citizen and although you may see it as something purely political (with sprinkle of racism), giving these kids who know English,and want to actively benefit the nation a temporary "amnesty" will do more for this country in the long run, especially when your entire family is counting on you to go to become "a somebody" in this country not because YOU want to but because your entire family's future is resting on the shoulders of you and your siblings. Trust me; when you have everything to lose there is no going back

-I know ATS tends to demonize Obama, And it might be that ill get shot down with counter arguments, but i can safely say that giving these Citizens (they are in my opinion, except not legally) "amnesty" gives me hope for the future of Latin-Americans when it comes to being fully accepted as integral members of society in Los Estados UNIDOS

And as a side note, this topic on immigration is not new, US history tends to repeat itself. Similar Anti immigration responses were given during 1900's-20th century "new" wave of immigration (eastern European) which a majority of american families come from. Apparently, every time a wave of immigration appears, the old Guard,
(you guys) tend to find any reason, whether it be political social, racial or economic to try to stop immigration.
(This has been happening for ages guys, I'd expect us to accept immigration as a society after 100 years of bickering)

ALSO Having been in that position, I can assure you that almost losing everything, while having to be treated as a second class citizen, along with academic pressures (Advanced placement classes FTW) AND being a big Bro was not the easiest of tasks my friends, especially when you were one of "these people who cannot even speak our language" _javascript:icon('
')

Not bad for a first time poster eh?_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

To bad they sold us the land and lost a few skirmishes. We won the land and purchased it. It is now ours. That is what happens when you lose a battle or sell something , it belongs to the person that purchased it or won.

So , i dont care if they have been here for 10000 years , we own it now. So ...

News for you.

Not all of them lived below the southern US border. Those that didn't are Americans with Mexican/Latino heritage.

Brown skin and all.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Not sure what you are arguing about with that statement. Please elaborate.

If the Mexicans (cultural) are born inside the United States legally ... then they are United States citizens. Basically , you just said , from what i understand , any one born inside the United States borders are citizens.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Not sure what you are arguing about with that statement. Please elaborate.

If the Mexicans (cultural) are born inside the United States legally ... then they are United States citizens. Basically , you just said , from what i understand , any one born inside the United States borders are citizens.

Your previous post.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join