It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we christians/creationists must spread the word we believe in

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by tmw93
. demons even talk to me some times telling me to push people infront of the train.

wait.....what?

i kind of believe him. i used to see "demons" holding people by their lower spine when they were durnk and making them say nasty things. thats was when i was a kid though. i gradually convinced myself it was imagination and it stopped. but lately lots of weird things have been happening. so now im not so sure

mind. blown.
seriously? as a kid? what was their appearance and at what age were you? children are much more susceptible to alternate cognitive perception. I suspect this is due to the fact that they are still using certain portions of the human brain that cease to be utilized after fully completing the process of sexual maturity? Dunno, but I am also curious to know what other weird things you find yourself encountering as of late. Mostly because I'm nosey, but also as validation for my own, personal conjecture.

i rather not talk about that in the open considering the amount of heat i'd take for saying such nonsense. and in addition it'd be off topic. message me on here (if they have private messages) or youcan find me on youtube same username

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BULLPIN

How do you feel about the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on your door in their attempt to "spread the good news," as it were? Just curious....

Well, considering the fact that I'm usually either in my panties and a t-shirt and can't find any pants to put on or laying down with my infant for naptime, their knocks go un-answered.

Having said that, I don't like being targeted at my house. That's offensive to me and I find it completely unrelated to me choosing to log on to my lap top, choosing to get online, choosing to get onto ATS and choosing to click on the "Religion and Theology" forum, where I also choose to click on various threads that may be of interest.

Then choosing to read and participate in them, or choosing to ignore them and move on.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
True believers (the brainwashed) think they have some right to tell everyone what to think and how to live their life. Only a moron would look at the information offered by these nuts and believe it. I love when they try to convert me I usually destroy them with FACTS

Long story short people who believe in god should shut up and leave the rest of us alone unless they want us knocking on their door telling them to change their opinions to suit ours.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Puh-lease, we hear enough from you guys.

- give it a rest, this is a conspiracy forum- not a platform for preahers.

technically, this is a conspiracy website and you are in the "Off-Topic: Religion, Faith and Theology Forum"

what are preahers?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tmw93

Just trying to help me find Christ anyway you can? Try a different technique...appealing to your God for forgiveness and acceptance does not impress me.

Why can't you guys just live and let live? People trying to save my soul gets so very old and so very boring. It is also highly offensive. You(Christians, in general) have never met me and yet you believe I need to be saved...laughable.

Hear Me, ye of the Book....

A religion that teaches that all humans are born in Sin is no religion I will be a part of. I was born through Love...not Sin.

A religion that tells me that I must repent and seek forgiveness for merely being human is no religion that I will be a part of. I don't need to do that because I am exactly how my creator intended me to be. I bet God must get bored with people begging for love and redemption instead of being the people God intended.

A religion where humans must grovel to be worthy of the attention of God is no religion I will be a part of. I don't need to belittle myself to feel the presence of a higher power. It is very easy to find if one knows where to look. Unfortunately, most don't because they are preoccupied with pleasing instead of being.

By all means...continue in your quest to save people. I will be there to rebuff your attempts because people don't need to be saved. They need to be set free.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

what are preahers?

gotta LOVE those posts by stupid girl! Thanks for keepin' things real...

The secularists are more fanatical than any religious cult. Have you ever noticed this fact: Atheists claim they do not believe in the existence of God, yet they spend all their time fighting Him and making negative comments about God.

Some here are VERY confused as to WHY the "preahers" do what they do...

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

The spirit which led the Saviour to sacrifice his life for the good of the church, should lead us to do the same thing for our brother. Remember the ATS motto, if there EVER was a time to "Deny Ignorance", that time is NOW.

Listen to the words of this video:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

what are preahers?

gotta LOVE those posts by stupid girl! Thanks for keepin' things real...

The secularists are more fanatical than any religious cult. Have you ever noticed this fact: Atheists claim they do not believe in the existence of God, yet they spend all their time fighting Him and making negative comments about God.

Some here are VERY confused as to WHY the "preahers" do what they do...

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

The spirit which led the Saviour to sacrifice his life for the good of the church, should lead us to do the same thing for our brother. Remember the ATS motto, if there EVER was a time to "Deny Ignorance", that time is NOW.

Listen to the words of this video:

christians and athiest are no different. both lying to themselves. i throw you both in the same box. You're telling yourself you know the unknown

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cnalterego

True believers (the brainwashed) think they have some right to tell everyone what to think and how to live their life. Only a moron would look at the information offered by these nuts and believe it.

It has nothing to do with having the "right" to tell everyone what to think and how to live. All we are, are the watchers on the towers crying out warnings of emminent danger. You see, your blood is on our hands if we see the danger coming and say nothing to the people, so we have to warn you.

As for the "information offered by these nuts", What Jesus has to teach is completely beneficial to all mankind and not one bit of it harmful. If the entire world obeyed him we would not have the problems the world has now with wars, and there would be no upper, middle or lower class citizens, nor would there be starvation, or greed or malice or theft and murder.

You may think you know everything, but you do not and cannot.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus is too exclusionary for comfort.
People want to be comfortable in their indignance.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by SilentKoala
According to the Bible:

- The sun is the same age or older than all the other stars (Genesis 1:16)

There has been no evidence to show that the stars are any older than any other star. No man has ever seen a star being born, we have only witnessed them dying - ala Novas or Super Novas.

Also, interestingly enough on the "star" subject, there are only two known methods to measuring distance from the Earth to stars - the first, can only measure up to 400 light years away, and most people (including secular scientists) that it is a very poor measuring method. The second, is the redshift theory - which is fallible. It uses the Doppler Effect - so scientists figure that if a star is moving away, it will make a red shift, and if it is leaving, it will make a blue shift - since they found a majority of the stars had red shift (and this somehow proved the Big Bang theory?), they assumed they were "moving away from us". Could be, but there are other explanations.

This was an early sign that redshifts reliably indicate the distances of galaxies. For QSOs ['QSO' = 'Quasi-Stellar Object' = 'Quasar'], however, the diagram shows a wide scatter in apparent brightness at every redshift. In fact, there is little correlation of brightness to redshift at all! Either QSOs come in an extremely wide range of intrinsic luminosities, as most people believe, or their redshifts do not indicate distance. Thus for us the only conclusion that can be drawn is that at least some QSOs are relatively nearby, and that a large fraction of their redshift is due to something other than the expansion of the universe.

- Burbidge, Geoffrey, and Adelaide Hewitt, "A Catalog of Quasars Near and Far," Sky and Telescope (December 1994) p. 32

Also, it doesn't really matter since the speed of light is not a constant, and never has been.

- A day can be prolonged by the "sun standing still" (Joshua 10:13)

Interestingly, there are several "legends" of a long day throughout history -

Harry Rimmer, in 1940, summarized the traditions-

In the ancient Chinese writings there is a legend of a long day. The Incas of Peru and the Aztecs of Mexico have a like record, and there is a Babylonian and a Persian legend of a day that was miraculously extended. Another section of China contributes an account of the day that was miraculously prolonged, in the reign of Emperor Yeo. Herodotus recounts that the priests of Egypt showed him their temple records, and that there he read a strange account of a day that was twice the natural length.

I wonder why..

- A day can be prolonged by the sun moving backwards (Isaiah 38:8)
Here's a good read for that.

- The smallest seed on earth is the mustard seed (Mark 4:31)

The passage you referenced does not state that the mustard seed is the smallest seed.

- All the stars in the sky, which include entire galaxies, will fall to earth, but the earth will keep on existing (Revelation 6:13)

Revelation 9:1 seems to indicate these "Stars" are angels - whether fallen or not, it is unknown (and by that, I mean either Demons or Angels can fit this role).

- The sun revolves around the earth (Ecclesiastes 1:5)

It simply states it rises and sets. Obviously, we know that the sun does not literally rise, but it's common for people to say that. "Sunrise" and "sunset" are still used today.

Interestingly, Ecclesiastes 1:6 states-

The wind goeth towards the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

Jet streams. These men knew about jet streams thousands of years ago. Wow.

- Earthquakes happen because "God is angry" (Psalm 18:7)

Fires can start by irresponsible smokers, throwing out their lit cigarettes on the dry brush - does this mean all fires start this way? Obviously no - then certainly not all Earthquakes are caused by God's anger.

- The precipitation that comes down from the sky doesn't return (Isaiah 55:10)

You may need to learn how precipitation works - it comes as rain, snow, sleet, etc, waters the Earth, nourishing plants, animals, people - and THEN the cycle starts over again, with evaporation, condensation, and back to precipitation. The verse you referenced does not contradict this.

Try harder.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Don't agree with your religion but was impressed with the fact that you actually care about others. More power to you.

With that said, my firm belief is that ANY sort of dogma will end with the death and destruction of many people, objects, history, flora and fauna.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Pretty sad that you can believe you came to this planet, in this dimension as a crap-shoot to see if you can find God's message, then swallow that message out of pure fear, change the fear into JOY because you now know how to save yourself, and then realize noone even in your church can agree on this ridiculous translation of books that were written for various reasons....BUT STILL BELIEVE, and all because you could not handle talking to yourself but need someone to write you a reason for being, to PROGRAM you.

Ah, so you think you know me do you? I was agnostic to the point i didn't even believe God/Jesus even existed. I fell into alot of stuff. I was agnostic for 14 years starting when i went to college. I didn't come to Christ out of fear, i came out of despair desiring redemption for the things i did in my past that i couldn't forgive myself for and only one faith offered me redemption. I came to Christ of my own accord, no one had to beat me, or prod me, or bribe me.

To say no one can agree on the translation of the scriptures is a false statement, we have the septuagint and the textus receptus with scholars who spend their entire lives doing nothing but reading those books, and the ones translating the Dead Sea Scrolls that proves the modern bible is accurate to the occasional mispelled word.

I deal with scientific facts, specifically archeaology and the archeoalogy actually supports the Holy Bible and not the secular beliefs that the bible is made up. I have some videos you should watch but i doubt you will because your hate, anger and animosity clouds your judgement.

Even an Atheist came to Christ when presented with scientific evidence

You see, for years the secular world tried to say that Jesus never existed, and that the bible is fairy tales. They are wrong. Simon Peter, Lazarus, Mary, and Martha's tombs were all discovered on Mt. Olivet with the name of Yeshua (Jesus the Christ) carved into their ossuaries signifying who they believed in with the crosses etched into the stone. These same secularists tried to site that Jesus couldn't possibly exist because Pontius Pilate never existed despite Tactitus mentioning the Prefect of Judea.

Then one day archeaologists found a stone artifact bearing the name of Pilate in the ruins of Caesarea, the very town Jesus preached in frequently.

The Old Testament stories of Mt. Sinai and Mt. Horeb and the Golden Calf, all true, in fact the real locations of those mountains were discovered by archeaoologists as notable as the Discovery channel's Naked Archeaologist Simcha Jacobovici.

So you see there is evidence there, and more turns up all the time. Unfortunately most of it never leaves Israel's top universities because the scientific world cannot bear to learn that Jesus does exist, that and there are alot of jews in Israel who are not yet ready to say "blessed is he who comes in the name of YHVH" and to look on the one whom they pierced.
edit on 31-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by tmw93

Hear Me, ye of the Book....
By all means...continue in your quest to save people. I will be there to rebuff your attempts because people don't need to be saved.

@Mr. Reality and all those determined to take on God you need to pull up your big-boy britches cause' you ARE going to need them, video below shows the end result of a satanist who decided to whoop one of God's chosen:

"But if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God!"

edit on 31-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

"But if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God!"

Good quote, this came from Gamaliel who actually supported the Apostles of Jesus when the Sanhedrin wanted to have them put to death.

It would seem Gamaliel was right, 2000 years later...we're still here despite many attempts to wipe us out of existence.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Puh-lease, we hear enough from you guys.

- give it a rest, this is a conspiracy forum- not a platform for preahers.

technically, this is a conspiracy website and you are in the "Off-Topic: Religion, Faith and Theology Forum"

what are preahers?

Hi SG
That's obvious, it's just a spelling mistake........... it should be pre hers which stands for a male in his physical life that is one before his next reincarnation as a female

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BULLPIN

How do you feel about the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on your door in their attempt to "spread the good news," as it were? Just curious....

Well, considering the fact that I'm usually either in my panties and a t-shirt and can't find any pants to put on or laying down with my infant for naptime, their knocks go un-answered.

Having said that, I don't like being targeted at my house. That's offensive to me and I find it completely unrelated to me choosing to log on to my lap top, choosing to get online, choosing to get onto ATS and choosing to click on the "Religion and Theology" forum, where I also choose to click on various threads that may be of interest.

Then choosing to read and participate in them, or choosing to ignore them and move on.

Fair enough. The distinction you make is noted and I appreciate your frank answer. I say answer the door regardless of your attire, or lack thereof, and see what you've been missing Hahaha.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

please tell your stories in the open. you dont have to worry about people judging you online. to tell your story online would help strengthen the proof for an ethereAl existence.
i believe demons are working in another dimension to unhinge us or "switch the track" that our soultrain is going down towards evil. and they do this by influencing you and others around you to spread anti christ teachings. like how the earth isnt flat. sun doesnt revolve around earth. 6000 year creation date. stuff like that (i am being candid here, i dont want to go into the deep dark specifics)
my argument to unbelieveers is the documented proof of demons and souls and all that.
one proof is exorcisms
the other proof is near death experiences.
these r two very well documented subjects which many people have heard of. i wish i could say google these things but i know unbelievers need to be force fed this stuff. please check back and watch the proof i come up with

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Did you hear about the book that was written 2000 years ago? There has been between 2.5 to 6 billion copies sold, at present is selling 25 million copies per year. Don’t worry guys it’s just a fairy tale

wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible
edit on 1-6-2012 by redneck13 because: n

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I think the word has been spread enough, have you not checked the historical death toll ?

QV.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by qvision

...have you not checked the historical death toll?

Funny you should ask that...

"...secular ideologies were responsible for the murder of 100 million innocent people during the last century." Source

Atheists kill people in such vastly greater numbers than any religion EVER

"And the much greater persecution of priests and believers
in 20th Century Atheist tyrannies clearly demonstrates
the murderous anti-theism of Atheists."

"Then you explain why they kill people in such vastly greater numbers
than any religion EVER HAS in all of history!?"

• Russian Civil War (1917-22): 7 to 10 million
• Soviet Union, Stalin's regime (1924-53): 20 million
• People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong's regime (1949-1975): 44 to 72 million

Source

“We do not fight against believers and not even clergymen. WE FIGHT AGAINST GOD to snatch believers from Him.” - Vechernaia Moskva, a Soviet newspaper

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmw93
we must spread the news of god and jesus christ. we must spread the mantra forgive and repent. we must pass out the prayer that will bring us closer to god which is this one
Or else? Or else the devil wins, right? Or else something "bad" might happen, right? You think that there is a force in this multiverse that is capable of thwarting the will and purpose of the Infinite Creator? You really, really underestimate the Creator. That, or you worship one of the many impostors. Don't feel bad, I used to, also! But once you get the shaft enough times, you start insisting on the genuine article. I did, and was not disappointed. Religion will never, ever get you there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join