It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we christians/creationists must spread the word we believe in

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tmw93

Your premis is not relevant. Unless you do good in the world all that talk means absolutely ZERO. I'd rather be in hell with Atheists who did good deeds in their lives than chillin' in heaven with religious bigots who do nothing good Monday through Saturday. Er, make that Sunday, too.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Sadly not everyone is as rational as you but I'm glad you are.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tmw93

I agree with the Op.

However no one that comes here is looking for salvation. Well not for their souls. Maybe salvation from zombies, aliens, tyrannical governments etc., but it only goes skin deep.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Agreed friend, I also think that people that come here looking for those things do such because they are missing something in their lives and that they DO desire to know about whats unknown to THEM
But like Bethsaida there is a LOT of unbelief here and that's a challenge to work with, we just gotta show em love and deliver the word in a way that doesn't shove it down their throats

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The sooner we stamp out religious zealots and embrace science the sooner humanity will find peace and prosperity. With science we will go to the stars. With religion we will kill each other until there is nobody left.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In America he has every right to do this. But he should also remember that if a person doesn't want to listen to it then that is their right also. After all you cannot force a person to believe in something that they don't want to.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus
The sooner we stamp out religious zealots and embrace science the sooner humanity will find peace and prosperity. With science we will go to the stars. With religion we will kill each other until there is nobody left.

What do we use to kill each other? Sure isn't prayer. There is room enough in humanity for both.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Firstly this is a conspiracy web site. Do you expect like minded to say "Yes what a wonderful idea" and non like minded to say "I respect your religion and hence will not contribute"?

Secondly I would like religious people to do as they say ("Practice what you preach") - then they may gain more respect. So if your bible says "thou shalt not kill" then surely you should be campaigning against all wars around the world.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
Firstly this is a conspiracy web site. Do you expect like minded to say "Yes what a wonderful idea" and non like minded to say "I respect your religion and hence will not contribute"?

Secondly I would like religious people to do as they say ("Practice what you preach") - then they may gain more respect. So if your bible says "thou shalt not kill" then surely you should be campaigning against all wars around the world.

If you read previous posts where people had expressed their thoughts, ATS is NOT JUST A CONSPIRACY SITE

AboveTopSecret.com - Conspiracy Theories, UFOs, Paranormal, Political Madness, and other "Alternative Topics"

Would this forum not be considered an alternative topic?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Aren't the "facts" that Jesus is Lord, and that God is good, supposed to be self-evident? Many people question the intent of, and consider highly suspect, anyone that feels such a strong need to tell others exactly what it is they should be, and should not be, doing as it relates to religious practices and beliefs.

How do you feel about the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on your door in their attempt to "spread the good news," as it were? Just curious....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
you christains are just using your beliefs as a blanket to help you sleep at night. you don't even have the humility to be honest with yourselves and admit you don't know. belief is death to the potential of ever really knowing anything. you're not seekers, you've already come to conclusions. summed up life, it isn't even worth living. next time yall get sick yall should just wait to die. why delay your progress to God? you're not real devotees, just apart of a fan club

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmw93
. demons even talk to me some times telling me to push people infront of the train.

wait.....what?

im just parroting what i been taught.

....and what?

It's up to you to work out your own salvation, brother. The best gift you can give yourself is to come to terms with why you believe what you believe, and "because that's what my momma/daddy/preacher/grandma said" won't cut the mustard.

There are people who died horrible, agonizing deaths for their belief in Christianity. That tells me that their beliefs were based on much more than parroting.
Christians are villified and ridiculed daily, and although you only need to justify your faith to yourself, the anti-Christian sentiment is only going to get worse from here on out. So even trying to keep your faith justified according to your own resolve is going to become exponentially more difficult as you encounter more and more opposition.

Test all things as you continue to work out your salvation with fear (deep reverence) and trembling (awesome wonder).
edit on 31-5-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

we must spread the news of god and jesus christ. we must spread the mantra forgive and repent. we must pass out the prayer that will bring us closer to god which is this one
Lord, I thank You for Your love and Your mercy, thank You, Lord, for the word that has reached my heart today. Father, I ask for Your forgiveness. Forgive me. Wash me with Your precious blood. Write my name in the Book of Life. Accept me as Your child, Lord. Right now, I forgive anyone that I had not been able to forgive. I renounce to my lack of forgiveness. I renounce all things that have hindered Your flow, and I ask You to transform me and to fill me with Your
presence every day. Thank You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit; in the Name of Jesus, Amen.

sorry to intrude in your debates on whether god is real or not. i am trying to help people find christ any wAy i can.

I usually dont join these threads, but dont you see what kind of hypocrite you people are?? Here you complain about us Atheists doing this, but yet here you are creating a thread on how to spread your fictional lies and propaganda onto us.

You Christians never cease to amaze me...
Edit:

Originally posted by tmw93 . demons even talk to me some times telling me to push people infront of the train.

This explains a lot.. I was tempted to write that you remind me a lot of some schizophrenic guy I know, but stopped myself as it would be seen as offending I bet.
But you clearly are and I suggest you get professional help before it gets worse.
edit on 31-5-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Spreading the word, as you say, seems to be having the opposite effect. The more people you tell about things like creationism, just make you look a little silly, when we have such scientific knowledge at our finger tips. You may have had more luck when people believed the Earth was flat.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

. demons even talk to me some times telling me to push people infront of the train.

wait.....what?

i kind of believe him. i used to see "demons" holding people by their lower spine when they were durnk and making them say nasty things. thats was when i was a kid though. i gradually convinced myself it was imagination and it stopped. but lately lots of weird things have been happening. so now im not so sure

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

wait.....what?

i kind of believe him. i used to see "demons" holding people by their lower spine when they were durnk and making them say nasty things. thats was when i was a kid though. i gradually convinced myself it was imagination and it stopped. but lately lots of weird things have been happening. so now im not so sure

I guess there is a demon holding my lower spine now then.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

wait.....what?

mind. blown.
seriously? as a kid? what was their appearance and at what age were you? children are much more susceptible to alternate cognitive perception. I suspect this is due to the fact that they are still using certain portions of the human brain that cease to be utilized after fully completing the process of sexual maturity? Dunno, but I am also curious to know what other weird things you find yourself encountering as of late. Mostly because I'm nosey, but also as validation for my own, personal conjecture.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just be wary where you tread, "No Trespassing" signs, mean just that!

You can be arrested or WORSE!

Nice to have the law on MY side...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by tmw93

I agree with the Op.

However no one that comes here is looking for salvation. Well not for their souls. Maybe salvation from zombies, aliens, tyrannical governments etc., but it only goes skin deep.

Pretty sad that you can believe you came to this planet, in this dimension as a crap-shoot to see if you can find God's message, then swallow that message out of pure fear, change the fear into JOY because you now know how to save yourself, and then realize noone even in your church can agree on this ridiculous translation of books that were written for various reasons....BUT STILL BELIEVE, and all because you could not handle talking to yourself but need someone to write you a reason for being, to PROGRAM you.

Good luck to you all, who have no sense of what actually is going on here.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by tmw93

I agree with the Op.

I ALSO agree with the OP. Not only do I agree 100%, for the sake of SOULS that desperately NEED God, keep on doing what you have done here. Do NOT stop! I believe The Spirit of the Lord was VERY pleased by what you are doing! PLEASE keep on obeying God and doing what HE wants you to do! SOULS are ALL that matter in life! THANK YOU!!!

@lonewolf: about "no one that comes here is looking for salvation", read this:

"Basically my entire life I have shunned the thought of their being a God and even ridiculed those that believed in God. God has still done it in a way to make sure I understand where it comes from and to what I need to change in my life still but you have to trust me on this there is no doubt God has answered my cries for help now I have decided that I believe in God. I am off to Sunday service tomorrow and I will thank God for their help. Please those people who are too proud to believe, give God a chance.

I cannot explain how I am so sure as it is too personal but you just have to believe me there has been a divine intervention."

I know God exists for a fact now

"But alas, what keeps people from Christ is the exact same things that kept me from Christ originally. I'm still a work in progress & have good/bad days. Here's the thing. I used to be an Atheist/Agnostic and now am a Christian and its definitely a huge upgrade in life, especially the direct experiences. I can never go back to anything else."

I used to be an Atheist/Agnostic and now am a Christian

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join