It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we christians/creationists must spread the word we believe in

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
What is there to gain by spreading a religion, besides world domination? can someone tell me why you can't just worry about yourself and get yourself to heaven? I do believe I remember reading about free will in the bible, let us use that and find our own way. it won't affect you chance getting to heaven either way.

World domination? What? Perhaps for Muslims, but we both know you're referring to Christianity - I ask you then to see my thread in my signature below, "Christianity: Whats the catch?" and please give a response about how you feel Christianity is on a crusade for World Domination.

Why can't we worry about ourselves? Because that's selfish. If you walked down the street and saw a burning building, with several people inside - what do you do? Call 911, and perhaps if it was necessary, you would rush inside and save as many people as you can.

Christians know that mankind is headed for damnation, and we pray for the lost (calling 911, if you want), and we spread the Good News that your sins have been forgiven, and you can have salvation by simply believing in Christ. However, if you think you can "find your own way", it's impossible. Jesus IS the Way, the Truth, and the Life - and NO ONE comes to the Father except by him. Believing in him gives eternal life. It's that simple.

We Christians are just wondering why people can't grasp this simple concept.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by strafgod
What is there to gain by spreading a religion, besides world domination? can someone tell me why you can't just worry about yourself and get yourself to heaven? I do believe I remember reading about free will in the bible, let us use that and find our own way. it won't affect you chance getting to heaven either way.

World domination? What? Perhaps for Muslims, but we both know you're referring to Christianity - I ask you then to see my thread in my signature below, "Christianity: Whats the catch?" and please give a response about how you feel Christianity is on a crusade for World Domination.

Why can't we worry about ourselves? Because that's selfish. If you walked down the street and saw a burning building, with several people inside - what do you do? Call 911, and perhaps if it was necessary, you would rush inside and save as many people as you can.

Christians know that mankind is headed for damnation, and we pray for the lost (calling 911, if you want), and we spread the Good News that your sins have been forgiven, and you can have salvation by simply believing in Christ. However, if you think you can "find your own way", it's impossible. Jesus IS the Way, the Truth, and the Life - and NO ONE comes to the Father except by him. Believing in him gives eternal life. It's that simple.

We Christians are just wondering why people can't grasp this simple concept.

Yea yea yea, thats every religions claim, you have no proof that its true, You only think its true, as does every other religion.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Puh-lease, we hear enough from you guys.

- give it a rest, this is a conspiracy forum- not a platform for preahers.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lionhearte

Since your a christian you believe I directed my response to the christian religion alone, thats selfish. Im asking every religion to mind their own business.

"if you walked down the street and saw a burning building, with several people inside" haha so im a burning building without your brand of religion an my soul needs a savin.

Save your own soul, mine is not for sell.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 31-5-2012 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Yea yea yea, thats every religions claim, you have no proof that its true, You only think its true, as does every other religion.
Except Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship. I have no proof it's true? Try me. Have questions? Ask.

reply to post by strafgod

Since your a christian you believe I directed my response to the christian religion alone, so you are selfish. Im asking every religion to mind their own business.

"if you walked down the street and saw a burning building, with several people inside" haha so im a burning building without your brand of religion an my soul needs a savin.

Save your own soul, mine is not for sell.

This topic is regarding Christians and their duty, which is why I presumed it - Selfish? You might want to look up the word. There was nothing to gain by taking the blame.

No, you're not the burning building. You're inside it.
Also, I cannot "save my own soul" - that's retarded. No one can. I'm not trying to purchase your soul, Christ is. He paid for it with his blood, give to him what belongs to him.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lionhearte

sorry lionhearte. I can't help it sometimes, religous discussion brings out the troll in me.

Best to just ignore me

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 31-5-2012 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

World domination? What? Perhaps for Muslims,

You really are so short sighted and hypocritical.

However, if you think you can "find your own way", it's impossible. Jesus IS the Way, the Truth, and the Life - and NO ONE comes to the Father except by him. Believing in him gives eternal life. It's that simple.

The only way one could discover Jesus is the way is to realize that in their own time and effort. I don't need you babbling nonsense into my ear all the time, your preaching is utterly useless unless you can provide me with solid proof of what you're claiming, and of course you cannot. And if I have to give up my critical thought and rationality to believe in all this nonsense, then I'd rather not have your god damn eternal life. All this nonsense based on your mere self serving desire to grasp eternal life, and your deep fear of a finite existence. In truth you disgust me.
edit on 31-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo
i dont want to just be negative so i will give the best advice i can....next time isolate a topic and delve deep into it....like forgiveness....give examples of how you have given it or feel like someone has given it back to you and the impact its had long term...etc.....i really appreciate this part of your corny thread because it is lacking in society and very much needs to be addressed....just not how u presented it. plz take this advice with love and respect....not sarcasm....as long your original intentions were not gargoyle in nature.

no they were egotistic in nature. this idea that my religion alone is right and all others are wrong. it's no different than racism

If we truly thought about that for five minutes, it's obvious - there is only ONE Creator of mankind, and as such this ONE Creator would provide one Path to serve His purpose. So therefore, of course there is one correct Way, and He provided it - the Lord Our Righteousness - Christ Jesus. He even declared that He is "THE way, THE life and THE truth".

It's very easy to prove - humble your heart and seek Him in prayer. Nobody can show you except that ONE Creator, and only He can turn your head and heart to the Saviour He sent. And lol, do you think defining this belief as "racism " will work on people who are aware of this Truth? It only works on those who don't, and that's why you believe it. It's also why the Holy Spirit confirms that His desire is to save all, yet why it also will not happen - humans as He created them have a wicked tendency to think that they are ABOVE their Own Creator. We are subordinate, but many will choose to believe that spirit of disobedience that rules their lives, that very same spirit of disobedience that must SILENCE THE WORDS OF GOD BY CALLING IT RACISM .

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tmw93

I think you posted in the wrong forum on this board. Here's the description, included at the top of ever page, of what this forum is for:

Origins and Creationism: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the organized conspiracy to influence science education through the introduction of creationism and other non-scientific origin concepts. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
uhhh did anyone watch the video that I posted? page 2 btw

and ... do you think this man is lying? .. or had a dream? .. '___'?

well ... whatever it was it sure effected him ... he dedicated his life to what the OP said ...

word... to yo fatha

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tmw93

sorry to intrude in your debates on whether god is real or not. i am trying to help people find christ any wAy i can.

Yet you, like everyone else, posted this in "Religion, Faith, And Theology".

There are two types of people who frequent this section.

Type A : believe exactly as you do
Type B : don't believe as you do and will not be convinced to do so

So again, echoing the statements of many, what exactly is the purpose of posting this? I mean, you know it's against the T&C to go around trying to convert people here, so what exactly is the purpose of reiterating the same stuff, to the same people who just posted the same reiterated stuff?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I sense a lot of bad feelings on this thread, and it's all coming from the scoffers. Tell me, scoffers, why do you bother to post on threads like this at all? It think it's because you are seething with rage against Christians and their God. If you were indifferent, you would surely just pass this thread over, but your reactions betray you. I say this as an ex-atheist, who when an atheist, never sputtered like this bunch.

As to the "auditory hallucinations," that's a psycho-illogical phenom - when you hear the Voice of God, as I have on two occasions, it it NOT auditory. You scoffers will hear the Voice also, and I fear that you will hear it in its auditory form, as: "Depart into everlasting fire, ye cursed..." Don't let that happen to you.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It doesn''t make sense, who do believers of SOME religion think they NEED to save them or NEED to spread the word? why can't you just be yourself and if people wanted to rely on a super ultra being, then they will come to you.

As an Atheist, i think Buddism/Ancient Hinduism would be something i admire, they don't try to convert or preach and they live away from the corruption(sadly the evil hands of corruption is reaching far distances as of late).

If i ever, ever, EVER turn to religion, it would be one of those. Just for the meditation/yoga/karma aspects.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Often, it's for the same reason that you had to reply to this thread. What is naturally IN you will be seen, because we can't help showing who we are and what we believe. Our 2 cents, whatever.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

You have greatly blessed me
and I will remember your name.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Deuteronomy 28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

That will always be my favourite.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And then there's always "You shall worship no other god for I your god am a jealous god" Followed with envy being a sin.
I love the bible.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daemondoll
And then there's always "You shall worship no other god for I your god am a jealous god" Followed with envy being a sin.
I love the bible.

lol This always gets me, its like he admits there is other gods and is jealous possibly cause they are better than him!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tmw93

We will not carry hate with us
nor pocketbook
nor change of clothes.
But hope we shall bring in abundance.
In our thinking all will reap peace.
And our heart will flow over with trust
in our Maker, the One Who loves us most,
so our words will be kind
and gracefully will they inform