It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Why are there people coming on here and defending Obama?
............oh yeah, silly me, I saw 'The West Wing'

We all know how it works - if Obama had raped, murdered, robbed or any other crime, there would be countless resources thrown at putting another spin on it or just complete denial!

Was he born in Kenya? Was he born in Belgium? Was he born in Australia? It doesn't matter right now because he's got unlimited power to deflect or deny any accusations..............

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiCentury
reply to post by anon72

What one should understand is the legal society that we all live in, or rather the implied legal society wherein everything is presumed. It is presumed that when you leave the house in the morning that you are of sound mind and aren't a threat to anyone in the public. The constitution as it stands today is a faux constitution and is applicable to all those who perform functions of government. Under the constitution that we believe is applicable to us has in fact (not opinion) been circumvented by the corporate constiltution by way of commercial law. That is the reason that congress hasn't taken action against the current CEO of U.S. They know what most don't know and that the unalienable rights that we think we possess in fact actually do not. I could continue but I've done enough by planting the seed

Nuff said.....
edit on 17-5-2012 by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yeah you can do that, very easily.

I'm not a birther by the way. I'm just stating how the programs work.

link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
You should see the bio f*ck-up my agent did on me when we were shopping my first book. He didn't mix me up with my dad, but it was pretty bad nonetheless.

Of course that was all your fault....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by Human_Alien
One of the more disturbing aspects of this entire thing is the systematic marginalization of those who raise such questions.....and examine evidence and draw a reasonable conclusion.... are so easily given a 'crazy/birther' label immediately!

From what's been produced so far, the best we can say of Obama is that he lied at some point about his identity!!
EVERYONE has to agree to at LEAST that much.

Either he was born in Hawaii and claimed to have been born in Kenya because it suited his ambitions at the time, or he was born in Kenya and claimed to be born in Hawaii, again to suit the circumstances of his objective. Either way, the man lied.

Or, as was already posted..the woman that wrote the article made a mistake. Add that one nugget into your realm of possibility and I will add your entire mess into mine.

How do you make a mistake if that's what your entire book is about ?

That's like writing a book about Jefferson's slave mistress and how wonderful their relationship was only to find out she was a white American!

I mean...the whole crux of that booklet was to outline the fact that he was born in Kenya. It wouldn't be worth writing if he was just an ordinary black man born in Hawaii now would it?

It's ridiculous and...insulting but hey, I see the bigger picture and I refuse to get upset anymore.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch the show (down).

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by spoor

You cannot scan in as a optimized pdf, it has to be converted. You just reinforced what I said in my last post with your link.

I know it is confusing to you because you do not understand the language or programs, but thanks for proving me right.

And yes I'm a professional because I get paid to create designs

edit on 17-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Ok your obviously overpaid most scanners give you the option of saving the file as PDF.Which makes me wonder how old your scanner is?

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Furbs

Laid out what for me? You cannot scan an image in as an OPTIMIZED pdf. The OPTIMIZED pdf is what gives you the layers, not a normal pdf. An optimized pdf requires conversion from a normal pdf.

That is simply not the case.

Scan to PDF with OCR optimizes PDFs on the fly directly from a scanner.

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This is an admitted fact-checking error...

Update: For those curious about the booklet with the "born in Kenya" blurb, which is in fact real, Miriam Goderich who is from the literary agency that produced it, emailed a statement to Political Wire. "This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

I know it doesn't matter to the birther crowd, but I can't resist putting the facts out there. Sorry.

Thanks to Aloysius the Gaul for posting this elsewhere.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/17/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Leave the birther kooks with the fairies & unicorns in their imaginary booneyland. They only seem to whine, snivel & moan when they try to deal with the real world.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

That's like writing a book about Jefferson's slave mistress and how wonderful their relationship was only to find out she was a white American!

I mean...the whole crux of that booklet was to outline the fact that he was born in Kenya. It wouldn't be worth writing if he was just an ordinary black man born in Hawaii now would it?

It's ridiculous and...insulting but hey, I see the bigger picture and I refuse to get upset anymore.

No. One detail in that booklet was that "he was born in Kenya". It would be worth writing if he were born in Hawaii because.. wait for it.. he was one of their clients, regardless of where he was born!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
BREAKING NEWS****

OBAMA

TAKES EARLY

ELECTION LEAD

That's a nice map of the U.S. that you created. And it was really cool that you used red, white and blue to color in the states because those are the colors of the American flag. We're talking about something else in here, though....not the U.S. elections. Did you try posting this diagram of yours in the "Jokes" forum? I'm sure quite a few members would have "starred" this post in there.....I know I would have.

link   

No. One detail in that booklet was that "he was born in Kenya". It would be worth writing if he were born in Hawaii because.. wait for it.. he was one of their clients, regardless of where he was born!

Well, maybe you're right. I doubt it though because if he was her client wouldn't he want to proof read it?
Eh...I don't care.

He doesn't represent me. Neither does Romney. Ron Paul is my president.

All I know is this is building up like a political crescendo and I just want it to be 2013 already.

link   

What to say, what to say to sound interesting? To stand out from the rest. How best to stretch things and create some fascination?

Save yourself, serve yourself....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What gets me is how people will vigorously defend Obama on this issue, when there seems to be plenty of smoke to warrant an investigation into where there is fire. That leads me to think it's because of one of two things.

1) They are simply partisan hacks who would defend Obama if he slit someone's throat on live TV and tell you it didn't happen.
2) They fear that it's true, and can't stomach the possibility that they have been made out to be fools.

Regardless of which side of the issue anyone stands on, you'd think they'd be interested in the truth. Sadly, they aren't.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by anon72

ok, what if barack obama was born in hawai ? and the birth certificate is real ?

edit on 17-5-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Do you have some form of reading comprehension problem? The booklet says BORN IN KENYA... RAISED IN INDONESIA AND HAWAII...

It doesn't say born in Hawaii... Do you understand now?

It's like I was BORN in Cuba, was RAISED in Spain/Portugal and the U.S.

edit on 17-5-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by anon72

The definition of racist: Someone winning an argument with a liberal and don't let them give you any crap bout Breitbart the left didn't have any problems when he was working with the Huffington Post.

Certainly and interesting booklet there.

link   

One of the more disturbing aspects of this entire thing is the systematic marginalization of those who raise such questions.....and examine evidence and draw a reasonable conclusion.... are so easily given a 'crazy/birther' label immediately!

From what's been produced so far, the best we can say of Obama is that he lied at some point about his identity!!
EVERYONE has to agree to at LEAST that much.

Either he was born in Hawaii and claimed to have been born in Kenya because it suited his ambitions at the time, or he was born in Kenya and claimed to be born in Hawaii, again to suit the circumstances of his objective. Either way, the man lied.

Or, as was already posted..the woman that wrote the article made a mistake. Add that one nugget into your realm of possibility and I will add your entire mess into mine.

How could she make a mistake? let me see now, all she new about him was what book he wrote and that he's got a funny name and a connection to Kenya, was it just his dad or was he born there? Who is going to read this crap except some obsessed birther kook trying to prove some idiotic theory, after all, she had hundreds more of those bio blurbs to do:

web.archive.org...://www.dystel.com/clientlist.html

link   
BREAKING NEWS! Cigarette Man uses map from 2010 Senate Races but wasn't smart enough to realize people would sniff out his B.S.

BREAKING NEWS****

OBAMA

TAKES EARLY

ELECTION LEAD

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JonU2

The media is biased toward him. It makes sense, though. The American media has a bias toward those whom are taking away freedoms. There is always an excuse. They brainwash the American public into accepting the raping of their freedoms. It is so sad. I suppose that the quote is true, the people receive the government that they deserve. They are a bunch of sheep and they care not about the truth.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
BREAKING NEWS! Cigarette Man uses map from 2010 Senate Races but wasn't smart enough to realize people would sniff out his B.S.

BREAKING NEWS****

OBAMA

TAKES EARLY

ELECTION LEAD

Navy vet, don't interject FACTS into this discussion! You're going to mess up his protocol! Now he's gotta go find some other distracting bit of nonsense to put up!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join