It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
This just in... an update on this story... but it will most likely get lost i the replies.

Obama’s Lit Agency Used 'Born in Kenya' Bio Until 2007
www.breitbart.com...

"What a tangled web we weave.... When we practice to deceive..."

www.breitbart.com...

Its a non-issue. At least for those who believe his nonsense.

I hope more dirt comes out. His past life reads like the manchurian candidate he is.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There are also the Kenyan Parlaiment's minutes archives available online, that upon his election, state on the record that he was born in Kenya and is a native son of Kenya. Those have been available for the entire length of his term, completely accessible by the public and have been ignored. (See page 2 of the document on the link listed below)
www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
THE EMPEROR IS ON THE THRONE regardless of his mysterious past THE EMPEROR IS ON THE THRONE and I am sure will remain so come November oh well just another day on prison planet terra

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Since the hard right(religious and constitution hypocrites) of the republican party insist on the birther movement, perhaps there is some truth here. I will never rule it out, but you gotta ask yourself is this the main problem with Obama and the democrats or something way worse?

Obama not only continued what the Bushes and Reagans did, he actually made things worse from a financial perspective. Ok he got us out of war in many cases, but he failed with the corporate bailouts and failed to investigate 9-11.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stanats

Still awaiting the debunking...

I suggest you read the two links I posted just above you.

Again,... What a tangled web we weave..

Oh never mind. You just another one of the crazy, non-reading Libs anyway...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by stanats

Still awaiting the debunking...

I suggest you read the two links I posted just above you.

Again,... What a tangled web we weave..

Oh never mind. You just another one of the crazy, non-reading Libs anyway...

How does one debunk a printed mistake? You've all the seen the short and long form. You've all heard from Dr. Fukino. You've all read the truth somewhere along the lines. You guys aren't connecting the dots. Yo9u're creating new dots and rehashing old dots to create a connection.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
well, I'm not a racist, nor am I blind. What I've seen? Well...
We haven't had a REAL president yet in this century. For 8 years we had one that wasn't elected either time (didn't win the popular vote along with serious election fraud issues), then we had one who may not have even been born in this country, which is a requirement. I didn't like dubya and he's white, I don't like Obama either. I guess, for me, Obama is the lesser of two evils, but he's still a pretty lousy consolation prize. I don't HATE Obama, but I'm definitely not impressed with him at all. I won't go as far as to say I HATE dubya, but I'm extremely ashamed of him, dislike him to a great extent and wish we had never had to endure him.

With that being said, I just want to add that the deficit is 75% dubya's fault/ 25% Obama's fault, but both have blame in it. The biggest factor? Remember that $500 check everyone got from the IRS during the bush era? Well, US population of around 313,000,000 x 500 = $156,500,000,000. And we wonder why we have a deficit? Cost of Iraq War = about $800 billion. And we wonder why we have a deficit? It didn't matter who took over after dubya, we were going to have a major deficit, I just don't think Obama has done the best job that could have been done in "fixing it".

Back on topic... If someone does end up proving he was born outside the US, what can be done about it? Will it even matter at this point? I sure don't want a "President Biden"!!! That would be 1000 times worse than President Obama and I'm a democrat!!! Of course, our present choices for the next election pretty much stink too

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Anyone see this yet?

taken from 'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991:

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

They already have the woman who wrote the booklet saying it was her mistake.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Destinyone
I think it's your burden of proof

This excuse may work here for birthers but not in the real world. Nobody has to prove that he did make a mistake, birthers have to prove the relevant of this booklet interms of evidence to whether or not Obama is eligible to the presidency.

Does this short bio in this booklet prove that Obama was actually born in Kenya? Have you spoken to the author and verified this?

The person responsible said she made the fact checking error....

Miriam Goderich (Vice President Jane Dystel Literary Management)
issued the following statement to Political Wire:

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Full disclosure: I am a client of the same literary agency.

www.alan.com...
www.absolutewrite.com... (little bio on Miriam)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Just a suggestion, but has anyone tried looking at Who's Who in America books from around this timeframe? He should have been listed given his President of Harvard Law Review title.

As far as the question of money goes, Mrs. Dunham (the grandmother) was at one time the VP of the Bank of Hawaii. The family moved around quite a bit when his mother was a child. She attended college at a time when student grants and loans were not as easy to come by, in fact they were not overly prevalent in 1989 when I graduated high school compared to today. Mr. Soetoro (the adopted father) had considerable wealth as well. And let us not forget the anecdote of a woman in Florida that met a young Obama during his post-college travels and gave her some money... There was money to be found all over the place. That is unless you believe the "grew up on food stamps with his single mother" story at a time when there was no food stamps in Hawaii.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The truth is obvious to the most casual observer.

Problem is that bias is blinding people to the truth.

They see what they want to see, believe what they want to believe.

Humans...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Probably the "Who's who" books have the safe fact checking errors/ misprints.

Just can not rely on professional writers from that time...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

"There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii."

NEVER ANY INFORMATION so we just ran with the opposite of what information was given. By mistake. He said he was born in Hawaii and so we took that to mean "born in Kenya" by mistake.

hahahahahahaha Born in Kenya. Next.. move on people. Yes he is the latest in a long line of fake terrorist American presidents. They lie, they cheat, they issue orders to kill and destroy and dominate. Yes. They likely eat children and participate in alien gangbangs. Accept it and move on to the deeper realities of this sick and dying "civilization".

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

To answer your question not much he would become ineligible to run again.Congress could attept to impeach him unlikely as that is.But being ineligible for the office makes him whats known as an upsurper. he wouldnt be president and cant be impeached or tried for treason.The only option would be to prosecute him for perjury for every act he did as president. But in reality hed probably get off so in other words not much could happen.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I miss the days when journalism had integrity

If Watergate was going on today, Nixon would get a congressional honor instead of impeachment (and he deserved impeachment). On the other hand, if we had the journalists of that day, We would have had completely different presidents since the beginning of the century.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Being ineligible would at least be a little helpful. Hillary could step up and take the Democratic nomination and we know she'd do a better job, she did well for 8 years already!

link   

Originally posted by ascafidi
There are also the Kenyan Parlaiment's minutes archives available online, that upon his election, state on the record that he was born in Kenya and is a native son of Kenya. Those have been available for the entire length of his term, completely accessible by the public and have been ignored. (See page 2 of the document on the link listed below)
www.scribd.com...

I read it and it doesn't say he was born in Kenya or is a native son of Kenya

Dr. Khalwale:asked for a Motion for Adjournment so that" we could also continue the celebrations of having a Kenyan ruling the USA? I humbly request!" They see him as Kenyan because his Father was born in Kenya.

Here's a nice little article to give people an idea of how some Kenyan's think
www.oah.org...

link   
Since Miriam Goderich is going to take the fall for this one birthers have to look for another lead...
or just wait for tptb to hand him over for backlash - as that illuminati card suggests.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Kenya would make him seem more exotic.
Plus he did live there.

When exactly did Obama live in Kenya?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

OMG, Des...What you said about Outkast Searcher's posts just gave me the craziest idea! You said reading his posts was like seeing into the mind and thoughts of Obama...all this time I just thought of him as a paid shill, but wouldn't it be crazy if OS was actually Obama himself!

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join