It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
What gets me is how people will vigorously defend Obama on this issue, when there seems to be plenty of smoke to warrant an investigation into where there is fire. That leads me to think it's because of one of two things.

1) They are simply partisan hacks who would defend Obama if he slit someone's throat on live TV and tell you it didn't happen.
2) They fear that it's true, and can't stomach the possibility that they have been made out to be fools.

Regardless of which side of the issue anyone stands on, you'd think they'd be interested in the truth. Sadly, they aren't.

I think in part people tend to be true to their party. It's rather an absurd way of picking the best candidate but people like teams. And sides. And gangs. And groups. It makes them feel special. Feel better when they're in a pack. A herd. It's that Sheeple gene people possess.

So Democrats stick by their candidates.
Same thing after the Bush debacle circa 2001-2004. The staunch Republican stuck by him again because dammit.....they are Republicans and couldn't bear the thought of John Kerry (even though the two are related)
It's just a mob mentally thang!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

BREAKING NEWS! Cigarette Man uses map from 2010 Senate Races but wasn't smart enough to realize people would sniff out his B.S.

No way.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
here are some FACTS about what it would take for baracks mom to get to kenya back then:

airchive.com...

FACT 1 This 1959 Map of Pan American Flights confirms that a realistic route from Honolulu to Nairobi involves booking connecting flights. The 1969 Map of Flight Routes shows that Pan American World Airways had no flights into Nairobi, Kenya of any of the adjoining countries on the African East Coast. However, BOAC had flights into Nairobi in 1954. This means a trip from Honolulu to Nairobi would involve coordinating flights from at least two separate airlines.

fact 2 Honolulu Hawaii to Los Angeles California: 2558 miles
Los Angeles California to New York, New York: 2444 miles
New York, New York to Gander Bay Canada: 1116 miles
Gander Bay Canada to London England: 2344 miles
London England to Cairo Egypt: 2180 miles
Cairo Egypt to Nairobi Kenya: 2194 miles
Total Distance: 12,836 miles

FACT 3 Assuming that Barack Sr and Anna got a free 2558 mile canoe ride from Honolulu to Los Angeles, this brings the total cost of our round-trip fares from Hawaii to Nairobi and back to an underestimated cost of $958.00 for one person and $1,916.00 for two tickets. Adjusting for inflation, $1,916.00 in 1961 would be equivalent to $13,000.00 in 2005.

Fact 4 his mom and dad were living on student loans, how could they afford this??

so not only did she do this but, she went to a strange country and had her baby in a strange 3 world poor hospital surrounded by strange medical staff.

they didn't go to the nearest hospital or the 2nd nearest which was the dads home town 250 miles from the airport no instead they went 300 miles east, yeah, that makes sense (so not).

until you can dispel these facts ( which are from the airlines) then barrack could not have been born in kenya.

90 authors in that phamplet, how many other errors are in there, I would love to know

I see the birthers have not dispelled the ^ above facts..... the above facts prove barack could not have been born in kenya

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii." The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.

Source: www.breitbart.com...

Well..... I know.... I'm the racist ATSer... Please. Just one of many that can see Things Just Don't Add UP!!!

Can we pleaes agree on one thing. This man, Obama, has not been properly vetted.

And, I would like to add that with the help of the MSM, a fraud is being committed on the America people and the US Gov't.

All invovled should be held accountable. Let the investigations begin soon.
edit on 5/17/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

We need a reliable source. Brietbart news is far from that.
Let's see the reference evidence so that we can look and see if this is a forgery. Hell, I could have put together what you referenced on my computer in 30 minutes. That doesn't mean a damned thing. What's the Library of Congress number?

Oh, there's no reference evidence? hmmmm. That's shocking.
edit on 17-5-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

"He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented"

www.breitbart.com...

Read the page in the link, it's right there infront of you. Sorry for the repreat if someone already pointed this out. I've been quoted/ had pamplets made for my shows (art) and I can tell you that 9 out of 10 times there misrepresented/ misinformed. This is another case of typo that should have been investegated more before blowing it out of proportion. I'm not an Obama supporter, but if you think that biography is 100% anything without reading the whole article then your a fool.
edit on 17-5-2012 by strongerthandirt because: link to source of quote

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I see the birthers have not dispelled the ^ above facts..... the above facts prove barack could not have been born in kenya

Really? Quoting your own post just because no one deemed it worthy of a response?

A slew of numbers pulled out of multiple butts about flight costs and mileage in the 1960's? That's your proof?

All tremble in trepidation at the smattering of random, unverifiable data!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

It is reliable, pirhanna, the lady from the agency already spoke up, scroll back a tad and read through the post.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by anon72

The definition of racist: Someone winning an argument with a liberal and don't let them give you any crap bout Breitbart the left didn't have any problems when he was working with the Huffington Post.

Certainly and interesting booklet there.

Anyone who doesn't put politics ahead of morality would have a problem with Breitbart, being as he was a "special pile of human excrement." (the epitaph he gave Kennedy upon hearing of his death)
twitter.com...#!/jcr/statuses/175311859849756672

Lying about Shirley Sherrod destroying her career for the sake of cheap politics
en.wikipedia.org...

link   

Attention!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

Name calling, bickering, suggesting illegal acts and other derailments end as of now!!!!!
These posts will continue to be removed, and the possibility of temporary posting bans exists.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The piece is authentic. The lady who wrote it admitted it. She just claims she "made a mistake."

No one is suggesting that Obama was born in Kenya.

What they are suggesting is that he is a liar

If that is too much for you to comprehend, then please do us all a favor and refrain from commenting.

Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate, light a candle, light a motive....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by strongerthandirt

"He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented"

www.breitbart.com...

Read the page in the link, it's right there infront of you. Sorry for the repreat if someone already pointed this out. I've been quoted/ had pamplets made for my shows (art) and I can tell you that 9 out of 10 times there misrepresented/ misinformed. This is another case of typo that should have been investegated more before blowing it out of proportion. I'm not an Obama supporter, but if you think that biography is 100% anything without reading the whole article then your a fool.
edit on 17-5-2012 by strongerthandirt because: link to source of quote

A typo that just happened to be changed before the election?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

The parade of authors alongside Obama in the booklet includes politicians, such as former Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill; sports legends, such as Joe Montana and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar; and numerous Hollywood celebrities.

The reverse side of the page that features Barack Obama includes former Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader and early-1990s "boy band" pop sensation New Kids On the Block.

www.breitbart.com...

Acton, who spoke to Breitbart News by telephone, confirmed precise details of the booklet and said that it cost the agency tens of thousands of dollars to produce.

He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented.

Dystel did not respond to numerous requests for comment, via email and telephone. Her assistant told Breitbart News that Dystel "does not answer questions about Obama."

The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts of Obama’s background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii.

www.breitbart.com...

The Acton & Dystel biography could also reflect how Obama was seen by his associates, or transitions in his own identity. He is said, for instance, to have cultivated an "international" identity until well into his adulthood, according to Maraniss.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanats
How could she make a mistake? let me see now, all she new about him was what book he wrote and that he's got a funny name and a connection to Kenya, was it just his dad or was he born there? Who is going to read this crap except some obsessed birther kook trying to prove some idiotic theory, after all, she had hundreds more of those bio blurbs to do:

web.archive.org...://www.dystel.com/clientlist.html

Well then ya know what? She's in the wrong business. Because you do not write a quasi-biography without knowing the fundamental facts first. I can see an author (literary agent).....getting a parent's first name wrong or.....the number of siblings wrong but where your client was born is fairly important, no?

And here's the funny part, I am Italian by heritage yet no one has EVER confused me being born in Italy. Never. Even though my 'people' were from there.

And if I were President and some of my patriots felt I was born in Italy making me ineligible, I'd whip out my REAL birth certificate so fast they'd be speechless from then on!

ETA: So the moral to this wacky saga is: There is more to this than meets the eye.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
The piece is authentic. The lady who wrote it admitted it. She just claims she "made a mistake."

No one is suggesting that Obama was born in Kenya.

What they are suggesting is that he is a liar

If that is too much for you to comprehend, then please do us all a favor and refrain from commenting.

Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate, light a candle, light a motive....

Are you okay? Do you have that playing in the background? Your posts crack me up even though they're serious. You're the bestest!

PS I think it's "votive"
edit on 17-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I see the Forgers have never heard of telephones.
(Let's not tell them.)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
In my opinion, the one thing is document could be evidence of is that Obama was approached by the establishment to make a presidential run later than many have previously thought. Though he might have been one of their up-and-coming political puppets who sold his integrity down the road early on, perhaps he wasn't being "groomed" for the presidency at that point. Maybe it was a decision made much later...after they decided how useful the whole "first black American president" distraction would be when used on a population that was ready for anything tthat was the opposite of Bush.

This alleged "misprint" is more likely a failure on the part of the establishment to cover their tracks, especially if an Obama presidential run was not a consideration at the time.

In other words....."Oops."
edit on 17-5-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Just maybe It was not even an issue until the B.C. came into question.
Maybe before 2007 there was no point in spending thousands for something that wasn't pennant when referring to someone who was then a Senator.

Jane Dystel still lists Obama as a client on her agency's website.

www.breitbart.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join